New Fronteirs has gotten boring

Started 15 Aug 2019
by Hector
in Suggestions
Any chance we can get a revert to OF for a little while? With WOW classic looming and the repetitive nature of RVR right now (same few groups out), is there any chance we can get OF with milegates removed? Server is getting kind of boring in its current state

Edit: OF with the current teleport to small man/solo area and the GVG list would have been nice to have before the change to NF.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 10:02 PM by ExcretusMaximus
No.

They've said it in multiple threads.

Get used to it.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:05 AM by inoeth
OF=most boring maps in daoc
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:14 AM by Turano
inoeth wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:05 AM
That is a very subjective claim. I always liked the old frontier maps, they had character.
NF has some nice places as well but you almost never fight there because all the action is on the same soulless, monotone, flat plains all the time
Fri 16 Aug 2019 10:00 AM by inoeth
Turano wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:14 AM
inoeth wrote:
That is a very subjective claim. I always liked the old frontier maps, they had character.
NF has some nice places as well but you almost never fight there because all the action is on the same soulless, monotone, flat plains all the time

character LOL
you mean monotone milegates, or the same emain over and over all day because othe zones were not really playable because of thousands of mobs standing around? oh yeah i remember all the cool fights at the steep slopes where you could see shit.

you nostalgic guys are really making me angry, how can one be so blind.... but gladly you guys have been outvoted
Fri 16 Aug 2019 12:22 PM by Roto23
Hector wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 10:01 PM
Any chance we can get a revert to OF for a little while? With WOW classic looming and the repetitive nature of RVR right now (same few groups out), is there any chance we can get OF with milegates removed? Server is getting kind of boring in its current state

Edit: OF with the current teleport to small man/solo area and the GVG list would have been nice to have before the change to NF.

I would like an event like this
Wed 2 Oct 2019 2:51 PM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:

Not rly! Give not only Walls in OF.
Wed 2 Oct 2019 3:04 PM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 5:52 PM
Uthred wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:10 AM
We will not switch back to OF.

On the one hand the voting was very clear, on the other hand there are some technial reasons why we wont do it. I think Schaf just posted it yesterday in the "changes"-thread.
Wed 2 Oct 2019 3:15 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
OF roaming:

Thu 3 Oct 2019 3:18 PM by Enyore
No OF please

NF was a welcoming change

thanks.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics