Switching to Hib, advice is needed :)

Started 14 Aug 2019
by Warriston
in Hibernia
Hello dear Hibs,

I am a long time Albion Player looking to give Hibernia a chance.

I would be thankful for some advice on which class to pick.

I want to do the following, in this order of importance:

be useful in 8v8 groups
be useful in pve events such as feather farming and raids.
Not be terrible in 1vs1 (don't need to be good here, just not totally terrible)

I would prefer a caster class, since I played an Arms on Alb for like forever :-)

What does the Meta say these days?

Thanks in advance!
Wed 14 Aug 2019 9:50 AM by vilcleft
Using your criteria and ruling out the obvious choice of Hero, I would guess your best choice after that would be to join the ranks of the mana Enchanters, Bombing for pve, sits in the current meta for HoH and is the preferred normal choice for debuffer for 8v8 casters as well as debuffing your own baseline nukes if solo and having a pet and speed
Wed 14 Aug 2019 12:24 PM by Warriston
vilcleft wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019 9:50 AM
Using your criteria and ruling out the obvious choice of Hero, I would guess your best choice after that would be to join the ranks of the mana Enchanters, Bombing for pve, sits in the current meta for HoH and is the preferred normal choice for debuffer for 8v8 casters as well as debuffing your own baseline nukes if solo and having a pet and speed

Hehe yeah, Hero would indeed be cool, but I've slammed/slowed hibs, mids and myself to near oblivion (not that it wasn't fun!)

Thanks for the Input so far
I think calling targets in 8v8 would be fine for me.

May I ask how you feel about Light Eld? I assume they Are not liked in PVE?
It seems to me that specc DD/NS/AE mezz (even though worse than the bard one) is nothing to be laughed at...

any more opinions :-) ?
Wed 14 Aug 2019 1:12 PM by vilcleft
Well a Light Eld (45 light rest mana) has a massive rvr utility (imo) but is probably the least wanted spec for doing feather instances (void elds to debuff for animists in DS and to debuff for pbaoe in HoH and mana elds to fill a pbaoe spot in HoH) and with a purple spec nuke, yellows and oranges are easy fodder for solo pve farming

Whether you could get away with a split spec Eld (39 mana/37 light) would probably depend on whether you were happy with it and whether the people you ran rvr with were happy with it, you can always have a look at it on the char planner, but its only really an option if you want to be a real annoyance in rvr and blag your way into HoH groups with your second top pbaoe

You could always level an eld or chanter to be your rvr toon and then level an easymode animist to be your pve toon since it is very fast to level and the DS meta uses 4 arb animists (and some rvr groups will even take an arb animist)

but for one single caster spec that has good value in all your criteria, Im still putting Mana Chanter at top of the list
Wed 14 Aug 2019 2:45 PM by Moid
Advice in regards to switching to Hib?

DON’T

The fact is that Hib is horribly underpopulated. At best Hib has the highest population about 30 - 60 minutes per day. Yeah that’s right, in a 24 hour period Hib has as much or more population than both of the other realms for 60 minutes on a good day. Alb isn’t doing much better as on the vast majority of days Alb has the most population for 4 hours per day. Rarely does the Alb population beat the Mid population for more than 4 hours. I personally think Hib is a lost cause and you’d be better off sticking to Alb. It’s clear Hib isn’t getting buffed and the only real question is when will they nerf Hib again.
Wed 14 Aug 2019 3:00 PM by gotwqqd
Create an animist first
Do the tasks and gather 20 of each item
Level up all salvage skills very easy as they crossover

Now you have your farming pve bot and you will zip through leveling your rvr toon with the task items farmed

Play the rvr toon you want to
Don’t worry about it crossing over to pve
Wed 14 Aug 2019 10:27 PM by Azuell
Moid wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019 2:45 PM
Advice in regards to switching to Hib?

DON’T

The fact is that Hib is horribly underpopulated. At best Hib has the highest population about 30 - 60 minutes per day. Yeah that’s right, in a 24 hour period Hib has as much or more population than both of the other realms for 60 minutes on a good day. Alb isn’t doing much better as on the vast majority of days Alb has the most population for 4 hours per day. Rarely does the Alb population beat the Mid population for more than 4 hours. I personally think Hib is a lost cause and you’d be better off sticking to Alb. It’s clear Hib isn’t getting buffed and the only real question is when will they nerf Hib again.

Who cares if they are underpopulated? If anything that would be more reason to switch. I love logging in and seeing a 60% underpop bonus to rps.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 8:42 AM by CronU
Azuell wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019 10:27 PM
Who cares if they are underpopulated? If anything that would be more reason to switch. I love logging in and seeing a 60% underpop bonus to rps.

True, but just if you already have a team, otherwise it can be very frustrating.

Moid wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019 2:45 PM
Alb isn’t doing much better as on the vast majority of days Alb has the most population for 4 hours per day. Rarely does the Alb population beat the Mid population for more than 4 hours.

I firstly thought i landed in a post that is some weeks old as i read this, cause in the past week alb was more overpopulated then mid.
In the EU morning hours Mid was always underpop (40-60% rp bonus) already and in the past couple of days mid was even underpop in the EU evening (by up to 30-40% rp bonus).
Thu 15 Aug 2019 10:59 PM by Moid
CronU wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 8:42 AM
I firstly thought i landed in a post that is some weeks old as i read this, cause in the past week alb was more overpopulated then mid.
In the EU morning hours Mid was always underpop (40-60% rp bonus) already and in the past couple of days mid was even underpop in the EU evening (by up to 30-40% rp bonus).
Highest population per https://playphoenix.online

8/12
Alb 16 hours
Mid 9 hours
8/11
Mid 19 hours
Alb 6 hours
8/10
Alb 15 hours
Mid 9 hours
8/09
Mid 17 hours
Alb 7 hours
08/08
Mid 14 hours
Alb 5 hours
08/07
Mid 19 hours
Alb 5 hours
08/06
Mid 15 hours
Alb 6 hours
08/05
Mid 12 hours
Alb 12 hours
08/04
Mid 19 hours
Alb 3 hours
08/03
Mid 17 hours
Alb 3 hours

All numbers rounded up. On almost every day with the exception of 08/05 Hib had some minutes or, in the case of 08/10, 30 seconds during which it held the to high population spot.

The trend appears to show Hib’s population problems becoming even more dire. It’s possible that Alb is benefiting from Hib defections. But in no case has Alb been able to muster the population lead for anywhere near a week or even consecutive days. For Alb to take the population lead for 14+ hours might actually be alarming, assuming that is not due to Hib defections. Is Alb taking the population lead because Mids are quitting?

I might take some time to look at the population numbers to see if there’s been an upward or sideways trend for Alb.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 7:50 AM by CronU
Moid wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 10:59 PM
Highest population per https://playphoenix.online

okay sorry, seems we are talking about two diffrent things.
yes by total numbers mid is mostly overpop.. but they have way more people stuck to pvm then the other two realms.
so even if mid is the overpopulated realm at a given time, that doesnt mean they are the largest realm in rvr.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 10:01 AM by Warriston
Hey guys, its me again - your OP :-)

Thanks to all for the great advice. You really helped.

please do not Hijack this thread about a discussion about the value of switching to/from Hib/Alb.
Let me be clear: I never switched to Hib because I do not like Albion or want to go to the FOTM realm.

I simply love this server and what it does for Dark Age of camelot. Given that Hib was going very low on population, I thought they could use another active player.

I have chosen enchanter as my main, which is 50 and semi temped by now with a /played of 20 hours. I learned something new, namely that Animists are crazy for levelling.

I will completely break the hib Meta this evening at around 05:00 PM german time by creating a cursed forest feathers loop group.

Yes yes yes, this is not being done on Hib side. Well now it is. Feel free to join or watch us go

Thanks again for the help all! Thread can be closed, question is answered :-)

best wishes,

Abalach (Mana Enchanter)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics