Re: Expedite the leveling path to 50.

CronU wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:18 pm
imo you won't need 40h on any char by now.
since launch the exp you do got massivly increased. not by increasing the base exp, but with mob type bonuses, realmtask bonuses, instance bonuses you can by now reach bonuses from 500-1000% xp with ease. (dont forget that the 5% guildbuff xp and the 10% exp potion xp get calculated AFTER all those other bonuses.

:roll: ;)
- Ashok, GM Lead
Attachments
XP.png
XP.png (29.8 KiB) Viewed 197 times

The issue I find is it's boring as hell to level! It was boring on live and it's boring here. At least on live we had buffs to speed it along if you were solo. But here on melee and non pet classes it's pull and sit. Killing the same mobs over and over mind numbing bore! RVR to me is the end game and the best part of this game. It's what got us all hooked! So let's get people out there as fast as possible. There is no new blood in DAOC so we have all seen this stuff before so speed the leveling up faster. I don't play DAOC to pve! I could play WoW or FF for that and they are better at it.

Maybe I'm dumb but where are these instances for leveling players where I can get a 500%+ xp bonus? Is this stuff that is available as level 30-40ish? Is it soloable, because finding groups is next to impossible as a stealther?

It's cute to eyeroll about this stuff but this information is not easily accessible to someone just hopping into the server.

I'm sure the devs look at my post and think I'm simply crying about xp being too slow. Like I said before, I'm used to grinding and xp rates far slower than this. The fact is that groups are basically non-existent that I can tell.

Like most people, I came here to RvR. Solo leveling is what most new players to this server have to look forward to, and it sucks.

LET ME EMPHASIZE THE FOLLOWING:

I appreciate the devs and the fact that this server exists at all. I am happy that I have an outlet to play DAoC that is populated and has devs who seem like they care a lot and have put a ton of effort in. All I am trying to do is say that my experience sucks thus far because solo leveling is unenjoyable, and grouping is pretty hard to come by. I'm at 21 hours played and level 42 so far. I consider that a really good pace, but it has been nearly 100% solo, boring, and tedious despite the occasional LFG chat spam.

This is a top heavy server with a somewhat jaded playerbase, so it makes sense that established players don't really care too much. I think it would be better for the health of the server if the leveling process were improved. Simple as that.

A_Liav wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm
Maybe I'm dumb but where are these instances for leveling players where I can get a 500%+ xp bonus? Is this stuff that is available as level 30-40ish? Is it soloable, because finding groups is next to impossible as a stealther?
There is no instance with such an high bonus. There are by now 2 lvl 50 Instances, called Darkspire and Halls of Helgardh. Those two give you 1% xp bonus for every cleared run. The bonus of all grouped members of the grp gets added up.
So if player 1 cleared it 5 times, playered 2 cleared it 123 times, player 3 cleared it 34 times and player 4-8 has never been in this instance so far, the whole grp (all 8 members) are getting an instancebonus of 162%.
A_Liav wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm
but it has been nearly 100% solo
To be fair, you seem to know daoc for a long time now.. and you picked a stealther... as FIRST character after joining the server.
That is by default of course and absolutly reasonable the hardest class to get grps. And as always known solo exp sucks compared to grp exp.
As said the first char is the hardest, since you are still learning how everything works here and then picking the hardest to level character.. well nothing more to say.

I'm happy with all the exp incentives that got implemented. It made xp'ing way way faster. And imo even faster exping is close to i50... which noone likes (something you can clearly see when you watch all those dead i50 servers in the past). So this is a fast way to exp, by not being to fast.

I have to level two characters anyway, which is part of the problem. It doesn't matter if I level my stealther first or not, it still takes forever considering you aren't allowed to box on this server.

All I play in this game are stealthers. I will end up having to level an Animist to 50 or something the moment my NS hits 50 to be able to make money and actually afford a decent template to do RvR, or level crafters, or do much of anything.

At my current pace I will hit 50 around 30 hours played, then I'll have to invest another 20+ hours in leveling a farming alt.

I'll have spent 5+ days doing tedious nonsense to get to the only part of the game which actually matters, which is RvR. It's just unnecessary. I'm not asking for instant level 50, I'm just asking for something better than what we have now.

Edit: Btw, how are instance xp bonuses relevant if the only instances people run are 50?

A_Liav wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49 pm
I have to level two characters anyway, which is part of the problem. It doesn't matter if I level my stealther first or not, it still takes forever considering you aren't allowed to box on this server.

All I play in this game are stealthers. I will end up having to level an Animist to 50 or something the moment my NS hits 50 to be able to make money and actually afford a decent template to do RvR, or level crafters, or do much of anything.

At my current pace I will hit 50 around 30 hours played, then I'll have to invest another 20+ hours in leveling a farming alt.

I'll have spent 5+ days doing tedious nonsense to get to the only part of the game which actually matters, which is RvR. It's just unnecessary. I'm not asking for instant level 50, I'm just asking for something better than what we have now.
This! On Alb it's a necro or cab just to support 1 character. So that's basically 100 levels of boring tedious pve just to get to rvr!

How about implementing /level 20-30 on account with currently a level 50 in that realm.
It would take like 15 mins to dev and 10 to the worldbuilder to implement this stuff.

You only have to also implement in that Code, " /level " characters to not be allowed in any battleground. In that way you wont get a massive amount of players leaving rvr for thid chars.

If a player want to go a bg he have to level Up from 0.

The Xp is the biggest shit in this daoc. Even the high level raids are shit. But atleast they are needed for stuff.

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:41 am
You should have made your farm bit first
Doubled up on turn in items for your main
And you would have all kinds of good gear for the hard solo leveling class
Honestly, even if I had full stacks of collection items it wouldn't do much. You have to run around and turn them in, then spend 20-30 minutes grinding the last 20-30% of a level so you can turn in the next collection and repeat.

There's a ton of wasted time running around the world turning the items in. I do have to wonder how much more palatable the leveling experience would be if collection turns in just gave a flat 10% of a level every time.

At level 46 I'm getting less than 50% of a level for a collection, so that's a solid 45-60 minutes of grinding as a solo NS to finish off the level.

If I had rolled my farm character first it might save me 3-4 hours off of what has become a 20+ hour grind. Not significant enough to make it any less tedious.