ZoC - Zergs of Camelot - New RvR commands and playstyle

Started 24 Jul 2019
by Strikejk
in Open Community Votes
Hi folks, I put this out for you to vote.
ZoC - Zergs of Camelot
A new form of playstyle for DAoC.
Apparently everyone loves to zerg and nobody likes to die to anti-zerg mechanics.
Nobody wants good organised groups to outplay massive zergs.
Nobody can be asked to build up decent groups with healers, speed 'n stuff.

This is why I introduce these new RvR commands and thus a new playstyle of zergs only.
You love it, you want it. Zergs all day long, the bigger the better.

Every realm will have a permanent zerg that you can join via /zerg join (similar to a bg).
Everyone in the zerg will be thrown into a seperate chat where they can talk to each other.
Via /zerg teleport you can instantly teleport to the zerg from any point of the world. (Cooldown of 2minutes)
Via /zerg map you can see all 3 zergs of all 3 realms on the map, this is to help finding the other zerg. Nobody wants to search for "tacticool" players who actually utilize the map.
If you have joined and teleported to the zerg you won't be able to leave a radius of 2000 units. (Similar to a necromancer pet) This is to keep players together and avoid uneccessary tacticooling. We only want mindless zerg clashing here.
Furthermore everyone inside those 2000 units will get the "zerg speed" buff that is always active (+180% realm speed).
All group spells will become zerg spells and hit everyone in the zerg (heals, buffs).
There will be a passive zerg buff that is always active similar to buff pots.
RA's, spells & abilities that do AOE damage will do no damage while you are in the zerg. We do not want any anti-zerg mechanics to stop this. This is supposed to be a never ending steam train.
Reviving inside the zerg costs no power but will have a CD of 30s.

If you have ideas or feedback on how to improve ZoC please comment!
Thanks fo reading - let the zerg roll on.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 2:54 PM by kiectred
Dislike. Keep your massive multiplayer gaming off my mmorpg.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 3:01 PM by florin
can you go back to dying to oil?
Wed 24 Jul 2019 3:21 PM by cuuchulain79
Sounds good to me! As a busy person with a job, wife, and kids (yet still want to play MMOs like a nerdy teenager) this will help me find action, and avoid downtime.

Even with AoE RAs nerfed, I'd like the staff to still nerf the most effective classes & spells once a month...to ensure balance. And maybe buff the least effective classes & abilities then too. If we go full circle and need to nerf paladins, so be it.

If being level 50 & templated is proven too effective, nerf that too. Not all middle aged wanna-be MMO players can invest the tens of hours to accomplish a templated 50 anyway.

Also, I'd like to see a system where if there is RP gain imbalance between the realms, to give free RP to the others, to ensure balance.

If the dedicated staff need to take a holiday, I'd like to see software developed that searches the forum for keywords, and nerfs accordingly. Infact, please allow this automatic software to take over swinging the nerf hammer...this will allow all staff energy to be poured into new instances.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:20 PM by Sleepwell
+1 if it brings back 3000+ population :-)
Wed 24 Jul 2019 9:13 PM by Moid
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:20 PM
Funny, the first few weeks I played Phoenix it reminded me of the original release of DAoC. All the people running around starter towns, the massive spam in /lfg, etc. It was really nice to see and encouraging. I’ve seen too many games destroyed by the leetist, gold farmers, cheaters, etc. Then I was sad as soon as I began to notice the population decline.

WTB a MMORPG that has staying power.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 2:55 PM by Tigerforce
I'm sorry, but this is the worst thing I've ever heard of.
"Zerg Teleport"..... especially on a 2min reuse? Why even have a reuse? Literally 2min fly's by when zerging.
/zerg speak? Its called Battlechat. There is almost always one open on each of the realms (I know I've played all three).
Zerg heals? No one will die and it will become whoever has the most healers in the zerg wins. Instead of forcing groups working in cohesion with each other to dominate the other realm. This is why smaller zergs can out-do larger ones at times. Your asking for things to become to simplified, that will have large negative effects.

All they need to do to give ppl the zerg feeling/itch outta their system is create monthly/bi-monthly events that people can look forward to and plan for. For instance, their Molvik event. It was chaotic zerg non-stop in a relatively small map. The biggest issue within there is now fixed allowing people to climb towers and keeps, as well as siege damage.

Fact on the matter is that all mmorpg's are dying. Its just not this gens play style, and the ones of us who love these types of games are fewer and fewer as we get older (families, careers ect..) Plus, the division between us with which mmorpg's we play, these just leaves few in numbers across all the platforms.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 3:48 PM by Turano
Tigerforce wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 2:55 PM
I'm sorry, but this is the worst thing I've ever heard of.
"Zerg Teleport"..... especially on a 2min reuse? Why even have a reuse? Literally 2min fly's by when zerging.
/zerg speak? Its called Battlechat. There is almost always one open on each of the realms (I know I've played all three).
Zerg heals? No one will die and it will become whoever has the most healers in the zerg wins. Instead of forcing groups working in cohesion with each other to dominate the other realm. This is why smaller zergs can out-do larger ones at times. Your asking for things to become to simplified, that will have large negative effects.

All they need to do to give ppl the zerg feeling/itch outta their system is create monthly/bi-monthly events that people can look forward to and plan for. For instance, their Molvik event. It was chaotic zerg non-stop in a relatively small map. The biggest issue within there is now fixed allowing people to climb towers and keeps, as well as siege damage.

Fact on the matter is that all mmorpg's are dying. Its just not this gens play style, and the ones of us who love these types of games are fewer and fewer as we get older (families, careers ect..) Plus, the division between us with which mmorpg's we play, these just leaves few in numbers across all the platforms.
Mh my irony detector ringed pretty hard on the initial post but the scale stays on 0 for yours. Is it broken?
Thu 8 Aug 2019 4:04 PM by Mavella
Turano wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 3:48 PM
Mh my irony detector ringed pretty hard on the initial post but the scale stays on 0 for yours. Is it broken?

Massive woosh by many posters in this thread lmao.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 5:12 PM by Freedomcall
Sry, tldr.
Looks like you really hate zerg.
But as a solo, it doesn't matter who is zerging or 8man or even smallmen.
I've seen so many so-called '8man's searching for solos, adding to all the fights around for eazy arpees.
Isn't that just same as zerg mechanic?
Wed 21 Aug 2019 6:14 PM by stripperrella
many people over here need to understand first what mmorpg means, perhaps come back than and speak about zerg . seems like there is allways an excuse for a lost fight.
I hope you among others finally start playing this game as it is provided to you, entierly free!

what is so wrong when people do a zerg and 50 of them die to 8 man in one inc ?

... i don't get anyone who is against zerg. it's all about excuses not having to fight, or simply fear. you decide.

i will end my statement disagreeing with the most if not all of you.
what's next ? fg got killed by a solo. solos forbidden to rvr ... you give them more work than actually necessary in my opinion. just play the damn game as long as it's available and you're healthy enough to play it.

peace
Mon 26 Aug 2019 2:14 PM by Keelia
Troll +1
Wed 28 Aug 2019 7:28 PM by Isavyr
I got a good laugh--it's good satire. Unknowingly, a lot of player's suggestions are like this players, just not worded in humor.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:24 AM by gschoenhofen
Moid wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 9:13 PM
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:20 PM
Funny, the first few weeks I played Phoenix it reminded me of the original release of DAoC. All the people running around starter towns, the massive spam in /lfg, etc. It was really nice to see and encouraging. I’ve seen too many games destroyed by the leetist, gold farmers, cheaters, etc. Then I was sad as soon as I began to notice the population decline.

WTB a MMORPG that has staying power.

To have "staying power" it needs to have realm point resets or not be so easy to get high RR
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics