Re: The sorry state of Assassins on Phoenix

Mavella wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm
34 points to negate 1 2h swing that I just said did 350-400 damage.

Great investment.

Edit: and there's no risk to using those slow 2h weapons to get those big hits when you flip to shield between swings getting 40-50% combined passive defense chance. All the reward with no downside. Huzzah!
Come on at least be realistic. 400 hp will result in an average of 2 additional hits required to kill you because you get additional chances to evade, have some defensive proc etc. There is barely anyone that will hit you for 400 dmg while being debuffed, I do like 270 on favourable armor with a 6.0 weapon.

Also, it's not like you do nothing while you wait for those additional two hits to reach you. You will probably deal more dmg in these 5-6 seconds than any other passive RA would give you for 34 points.

Edit: and now it's suddenly swapping again that is the problem. Do you realize that you swap in a billion weapons during a fight with different poisons on it? I could argue that it's equally ridicolous that you can do that.
Last edited by Kemoauc on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kemy | Paladin

Mavella wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:22 pm
I fought a merc last night 25% block chance, 27% parry 5% evade chance. He didn't need to flip to shield between swings but if he did I'd have less than a 50% chance to hit him lol.
This is actually not easy math, I agree.
But you do not come to the right result, it's a total of 48% chance of either blocking, parrying or evading.
1 - (0.75*0.73*0.95) = 48%

Not that it matters really, fairly close to 50%.

Weapon-swapping should not be as easy, or at least you should get a timer after a swap where you can't swap again.
I fully agree it's idiotic to fight a tank that does it.

Yes I swing 3 times and am blocked/parried/evaded on most likely 1 or 2 of them and hit with my mainhand for ONE HUNDRED(!) damage.

I'd rather have combination of dodger and toughness for 34 points if it scaled as hard as MoBlock or MoParry. 15% more evade for 15 points sounds fair right?
When the kids try to solo

Campjr wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 pm
I can have better debates with my 8 year old. We clearly get your point that you despise stealthers and dont care to really discuss real issues.

But you are right, we have the choice to pick out 3 classes that hopefully are solo in each realm.
You sound really mature. Maybe hold your breath till they enable assassins to beat all classes?

Druth wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm
Campjr wrote:
I can have better debates with my 8 year old. We clearly get your point that you despise stealthers and dont care to really discuss real issues.

But you are right, we have the choice to pick out 3 classes that hopefully are solo in each realm.
You sound really mature. Maybe hold your breath till they enable assassins to beat all classes?
thats exactly what we asked for....
Korkskrew

Mavella wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm
Yes I swing 3 times and am blocked/parried/evaded on most likely 1 or 2 of them and hit with my mainhand for ONE HUNDRED(!) damage.

I'd rather have combination of dodger and toughness for 34 points if it scaled as hard as MoBlock or MoParry. 15% more evade for 15 points sounds fair right?
So you're saying you will do 200-250 dmg over those 6 seconds? You really claim your average dps in a fight is 40?

I don't know guys. You just don't even want to try or discuss things that might work AND ARE CURRENTLY IN THE GAME and argue for the sake of arguing. What you're asking for is to be able to kill anything that walks in this game. This is pointless and I'll head out.
Last edited by Kemoauc on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kemy | Paladin

Campjr wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:05 pm
Druth wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm
Campjr wrote:

thats exactly what we asked for....
An earlier quote from one of the assassins:

Solutions: Increase PA damage, and or make it ignore ablative charges (current Meta)
Decrease PD effectiveness on BD's and or make lifetap affected by disease or make the heals from pets even less effective when BD is diseased, dunno, some options.
Balance necros.
Increase timers on IP/Purge(make it higher across the entire chain, affects sneaks too)/ST etc, even to 15min
SM - tough, but reduce blockrate of pet based on WS or debuffs, i dunno its a weird one, im stumped there, luckily the best SM out there likes me and wont fuck me over haha.

That is a nerf of every solo class left, except assassins.
It's even a nerf to archers.

Kemoauc wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Mavella wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm

So you're saying you will do 200-250 dmg over those 6 seconds? You really claim your average dps in a fight is 40?

I don't know guys. You just don't even want to try or discuss things that might work and argue for the sake of arguing. What you're asking for is to be able to kill anything that walks in this game. This is pointless and I'll head out.
Thats because you arent addressing the real issues or being logical in your thought approach. The counter argument from visibles has been weak at best. Two points being made with no suggestions or real thought put into the rebuttal. The assassins have given you real scenarios and explained why we feel we arent where we should and have even stated where we think assassins should fall in the heirarchy. The points have been "you have stealth" and "RA spec Tanky". Neither of those define ASSASSIN. None of you have truly address your thoughts with an open mind on what the fight should look like if played to perfection by said assassin? If your stance is, Assassins should only be able to legit beat 3-4 classes in each realm, then just say that.
Korkskrew

Kemy I get your points, i wish bladeshades had access to the side haste debuff as high as mids do, its tasty.

Can give a few tests ago, it may work for zerks, maybe less so for NS due to hp gap.

Druth, your arguments have been pretty childish the last few posts but here, lets have a straight discussion.

Critique it or explain why these are awful suggestions please.

Bd nerf helps everyone, not just sins, same as necro balance, same as sm intercept. Do any of them guarantee a win. No. If a champ (or otherwise) can put out enough dps he might take the bd out, maybe. Is it so awful to challenge a BD to quickcast a root and kite a bit? Or force a necro to think slightly differently about the way they fight?

Does purge IP timer unfairly give anyone an advantage/disadvantage? No it just means you’ll have a more mixed variety of fights. Some with purge up, some down, and it goes a way to de-incentivising keep hugging and waiting on timers.

PA ignoring ablative? So bad? It bursts a bubble, cant it negate an ablative? Only change your gameplay would need to adapt to overcome it would be to ensure you try a bit harder to dodge a PA. get PA’d you still have a healthy win chance. Miss PA, I am a tasty little bit of free rps for you.

Thoughts? Be constructive
Tani - Nightshade - RR10
Mezzmerelda - Bard - RR6

Na Fianna Dragun

Tani - REAPER NEWEST VIDEO 3 OCT

Two Days with Undacover<3 NEWEST VIDEO 9 OCT

2 Versus Tani

Nightshade Solo Videos 1-4

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Video