Poor zooming on huge resolutions

Started 17 Jul 2019
by Rothom
in Ask the Team
I have upgraded my system... substantially, since last playing DAoC. 7680x1440 resolution. I can't zoom out enough to enjoy the game, and really don't want to dumb down my screens.

Anybody have a work around? Is this something the mods could tinker with?

Screen shot attached below.

Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:09 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Image is broken.

Regardless, I agree, the zoom distance they force us into is much too low.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:30 AM by Sepplord
remember though that camera position is what influences stuff like name-distance etc...

Being able to zoom out further has not much of a benefit if you suddenly start seeing stuff later
Wed 17 Jul 2019 12:52 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:30 AM
remember though that camera position is what influences stuff like name-distance etc...

Being able to zoom out further has not much of a benefit if you suddenly start seeing stuff later

Names may be rendered at different ranges, but terrain and people are always rendered at the same distance. Sometimes my camera will bug out when disembarking a boat, leaving me panned all the way out, I can see groups coming from a mile away at that distance; I can't play for shit because I can't figure out my range, so I always fix it, but it proves to me that rendering distance does not change.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:16 PM by PingGuy
I don't think they can modify the client files, and aspect ratios like the one you are using were never even heard of when this client was last touched. I don't think there is any other way around it, you're going to have to reduce your resolution to make it playable. A lot of modern games don't even know how to handle that aspect ratio very well and would leave you with black bars on the sides or something similar. Anything above 1080p is going to be difficult to work with in this game.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics