Re: Twf

Ppl need to stop asking for freaking nerfs. Nerfs ruin a game over time, and tone it down to such a level where its unbearable, and they only start buffing again.

People need to know it is impossible to fully balance a game. There will always be situations where one thing is superior over another. This is why ppl make vids to have bragging rights. Play a difficult class or a underdog toon and take out the meta's.

"Get GOOD"!

Tigerforce wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 am
Ppl need to stop asking for freaking nerfs. Nerfs ruin a game over time, and tone it down to such a level where its unbearable, and they only start buffing again.

People need to know it is impossible to fully balance a game. There will always be situations where one thing is superior over another. This is why ppl make vids to have bragging rights. Play a difficult class or a underdog toon and take out the meta's.

"Get GOOD"!
I don’t see powerful ra’s being toned down as a nerf. They shouldn’t define a class
Last edited by gotwqqd on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Druth wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 pm
So the solution as defender is to leave tower? Kinda defeats the purpose of a defence?

Healers drop to the ground and heal the people in the tower, or all drop and then come back inside on the bottom floor.

Strategy involves more than just nearest enemy and sticking people.
.................................................................Grymnerune
...........Grymnecab ................................Grymnestorm
..........Grymnesorc[/url]..............................Grymne.................................Ozyn
<Spanx Mafia>.......<Sparkle Motion>.......<F o C>

my warden has 20 regrow and if i sit at bottom of a tower and spam my base group heal i will keep a group alive through a twf.

Assuming they are all temped and 50.

Particularly if they get their asses out of there and drink a heal pot.

Yeah you been rolling people with 8 to 1 or 75 to 40 and you run into a tower with no caution and you get killed.

Try not doing that.
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. ”
~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sepplord wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 am
this server also has no destroyable towers which would make camped-in groups really strong without having RAs that serve as area-denial
This is the only viable argument I've seen.

The "get good" is horrible, because why doesn't it apply to the one dropping a TWF and then cashing in rps, even if dead?!? And why doesn't "get good" mean TWF only affecting one level, so actually have to plan where to put it?
That's the problem with "get good" arguments, it always seem to be aimed at everyone but the one having a broken ability.

And then someone compares a single target ability, to this :roll:

TWF has the delve that matches a setting with +25% heal, +10% casting time, +300 (or more) hp's, essence res buff, and Egg of Youth, plus many more I forgot.
So obviously it's broken.
Last edited by Druth on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Druth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:00 am
Sepplord wrote:
this server also has no destroyable towers which would make camped-in groups really strong without having RAs that serve as area-denial

The "get good" is horrible, because why doesn't it apply to the one dropping a TWF and then cashing in rps, even if dead?!? And why doesn't "get good" mean TWF only affecting one level, so actually have to plan where to put it?
That's the problem with "get good" arguments, it always seem to be aimed at everyone but the one having a broken ability.

TWF has the delve that matches a setting with +25% heal, +25% casting time, +500 (or more) hp's, essence res buff, and Egg of Youth, plus many more I forgot.
25 % heal and ress buff yes, rest hm no :)
It's 10 % cast time and no more HP pool since that's Catacomb Championlevel.
TWF is very strong here and might need a nerf like all the other actives, but it's still better than ending up with tower camping bomb grps or endless zerg fights :)
Right now if you prepare your inc one zerg can wipe the other zerg quickly, without TWF you will lose that momentum and end up in endless stand offs.
Last edited by Ceen on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceen wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 am
Druth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:00 am
Sepplord wrote:

TWF has the delve that matches a setting with +25% heal, +25% casting time, +500 (or more) hp's, essence res buff, and Egg of Youth, plus many more I forgot.
25 % heal and ress buff yes, rest hm no :)
It's 10 % cast time and no more HP pool since that's Catacomb Championlevel.
TWF is very strong here and might need a nerf like all the other actives, but it's still better than ending up with tower camping bomb grps =)
The casting speed is way off, unless you calculate in higher dex. My mistake :)
But the RA is copied from Live, meaning all bonuses from all expansions apply.

Druth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am
TWF values never got adjusted, they are the way they are since TOA, no catacombs ++.

Ceen wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 am
Druth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am
TWF values never got adjusted, they are the way they are since TOA, no catacombs ++.
Oh well, but with +hp cap, + con cap and +25% buff bonus you land at 3-400 bonus hp anyway.
A warrior would be able to stand in a twf and not need any heals.