Re: Gamemasters.

We just have different interpretations then. Ultimately it does not affect me anymore, since i have one account and can play it from my pc or my laptop.

1.1 Multiple Phoenix accounts are not permitted.

There may only be one account per person. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. This includes creating an additional Phoenix account when banned or suspended.

Were there multiple accounts in my household? Yes, mine, and my sons. My son played it for a day and reached level 5. I'm not worried about it, but the narcissist in me :-) wants clarity. I want the population to at least sustain and hopefully grow. Are there two accounts that could have potentially be flagged as multiple accounts on my laptop? Yes, thats where my sons account was created (mac address bound), and i have since crafted while netflixing on the laptop. Maybe i am misinterpreting the rules as they are written.

The aknowledgement from Uthred recently is the only thing that should cause concern. Their understanding that one account means one pc. So my interpretation is this if i try to follow their rules :

1. One account per person
2. One person = one computer

I hope its really that simple. If so, then yes, there is no room for error.

Yes, its on page 2, post #17 of this very thread. Abreviated quote from Uthred.

I don't think its that big a deal. it's been discussed enough at this point that if you're banned due to something of the sort , then you either claim ignorance (which probably wont fly), or you just dont care :-). From the looks of the ban page (run the rough numbers.. its @ 2000 accounts), people just dont care.
Uthred wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 am

To sum things up:
Our rule says one account per person, our general assumption is that one computer means one person.

Sleepwell wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 am
Yes, its on page 2, post #17 of this very thread. Abreviated quote from Uthred.

I don't think its that big a deal. it's been discussed enough at this point that if you're banned due to something of the sort , then you either claim ignorance (which probably wont fly), or you just dont care :-). From the looks of the ban page (run the rough numbers.. its @ 2000 accounts), people just dont care.
Uthred wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 am

To sum things up:
Our rule says one account per person, our general assumption is that one computer means one person.
The excerpt that you quote is out of context of the whole comment though. I do not interprete it as if they would just ban a household for making multiple accounts from one PC. In that comment he lists a load of snippets/evidences to paint a bigger picture of the situation that lead to the bans.

While it is just a part of the quote. I don't feel like it is out of context. There is nothing else in his complete quote that contradicts the statement i quoted.

Bottom line. It isnt going to affect me. I am merely pointing it out so that hopefully in the future if these bans become commonplace, people will have this discussion and this thread to go back on and say.. damn... it was there all along. At that point, ignorance should not be allowed as an excuse.... laziness possibly... but not ignorance.

Second bottom line. From the looks of things, giving people the information they need to avoid a ban doesnt seem to work anyway. Rules are documented and still ignored. As my previous post says... @2000 accounts banned = low population. Bans are not the only reason, but damn thats a lot of accounts.

1. No one is "crying" , or at least i dont think they are?

2. I appreciate Sepps opinion and perspective. While we may not agree, i feel like i can have decent debate with him.

3. We got your attention :-). Even if you think we're crying.

4. Maybe if you hit the ban list one day for the reason we are discussing, we can either call you lazy or ignorant.

5. Posting at work is awesome. It's nice to bust ass and complete projects so i have time for myself, my hobbies, etc. :-)

This is all entertainment. Even the rants and raves are entertaining.