Is hib baseline stun a death sentence without determination or purge 2+?

Started 13 Jul 2019
by gotwqqd
in RvR
Even with yellow heat resists the stun allows four nukes.
As a usual solo roamer it seems like little can be done.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:46 AM by Sindralor
get a dd charge and hit him half a sec before the stun goes off
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:00 AM by Ceen
Sindralor wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:46 AM
get a dd charge and hit him half a sec before the stun goes off
+1
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:17 AM by Loki
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:12 PM

stop asking for so many things to be changed when it's obvious you are new to the game
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:14 AM by Anelyn77
DD charge helps, but it won't guarantee you won't die in the end. Chanter can kill a melee without ever landing a stun or nuking you himself, mentalist can reset the stun with ST, eld will either disease you and then snare nuke kite you into oblivion, or 3 shot you with double botls and 1 quick cast if needed.

/Neptunia + Aicha + Bnot
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:25 AM by Lollie
It's been a long time since I've read a nerf baseline stun post.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:02 PM by gotwqqd
Lollie wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:25 AM

I’m not asking for it to be changed
More looking for counters
And quichcast makes insta dd pointless
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:13 PM by keen
Rank up, get purge 5. Then they will be the ones opening posts.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 5:00 PM by Lollie
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:02 PM
Lollie wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:25 AM

I’m not asking for it to be changed
More looking for counters
And quichcast makes insta dd pointless

What class do you play?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:10 PM by Anelyn77
keen wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:13 PM
Rank up, get purge 5. Then they will be the ones opening posts.

Purge 5 won't help vs a menta who knows what they are doing. Just sayin' (if we're talking about 1v1 ofc).

/[EK]Aicha
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:35 PM by florin
Luckily we don’t have many of those
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:52 PM by Duggar
Loki wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:17 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

stop asking for so many things to be changed when it's obvious you are new to the game

He never suggested that anything be changed.
Just thought i'd give you a heads up since you didn't see that in your first read of the comment.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:05 AM by Loki
Duggar wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:52 PM
Loki wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:17 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

He never suggested that anything be changed.
Just thought i'd give you a heads up since you didn't see that in your first read of the comment.
I read it and other posts from him ...you should do the same. He has the typical attitude of a new comer who cannot adapt and wants things changed.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:42 AM by Taniquetil
Rich from a man who's every post is either angry or holier than thou in its attitude.

Dandere's advice is good on this, it wont stop the stun but it will interrupt them from getting 4 casts off on you whilst stunned, obviously purge and det also help. It's challenging, but you'll get used to some of the workarounds/counters.

As others mentioned, easier to know how to advise if we know what class you play.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:52 AM by Loki
Taniquetil wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:42 AM
Rich from a man who's every post is either angry or holier than thou in its attitude.

Dandere's advice is good on this, it wont stop the stun but it will interrupt them from getting 4 casts off on you whilst stunned, obviously purge and det also help. It's challenging, but you'll get used to some of the workarounds/counters.

As others mentioned, easier to know how to advise if we know what class you play.
your sick obsession with stalking me around the forums is getting pathetic :joy: yes, I talk trash to trash talkers or you forgot you called me a virgin in the video channel in Discord (very mature attempt btw) . Here, lemme ignore you . You're a humongous waste of time
Mon 15 Jul 2019 9:02 AM by Taniquetil
Just calling you out on your continuous crap. Don't cry over it too much. *despite the blocking you can guarantee he'll still read it
Tue 16 Jul 2019 7:23 AM by Kemoauc
There are a few things that are a death sentence for a solo roamer - I don't think the stun is too much of an issue.

Casters generally are very strong 1vs1 if you can't close the gap. PermaSprint, Disease, pets, cc, dmg over time are all very strong and usually deadly.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 11:53 PM by kiectred
Loki wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:52 AM
Taniquetil wrote:

your sick obsession with stalking me around the forums is getting pathetic :joy: yes, I talk trash to trash talkers or you forgot you called me a virgin in the video channel in Discord (very mature attempt btw) . Here, lemme ignore you . You're a humongous waste of time

I have no bets on this whole fight but I was just on the videos forum and you got called out HARDCORE and I cannot wait for a response. Some of the trash talk and things you claimed to be true were proven false on video.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:19 AM by Raunz
gotwqqd wrote:

You are new to the game, there are ways vs everything.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:22 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:19 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

You are new to the game, there are ways vs everything.

The way vs unwanted-adds seems to be crying about honor on the forum
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:30 AM by Druth
kiectred wrote:
Thu 18 Jul 2019 11:53 PM
Loki wrote:
Taniquetil wrote:

I have no bets on this whole fight but I was just on the videos forum and you got called out HARDCORE and I cannot wait for a response. Some of the trash talk and things you claimed to be true were proven false on video.

He ripped of his old guild of it's plats before leaving, Loki is a really bad apple that tries his best to make as many as possible dislike him.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:31 AM by Taniquetil
Druth wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:30 AM
kiectred wrote:
Loki wrote:

*REAL AWKWARD THAT WAS ACTUALLY YOU LOKI*

He ripped of his old guild of it's plats before leaving, Loki is a really bad apple that tries his best to make as many as possible dislike him.

Hahaha <3 Added a bit of screenshot proof above to carry on the fun/madness.

But yes, I'm so glad most people recognise this now. Yes he's a very angry troll, and I intend to call him out non stop until he falls back in line, or just becomes a bit nicer.

He's losing 1 to 8 now in straight up duels against me since he ran his mouth, credit to him for keeping on coming back, I guess the troll rage wont let him stop. The 1 loss i finger slipped and purged just before he stunned so it was totally my fail but hey ho.

Define straight up: both with RA's up, with no adds. paraprhasing Loki, "beating an opponent without purge requires no skill", so we discount any of those fights, or added fights. I see that as a good duel. I dont mind if he continually uses lore pots.

If you ever need to shut him down I'll have a video of the 8-1 up soon, will be much easier than engaging in a debate with his nonsense rants, might just not add the 1 loss. I would state as well that I genuinely have never done this to anyone before, nor do I really like it, but this guy is such a negative, condescending angry piece of work that he needs a dose of his own medicine and a reality check. The beatings will stop once he concedes or agrees to be somewhat nicer in his conduct.

10:36 is where the current 3-0 fun starts. https://youtu.be/6uekQdzynBA?t=636

5 more inc. But good to see he's now quieter on the forums (kind of a win I guess).

kiectred wrote:
you got called out HARDCORE and I cannot wait for a response

The community deserve an answer Loki
Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:59 AM by Roto23
I ripped a huge fart on this entire thread
Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:55 PM by Lillebror
I see SL POTs used a lot, they cost a ton in alb, even for a singel pop.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:07 PM by Pirhana7
I played an Eld for many many years. Early on I could easily see that a 9 sec stun that could be casted in 1.5 sec was a bad mistake to give to classes that did a ton of ranged damage. I actually refused to use it because I felt like I was cheating. I only used my light mez when needed. You should ask your self, Does a high DPS ranged class really need a free 9 second window to kill their target when they can already kill most targets in 3 - 6 seconds..... I mean really what was the Devs thinking??? I understand that they wanted the casters from 3 realms to be different but instead of stun they should have just gotten a root like most other casters.
Sat 27 Jul 2019 10:47 AM by Estat
Pirhana7 wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:07 PM
I played an Eld for many many years. Early on I could easily see that a 9 sec stun that could be casted in 1.5 sec was a bad mistake to give to classes that did a ton of ranged damage. I actually refused to use it because I felt like I was cheating. I only used my light mez when needed. You should ask your self, Does a high DPS ranged class really need a free 9 second window to kill their target when they can already kill most targets in 3 - 6 seconds..... I mean really what was the Devs thinking??? I understand that they wanted the casters from 3 realms to be different but instead of stun they should have just gotten a root like most other casters.

Its actually a 6,66 second stun against templated toons, 6,21 seconds against saracen or inconnu. Against mids grouped with a shaman or albs grouped with a friar its 5,22 seconds at most (yellow resist), against tanks with stoicism and det9 its basically just free stun immunity.
Sat 27 Jul 2019 8:23 PM by Lillebror
And they still cast it.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:52 PM by vxr
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:55 PM
I see SL POTs used a lot, they cost a ton in alb, even for a singel pop.

How much they going for in alb? The rate I am willing to pay on mid is 20g/claw.... I try to buy in bulk. The problem with that is when I have too many I use them too liberally. Lately been spending more on claws than on pots. =/
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:57 PM by Lillebror
I seen 150-500 for 10, i will check again when i log on for tonight
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:59 PM by vxr
Lillebror wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:57 PM
I seen 150-500 for 10, i will check again when i log on for tonight

Is that on the market??? 150 is a steal for 10. I never buy them from the market because people put them for abused prices.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 5:43 PM by Lillebror
cheapest i found on Merchant now was 270g for 10claws
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics