Re: Any shift in attitude by staff or they still catering to plebs?

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Druth wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 am
So just make an alb/mid 8man group, and you'll get perma action, but might be a mouthful to compete with.

He doesn't want action, he wants PUGs concentrated in a particular area so he can farm them.
PUGs may be too much of a challenge, he’s probably looking for an endless stream of semi-AFK low RR solo’ers to farm instead.

LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:31 pm
8 man's have been catered to a lot. So yes, catering to the plebs. :lol:
Too much catering led to the dumpster fire that is Live.
Edit: I can't call Live a dumpster fire because even a dumpster fire is somewhat interesting.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 pm
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:31 pm
8 man's have been catered to a lot. So yes, catering to the plebs. :lol:
Too much catering led to the dumpster fire that is Live.
Edit: I can't call Live a dumpster fire because even a dumpster fire is somewhat interesting.
You really shouldn’t insult dumpster fires by comparing them to live though, that’s rude.

The issue is the way you express yourself.
You expect to be heard when you start to insult someone (may you be right or not) ?

Ever heard about putting yourself in someone else's shoes? The DEVs are coding a lot to improve (yes you may think it is not improvements but do you really think they go with the thought "Oh let's make something shitty today to try to turn the server into a wasteland" ??? Of course not !), their goal is to make things better and retain population as well as providing a fun experience to the majority.

Sure, there are some decisions I dislike too and sometimes you got to breath a little instead of posting or well, try to figure out what was their intentions ?

But go on calling the vast majority of players, plebs... I'm sure it works well as a strategy to get what you want.

I personally appreciate the original posters honesty. The vast majority of people posting on this forum are liars who’d never dare reveal their true motives.

Ironically the original poster is also the type of player which will help insure the continued population decline on Phoenix. I still don’t understand the mindset in spite of being exposed to it since 2001 when DAoC originally released. The game design provides for infinite opportunity for 8v8 or and manner of XvX. The more people playing, the higher the frequency the chance XvX’ers would have to engage other XvX’ers. But the XvX’ers come crying to the forums with requests which drive away the non-XvX’ers and I do believe that’s intentional as I don’t think the XvX crowd is just so stupid that they don’t understand what they are doing.