RIP OF was fun.

Started 27 Jun 2019
by Rhox
in RvR
34 days played, 5 level 50s, 2.1 million RPS all solo...… RIP

Over the last few days I have done my best to give NF a shot. But today was it......3 hours and no solo fights and only 3 kills total with getting ran over by groups of small mans no matter what dock, port, keep, even the "solo area." I just cant do it. I am done.

I hope everyone has enjoyed me sitting anytime my realm mates add and they get a free kill, I have really enjoyed the all the respect I have been show once people learned my style.

I would also like to add that this server and its staff are amazing. I also know that the change they made is for the good of the server and the masses so I get it. I hope to find a guild I can run with some and I will continue to play the game but as adult with a family contestant playtime at the same hours is a little hard.

I am not sure what I will do to try to continue playing but the solo life for me is done.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:15 AM by Saroi
I feel you. The NF test week was already the least fun I had and the last 2 days were worse than that. I made a level 1 scout and roamed around in Emain.

Funny how there was a 110 man ALb BG behind me and a SB actually attacked and killed me to then get zerged down from the Albs. Totally worth it.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:20 AM by Expfighter
Rhox wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:59 AM

Over the last few days I have done my best to give NF a shot. But today was it......3 hours and no solo fights and only 3 kills total with getting ran over by groups of small mans no matter what dock, port, keep, even the "solo area." I just cant do it. I am done.

I hope everyone has enjoyed me sitting anytime my realm mates add and they get a free kill, I have really enjoyed the all the respect I have been show once people learned my style.

I would also like to add that this server and its staff are amazing. I also know that the change they made is for the good of the server and the masses so I get it. I hope to find a guild I can run with some and I will continue to play the game but as adult with a family contestant playtime at the same hours is a little hard.

I am not sure what I will do to try to continue playing but the solo life for me is done.

I haven't logged on in 2 days, and won't, 14(not sure how many rps, but rr6, 3 rr5's, 5 rr4's, etc...) lvl 50's rotting on phoenix, oh well!

I even considered resubbing on live, at least there I know what garbage I am getting into
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:26 AM by Sindralor
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:20 AM
I haven't logged on in 2 days, and won't, 14(not sure how many rps, but rr6, 3 rr5's, 5 rr4's, etc...) lvl 50's rotting on phoenix, oh well!

I even considered resubbing on live, at least there I know what garbage I am getting into

You are only leaving cause theres no more lvl 40s to kill in Uppland, lol
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:31 AM by Expfighter
Sindralor wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:26 AM
Expfighter wrote:

funny you would mention that, I have been playing mid mostly for the last 3 weeks, soo Moot point you have
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:36 AM by Druth
I looked through a sample of your post history, and congrats on finding another subject to be confrontational about.
I failed to find a single post where you're either not complaining, or arguing with someone. Not even gonna try to list the subjects you've turned into server-ending issues.
So why would NF be any different?

Not gonna say "don't slam the door", but instead I think it's good for your general health to give the game a rest.
No game should make you that angry, as this has made you from Beta to now.

Edit: Post was directed at someone else, making it... moot.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:06 AM by Rhox
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:36 AM
I looked through a sample of your post history, and congrats on finding another subject to be confrontational about.
I failed to find a single post where you're either not complaining, or arguing with someone. Not even gonna try to list the subjects you've turned into server-ending issues.

Not gonna say "don't slam the door", but instead I think it's good for your general health to give the game a rest.

A few things:
1. This might be the first thread I argue with anyone on and that would only be because of your post.
2. Second most post you most likely categorize as complaining are just making light of situations that I find funny. Stealth zergs, FG chasing down soloers, adders etc.... its just things that didn't used to be a major part of the game circa 2003 but is now and its funny to me so I post about them and it makes me smile.
3. There is really nothing the staff or the community could do to be server-ending to me. They got this shit right and they have done a amazing job!
4. I played this game for about 8million RP's worth pre TOA and it was amazing. I spent the next 16 years playing every MMO that came out looking for the gaming high DAOC gave me and never really found it, uthgard was close but nothing like this. So this game has done nothing but make me extremely happy gaming wise.
5. I made this post because I have made lots of friends in the solo game. I have many groups both alb and hib that run right by me because they know I don't add to there 8vs8 etc. I have a ton of stealthers who wont add to me if I am engaged in a fight. I have seen many people from other realms kill other people who add on my fight and then let me med to reset and engage me. It took along time of posting, respecting other peoples fights and a lot of deaths to build those relationships and I enjoyed every second. I just wanted to tell people I was moving on to a different style of game play so when people see me in a group either small man or zerg for the first time they would understand.
6. Lastly I am not a fan of NF for my play style and I have been vocal in game and on here at times about it. I have not tried to tell other people they are wrong for liking NF just the struggles of a solo visible in NF. I have also stated that I don't care what happens as long as the server stays healthy I will be game for whatever they decide. Many people took the stance of if OF loses I am gone. I am not thrilled but I did not take that hardline.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:52 AM by Cassini
Congratulations on killing the server. This is the beginning of the end, you just lost a huge chunk of players by this decision.

I know for a fact that me and my friends and guildies will all stop playing. NF is just not classic DAoC.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:00 AM by gotwqqd
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:31 AM
Sindralor wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

funny you would mention that, I have been playing mid mostly for the last 3 weeks, soo MUTE point you have
It’s moot
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:03 AM by Druth
Rhox wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:06 AM
Druth wrote:

A few things:
1. This might be the first thread I argue with anyone on and that would only be because of your post.
2. Second most post you most likely categorize as complaining are just making light of situations that I find funny. Stealth zergs, FG chasing down soloers, adders etc.... its just things that didn't used to be a major part of the game circa 2003 but is now and its funny to me so I post about them and it makes me smile.
3. There is really nothing the staff or the community could do to be server-ending to me. They got this shit right and they have done a amazing job!
4. I played this game for about 8million RP's worth pre TOA and it was amazing. I spent the next 16 years playing every MMO that came out looking for the gaming high DAOC gave me and never really found it, uthgard was close but nothing like this. So this game has done nothing but make me extremely happy gaming wise.
5. I made this post because I have made lots of friends in the solo game. I have many groups both alb and hib that run right by me because they know I don't add to there 8vs8 etc. I have a ton of stealthers who wont add to me if I am engaged in a fight. I have seen many people from other realms kill other people who add on my fight and then let me med to reset and engage me. It took along time of posting, respecting other peoples fights and a lot of deaths to build those relationships and I enjoyed every second. I just wanted to tell people I was moving on to a different style of game play so when people see me in a group either small man or zerg for the first time they would understand.
6. Lastly I am not a fan of NF for my play style and I have been vocal in game and on here at times about it. I have not tried to tell other people they are wrong for liking NF just the struggles of a solo visible in NF. I have also stated that I don't care what happens as long as the server stays healthy I will be game for whatever they decide. Many people took the stance of if OF loses I am gone. I am not thrilled but I did not take that hardline.

My post was actually not aimed at you, which is my mistake because I thought, no clue why, someone else in this thread made the post.
I did not look through your post history, so my most sincere apologies for my post.

To "answer" your reply...:

1) Understandably, since I F'd up.
2) This is not OF or NF, this is DaoC 2019. People are very different. My biggest DaoC social experiment would be to make the "perfect" 8v8/1v1/2v2 event zone, and have it be "zero rp", and see how many would actually go there. People are rp crazed.
We are playing in a game that is all about the "Middle", frothing around the mouth trying to reach the "End" which we are never meant to reach.
3) You seem like a nice guy/person, so again sorry for my mistake...
4) Same, well above 10 mio., but the only game I keep coming back to.
5) Again, my post was not aimed at you, so no reason to explain yourself
6) Again sorry...
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:49 AM by Kampfar
Can I have your stuff?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:15 AM by inoeth
you guys doing something wrong, i find solo fights more easy than of ... also in another thread someone said it was possible to do 15k/h in of which would not be possible in nf anymore, thats total bs.

YOU GUYS DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

maybe you should open /rw and look where the action is and where people come from. its not camping mmg anymore.
and for those who do not want to adapt---> can i have your stuff?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:23 AM by Rhox
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:03 AM
Rhox wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:06 AM
Druth wrote:

A few things:

My post was actually not aimed at you, which is my mistake because I thought, no clue why, someone else in this thread made the post.
I did not look through your post history, so my most sincere apologies for my post.

To "answer" your reply...:

1) Understandably, since I F'd up.
2) This is not OF or NF, this is DaoC 2019. People are very different. My biggest DaoC social experiment would be to make the "perfect" 8v8/1v1/2v2 event zone, and have it be "zero rp", and see how many would actually go there. People are rp crazed.
We are playing in a game that is all about the "Middle", frothing around the mouth trying to reach the "End" which we are never meant to reach.
3) You seem like a nice guy/person, so again sorry for my mistake...
4) Same, well above 10 mio., but the only game I keep coming back to.
5) Again, my post was not aimed at you, so no reason to explain yourself
6) Again sorry...

Lol my bad. I now feel like a dick for getting so defensive. Also thanks for the apology. I will sleep better knowing I have not offended the DAOC player base and two someone can say sorry on the internet.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:34 AM by Expfighter
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:00 AM
Expfighter wrote:
Sindralor wrote:

funny you would mention that, I have been playing mid mostly for the last 3 weeks, soo MUTE point you have
It’s moot

you are correct it is!
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:14 PM by Word
I really cannot believe they have gone to NF. I can play live and get the same action and have all my toys. So fucking stupid.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:15 PM by Tarticus74
Can I have your stuff
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:21 PM by Turano
Tarticus74 wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:15 PM
Can I have your stuff
One day all you guys will regret being so funny about the player base running away. I've seen the same happen to Uthgard, I don't think they are still laughing over there
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:00 PM by PingGuy
Rhox wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:59 AM

Good post. I hope as things move forward that you are able to find other ways to have fun on the server, or find more solo action. There could always be more changes in the future that help with that.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:30 PM by Fugax
In my duo last night I played for 2 hours, and ended up getting 30k+ rps. 36 kills for rps, and 20 odd something deathblows with only 3 deaths. My advice for those not finding "solo" or duo" you simply are not looking for the opportunities or you are in a high populated zone. NF isn't OF where you bum rush a mile gate and hope to leech off another play, or expect a zerg vs zerg fight within 30 seconds. NF makes you work for it, and in my experience has been a breath of fresh air as I am able to get past a mile gate!
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:30 PM by elninost0rm
Cassini wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:52 AM
Congratulations on killing the server. This is the beginning of the end, you just lost a huge chunk of players by this decision.

I know for a fact that me and my friends and guildies will all stop playing. NF is just not classic DAoC.

Oh no! Not you and all your friends and guildies!

Anecdotes are fun. I could say the exact opposite of everyone I know. We all came back BECAUSE of NF.

See ya.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:34 PM by elninost0rm
Fugax wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:30 PM
In my duo last night I played for 2 hours, and ended up getting 30k+ rps. 36 kills for rps, and 20 odd something deathblows with only 3 deaths. My advice for those not finding "solo" or duo" you simply are not looking for the opportunities or you are in a high populated zone. NF isn't OF where you bum rush a mile gate and hope to leech off another play, or expect a zerg vs zerg fight within 30 seconds. NF makes you work for it, and in my experience has been a breath of fresh air as I am able to get past a mile gate!

This is absurdly accurate, and anyone that disagrees just simply isn't doing it right.

You all want your low-effort, lazy milegate rushing, and that's fine, but it's clear that (general) you are in the minority.

However, some of us want engaging, dynamic, and challenging RvR. Roam around once in a while. Consult the /rw for hotspots. Port to the nearest supply line and help your realm with a keep take. Roam the port spots in a smallman and pick people off. Lurk the bridges as a solo. I never saw a shortage of terrible players hanging all over them yesterday.

Just work a little bit at it. Put down your romance novel you usually read while slamming the baseline group heal button and make the effort.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:35 PM by Laec
Fugax wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:30 PM

This guy gets it, read slowly and process the words....
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:38 PM by Anelyn77
Fugax is spot on.

I've run whole day today ~8h (with breaks, travel / boats etc) duo, small men and 8m, and we had great fights all over the place (we've been in emain, hw and odins, avoiding zergs / BGs) we had tons of action, I went from 5L8 to RR6 on my mentalist Aicha (thanks to speedball who went hero mode to stay awake for so long 24h+ wow get some sleep buddy haha! and everyone else who joined our small / 8m as we rolled through the day).

We had 8v8, we visited docks, we roamed EV / maze, picked straggler running to join / rejoin their bg, died to fg+ from other factions several times (tho we did some crazy escapes too, so was all good fun), we had small vs small with both mids and albs (the most fun was a standoff 4 v 5 albs, where we NS eachother groups so nobody could do a thing lol, we were like at border pass just starring at eachother hahaha, good fun mates).

Anyway, you can find action, just keep moving and pay attention to what happens on realm map, what ports are broken, what is attacked, join your realm BG with 1 person (to not inflate the numbers without being there, just to get the info / keep in touch on enemy zerg etc). It's tons of fun, and it will get better and better!

/Bnotashamed 4L7 paci healer + Aicha Elf Mentalist Silver Hand RR6
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:33 PM by alusnova415
The difference to those not wanting to adapt and saying they going back to Live (it's your choice) is $180 per year so yeah I'll play NF for free.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:39 AM by elninost0rm
alusnova415 wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:33 PM
The difference to those not wanting to adapt and saying they going back to Live (it's your choice) is $180 per year so yeah I'll play NF for free.

Not to mention it's a totally false equivalency. There is so much about Live that is completely undesirable that has nothing to do with NF or OF.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 2:00 AM by Leandrys
Been switching between solo with my full bow ranger and zergy with my cannon glass Eld, honnestly it's been great, solo i've been able to destroy very easily the 20K rp/hour, been roaming all over Emain/breifine, took a boat for Midgard and found people in the middle of nowhere to kill, went back for Hib, great experience, 1 death, almost 30 kills and more assists in 1,5 hour approx. On the other hand, i realize some people will not be able to adapt, but so many couldn't bear OF and left the server before that...

It's so much easier to decide of which fight you will engage or not, where you want to go and fight, where you want to camp or roam, idk...

Honnestly, at this point, i'd even wish for a server reboot, the first 6 months have been a mess with Old Crap and the evolution of RvR tasks which gave a lot of players too many RPs for what they were really doing (Stunbot anyone ? While he's an iconic example of why current ranks can be undeserved, he's not alone in this case, by far), seriously, i'd pay the server myself and web's add campaign to reset everything and see 3K+ players in this new FZ, will not happen ofc, but...

Back to catching up RR !
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:49 AM by Razur Ur
If i want to play NF than i reactivate my live account ;-/, OF was only reason for me to begin on this Server .
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:08 PM by Druth
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:49 AM
If i want to play NF than i reactivate my live account ;-/, OF was only reason for me to begin on this Server .

Then help make Uthgard great again

Should elaborate, they have OF, and since that is your only criteria it should be great for you.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:09 PM by Roto23
Stuff...Can I have it?
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:14 PM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Sindralor wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

funny you would mention that, I have been playing mid mostly for the last 3 weeks, soo Moot point you have

Omg you are the ExpScout and ExpInfi? Rly? Best low level farmer i have seen. You Kill my level 40 Champion 20 Times in 10 minutes with your Scout.
Was this cool for you? And not wondering this was for few weeks and i can me well remember on this noob Name because you was only one he killing
me ever and ever and ever. Best griefplayer i have saw in Daoc. Best action from you was to kill everytime the mushrooms from level Groups, that they
have wipe throught mobs!!!
Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:05 PM by IamKaia
come back to uthgard or no balls
preferably to hibernia so i got dudes and dudettes to group with
Mon 1 Jul 2019 7:21 AM by Razur Ur
Druth wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:08 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Then help make Uthgard great again

Should elaborate, they have OF, and since that is your only criteria it should be great for you.

Sure i dont wasted my time again for leveling Chars + Platin farming for templated ;-). Only that i can play a few hours for RVR. Have i knowed that coming NF on this classic Server i had not start again with DAOC. Phönix was the first and the last freeshard server for me :-/.

And sorry for my bad english :-/.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 2:52 PM by jandersen88
To any1 who wants OF so badly, go Uthgard.. it aint that hard...

Comparing Phoenix with live is like comparing apples and bananas... Yeh NF both places, but thats where it ends.. Lives become shit for multiple reasons..
The current devs on Live cant control the game and messes stuff up all the time..
There are waaaaaaaaay too many toys and OP items and shit.. Here we dont have stupid OP midwinter nec that will make u oneshot, no artis u gotta worry bout, no super OP proc items.. Phoenix is so much closer to classic than live is, eventho they both run NF.. if u cant see this, im sure the rest of us wont miss u once ur gone xD!

There was a vote... 60% wanted NF... Im sure if u make a new vote now ull see even more want NF.. as the majority of people have actually realized that NF is ten times as engaging as OF and its Milegate bottlenecks.. Also the devs actually have options to improve NF... they dont in OF... Of is a horrible design with no thought put into it.. but if u wanna be a mong that camps 1 gate.. then i can see why u miss OF.. Cause NF gives u oppurtunituies.. it forces u to think! not like OF... So quit ur crying and play or just go to Live/Uthgard.. we wont miss u crybabies
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:08 PM by lurker
jandersen88 wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 2:52 PM

So quit ur crying and play or just go to Live/Uthgard.. we wont miss u crybabies

The biggest problem with DAoC has never been OF,NF,ToA,WoW or whatever... it's the community. This post is a great example of that.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:04 PM by Kwall0311
Im failing to see how OF was better for solo gameplay, I really am. As a big solo player, i actually find it easier to find fights. Just my thoughts.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:11 PM by elninost0rm
lurker wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:08 PM
jandersen88 wrote:

So quit ur crying and play or just go to Live/Uthgard.. we wont miss u crybabies

The biggest problem with DAoC has never been OF,NF,ToA,WoW or whatever... it's the community. This post is a great example of that.

Blaming the community is definitely "in" right now on Live. Anyone actually left usually parrots that one as being the reason the game died, when in reality, failed patch after failed patch made the game unplayable in its current state.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:26 PM by easytoremember
elninost0rm wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:11 PM
lurker wrote:
jandersen88 wrote:

Blaming the community is definitely "in" right now on Live. Anyone actually left usually parrots that one as being the reason the game died, when in reality, failed patch after failed patch made the game unplayable in its current state.
and what was the driving force behind those patches?
le community
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:59 PM by elninost0rm
easytoremember wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:26 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:11 PM
lurker wrote:

and what was the driving force behind those patches?
le community

If only that were actually true. Mismanagement does not usually spring out of the ground because a bunch of vocal idiots are whining for bad changes.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:56 PM by Razur Ur
I played Daoc since 2002 and i find this NF ist not a part of Classic for me! Only the Guys who startet later Daoc with NF is now the meaning oh NF is so great. For
me as Solo Player and 8vs8 Player is NF not really great without SG only Zerger have fun and a handfull SG´s!

Wish you all much Fun with NF.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:40 PM by Stoertebecker
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:56 PM
I played Daoc since 2002 and i find this NF ist not a part of Classic for me! Only the Guys who startet later Daoc with NF is now the meaning oh NF is so great. For
me as Solo Player and 8vs8 Player is NF not really great without SG only Zerger have fun and a handfull SG´s!

Wish you all much Fun with NF.

Maybe you should stay with one realm instead of changing it every now and then? Just a thought, it`s a bit complicated bringing ppl into a guild/group if they`re not there.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:16 PM by easytoremember
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:59 PM
If only that were actually true. Mismanagement does not usually spring out of the ground because a bunch of vocal idiots are whining for bad changes.
Here's an extreme example:
3 changes are voted upon and then rolled out in their own polls: A, B, and C
Each poll results in 66% positive response

16% of those in favor of A loath B, another 16% loath C with the remaining 33% being amiable to B/C
Those in favor of B and C share the same distributions (16,16,33)

So 100% of those surveyed end up hating the resulting changes contrary to all the changes being unanimously desired
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:57 PM by elninost0rm
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:16 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:59 PM
Here's an extreme example:
3 changes are voted upon and then rolled out in their own polls: A, B, and C
Each poll results in 66% positive response

16% of those in favor of A loath B, another 16% loath C with the remaining 33% being amiable to B/C
Those in favor of B and C share the same distributions (16,16,33)

So 100% of those surveyed end up hating the resulting changes contrary to all the changes being unanimously desired

Talking about Live, my guy. Any poll on Live over the last decade has been largely ignored.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:51 PM by Freudinio
Can someone explain to me why this change was made? I haven't been playing recently and am therefore out of the loop.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:10 AM by Sepplord
Freudinio wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why this change was made? I haven't been playing recently and am therefore out of the loop.

there are probably 50-100pages in this forum about that topic....just go read them if you are intrested
Mon 8 Jul 2019 9:30 PM by Freudinio
Cool. Thanks for the non answer.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 6:39 AM by Sepplord
you expect me to write thousands of words, just so you don't have to click three times?

entitled brat...
Tue 9 Jul 2019 7:15 AM by inoeth
so funny how the server did not suddenly die because of NF it actually feels more crowded now
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:05 AM by Ceen
inoeth wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 7:15 AM
so funny how the server did not suddenly die because of NF it actually feels more crowded now
If you are into keep/dock raids it's crowded yes.
For the rest it's more like:

Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:10 AM by Nunki
Freudinio wrote:

I hope I got that right (please correct me if not):

- Working on NF was initially planned for the next 1-2 years (if at all).

- Spontaneous change of live client updates caused a lot of problems in OF. GM's were no more able to control which files get updates and which not, not using the Live Client could be interpreted as a license infringement.

- Fixing all the problems caused by the patcher change would have taken a lot of time, some problems would possibly remain.

- The decision was made to at least try out the NF mechanics / keeps (via Molvik Event).

- After Molvik a 1 week NF test phase was announced and conducted.

- A survey has been carried out where NF won with about 60% (if I remember correctly)

- NF got permanently implemented.

- Server didn't die.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:59 AM by inoeth
Ceen wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:05 AM
inoeth wrote:

you must play on another server then......
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:56 AM by Nunki
inoeth wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:59 AM
Ceen wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:05 AM
inoeth wrote:

you must play on another server then......

Probably difference in EU and US timezone?

At EU primetime I find action any any route (to or from burning towers, keeps under siege, keeps with ongoing task, etc.). Even if I try to avoid the action at any costs.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:16 AM by Freudinio
Nunki wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:10 AM
Freudinio wrote:

- Spontaneous change of live client updates caused a lot of problems in OF. GM's were no more able to control which files get updates and which not, not using the Live Client could be interpreted as a license infringement.

- Fixing all the problems caused by the patcher change would have taken a lot of time, some problems would possibly remain.

- The decision was made to at least try out the NF mechanics / keeps (via Molvik Event).

- A survey has been carried out where NF won with about 60% (if I remember correctly)

- Server didn't die.

Sounds fair, thanks.

I don't recall talk of NF back when the server was in beta, nor near launch, but having patcher issues seems like a valid problem.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:26 AM by gotwqqd
Freudinio wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:16 AM
Nunki wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:10 AM
Freudinio wrote:

- Server didn't die.

Sounds fair, thanks.

I don't recall talk of NF back when the server was in beta, nor near launch, but having patcher issues seems like a valid problem.
It seemed like the Dev’s gave OF every opportunity to live on, with them then having to deal with all the update issues.
But the masses spoke and green lighted NF.
So now the devs can dedicate their time to other things
Sat 13 Jul 2019 7:34 AM by Patron
Nf is great and of was ok till it lasted. Im glad its over and we have another map and keep than this museum Server noone want to play anymore.
So thx Phoenlx, you free me from this shidgard.
What you deserve is what you get
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:56 PM by broalition
Razur Ur wrote:

Ditto. OF was a breath of fresh air, the NF playstyle is stale.

NF must however be a breath of fresh air for the freeshard lifers judging by all these replies. Can't please everyone.

I'm curious thou, why Uthgard isn't forced to upgrade to NF like Phoenix had too?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 3:33 PM by Highfather17
I thought OF was pretty boring.

Run to Emain.

Repeat.

Meh.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:03 AM by Sepplord
broalition wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:56 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Ditto. OF was a breath of fresh air, the NF playstyle is stale.

NF must however be a breath of fresh air for the freeshard lifers judging by all these replies. Can't please everyone.

I'm curious thou, why Uthgard isn't forced to upgrade to NF like Phoenix had too?

afaik uthgard distributes their own files through the patcher. Phoenix doesn't want to do that because (assumption) it's a different thing from a legal POV. Personally i have no idea why uthgard can and phoenix doesn't. Maybe uthgard is just more willing to take the risk or maybe they have done other measures so they are fine, but it would take too much work to do it that way?
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:21 AM by Raunz
NF without Agramon is kind of shitty true.
Sun 21 Jul 2019 10:58 AM by cantgetright006
If you are solo every fight you get in to is a solo fight! If you people can only deal with 1 person at a time why pick a game that's a 3 way fight? It makes zero sense. If I see a hib and mid fighting I'll wait until both are low health an kill them both! And when I'm solo and get caught slipping I never complain nor have I EVER. Because DAOC is what it always has been . Be it on a shard or on live the whines haven't changed in all years. And in all that time DAOC is still a game that best played in groups. If people want to roll solo then you are free to do so But that doesn't mean anyone else has to just because you may choose to.

That's just my 2 cents. And it's not aimed at anyone but it is a what it is.
Mon 22 Jul 2019 8:06 AM by ddelmarle
what about making a rotation, if there is 60 % that want NF vs 40% for classic frontier
you could open NF 2 weeks a month and have old frontier for a week.
Mon 22 Jul 2019 8:35 AM by CronU
broalition wrote:

correct. NF is a breath of fresh air, since Uthgard 1, Genesis & Uthgard 2 all ran OF.. with its poor design.
Is NF perfect? def. not. is it better then OF? yes ^^
Thats the reason why so many people voted for it.

broalition wrote:
Phoenix didn't had to either. The transition was just simplyfied by the update.
The community had the chance to vote and the majority wanted NF. That was the reason why they switched.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics