Make ports based off keeps and not towers

Started 12 Jul 2019
by Fooj Fujiyama
in Suggestions
Having ports shut down because of 1 tower is kinda meh, would be cool to generate action for actual keep fights if it was based on keep score instead. Otherwise its just boat ride simulator which isn't very fun. What does everybody think of this suggestion? Right now you just have zergs dodging to go take towers instead of fighting. I have rarely seen any actual keep fights which was supposed to be one of the selling points of how great NF is. Thoughts?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:51 AM by Lollie
I been in quite a few keep fight the past couple of nights in EU prime time, mostly defence in berks and nott. Pilzpower will try and defend as much as possible now and gorion is constantly going for keeps. Mid seems to be lacking some what in coordination at the moment but overall the seige aspect seems to be working for my perspective.

On a side note, they do need to bring in breakable walls to make it more dynamic.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
If you make it possible to port into a keep at any time, they will never be taken.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:22 PM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:13 PM
If you make it possible to port into a keep at any time, they will never be taken.

Fully agree, taking a tower to break ports is an important element

maybe it could be a mix though: taking a tower breaks the port to the respective keep, but the portchain into further keeps is not broken until the keep changes realms (unless it already is like that...i must admit i have only mediocre understanding of the portchains and how it all functions)
Fri 12 Jul 2019 4:28 PM by Azuell
Having towers break port is an important part of NF. They should just get rid of the port chains. The chains made sense in OF with no towers but having them in NF makes it so you can rarely port.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 8:34 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
I like this guys idea of towers not breaking the chain, also boat simulator is boring.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 8:58 PM by Lillebror
If i come online and see that i gotta run to hurb Dock to rvr i maybe do 1-2 runs and log and do pve instead.

Takeing a tower should cut port to THAT keep. Not make whole realm to fishermen.
We dont have mounts.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:34 PM by ExcretusMaximus
You guys need to stop with the boat simulator BS.

A boat from relic town to the furthest coast takes 3 minutes, 48 seconds; most boat rides do not come from the relic town. You all bitch and moan about how this is supposed to be a classic server, well in classic you had to wait up to 15 minutes to port to the enemy realm. Here? At most, 4 minutes, and it's rarely that long.

If you can't spend a few minutes not controlling your character, you might want to get on ADHD medication.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 7:10 AM by Ceen
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:34 PM
You guys need to stop with the boat simulator BS.

A boat from relic town to the furthest coast takes 3 minutes, 48 seconds; most boat rides do not come from the relic town. You all bitch and moan about how this is supposed to be a classic server, well in classic you had to wait up to 15 minutes to port to the enemy realm. Here? At most, 4 minutes, and it's rarely that long.

If you can't spend a few minutes not controlling your character, you might want to get on ADHD medication.
You also need to go to the boat. Find pets at the targeted area and move to the action. It adds up so there is no flow anymore.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics