High Level Mobs/Pets in NF

Started 25 Jun 2019
by Lerox
in Ask the Team
SPOILER: THIS IS AN IN FAVOUR OF MINSTREL (and maybe Mentalist) THREAD; ENJOY

In the frontiers we have just a few spots with higher mobs. This has been in OF and is in NF still. In OF you were able to get to some of those mobs much faster than in NF.
Here a little list with mobs I know from OF but I am not sure if they are all still in NF available.
Albion:
    Cyraeth - 49-51
    Ellyl Guard - 49-51
    Padfoot - 51-55
    Ellyl Champion - 52 - 55
    Ellyl Sage - 51-55
    Hoary Worm - 51-55
    Piper Fairy - 51-56
    Barguest - 56-60
    Ellyl Hero - 56-60 (CURRENTLY REMOVED ?)

Midgard:
    Fylgja - 49-51
    Enhorning - 49-52
    Mature Wyvern - 54-57
    Frost Stallion - 51-55
    Fore Lich - 56-60

Hibernia:
    Granny - 48-51
    Dullahan - 50 - 55
    Far Darocha - 51-55
    Cruiach Demon - 55-57
    Levian-al - 54-57
    Mindworm - 55 - 60
    Levian - 60-62
    Finliath - 57 - 62
    Grand Pookah - 61 - 64+

Ellan Vannin:
    Mature Wyvern - 53-57
    Vannin Earth Elemental - 54-57
    Giant Vannin Fly - 53-57
    Animus Giant - 53- 59 & 65+

All listed mobs are just noted by memory so level range can be wrong but should be close to correct.

As a Minstrel that really bothers me because in my own Realm I can charm a Barguest which is level 56-60. I checked the spot in NF and there were 8 Barguests and all were 56 or 57 only.
So if I want to get a high level pet I have to travel a long way and waste a lot of time. In Ellan Vannin there are those Animus Giants. 2 big spots with tons of orange mobs a few reds and none of those reds was above 57 today. In the first NF test I found a level 59 Animus Giant. And then there are few purples which are 65 or higher so not charmable for me.
A lot of those mobs between 56-60 have a small spot and most of them are 56 or 57. I could be unlucky but I am speaking for 6 months+ experience on Phoenix.

Would it be possible to make a few changes to mobs in NF so that we have more attractive level spots and shorter paths Minstrel pets?

If anyone misses mobs in NF or found different one feel free to post it and I will update my list.

Best regards
Leroy
Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:30 PM by Ceen
NF is a back door minstrel nerf.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:07 PM by gotwqqd
Are level 60 pets really needed and balanced,
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:16 PM by teiloh
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:07 PM

They're fine and always have been.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 4:35 PM by Ardri
Bump.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:39 PM by chryso
teiloh wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:16 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Yeah, so was pre 1.58 Left axe.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 7:14 PM by teiloh
chryso wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:39 PM
teiloh wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:16 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Yeah, so was pre 1.58 Left axe.

Pre 1.58 left axe could just about two-shot any tank.

Level 60 pets on this server do less DPS than a disposable green BD pet.

No more tears please.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:57 PM by Aph
Hey Leroy,

I know there has been some changes in the abilities the npc's have with the change to NF. A well known example most people can relate to is the old school Dullahan that had the 3 part sidechain. The Dullahan in NF does nothing and hits for less afaik.

What I would love in this list is the different npc's ability sheet. As you state yourself the dps output is not magnificent so I usually tend to go for a pet with an ability? I can't be the only one

Perhaps we could get a dev to comment on the updated npc's with the NF change?
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:52 PM by teiloh
Aph wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:57 PM
Hey Leroy,

I know there has been some changes in the abilities the npc's have with the change to NF. A well known example most people can relate to is the old school Dullahan that had the 3 part sidechain. The Dullahan in NF does nothing and hits for less afaik.

What I would love in this list is the different npc's ability sheet. As you state yourself the dps output is not magnificent so I usually tend to go for a pet with an ability? I can't be the only one

Perhaps we could get a dev to comment on the updated npc's with the NF change?

Almost every single good pet is not using the proper abilities:

Far Dorocha (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/190cb515-4cae-430d-b6c0-218c4c338a36)
Ellyl sage (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/b7f3cd34-9c7c-4e50-8efc-e5ef1e3a06e7)
Frost stallion (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/7be44f2c-dc63-474b-8f10-f1f826993edb)
Bloodletter (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/09b20488-9461-4a99-9cbd-393b8beddc84)
Cyhraeth (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/93462653-9437-4802-b6f5-701860a65c92)

There are countless more.

Enhorning is slow and doesn't self heal
Drakes don't instant cast
Frores don't cast nuke

From what I understand, these mobs are *supposed* to be doing what they were on live, but some of the reports I sent in were stonewalled - e.g. "this is a custom server", or set as resolved with no change apparent.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:03 PM by Leandrys
A rascal mind would say this is another buff of Midgard in disguise. They can't charm anything close to lvl 50, so...
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:26 PM by teiloh
Leandrys wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:03 PM
A rascal mind would say this is another buff of Midgard in disguise. They can't charm anything close to lvl 50, so...

It is, plain and simple. There have been tons of Mid buffs (new RAs, no RR5s, etc) and Alb/Hib nerfs. That's why mid outnumbers by 10-12fg at primetime even with some of the steepest underpop bonuses seen on DaoC.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:52 PM by Aph
Thanks for clarifying teiloh. Lets hope a dev can outline some direction with this or give a statement of some kind ^^
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:32 AM by pax
Please have an urgent look at those mobs spawn:
- why in the week of NF test there were elly heroes at now they are disappeared?
- Implement some high level pet around Mid map, now there are only auroras and fenrir around Odins.

Pet are alredy nerfed in damage +the spawn bug where pet stuck in the scenario before going home that let the spawn going to near empty.
This situation starts to be very little enjoyable..
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:45 AM by pax
up
Thu 4 Jul 2019 7:54 AM by Tamy
What are decent pets to get around bled? Thx.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 11:06 AM by Aph
Enhorning close to nott - goes up to lvl 52 with no abilities.
Fenrir is ur random go to pet around lvl 42 or so with no abilities.
Frost stallions are your best bet and its a small journey at speed 6 - they reside at the three plateau's to the east, at the northern one right on the edge.

Probably the best pet in whole NF afaik. lvl 54-55 with a dd proc which is right now a single target dd. Its supposed to be ae but since devs doesen't give this any attention I doubt that will change in the near future
Wed 10 Jul 2019 10:53 AM by keen
Any comment by staff about this? With EV being a defacto 8v8 zone minstrels are limited to level 57 pets if you want to participate in 8v8.
Is this intended or can we hope for higher level pets in EV?
Wed 10 Jul 2019 10:58 PM by Lerox
Thanks for all replies. There haven't been a change yet as far as I have seen.
They are working on the boat + pet issue but they haven't fixed it really. Today I saw minstrel/mentalist pets getting lost while taking the boat and they were stuck on sea and attacked if you swam near them. So it seems that your pet doesn't travel back sometimes after losing it while taking the boat.

As a minstrel I take a Barguest near Boldiam to prepare for RvR but since NF change I haven't found a higher Barguest than 58 and they were up to 60 in OF.
On EV I have found tons of orange and level 56 animus giants but none of them were higher than that. The other red/orange mobs are up to 57 still.

For 8v8, as minstrel perspective, it is a pity that you run a low red or an orange pet all the time. Of course it is still annoying for the enemies but if you fight high RR groups which do more damage my pet dies really quick.

So @Staff do you even care about that or you just ignore that because it is not really a problem for you? Or are you busy with something else?
Would be nice if you would at least show some response like leaving a thumb up or just a post that you noticed the thread and you might give an update how it looks later.

Best regards
Leroy
Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:47 AM by gotwqqd
Lerox wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 10:58 PM
They are working on the boat + pet issue but they haven't fixed it really. Today I saw minstrel/mentalist pets getting lost while taking the boat and they were stuck on sea and attacked if you swam near them. So it seems that your pet doesn't travel back sometimes after losing it while taking the boat.

As a minstrel I take a Barguest near Boldiam to prepare for RvR but since NF change I haven't found a higher Barguest than 58 and they were up to 60 in OF.
On EV I have found tons of orange and level 56 animus giants but none of them were higher than that. The other red/orange mobs are up to 57 still.

For 8v8, as minstrel perspective, it is a pity that you run a low red or an orange pet all the time. Of course it is still annoying for the enemies but if you fight high RR groups which do more damage my pet dies really quick.

So @Staff do you even care about that or you just ignore that because it is not really a problem for you? Or are you busy with something else?
Would be nice if you would at least show some response like leaving a thumb up or just a post that you noticed the thread and you might give an update how it looks later.

Best regards
Leroy
Sorry you can’t have the absolute best pet in every area

I see nothing wrong with charmed pets being incompatible with boat rides
Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:12 AM by Hodge
I am not familiar enough with NF yet. Are there any good pets for hunters to charm? If not, can we make some? ☺️
Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:32 AM by Aph
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:47 AM
Lerox wrote:

Best regards
Leroy

If you take the time and read his post you will see that he is saying there is no higher lvl mobs anywhere in NF, and not just in a convenient area.
Regarding the situation with charmed pets on boat rides the devs have already stated this will be changed so who cares about your opinion.

Lets stay on topic and hope for a dev reaction please
Fri 12 Jul 2019 1:19 AM by gotwqqd
Aph wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:32 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:47 AM
Lerox wrote:

Best regards
Leroy

If you take the time and read his post you will see that he is saying there is no higher lvl mobs anywhere in NF, and not just in a convenient area.
Regarding the situation with charmed pets on boat rides the devs have already stated this will be changed so who cares about your opinion.

Lets stay on topic and hope for a dev reaction please
Typical
Gets all miffed anytime anyone has an opinion that would reduce a classs played power
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:03 PM by Aph
After writing your opinion off I realised that there is in fact levians that are purple con. Not too hard to get to for alb either.

Doesn’t change the fact that they revamped npcs from the of->nf patch. Lvl wise and ability wise. Without any reasoning what so ever and no info on what they actually changed either.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 2:04 PM by keen
Aph wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:03 PM
Levians. Not too hard to get to for alb either.
Let's be realistic here, noone would ever drive to Crim to get a Levi and then go back to EV for 8v8.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:27 PM by Aph
Yeah true that.. The EV port back system ain’t helping the situation either. But I guess that’s just NF? I know OP was annoyed with this as well, but I honestly can’t see why they should add new high lvl npcs in convenient spots?

There is a real issue with them not giving info about the actions they did to the npcs in frontier during the swap into NF. This could easily be solved with a dev commenting tho.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:50 PM by Lerox
Aph wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:27 PM
Yeah true that.. The EV port back system ain’t helping the situation either. But I guess that’s just NF? I know OP was annoyed with this as well, but I honestly can’t see why they should add new high lvl npcs in convenient spots?

There is a real issue with them not giving info about the actions they did to the npcs in frontier during the swap into NF. This could easily be solved with a dev commenting tho.
I can understand what you mean and I agree that the main issue is that they changed npcs in NF without telling. I made this post to get to know if they did that on purpose and if so why. Or maybe they didn't know about that at all and it happend by mistake, who knows.

On EV there are some places without any mobs and it would be easy to add a spot with higher mobs as a leveling spot for example. Of course there won't be many people going out there to level due to POC might be better XP.
One of the Animus Giant spots is huge and has a lot of mobs but there are tons of orange mobs for level 50 few reds which are level 56 and with the same name Animus Giant there are few level 65+ Mobs in it which doesnt make sense really.

I mentioned that the Barquest spot in Albion has 8 mobs and this is the highest mob in Albion Frontier so it isn't a level spot for a group. In Midgard there are 3 or 4 Spots with Frore Liches which are 56-60 and you can level there as a group because 1 or 2 have more than only 8 of them on one spot.

It is not really needed to add new spots but it might be more attractive for people to level in the frontier. We have some unused places still which aren't near main RvR zones.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics