KISSED BY FIRE- Event- WHAT about LOOT

Started 4 Jul 2019
by Jeninii
in Suggestions
Not sure if you guys remb over on LIVE when we had the battle of Dev's. It was outside of darkness falls and we prob had over 500 mids help try to kill the Dev's. If you remb the dev's were able to drop a bomb on us that would kill half the bg at one time and we would have to hurry up rez up and go back to trying our hardest to kill them. After what seemed to be forever we were able to finally kill them and we were able to earn a new title for toons. I believe if I remb correctly the title was destroyer of arnak. The raid was done several times within the week as they were scheduled so every1 knew the times and could be there. I think this might be fun over here and maybe help promote something new , Possibly hold it in EV or again outside darkness falls. Would be nice to see the devs have some fun as well.. Don't be scared you DEV's...…... Bring the pain as im sure MIDGARD will

Plus we need new titles and this would be so much fun .
IF you view the post can u please like it to help with getting this raid. We would really appreciate all the help Thx guys and gals.
Also spoke to couple GMs last night and they thought it was good idea but I had to make a post here first.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 8:10 AM by Jeninii
Could even make it for all 3 realms to be able to help out.. Depending on where it takes place
Thu 4 Jul 2019 11:49 AM by Zepharosmasher
Sounds really fun! Hoping for it to happen! 😀
Thu 4 Jul 2019 1:11 PM by Noxdominae
That would be cool as hell!
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:16 PM by Kwall0311
Reminds me of the end of Beta party when they trans morphed everyone

Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:23 PM by Kaosfury
I would imagine with all the recent changes these folks have way too much on their plate fixing urgent matters, so don't get too sad if they put this off for a couple months
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:11 PM by Jeninii
I spoke to couple Gms last night and several thought its a good idea but I need to show that we would like this to happen.. We can offer our suggestions and see where it goes. I hope we get enough people wanting it so we can get it or something like it.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 10:36 PM by Jeninii
Bump up
Thu 4 Jul 2019 10:43 PM by Haruspex
I think this would be great and a good way for the Devs to show they care about the players
Thu 4 Jul 2019 10:46 PM by Jeninii
I agree and I'm sure their are several that would love to target the Dev's LMAO... So see its a win win.. Devs get to target a big cluster of mids and mids get revenge LOL
Fri 5 Jul 2019 6:54 AM by Sepplord
why mid specific? Oo

and i am asking that as a mid...
Fri 5 Jul 2019 8:09 AM by bibbsy
I think this will be a brill idea I'm up for it
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:33 AM by Kooked
<Teleports Jeninii into the sky>
Jeninii was just killed by Kooked
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:38 AM by Dominus
Kaosfury wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:23 PM
I would imagine with all the recent changes these folks have way too much on their plate fixing urgent matters, so don't get too sad if they put this off for a couple months

thought you quit...
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:54 AM by Kaosfury
I don't currently play Dark Age of Camelot Phoenix.....

But I still love the project, and as a former member of staff I jump in to help people with issues problems, trying to get in game as a non staff member now

I also try to stay a positive active member of the community.

So keep the post on topic sweetcheeks, don't worry about what I'm doing.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 12:48 PM by Jeninii
Kooked wrote:
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:33 AM
<Teleports Jeninii into the sky>
Jeninii was just killed by Kooked

LOL.. Bring it
Fri 5 Jul 2019 8:49 PM by Jeninii
See we need good ole Kooked, Uthred , Saibaba and couple more GMs with the DEVs to bring the smack down. I tried to find some old pictures from the raid b4 on live but figured I couldn't post them due to what we can and cant post here.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 9:21 AM by Autimatic
I think this would be a Great Idea!
Sat 6 Jul 2019 9:36 AM by Runental
I've been running a behemoth event back in the days on Uthgard 1. All 3 realms hold legion between 1-50% HP until most of Mid, Hibs and albs were ported to behemoth.
In the end, we killed him after a long battle
Was super exiting and fun.
Sadly this won't work here because Behemoth isn't implemented and people are to RP greedy to work together.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 4:27 PM by Ardri
What about my 3v3 pvp event titles? They said we would get titles...
Sun 7 Jul 2019 9:23 AM by Jeninii
Runental wrote:
Sat 6 Jul 2019 9:36 AM
I've been running a behemoth event back in the days on Uthgard 1. All 3 realms hold legion between 1-50% HP until most of Mid, Hibs and albs were ported to behemoth.
In the end, we killed him after a long battle
Was super exiting and fun.
Sadly this won't work here because Behemoth isn't implemented and people are to RP greedy to work together.
I agree I think it would be fun to have something like that for us to look forward to as an event with the Devs would be a lot of fun. I think it would show people that the Devs are willing to come out and play. This would also show that the game is still alive and that we are being heard. Plus I think a live event would bring a lot of people out and have lots of fun.
I know lots of us are from live and remb the event we had back many many many years ago. We all talked about it for a long time. It was a super hard event but well worth it. I know we got new titles and cant remb if we got loot or not.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:08 PM by LedriTheThane
Not sure how much time and resources this would take, but I would much prefer them to focus on fixing numerous issues than another event that probably won't give us any RP's.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:59 PM by Smacktology
When in doubt Jeninii it out!
Sun 7 Jul 2019 9:04 PM by Jeninii
LedriTheThane wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:08 PM
Not sure how much time and resources this would take, but I would much prefer them to focus on fixing numerous issues than another event that probably won't give us any RP's.
This isn't for Rps. This would be an event for the Devs to play and have fun with us as well.. Im not saying now but yeah no matter the time frame there will always be something to fix in the game. This isn't about fixing other problems in the game its about having fun and bringing people together to have more fun. Since th edecline in sever pop it would be nice to add a little more fun to the game. The events are a good way to keep people playing as well.. Think about the molvik event many people loved it and yes I know they got Rps for it but this would be fun as well. The kill all 3 realms event was fun too.. Just figured I would make some suggestions for future ideas that might help out with bringing the realm together and the idea of being able to kill the Devs would excite many as im sure we all want our chance to get the one deathblow LMAO.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 1:44 AM by LedriTheThane
Jeninii wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 9:04 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:
This isn't for Rps. This would be an event for the Devs to play and have fun with us as well.. Im not saying now but yeah no matter the time frame there will always be something to fix in the game. This isn't about fixing other problems in the game its about having fun and bringing people together to have more fun. Since th edecline in sever pop it would be nice to add a little more fun to the game. The events are a good way to keep people playing as well.. Think about the molvik event many people loved it and yes I know they got Rps for it but this would be fun as well. The kill all 3 realms event was fun too.. Just figured I would make some suggestions for future ideas that might help out with bringing the realm together and the idea of being able to kill the Devs would excite many as im sure we all want our chance to get the one deathblow LMAO.

I'd like to think it would be successful, but the last event (ToA arena) had very few people because there wasn't any reward. Maybe if there was like a reward for 1k feathers per kill on the devs (and make it VERY hard to kill them) then it would be nice
Mon 8 Jul 2019 3:24 AM by Jeninii
Great Idea.. Hope their reading this.. I think it should be way more than 1k a kill
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:54 PM by Ashok
LedriTheThane wrote:

While there has to be some involvement of world builders for things like character models, effects etc. the majority could be done by GMs.
Also we can't just place us somewhere and waiting for people and spamming random attacks/spells; those things have to be tested and calibrated.

I do like the idea.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:07 PM by LedriTheThane
Ashok wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:54 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:

While there has to be some involvement of world builders for things like character models, effects etc. the majority could be done by GMs.
Also we can't just place us somewhere and waiting for people and spamming random attacks/spells; those things have to be tested and calibrated.

I do like the idea.

I would suggest doing something like the ToA events. Utilizing the zones and having us all port to the same one as friendlies and you guys are already there.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 7:08 PM by Jeninii
I LOVE THE IDEA
Mon 8 Jul 2019 7:13 PM by florin
Ashok wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:54 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:

I do like the idea.

Lion's Den and give all toons access to Maxim's Fight Club merchant
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:56 PM by Jeninii
Smacktology wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:59 PM
When in doubt Jeninii it out!

LOL. Smack your to funny
Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:55 AM by Jeninii
bump up
Fri 12 Jul 2019 8:44 AM by JesseePendragon
Have we heard anymore in regards to this idea?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:55 AM by Jeninii
Inquiring minds would like to know
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:34 AM by newtbug
this would be a great idea might even boost the population a bit.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 2:35 PM by Ashok
FYI: I'm actively working on such an event right now (devs won't be involved so they can keep fixing stuff )
Do you believe you can beat me?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:10 PM by Jeninii
Awesome. Cant wait to try it out.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:51 PM by Bumblina
What I wouldnt do to put Uthred over my knee! Erm......... In front of my Hammer............ Erm I give up! Let's kill try hitting the GM's shall we?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:08 PM by Jeninii
Bumblina wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:51 PM
What I wouldnt do to put Uthred over my knee! Erm......... In front of my Hammer............ Erm I give up! Let's kill try hitting the GM's shall we?

You never know who will show up for the event. Maybe Uthred will make an appearance just for you. LOL. I'm excited to see what is put together for this. I think we needed something to do as a realm not just as a 8 man.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:16 PM by Uthred
Bumblina wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:51 PM

I bet you arent the only one.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 7:55 AM by Ashok
Event locations; what you guys have in mind?

I do have a favorite, but feel free to toss in ideas.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 9:44 AM by Leandrys
Uthred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:16 PM
I bet you arent the only one.

I will have such revenges on you both,
That all the world shall,I will do such things,
What they are, yet I know not, but they shall be
The terrors of the earth!

Thu 1 Aug 2019 5:45 PM by Jeninii
I would say open up darkness falls or outside of DF. If its going to be open to all realms maybe consider doing a mid keep, hib keep and alb keep so the challenge will include us to travel to different realms. We can get in some rvr while traveling there
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:47 PM by Kwall0311
I think some of those Mater level encounter areas are pretty cool. Would be nice to see them again
Fri 2 Aug 2019 8:23 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
There is a empty area in Odins gate east of bled. A torn down viking hall and a fake relic keep near by. Is Nice
location. ☺
Fri 2 Aug 2019 10:42 PM by Broxson1775
Turn ToA into a PvP area.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 11:25 PM by Bumblina
Van Ellen? Or however you spell it. The Island between the three RvR zones.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:14 PM by Jeninii
This should be lots of fun... I cant wait
Fri 9 Aug 2019 7:17 PM by Ashok
A location was chosen; a part 1 zone of the Darkness Rising Champion quest chain.
And most of the other stuff is done too.
Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:02 AM by Jeninii
AWESOME... Do we know about what month this might be ran so I can take off work.... LMAO...
Sat 10 Aug 2019 6:55 AM by Ashok
August, if nothing important breaks.
Sat 24 Aug 2019 7:37 PM by Jeninii
Hope we get this raid soon Im excited to see what you came up with
Mon 26 Aug 2019 12:20 PM by Ashok
Due to some internal delays (more important stuff) we were not able to make the event happen in August.
Sorry, but it's not swiped under the carpet; the work is done by 99%.

As the the event contents and structure are done, let me tell you a few things about it.

The intention is that a staff member is simulating a multi-phased boss encounter in real-time, with the staff member itself being the boss to kill.
A total of 4 phases are planned; the first three will each be themed by one of the three realms, followed by a final one.
There's even a background story, woven into the general DAoC story arc and not yet used mythical being.

Triggers, rules and announcements are in place to help understand the mechanics.
The event is scaled to a minimum of 7 groups and will be held in a Hibernian Darkness Rising zone.

Feathers, as well as an exclusive title & item skin are the planned rewards - and the satisfaction to kill a game master.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 12:38 PM by florin
Ashok wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 12:20 PM
Due to some internal delays (more important stuff) we were not able to make the event happen in August.
Sorry, but it's not swiped under the carpet; the work is done by 99%.

As the the event contents and structure are done, let me tell you a few things about it.

The intention is that a staff member is simulating a multi-phased boss encounter in real-time, with the staff member itself being the boss to kill.
A total of 4 phases are planned; the first three will each be themed by one of the three realms, followed by a final one.
There's even a background story, woven into the general DAoC story arc and not yet used mythical being.

Triggers, rules and announcements are in place to help understand the mechanics.
The event is scaled to a minimum of 7 groups and will be held in a Hibernian Darkness Rising zone.

Feathers, as well as an exclusive title & item skin are the planned rewards - and the satisfaction to kill a game master.

Ooh nice - sounds like a great event!
Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:35 AM by Jeninii
Awesome.... sounds great..Im really excited to have an event that more than 1fg can attend.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 6:52 AM by Ashok
Guys, it's coming: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11050
Tue 3 Sep 2019 1:19 PM by Jeninii
Wish we had better NA times for friday.. Noon is hard for us as most of us work. We also have 1 am and 7am.. not excited anymore as i cant make it
Wed 4 Sep 2019 6:40 AM by Sepplord
btw.

is it correct that the times in the table go 6:00 / 12:00 / 18:00 / 15:00 ?

Or are 18:00 and 15:00 switched up?
Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:50 PM by Ashok
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 4 Sep 2019 6:40 AM
btw.

Intended this way.

Jeninii wrote: Wish we had better NA times for friday.. Noon is hard for us as most of us work. We also have 1 am and 7am.. not excited anymore as i cant make it
Okay, changed the first slot from 6am to 3am, which is 8pm for US west coast (PDT)
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:11 AM by Jeninii
Ashok wrote:
Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:50 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 4 Sep 2019 6:40 AM
btw.

Intended this way.

Jeninii wrote: Wish we had better NA times for friday.. Noon is hard for us as most of us work. We also have 1 am and 7am.. not excited anymore as i cant make it
Okay, changed the first slot from 6am to 3am, which is 8pm for US west coast (PDT)

YOUR AWESOME... Now I cant wait
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:16 AM by Jeninii
NA TIMES are listed:
FRIDAY-- MIDGARD -- 2:00 pm est.. 1:00pm central,
SATURDAY 11:00pm est. 10:00pm central
SUNDAY 8:00am EST -- 7:00 am central and 11:00 am est 10:00 am central
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:39 AM by Sepplord
nooooooo
i know it's the US-friendly timeslot but 8am saturday would have still been manageable for me in EU

why switch the times so shortly before event
Thu 5 Sep 2019 1:46 PM by Sleepwell
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:39 AM
nooooooo
i know it's the US-friendly timeslot but 8am saturday would have still been manageable for me in EU

why switch the times so shortly before event

Are you CEST Sepp?

unless my converter is wrong, Friday would be optimal. 18:00 UTC = 8pm CEST. I would love that time slot. I'm US EST, and the best i get even with the changes is 11 pm. We have discussed this in guild and alliance, and the hard part will be fielding enough people to complete the event. Minimum 7 groups puts a lot of pressure on timing, especially with the recent decline in population. Its the same reason that TG/SIDI/GALA raids are virtually non existent nowadays.

I guess 11 am Sunday the 8th is probably the best time slot for me, if i take into consideration the EU players who would possibly attend (hopefully more overall players)
Thu 5 Sep 2019 1:56 PM by chryso
Jeninii wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:16 AM
NA TIMES are listed:
FRIDAY-- MIDGARD -- 2:00 pm est.. 1:00pm central,
SATURDAY 11:00pm est. 10:00pm central
SUNDAY 8:00am EST -- 7:00 am central and 11:00 am est 10:00 am central

Maybe I am reading this wrong but isn't the MIdgard Saturday time actually Friday night at 11:00 PM Eastern time?
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:04 PM by Sleepwell
Having to go back and do the math.. i think you're right......

03:00 or 3 am Sat, Sept 7th = 11 pm EST , Friday Sept 6th.

The way their list appears throws me off.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:31 PM by Sleepwell
@Ashok , can you please verify for me that this is correct? I do not want to give misinformation. The way your small spreadsheet is designed works for UTC, but for US based players, .... well it confused me at least

MID

03:00 Sat, 7th = 11 pm EST Fri, 6th (10 cst, 9 mst, 8 pst)

The same thing happens for all US players

Alb
03:00 Fri, 6th = 11 pm EST Thursday, 5th (10 cst, 9 mst, 8 pst)

Hib

03:00 Sun, 8th = 11 pm EST Sat 7th (10 cst, 9 mst, 8 pst)

I'm unsure, but for some reason i feel like these times would not be correct, unless the event is planned to kick off Thursday Sept, 5th at 11pm for albs (according to your chart)
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:53 PM by Sepplord
Just check the current UTC time (when i make this post it is 14:49 UTC)
that will avoid any transfigurators and easily show you the relationship between your actual timezone and the times in the list.

PS: yes, friday 8PM would usually be a wonderful timeslot for me (and it is a great timeslot for EU-Midgard players overall) but i will be on a trip this friday and might not make it, so i was planning to check out the early bid one on saturday
I won't complain about single-person-fates though, there will always be someone who couldn't attend or would like a different time...i just thought it wasn't very good to change something on such short-notice. But half joking too when i made the comment.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:58 PM by Jeninii
No matter what time will always be a problem for some. I think we need to give kudos to Ashok for building this and trying to help bring more players together. When i first started this post back in May we had a heck of lot higher population but we can still do this and have fun. I hope lots enjoy this event and look forward to whatever event we get next. Thanks Ash for the hard work.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:00 PM by Sleepwell
Yeah, timing is right and the utc calculator i used was right. I failed to take into account the early morning hours though. As i pointed out, if 03:00 UTC Friday, September 6th is really the launch, then US based alb players will get a head start tonight at 11 pm EST. Just verifying .
Sun 8 Sep 2019 5:21 AM by Jeninii
JUST want to say THANKS to you Mids that showed for the event. Im glad you guys and gals enjoyed it and hope to see some more in the future where we can interact with the game masters or the developers. Was super fun and also want to say a big THANKS to Ashok for building this for us. Ash went way out of the way to make this happen. I know we had a bad 2nd go but it was turned around and we were able to complete it. Our largest Bg count was 224 that showed for the 2nd event... AWESOME guys.. THANKS again
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:19 AM by Sepplord
now that the event is over....can we talk about tactics for a second without spoiling anyone?

I only managed to jump in one time and i just came home from a party and was a bit drunk.
Joined a random group with a friend on my healer but it felt like i couldn't really do much at all

i was either ruppted all the time (could get one spread out every 6-8seconds) or out of range or dead
Were we doing something wrong? Aka a targetted person not splitting from the others? Or dotted people not moving away from undotted people?
Later in the phase my friend even told me he got the dot while respawning in jordheim, before even porting to the event zone

So, what strategies were there to play around?
What phases happened?
What have you found out during the fight?
Mon 9 Sep 2019 1:56 PM by Ashok
There had been a total of 5 main phases:
1. A Warm Welcome
2. The Pointy End
3. Pathogen
4. Awakening 1
5. Awakening 2

Maybe you can link your experience/observations made to those phases.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 11:04 PM by Jeninii
Any update yet on the special item or reskin token. Wasn't sure if I missed something since I was out of game since Sunday. Thx again Ash was super fun
Thu 12 Sep 2019 3:09 PM by Jeninii
HELLO from the other side Can we get an update please as I seem to get tell hell when I log in wanting to know about the items. Ash if dev's need an idea on how to hand them out you can always add a temp event merchant that will give access for those that got the credit. It would allow them to pick either the reskin token or the special item. If you guys are still working on the item please leave some feedback as inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks and see you guys on the Battlefield...… RED is DEAD...
Fri 13 Sep 2019 2:22 PM by Jeninii
Any GM or Dev please update us if you can..
Mon 16 Sep 2019 11:04 AM by Kampfar
Bump
Mon 16 Sep 2019 11:06 AM by Uthred
We will let you know as soon as it is done. No need to bump it over and over again.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:16 PM by Sepplord
Why have events before the rewards are ready anyways?

To be honest, having no idea what will be the reward and getting something weeks later is a bit weird and dissapointing. If you have the event mechanics ready and just cant wait until the whole package is, then just leave the item out and use it for the next Event
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:30 PM by Sleepwell
We discussed this yesterday in /guild. If its a game changing item (magic light saber that spawns sharks with freakin lazer beams), then i can understand the delay. I can't imagine its that. Game changing items are not on the menu typically. On the other hand, if its a "fluff" item its hard to understand the delay.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:34 PM by kiectred
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:16 PM

To be honest, having no idea what will be the reward and getting something weeks later is a bit weird and dissapointing. If you have the event mechanics ready and just cant wait until the whole package is, then just leave the item out and use it for the next Event

You seem to be implying getting something late is more disappointing than getting nothing? I feel like you're just looking for something to complain about.

The event was fun without an additional reward. Just convince yourself you'll get nothing to save yourself the disappointment you're experiencing.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:43 PM by Sepplord
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:34 PM
Sepplord wrote:

You seem to be implying getting something late is more disappointing than getting nothing? I feel like you're just looking for something to complain about.

The event was fun without an additional reward. Just convince yourself you'll get nothing to save yourself the disappointment you're experiencing.

Excitement can result in dissapointment when unfulfilled over and over. So in some cases less is actually more. It doesn't leave the feeling of stuff being half-assed. It's not a big deal but something i felt worth mentioning.

I believe my post history shows that my feedback is usually honest, biased from Time to Time but i don't complain for the sake of complaining. I have also defended multiple staffdecisions despite disagreeing with them personally, because i could unterstand their reasoning.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:46 PM by chryso
Sleepwell wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:30 PM
On the other hand, if its a "fluff" item its hard to understand the delay.

They are making it even fluffier. It takes time to get the full fluffiness.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:22 PM by kiectred
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:43 PM
kiectred wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Excitement can result in dissapointment when unfulfilled over and over. So in some cases less is actually more. It doesn't leave the feeling of stuff being half-assed. It's not a big deal but something i felt worth mentioning.

I believe my post history shows that my feedback is usually honest, biased from Time to Time but i don't complain for the sake of complaining. I have also defended multiple staffdecisions despite disagreeing with them personally, because i could unterstand their reasoning.

Would be a fair point, however I don't see them leaving things unfulfilled "over and over" and to me that's the main problem with your complaints.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:25 PM by Sepplord
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:22 PM
Sepplord wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Would be a fair point, however I don't see them leaving things unfulfilled "over and over" and to me that's the main problem with your complaints.

iirr people waiting really long for their event titles from the pvp-events too...but again, it's really not a big deal. It was a comment i thought was worthy dropping, it wouldn't have been something to make a own post about or similar.
Which are the other complaints you are hinting at?
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:04 PM by kiectred
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:25 PM
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:22 PM
Sepplord wrote:

iirr people waiting really long for their event titles from the pvp-events too...but again, it's really not a big deal. It was a comment i thought was worthy dropping, it wouldn't have been something to make a own post about or similar.
Which are the other complaints you are hinting at?

Ah I hadn't heard about the event title delay.

Complaints was accidentally pluralized.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:59 AM by vxr
chryso wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:46 PM
Sleepwell wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:30 PM
On the other hand, if its a "fluff" item its hard to understand the delay.

They are making it even fluffier. It takes time to get the full fluffiness.

Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:28 AM by Ashok
Some context.

Historical speaking, the previous event titles were not added due to the automatic system granting it was not working properly.
That was fixed prior to the KbF event, resulting that many of you got a bunch of new titles ("Doominator" etc.) alongside the "Kissed by Fire" title.

Now with the "special reward" for KbF I wanted a bit more.

You know titles are a great way of showing "I was there!", but who's reading it, eh?
So I requested a reward that will show your scars and price paid in blood surviving the event a bit more... eye catching.

2 ideas, both with systems partially in the game already but not in the way necessary; so coding is required to get them to work.
In case they actually get this to work, those systems can be used - just like the now working event title system - for future events too.

In the end they are not just working for the one-time KbF reward, but doing some groundwork.

We'll keep you updated; just need a bit more time.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:40 AM by inoeth
Ashok wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:28 AM
Some context.

Historical speaking, the previous event titles were not added due to the automatic system granting it was not working properly.
That was fixed prior to the KbF event, resulting that many of you got new titles ("Doominator" etc.) alongside the "Kissed by Fire" title.

You know titles are a great way of showing "I was there!", but who's reading it, eh?
So I requested a reward that will show your scars and price paid in blood surviving the event a bit more... eye catching.

2 ideas, both with systems partially in the game already but not in the way necessary; so coding is required to get them to work.
In case they actually get this to work, those systems can be used - just like the now working event title system - for future events too.

In the end they are not just working for the one-time KbF reward, but doing some groundwork

We'll keep you updated, don't worry; just need a bit more time.

Oh boy great!

Eyepatches for everyone, cool! And double eyepatches for dwarfs!
Sat 21 Sep 2019 5:58 PM by Jeninii
Ashok wrote:
Some context.

That was fixed prior to the KbF event, resulting that many of you got a bunch of new titles ("Doominator" etc.) alongside the "Kissed by Fire" title.

In the end they are not just working for the one-time KbF reward, but doing some groundwork.

We'll keep you updated; just need a bit more time.

Thanks for the response back. At least now we know what's still taking place. I don't mind the wait as I'm sure it will be awesome.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:07 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:40 AM
Ashok wrote:
Some context.

That was fixed prior to the KbF event, resulting that many of you got new titles ("Doominator" etc.) alongside the "Kissed by Fire" title.

In the end they are not just working for the one-time KbF reward, but doing some groundwork

We'll keep you updated, don't worry; just need a bit more time.

Oh boy great!

Eyepatches for everyone, cool! And double eyepatches for dwarfs!

Excellent idea! A dude with a ranged weapon with two eyepatches hehe (I'm talking of course about Dwarf Hunters)
Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:19 PM by Jeninii
Lol..
Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:57 PM by Razur Ur
some guys need ballpatches ;-D
Sun 6 Oct 2019 12:35 AM by Jeninii
ANY news on the items? This is getting a little nutts, I know it had to be worked on due to some issues but the time frame has gone passed waiting. Are we getting anything or not?
Sun 13 Oct 2019 2:14 AM by Jeninii
HELLO>> FORM THE OTHER SIDE>.. any news yet?
Sun 20 Oct 2019 4:12 PM by Jeninii
ANY NEWS yet..... @GAMEMASTERS or DEVS... We have waited since August for our loot we were promised.. Or was that another lie we were told..
Sun 20 Oct 2019 5:10 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Jeninii wrote:
Sun 20 Oct 2019 4:12 PM
ANY NEWS yet..... @GAMEMASTERS or DEVS... We have waited since August for our loot we were promised.. Or was that another lie we were told..

When you started the crusade for an event, all you wanted was the event, now it's all about loot.
Sun 20 Oct 2019 9:06 PM by desp
Jeninii wrote:
Trophy statue of Ashok will be good!
Mon 21 Oct 2019 7:56 AM by Topenga
...and I always thought the "kissed by fire" title was given if you died at least ten times to enemy oil in a keep fight
Mon 21 Oct 2019 8:01 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 20 Oct 2019 5:10 PM
Jeninii wrote:

When you started the crusade for an event, all you wanted was the event, now it's all about loot.

if no loot had been announced, it would have been fine
but since they announced it people get intrested and want to get it

personaly i had forgotten about ot after having a small leftover taste of bitterness when nothing came the first weeks, but jeninii seems to still be hoping
Mon 21 Oct 2019 1:21 PM by chryso
Jeninii wrote:

You sound angry.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:48 PM by doppel
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Jeninii wrote:

I don't think she's all about loot. Try to look at it from her point of view. She helped orchestrate the event and with the help of the GMs made a promise to people that has yet to be delivered. She's also easier to access than GMs so she's the one getting the brunt of the complaints. How would you respond in that situation? I would say her persistence and care for the community is the reason why she was able to get an event in the first place.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 11:09 PM by Jeninii
doppel wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:48 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Jeninii wrote:

I don't think she's all about loot. Try to look at it from her point of view. She helped orchestrate the event and with the help of the GMs made a promise to people that has yet to be delivered. She's also easier to access than GMs so she's the one getting the brunt of the complaints. How would you respond in that situation? I would say her persistence and care for the community is the reason why she was able to get an event in the first place.

Thx doppel, Sorry I was away from the forums for a week or so due to family.. Yes I have posted several times trying to get what was promised to us. yes I have posted in caps and such thinking maybe they would respond. I asked for the event so we would have something new to do as a realm and it was a lot of fun and when I first started helping with the naming of title and Ashok busting his butt to finish it, I knew then that we would have some kind of loot but I had no clue that it wouldn't be given out. I'm devoted to the realm and this game and love seeing people have fun and when I myself get lied too I understand the frustrations. I think I got more tells from people asking about loot intel or if I even knew the time frame of what and when it would be given out. It became such a frustration that I felt really bad promoting this event and it made me feel bad that I couldn't promise what we were told. I learned my lesson in trying to help/offer suggestions for future events. I wont let them forget about us little fish.. SOMETIMES the big fish have to realize they need to nutt up if they going to promise stuff or don't mention it at all.. At least that's the way I feel.. Anyway no I'm not mad we don't have it yet but I still have people that say Jen have you heard anything yet and once again I have say Nope im sorry. So if you a developer and reading this.. Please respond and let us know something. Thx
Sat 26 Oct 2019 11:14 PM by Jeninii
desp wrote:
Sun 20 Oct 2019 9:06 PM
Jeninii wrote:
Trophy statue of Ashok will be good!

I don't even see Ashok on that much anymore
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:35 AM by Runental
Deal with it, happens sometimes. Who cares about loot when the event was fun.
I had the same procedure 10 years ago on Uthgard when we killed Behemoth with all 3 realms in DF. A special reward was announced but never happened for whatever reasons.
Sometimes you can't deliver all your promises. Not any human can do it, not to himself nor to others irl.
So stop QQing like kids who doesn't get their promised Christmas gift.
You got your title and nice memories of the event.
Nuff said.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 4:28 PM by Sepplord
Runental wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:35 AM
Deal with it, happens sometimes. Who cares about loot when the event was fun.
I had the same procedure 10 years ago on Uthgard when we killed Behemoth with all 3 realms in DF. A special reward was announced but never happened for whatever reasons.
Sometimes you can't deliver all your promises. Not any human can do it, not to himself nor to others irl.
So stop QQing like kids who doesn't get their promised Christmas gift.
You got your title and nice memories of the event.
Nuff said.

I agree, but then tell people that
just being ghosted on a topic doesn't help with "getting over it"
Tue 29 Oct 2019 9:56 AM by kiectred
Really seemed like they basically had it worked out though. Would be best to just come out and say nothing is coming... guess it got shoved to the back burner and forgotten.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 4:58 PM by Jeninii
My guess is that either they never really made a special item or they have no way of tracking who did the event. I suggested at the beginning to put in an npc that would recognize the kiss by fire title or give a token for completion and the npc could hand the item out. I still see people asking about it in advice chat daily but i finally realized its not going to happen. Atleast we got to have fun doing the event. It brought alot of people out across the realms and maybe if they do another one they will be more prepared. See ya guys on the battlefield
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics