Hib Euros LOVE to PvE keeps.

Started 9 Jun 2019
by Bumbles
in RvR
Hero did it for years on Live and it ruined play for so many on the server, now Pilzpower is going to do it here. It's not a coincidence that it's the same time and same realm....
Sun 9 Jun 2019 10:01 PM by Dominus
yeah, the massive 150 strong hib zerg taking every keep is pretty much getting very tiresome.. Pilz vs. Door and he seems to suck 1/3 of the realm with him to help. guess what guys, when people stop doing the PvR game you wont have much to do. Maybe NF will help? Not sure when someone seemingly has so much time to just take keeps day in and day out... for me, it becomes sooo boring.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 12:01 AM by keen
other grps run 8v1 24/7. that is equally boring.
if they are raiding a keep and you are not into keep takes. just ignore them?
Mon 10 Jun 2019 12:26 AM by dbeattie71
People whine about RvR now? Taking keeps lol, literally one of the main goals of the game.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 12:59 AM by shintacki
This server will be way worse off once he and his Zerg decide to stop doing this. You can count on that.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:38 AM by Lollie
Crazy suggestion but you could always try defending your keeps?
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:16 AM by Druth
Only fix I could think of, would be to let keep take reward be dependant on how many keeps your realm has. Example:
Below 7 keeps 2x reward
7-14 normal
15 or above zero.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:23 AM by Stoertebecker
Albs and Mids are feeding him if they constantly reraid the keeps. Just take and hold DC for breaking the rp bonus and farm the heck outta them. Problem solved.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:43 AM by Anelyn77
I just wish defenders had LoS on invaders from battlements. Been yesterday with the mids BG in Emain, and for the love of my life, no matter where I was on the battlements, jumping on top of the walls and moving all way to the edge was getting constant target not visible on any hib outside the walls which pretty much makes the siege in OF non-interactive for defenders (outside of GT spells RAs) until inner is broken or if you just push (which is what we did first time, and successfully beat them).

Spamming group heals for 30-45 mins with occasional ress / cure poison / disease ain't really fun, when I could be on the battlements mezzing, stunning, spamming amnesia (ftw) and creating opportunities for flanks and pushes. But no, can't be done.

/Bnotashamed
Mon 10 Jun 2019 12:51 PM by Bumbles
Lollie wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:38 AM

It’s obvious you play Hib. Same thing on Live and same thing here, you tell me what’s the point of trying to defend vs 5x the numbers? Yesterday there were 130+ at times taking Alb keeps be maybe 30 people unorganized and trying to defend. Many were there just to get task credit. Oh yeah top it off with how boring it is to do anything in OF keeps and you have your answer.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:12 PM by kratoxin
Dominus wrote:
Sun 9 Jun 2019 10:01 PM
yeah, the massive 150 strong hib zerg taking every keep is pretty much getting very tiresome.. Pilz vs. Door and he seems to suck 1/3 of the realm with him to help. guess what guys, when people stop doing the PvR game you wont have much to do. Maybe NF will help? Not sure when someone seemingly has so much time to just take keeps day in and day out... for me, it becomes sooo boring.

With the RP gain for keep takes Pilz has been in top 5 rp holder for a bit now LOL... doubt he will change his mind with EZ rp gain.... :/ maybe massively reduce RP gain for keep takes and he will start to back off LOL
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:36 PM by Beren
Pilzpower built his own standing from scratch. At first it was very hard for him to get Hibs into the BG of this odd low RR Ani.
But he persisted, he just carried on his vision and then the ball somewhere on the road got rolling.
He learned to lead the big encounters and the big zergfights and it is just fun in his BG.
He's a gentle soul too, not yelling at anyone, but encouraging players to follow him.
That is a big part of his success.
Now Hibs will follow him blindly. It is more than earned, not many have the right character and qualities for it.

He does a great service to the game as a whole, in that he's offering a spot for all characters from lvl 35+ on in big rvr.
Many of whom would be lost for the game, when they come out of the battlegrounds-era and have to realize, that they cannot compete at the milegates and vs. the 8mans roaming arround.

And now you can belittle him again and make his efforts a crude bashing against keep doors thing:
Fact is, you couldn't very likely do, what he does.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:39 PM by kratoxin
we don't care what he does, just pointing an obvious fact, remove RP's earned from keep takes ALONE to reduce hib zerg taking every single keep out there and give people CRAZY amounts of RP's, PERIOD.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:06 PM by Pops999
130 people playing their way. Nerf it because it isn't your way.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:51 PM by Bumbles
Pops999 wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:06 PM

Where did I say Nerf it? Just stating facts. If you can't handle the obvious correlation between the EU Hibs on live and the Eu hibs here then put down the booze...
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:52 PM by Bumbles
Beren wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:36 PM
Pilzpower built his own standing from scratch. At first it was very hard for him to get Hibs into the BG of this odd low RR Ani.
But he persisted, he just carried on his vision and then the ball somewhere on the road got rolling.
He learned to lead the big encounters and the big zergfights and it is just fun in his BG.
He's a gentle soul too, not yelling at anyone, but encouraging players to follow him.
Now Hibs will follow him blindly. It is more than earned, not many have the right character and qualities for it.

He does a great service to the game as a whole, in that he's offering a spot for all characters from lvl 35+ on in big rvr.
Many of whom would be lost for the game, when they come out of the battlegrounds-era and have to realize, that they cannot compete at the milegates and vs. the 8mans roaming arround.

And now you can belittle him again and make his efforts a crude bashing against keep doors thing:

Actually BG leading is not hard at all. It's so basic and that's why bad players can do it.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:55 PM by Pops999
Bumbles wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:51 PM
Pops999 wrote:

Where did I say Nerf it? Just stating facts. If you can't handle the obvious correlation between the EU Hibs on live and the Eu hibs here then put down the booze...

You are the one that can't handle it seems from your starting a thread to cry about it.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 3:05 PM by chryso
Am I seriously seeing ,"Waah, other people do stuff that I find boring, make them stop!"
Inconceivable.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 3:16 PM by Horus
I dunno, I was a part of a couple fun fights yesterday. Mid repelled the pilzpower BG twice at Crim.

Sometimes you outnumber your foes, sometimes you don't. I've been rolled by Grumpybutt many a time as the lone Ranger defending Crauch against the mid zerg..

Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:00 PM by sugaree
Pilz is Hibernia's national treasure.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:05 PM by Bumbles
Pops999 wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:55 PM
Bumbles wrote:
Pops999 wrote:

You are the one that can't handle it seems from your starting a thread to cry about it.

Cry? No. Thinking you EU Hibs are all the same and pathetic? Yes.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:12 PM by Gweinyth
You say that the EU Hibs are the mass zerg in RVR but the numbers don't really support that. There are often 70 - 120 Mids out taking keeps just as quickly as the hibs. It is also so much easier to defend a keep than to take one from a defender. I think someone mentioned, try defended one. Just because 200+ players are not playing the way you think they should you want to somehow make it less enjoyable to them.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:15 PM by Bumbles
Gweinyth wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:12 PM
You say that the EU Hibs are the mass zerg in RVR but the numbers don't really support that. There are often 70 - 120 Mids out taking keeps just as quickly as the hibs. It is also so much easier to defend a keep than to take one from a defender. I think someone mentioned, try defended one. Just because 200+ players are not playing the way you think they should you want to somehow make it less enjoyable to them.

Issue I see is when mass zergs avoid each other. And be honest do you really enjoy PvEing keeps? Is it really that enjoyable? I highly doubt it is.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:25 PM by Saroi
I have been on Gorion BG Keeptake(Albion) the last few days and had a few fights vs. Pilzpower BG. Was actually fun and nice fights. Never seen any Mid BG though.

So I don't mind Pilzpower BG, better than having all 3 Zergs in one zone because especially Mids are not capable of leaving Emain for some reason.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:42 PM by snayan17
Saroi wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:25 PM
I have been on Gorion BG Keeptake(Albion) the last few days and had a few fights vs. Pilzpower BG. Was actually fun and nice fights. Never seen any Mid BG though.

So I don't Pilzpower BG, better than having all 3 Zergs in one zone because especially Mids are not capable of leaving Emain for some reason.

Mid zerg still hasent figured out how to leave emain.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:27 PM by Beren
Bumbles wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:05 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Bumbles wrote:

A negative character like that could never lead a BG like that successfully or be beneficial to the game and the players. But we also need those types, we need all types, that makes the game interesting and populated.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:43 PM by Bumbles
Beren wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:27 PM
Bumbles wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:05 PM
Pops999 wrote:

A negative character like that could never lead a BG like that successfully or be beneficial to the game and the players. But we also need those types, we need all types, that makes the game interesting and populated.

hehe you talk about being beneficial to the game as if you played straight through on Live and actually supported the game since release. Most likely you came back to the shards once it was free to play. But I appreciate your positive outlook on things. And you are correct, we need all types.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 10:31 PM by Gweinyth
I am not technical enough to post the screen shots I just took. As of 6:15 P.M. EDT Hib currently controls 5 keeps, Mid has 9 and Alb has 7. Based on the time of day it is you definitely cannot claim the "Hib Euros" are the only ones taking keeps. Again the numbers show that Mid and Alb are out there in big enough numbers to take the keeps and want to take keeps. Controlling the keeps, controls the ports. This is all part of the game.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 6:01 AM by Thaelion
When I read that, I just find it sad that crying. I have played DAOC time of beta and the Zergs just belong to it, that's what DAOC is all about.
Just because the Hibs can organize themselves doesn't mean you have to howl.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 9:34 AM by Freedomcall
Bumbles wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:52 PM
Beren wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:36 PM

Actually BG leading is not hard at all. It's so basic and that's why bad players can do it.

Then why i see so many bg leaders fail and rage quit? *shrug*
I play all 3 realms and have been in lots of bgs in all 3 realms. I've also seen Pilz leading in the past as one of the guys posted above. He was litterally doing PvD avoiding all the zergs and hibs werent happy with it. But he actually improved his leadership while leading many keeptakes.
Few days ago i was playing mid among the mid zerg and we defeated pilz twice in hibland. Every mids said that now Pilz will dodge and move to alb or mid, but he ambushed us in crim and finally we were wiped.
I personally think Pilz is one of the best zerg leaders in Phoenix. Im tired of mid zerg leaders being so irritated and blaming players in their BG for the loss of their fight. And you think you can lead better than those mid BG leaders? give it a try.
BG leaders could be a low-skilled player regarding 8v8, but leading 100+ ppl requires totally different skills and peronality. and pilz is one of the guys who is managing that very well.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 12:34 PM by Siouxsie
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 9:34 AM
I play all 3 realms and have been in lots of bgs in all 3 realms. I've also seen Pilz leading in the past as one of the guys posted above. He was litterally doing PvD avoiding all the zergs and hibs werent happy with it. But he actually improved his leadership while leading many keeptakes.
Few days ago i was playing mid among the mid zerg and we defeated pilz twice in hibland. Every mids said that now Pilz will dodge and move to alb or mid, but he ambushed us in crim and finally we were wiped.
I personally think Pilz is one of the best zerg leaders in Phoenix. Im tired of mid zerg leaders being so irritated and blaming players in their BG for the loss of their fight. And you think you can lead better than those mid BG leaders? give it a try.
BG leaders could be a low-skilled player regarding 8v8, but leading 100+ ppl requires totally different skills and peronality. and pilz is one of the guys who is managing that very well.

Have been in Mid BGs where the BG leader says: CHARGE and no one goes in.
It's because the hibs have set up shrooms in the courtyard and you can't actually get in to defend.
Even if you have SOS, you can't always count on clicking the door will let you in. Meanwhile, SOS wore off or hibs damaged you so much you die at the door.

So what happens if you make it into the keep? Animists put shrooms in windows and there's TWFs and eventually they break the door down and you die.

Speaking as a hunter, Volley is useless. It doesn't damage shrooms that well, and most players unless they're AFK just get healed or heal themselves (Hib has like 6 or 8 classes that can heal, which is stupidly imbalanced as it is let along getting Ichor and stuff.. but that's for another thread)
Tue 11 Jun 2019 2:09 PM by Freedomcall
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 12:34 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

It's because the hibs have set up shrooms in the courtyard and you can't actually get in to defend.
Even if you have SOS, you can't always count on clicking the door will let you in. Meanwhile, SOS wore off or hibs damaged you so much you die at the door.

So what happens if you make it into the keep? Animists put shrooms in windows and there's TWFs and eventually they break the door down and you die.

Speaking as a hunter, Volley is useless. It doesn't damage shrooms that well, and most players unless they're AFK just get healed or heal themselves (Hib has like 6 or 8 classes that can heal, which is stupidly imbalanced as it is let along getting Ichor and stuff.. but that's for another thread)

Youre saying that decision/order of the bg leader was wrong then. Another proof that leading bg isn't easy and any noobs can't do it. *shrug*
Dunno why you wrote so much that isn't within my topic thou.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 10:09 PM by djegu
It's not fun to not have DF, but kudos to pilzpower, whether you like it or not, what he did is impressive, a true leader.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:05 PM by Gweinyth
Siouxsie wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

Playing hib I obviously have a different opinion as I just watched one group of BD's wipe our bg with TWF in a tower. Yes we had animist and shrooms but they can't compete with the BD's and 8 TWF hitting the tower.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:14 PM by Gweinyth
Just finished a run with a Pilz bg. We had a nice long keep defense fight. Let's see there were 70ish something hibs and 130 mids. Tell me again how the hib zerg is soooo large.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 6:45 AM by Siouxsie
Gweinyth wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:14 PM
Just finished a run with a Pilz bg. We had a nice long keep defense fight. Let's see there were 70ish something hibs and 130 mids. Tell me again how the hib zerg is soooo large.

You had about 120 a few hours before that.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 7:17 AM by dbeattie71
Gweinyth wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:05 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

Playing hib I obviously have a different opinion as I just watched one group of BD's wipe our bg with TWF in a tower. Yes we had animist and shrooms but they can't compete with the BD's and 8 TWF hitting the tower.

BDs are only for farming. 😂
Wed 12 Jun 2019 12:30 PM by Lillebror
They can only take them once.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 2:28 PM by Gweinyth
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2019 6:45 AM
Gweinyth wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:14 PM

You had about 120 a few hours before that.

That is still not a massive larger bg. That would make it about equal numbers.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 2:34 PM by labova
Fair play to Pilz, I play Mid, and he gets the hibzerg going.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:21 PM by Mac
My hats off to Pilzpower. I have been focused on Hib for the past few months and I often join his BGs. What he does in organizing and leading the Zerg night after night is amazing.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:36 PM by BisbyHoughton
hey u guys stop playin this game else u gon kil it
Sat 15 Jun 2019 11:03 AM by kalimah
I have great fun in Pilzpowers /bg. After the Hibs take all the keeps and get ALL THOSE RP's, Albs will retake those keeps and GET ALL THOSE RP's. Mids will also get ALL THOSE RP'S. Take the RP's away from keep taking. ... NOT. You sound like such a whiny lil b#$&_.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:27 AM by Moid
I must admit that the posts on this forum have made me realize that the problem with DAoC isn’t only DAoC, it’s also the players. This is a post made by someone who is angry that people aren’t playing the game the way he wants it to be played. He’s angry that people are out RvRing and he doesn’t approve of the way they RvR.

The only thing I can reasonably take away from his post is that he’d rather see fewer people out in RvR zones or maybe he would rather see them all running in 8 man groups or maybe solo. We are left only with assumptions because all the original poster did really was cry.

I recognize now that part of the reason DAoC is such a disfuctional mess is not only due to idiots like Mark Jacobs but also due to the players. I always thought that Mythic put overpowered classes/abilities in the game with each new expansion because they wanted to appease their customers with a new carrot. Now I realize that’s true, that it wasn’t due to lack of testing that new overpowered stuff made it into game with each expansion, it was absolutely intentional.

DAoC players will cry and whine for anything and everything which might give them any advantage over their competitors and they aren’t the least bit shy about it. I now wonder what did more damage to the game in the long run, the players or Mythic?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:48 AM by Thaelion
No art when many only 50% active games :-D

In the Zerg you have unfortunately often the problem that many do not play actively. I had the last days unfortunately again and again players who only hang on to one and do no actions...
Mon 17 Jun 2019 6:42 AM by Stoertebecker
Moid wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:27 AM
I recognize now that part of the reason DAoC is such a disfuctional mess is not only due to idiots like Mark Jacobs but also due to the players. I always thought that Mythic put overpowered classes/abilities in the game with each new expansion because they wanted to appease their customers with a new carrot. Now I realize that’s true, that it wasn’t due to lack of testing that new overpowered stuff made it into game with each expansion, it was absolutely intentional.

DAoC players will cry and whine for anything and everything which might give them any advantage over their competitors and they aren’t the least bit shy about it. I now wonder what did more damage to the game in the long run, the players or Mythic?

There would be no DAoC at all without this *idiot*, but i`m pretty sure you`d have done better. Which of the many mmorpg did you invent or were part of the development team? It`s easy to criticize other ppl, sitting in my 500$ chair at my 5000$ rig, ranting about how dumb other ppl were in the past. Not much effort needed.
DO it better, from scratch and the way that 19 years later a handful of ppl are still playing (and paying). And if you fail, stand up and try it again after a break.

No? Aha, that`s what i´ve thought....

Which gaming company in the mmorpg scene didn`t introduce new *inventions* with each addon/expansion that were not *over the top* compared to the older stuff?
None of the games i`ve played within the last 20 years.....

But you are correct, it wasn`t Mythics fault alone that DAoC went this way, it`s us...the players, to a large extent.
You can see that here on Phoenix and on Live. I`ve seen that within the first 2 years of ESO and i`ve seen ( and still see) that in Camelot Unchanied.
The only exception where the staff/development team said NO is Uthgard, and look where they are now.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:30 PM by Bumbles
Moid wrote:
I must admit that the posts on this forum have made me realize that the problem with DAoC isn’t only DAoC, it’s also the players. This is a post made by someone who is angry that people aren’t playing the game the way he wants it to be played. He’s angry that people are out RvRing and he doesn’t approve of the way they RvR.

The only thing I can reasonably take away from his post is that he’d rather see fewer people out in RvR zones or maybe he would rather see them all running in 8 man groups or maybe solo. We are left only with assumptions because all the original poster did really was cry.

Angry? No. Think it's silly that a 100+ people get together and PvE keeps to make RPs? Yes. Understand the difference. Unless you kill another player no RPs should be made. It's very simple. And my original statement was just that, a statement of facts. There is no debating this. Be it here or on Live EU Hibs love to PvE keeps. Prove me wrong, I'll wait.

Edit: Pilzpower has 7,866,913 RPs. 1,658,640 are from actual kills. 1,480,612 are from tasks. He has almost the same amount of RPs from tasks as he does from actually getting into combat and killing another player..Then take the 4.5 million RPs+ from PvEing doors.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:49 PM by Eldoktor
Simple thing to do : take off the task and rp's from taking keeps....
Indeed it's freaking dumb to make 180K a day with....11K from kills xD ( Pilzpower a few days ago before NF )

The game wasn't intended to be like that guys come on^^
when the hell are you getting rr11 by knocking doors

Tasks are making people dumb as fck!
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:13 PM by woosh
A new low was achieved. People bashing other people for rvr, when this server is going 100km/h into a sure oblivion (well deserved). Just wow. All these people who are so disconnected from common sense. Let me just ask this, how about those amazing 8v1 you see all the time no matter what realm you play ?
I have alts in all 3 realms, I can tell you exactly what's happening without any bias.
Yeah, i'm looking at all these amazing honorable guilds, those valiant defenders of fair fights, the people who talk about their great 8v8 shenanigans and put themselves on somekind of a pedestal on a freaking DAoC abomination shard - these are the same people who will chase a solo for 10 minutes but will absolutely dodge a 8v8 or try to pinch a zerg, for them "fair rvr" actually means mowing down small mans and camping millegates x teleporter keeps over and over again, farming the unfortunate players who actually try to make a run in RVR ...
.... oh, right, we don't talk about that ... but having access to the major Discord channels where fights were being arranged between realms from the start of the server until present day, I can tell you one thing : the hypocrisy displayed by these people is amazing.
While they bash everyone for "adding" or "zerging" or "small-maning" or literally anything that goes against their skewed perspective of things they laugh and joke about each others endeavours (talking about running over soloers etc.) while maintaining their infantile "elite" circlejerk at 100% ... you are bad and you should feel bad. There is zero accomplishment on your toons. Harsh reality : on a handout server that literally gave them rp's for doing nothing, there are the top guilds who feel entitled to dictate others their rules about how rvr should be done ... while they actively did exactly the opposite thing for months. What a bunch of soyboys. You know who you are.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:29 PM by Saroi
Eldoktor wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:49 PM
Indeed it's freaking dumb to make 180K a day with....11K from kills xD ( Pilzpower a few days ago before NF )

The game wasn't intended to be like this? I don't know, it is even worse on live when it was active. It's not like Herorius got rr14 or other people got rr13+ because of kills. Farming towers and rvr quests with his zerg was a long common thing to do. Last time I checked you got like 15k rp's from doing a RvR quest and there were a few of them.

I also remember when there was like the supply farming quest in DC/Beno/Bled and you basically saw people farming there 24/7 or later on by the docks in Ellan. Gets you rp's and bp's.

There were always other ways to farm a lot of rp's besides doing actual RvR vs. players. I don't see why this is suddenly a problem here on phoenix?

It is up for the other realms to defend.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:45 PM by Eldoktor
Saroi wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:29 PM
Eldoktor wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:49 PM

The game wasn't intended to be like this? I don't know, it is even worse on live when it was active. It's not like Herorius got rr14 or other people got rr13+ because of kills. Farming towers and rvr quests with his zerg was a long common thing to do. Last time I checked you got like 15k rp's from doing a RvR quest and there were a few of them.

I also remember when there was like the supply farming quest in DC/Beno/Bled and you basically saw people farming there 24/7 or later on by the docks in Ellan. Gets you rp's and bp's.

There were always other ways to farm a lot of rp's besides doing actual RvR vs. players. I don't see why this is suddenly a problem here on phoenix?

It is up for the other realms to defend.

the BS started when EA came in
before that it wasn't any problem.....then they started to give FREE RPS to morons afk doors...So yeah before that taking keeps wouldn't give you any chance to make nearly 200K a day

The task are just the same BS they did on live, rewarding people for PVE'in instead of trying to fight players!!!
It's like the useless coop server....PVE gave you items or whatever you could trade for rps....
Holy shit that's nothing like PVP ! it's Player vs DOOR!
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:52 PM by Ashenspire
Options for Hib in Old Frontiers:

- Spend 5-7 minutes running to Emain and getting zerged down and getting nothing.

- Form a Zerg and take keeps for RP gain greater than zero.

I know which one id pick.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:29 PM by MyCatKevin
Bumbles wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:30 PM
Moid wrote:

Angry? No. Think it's silly that a 100+ people get together and PvE keeps to make RPs? Yes. Understand the difference. Unless you kill another player no RPs should be made. It's very simple. And my original statement was just that, a statement of facts. There is no debating this. Be it here or on Live EU Hibs love to PvE keeps. Prove me wrong, I'll wait.

Edit: Pilzpower has 7,866,913 RPs. 1,658,640 are from actual kills. 1,480,612 are from tasks. He has almost the same amount of RPs from tasks as he does from actually getting into combat and killing another player..Then take the 4.5 million RPs+ from PvEing doors.

If people are so angry he's making RPs from taking keeps, maybe people should show up and stop him from taking keeps? Looked like it worked pretty well during the NF test.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:51 PM by Moid
If people are so angry he's making RPs from taking keeps, maybe people should show up and stop him from taking keeps? Looked like it worked pretty well during the NF test.

That would involve competition. They wouldn’t be able to run over a solo with their small man or 8 man. They wouldn’t be able to gank a green con. The wouldn’t be able to gank a RR1 with their RR7+. But let’s not be deceptive, that is precisely what these people want. They want an advantage and they aren’t shy about asking for it. Sure they will lie, cheat, and steal if necessary to get an advantage but they won’t hesitate to do so.

It isn’t good enough for them to have 100+ targets in RvR zones. They want 100+ extremely low RR solo targets in RvR zones, preferably all green con with lower level gear dropped from mobs. These people aren’t asking for a fair fight because they don’t want a fair fight, they want to win at all costs.

It’s the dumbest freaking whine I’ve seen in a while but I’m not surprised to see the whine being made by an Alb or Mid and being made against Hib. There’s plenty of that going around. I wonder if the guy who posted this is the same idiot who posted the nerf Hib salvage whine.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:02 PM by stinsfire
MyCatKevin wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:29 PM
Bumbles wrote:
Moid wrote:

Because NF keeps can actually be defended unlike these nonsense keeps in OF. I hope NF get introduced and solves this PvDoor mess where 150 hibs try to find keeps without defenders instead of actually fighting the 50 people defending the keep. Being able to port from Keep to Keep and not only from Portal Keep really makes it harder to PvDoor.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:02 AM by Moid
Dopey whine post #1
Hero did it for years on Live and it ruined play for so many on the server, now Pilzpower is going to do it here. It's not a coincidence that it's the same time and same realm....

Dopey reply post #infinite

Fact? No. Obviously you wouldn’t know the difference between a fact and an opinion if you spent 12 years in college, Ivy League even.

I see from your crying that you don’t approve of people getting realm points from taking a keep. Lots of people don’t approve of people getting realm points from killing green cons, or small manning soloers, or 8 maning soloers or duos or trios or small mans. Some people don’t approve of RR10 8-mans running over low RR 8-mans. Here’s the thing that you are incapable of understanding, the game is designed for all of those scenarios and more. Here’s another thing you are incapable of understanding, DAoC is not Call of Duty, DAoC isn’t Fortnite, DAoC isn’t ____________.

You want Phoenix to be a game in which only player kills grant realm points and it makes you angry that it isn’t. Angry enough to come here and post on this forum. Angry enough for you to rabidly reply to many who don’t share your wish.

I think it’s retard to wish for something that would reduce the opportunity to engage in RvR. I think people like you are destructive to the game. I think it’s beyond stupid to complain about something you can easily avoid while playing the game the way you like to play it. But then again I don’t believe you are complaining about something you can avoid, I think you’re complaining because in some way keep taking affects your play in a negative way which you have made sure to avoid divulging.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:17 AM by Bumbles
Moid wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:02 AM
Dopey whine post #1

Dopey reply post #infinite

Fact? No. Obviously you wouldn’t know the difference between a fact and an opinion if you spent 12 years in college, Ivy League even.

I see from your crying that you don’t approve of people getting realm points from taking a keep. Lots of people don’t approve of people getting realm points from killing green cons, or small manning soloers, or 8 maning soloers or duos or trios or small mans. Some people don’t approve of RR10 8-mans running over low RR 8-mans. Here’s the thing that you are incapable of understanding, the game is designed for all of those scenarios and more. Here’s another thing you are incapable of understanding, DAoC is not Call of Duty, DAoC isn’t Fortnite, DAoC isn’t ____________.

You want Phoenix to be a game in which only player kills grant realm points and it makes you angry that it isn’t. Angry enough to come here and post on this forum. Angry enough for you to rabidly reply to many who don’t share your wish.

I think it’s retard to wish for something that would reduce the opportunity to engage in RvR. I think people like you are destructive to the game. I think it’s beyond stupid to complain about something you can easily avoid while playing the game the way you like to play it. But then again I don’t believe you are complaining about something you can avoid, I think you’re complaining because in some way keep taking affects your play in a negative way which you have made sure to avoid divulging.

Looks like I hit a nerve. Maybe you should take a timeout and count to ten. By the looks of you last few posts here you are very angry this evening. Let me just be the first to say it will be okay. Nerd.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:33 AM by woosh
actually it looks like HE hit a nerve and you're just seething at this point, but, you know - who are we to judge ?
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:43 PM by Bumbles
woosh wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:33 AM
actually it looks like HE hit a nerve and you're just seething at this point, but, you know - who are we to judge ?

You're adorable. My anger is so transparent. This thread makes me laugh because it's basically just a bunch of EU hibs in here raging about being left alone to PvE keeps. For my play-style it doesn't affect me in the least and it actually benefits me. I just find it funny that 6 pages later and people still don't know the difference between someone crying about an aspect of the game and making a simple observation.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 4:00 PM by woosh
I think whats really adorable is the fact that you call that guy a nerd and then spew this crap. You had too many soy lattes, bruv. You're almost growing tits at this point
Tue 18 Jun 2019 4:25 PM by Eldoktor
MyCatKevin wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:29 PM
Bumbles wrote:
Moid wrote:

It's harder to bug abuse with nf keeps
Pilz bg is perma bug abusing lol
Shrooms inside without los
Siege weapons Killing people hiding inside with no windows etc etc

With nf keeps its a lot harder without those perma bug abuse
Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:41 PM by mattymc
Lollie wrote:

Crazy answer --- NF allows you to do just that; it would also be nice to actually get a reasonable defense bonus. Example: Defended an OF keep aginst 2x the number of attackers and got way less RP than I did for retaking an empty keep later -- it's mind numbingly stupid; the purpose of the game is NOT to PvE keeps, but to fight PLAYERS for them -- as constructed, OF doesn't allow nor encourage that...there in lies the problem. Population is sufficient, mostly, to allow for great keep fights IF the mechanic is improved; NF, at least, allows a better chance of that.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:46 PM by Bobbermand
Lollie wrote:

Yeah that would be a silly thing to do:-)
Sun 23 Jun 2019 5:22 PM by Svekt
I think the larger problem here is that barely anyone tries to mobilize and fight back. It's no secret that mids run TG raids and PVE raids almost religiously at the same times daily, and eventually your lack of presence in RvR will be noted. It was noted and taken advantage of. Then it became a routine.

I have also been in Gorion's bg lately to fight pilz and it has been a lot of fun. Point made that all you need is another force in motion.

This game is also about tactics and strategy. If you don't like what they are doing, just smash the piss out of them with a smart strategy. Maybe like taking DC as mentioned earlier to break all bonus rps granted to them from the number of keeps they own. If DC falls they lose all bonus. This is important to note, because the number one complaint is about how quickly the hibs can take 4 keeps in the same zone.... great, you don't need to respond there, just go form up at DC...raid it and hold for the hibs. if they don't come for you just don't even take the other keeps back and he will have nothing to do the next day. I still have yet to get a bubble of xp in DF its really not that important of a zone to worry about having REGULAR access to.

Having played both mid and alb now I can say that its really a communication thing. When I played midgard, they literally had the mentality of we will just take them back when he is done. On alb side, there is very little intel from region/broad and albs literally stand at apk for about 30 mins before moving. If you want to defeat a large force, you have to summon another one.

You guys always complain about not being able to fight larger forces but I watch PK farm zergs every day..... so don't say that it can't be done.

any circle of A graded players can run circles around swarms of B and C graded players. Its simply fact. Just get 2 groups of solid players with coordination and its a wrap for pilz.

I do have to agree that the RP Welfare System currently in place does indeed encourage the keep take behavior. I have had several runs in both Mid and Alb where I log with 20K+ rps and maybe 1-3 kills because nobody showed up to defend. That is absolutely BONKERS to receive 20k rps for beating a couple keep doors down and killing 1 enemy in the process.

Maybe make a keep worth rps only once its achieved a certain level and has defenders. To compliment this you should also make it take longer for a keep to upgrade to level 10, like it should take 2 days before max level. This would change the frequency of how often keeps trade hands as well. The whole purpose of keeps is to hold a strategic point on the map as you get closer and closer to a relic attempt. But lets be honest, relics are simply not worth a copper here on this server.

Keep takes should only be amusing, enjoyable, or fun when there are other enemies there to make it interesting. Otherwise its a waste of pom pots, endo pots, combo forces etc etc. Do I do it, yes... only because it would be absolutely stupid to neglect getting these rps when its what everyone else is doing. Do I like it and where my rps come from... absolutely not.

In the end, the devs can put in whatever incentives they want but it will always be up to the players to decide what actually happens with play style on the server. If we remove the rps they very well may still come and take your keeps everyday just because they know it pisses you all off. Just my 2 cents.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 8:30 AM by Sepplord
the problem with only giving RPs when keeps are defended is that people will go defend even less...because that gives the enemy RP. Just let them take a few empty keeps for no rewards and they will stop....that will be the best defensive strategy
I also hate the medium to high rewards for circleraiding, but i haven't seen a good solution yet

ands mids "problem" mostly is the emain-zerging mentality. Saturday EU-Prime 90+% of mids were ALWAYS in emain. /u showed me around 130mids in the frontiers, and 110-120 of those were in emain. That didn't change for hours. Our 4man went Albion, just to roam without any inc at all, in Odins we met a hib-duo, and an alb-7man-stealthgroup that we beat the first time, then they camped AMG instead of roaming like they tried before
Mon 24 Jun 2019 9:45 AM by Anelyn77
The thing that needs to change isn't the task system, but the players on each realm. You need to work on the social aspect of playing a MMO and encourage your fellow players to join up for realm defense / zerg fights / keep takes w/e. Player mentality and regards to other players on their own realm needs to change. Someone needs to be willing to step up and organize / lead.

Hibs have Pilz, Mid had Ein, no clue who was / is on Alb. Now that Ein is on holidays or stopped playing (supposition on my side, as he wasn't on for at least a week+), our alliance stepped up (Quorum) and we've run alliance BG for realm defense / invade / fight enemy BGs with great success, Khroon + Shelena also lead the mids BG this past weekend when we had the epic battles around DC.

The more we move from: I don't care if Pilz is taking my keeps, I'll just go emain to 1v1 / small men / 8m farm task rpers and what not, to let's start a BG and run into pilz and destroy him - or mids or albs w/e your realm is, the more open fights RvR we will have and more fun, bring more peeps that may shy / not bother with "normal" RvR because being low RR or not temped and getting insta gibbed by RR8+ or duos / small / 8m is not fun, the more activity we will have and less pvedoor.

NF will greatly help with that as is easier to defend and takes longer to completely take a Keep (you could prolly flip an entire area in OF in the time you take 1 keep with towers in NF).

/Bnotashamed 4L7 frostalf Pac Healer + Aisha 5L5 mentalist = LOVE
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics