NF ideas and wishes

Started 18 Jun 2019
by SalidorMacCulloch
in Ask the Team
I personally would like to see NF. OF Has fast fights but it's a zerg fest just about any where you go.

At least NF would help with all types of combat that I saw when I tested NF 1v1 small man 8v8 and zerg. Only wishes I would like to see for NF. Would be:

the towers in the centreal zone have a teleport.

RvR horse would be great help for none speed classes.
Speeds based off realm speed for the fastest horse. And a 20 sec out of combat horse timmer.

Less towers, more so, but not all towers that surround the keep.

Upgraded keeps, and towers

Allow diving in water with water pots. Or at least have a breath Timmer.

Slower respwan on guards. Weaker tower lord captains so small man can at least hit those.

These suggestions is what I heard from the guild /as and alot of friends. I hope if you run NF you'd consider a few of these wishes 🙂
Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:06 PM by gotwqqd
Please lord no underwater swimming or combat
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:02 PM by Isavyr
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:02 PM
the towers in the centreal zone have a teleport.

I disagree. This is a) redundant with keeps and thereforeb) removes value from taking keeps and c) creates too many areas that players might appear. Travel routes need to be restricted with NF, not expanded.

SalidorMacCulloch wrote: RvR horse would be great help for none speed classes.
Speeds based off realm speed for the fastest horse. And a 20 sec out of combat horse timmer.

This is what humors me--on one hand, you advocate expanding the size of NF by making it so players can appear in even more places, and then ask for horses to diminish the effective size of it for small-men. My opinion are that horses do not appear classic, and aren't needed anyway. Let's keep it simple and "classic" themed.

SalidorMacCulloch wrote: Allow diving in water with water pots. Or at least have a breath Timmer.

Water combat is really bad in this game. It's no wonder the Phoenix developers effectively removed it. It's not a strength of DAOC and the game would be better without it, in my opinion.

SalidorMacCulloch wrote: Slower respwan on guards. Weaker tower lord captains so small man can at least hit those.

I think this is already the case. If not, I agree. Towers are intended to be magnets for small-man action. They should work this way.

Thank you for adding to the NF discussion.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:23 PM by shintacki
Absolutely no horses or underwater combat ever imo.

Towers should just take at least twice as long to upgrade and I think that would solve some problems. zergs already stroll through tower guards and captains with no issue so that doesn’t matter. If they upgrade slower then at least smallmans have a bigger window for when they can swoop in and efficiently take a tower. And this way if a tower does manage to make it to level 10 or whatever then it’ll be tough for very small groups to take.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 10:16 PM by gotwqqd
I could see horses being okay.
With the idea that they are preset routes.
Where you can be knocked off by spell or combat.
Same speed as best speed class.

You wanna ride you take the risk.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:46 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 10:16 PM
I could see horses being okay.
With the idea that they are preset routes.
Where you can be knocked off by spell or combat.
Same speed as best speed class.

You wanna ride you take the risk.

nobody would use them, that would mean free rp for assassins
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 AM by Connavar
You don't like underwater combat? Fight on the land instead. You don't need to follow into the water. The diving was a useful way to travel without seen miles away. It helped solos and smaller groups to reach their destination. Yeah, full groups hate them because they miss easy rps.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:11 AM by Sepplord
Connavar wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 AM
You don't like underwater combat? Fight on the land instead. You don't need to follow into the water. The diving was a useful way to travel without seen miles away. It helped solos and smaller groups to reach their destination. Yeah, full groups hate them because they miss easy rps.

everyone hates it because its exploitable as fuck and people like to perfect their abuse when you allow them to
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:12 AM by Runental
Horses worked very well in the late state of Uthgard one.. 20 seconds combat flag timer after fight,- not really a balance breaking feature.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:24 PM by Pedro
Underwater fighting was good, but it was very glitchy. I remember a bug where you had to break the surface line, just dive under, to be able to get LOS, and you if you went above the surface line then you were out of LOS, some people just exploited this going up and down constantly to avoid being hit or casted on.

For midgard and albion it would be a nightmare to try to cross a river and be killed by a shroom farm that's underwater.

But if the bugs with it are fixed, underwater added another layer of tactics to combat, specially during a big and long siege, where all boat routes are camped, going at it underwater it's possible, or to break a sige, an ambushing 1-2fg emerging from the water behind, which sometimes was done by the smaller of the 3 realms.

It has it's plus and cons.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:18 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
My ideas are to help all play styles.

Keep ports in central zone is to help 8man get there 8v8 going. Zergs like the main lands this will help localize the fights.

Horses have never been a game breaker nor changer... it only helped solos get to places faster. So why not. And make it 20 secs after combat great.

Diving... Uthgard was able to fix this bug. Making it possible to attack people no matter if u where above or below the water line. And with the team we have here I belive they can easily do this.

My suggestions are based for All play styles. Trying to help everyone. And not soo focused on one group. When I run solo on my warrior there are key areas I know where to avoid. And when I'm in a 8 man key spots that I know I won't get zerged down. And it seems most people that are not one sided and just fixed in one play style agrees.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 9:45 PM by Fugax
I'm am just gonna end this argument right now in regards to any nerd stating "This isn't Classic". This wasn't a "classic" server when it went Live in Jan due to New RA's!
Thu 20 Jun 2019 10:09 PM by Toobad
Maybe instead of adding mounts, we simply add the BP speed potions. These worked effectively for solo and small man who may not have a speed class with them.

Other things I like for NF:
1. Reduce guards and re-spawn at towers and keeps. At least do this for towers. Also, LOS needs to be fixed so archer guards can't simply shoot you even when they can't see you.

2. I am open either way on diving provided they can figure out the exploits (from listed above, the Uthgard team did).

3. Enable stealthing on a boat after being visible when getting on, or buffing while on boat. When NF was up, you got a "can't stealth while on a siege engine"

4. Seems that OF promotes more Xpers than NF, it would be nice to see more incentive for XP in NF

5. Provide tasks around both keep/tower takes, as well as longer term realm-wide tasks (e.g. taking a relic, taking a number of keeps, etc.)

Anyway, just a few ideas
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics