Why are crit shots from stealth evadable?

Started 17 Jun 2019
by nixxo87
in Suggestions
am i a joke to you.jpg?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:34 AM by Numatic
Because crit shot isnt a stealth opener like PA.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:30 AM by Turano
Numatic wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:34 AM
Because crit shot isnt a stealth opener like PA.
Pretty much this.
Crit shot is a normal bow shot with longer aim time and a garanteed 100% crit. No more, no less
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:34 AM by Warlay
On this server also pa get evaded way to often
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:37 AM by Turano
Warlay wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:34 AM
One of mine was never evaded so far if I set them up correctly
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:42 AM by Sepplord
Turano wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:37 AM
Warlay wrote:

yeah, are you sure Warlay that you weren't strafing in combat or something like that, borked the PA and the unstyled swing got evaded?

I thought a PA of mine got blocked once, but when i checked the log i was strafing
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:35 PM by Horus
Seeing a crit shot evaded from stealth with a 4.35% evade chance makes baby Jebus cry..
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:25 PM by Loki
PA can't be evaded
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:11 AM by Siouxsie
It's because nightshades evade rate is too high: 36.6%.

Apparently crit shots are evaluated as a 'normal melee thing' not super preciousssss like PA (which can't be evaded, blocked, parried, or bubbled).

I think this is wrong behavior. If I set up a crit shot, it should hit, whether the person is stealthed or not, or an OP nightshade with high evade rate or not.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 AM by Turano
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:11 AM
I think this is wrong behavior. If I set up a crit shot, it should hit, whether the person is stealthed or not, or an OP nightshade with high evade rate or not.
And why exactly? It has incredible range, does more damage and has absolutely no requirements.
Now you also want it to have the same defence penetration as a meele style that has to be used from stealth and from in front of the target.

Sure, any more wishes while we are at it?
Unpurgeable instant stun would be nice, just in case someone actually gets into meele range with you.
Or how about a pet that can be instantly summoner, does about 100 damage per hit and runs after enemies with sprint speed so you can kite them indefinitely while your pet kills them. Wait, you already have that
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:04 AM by Warlay
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:42 AM
Turano wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:37 AM
Warlay wrote:

yeah, are you sure Warlay that you weren't strafing in combat or something like that, borked the PA and the unstyled swing got evaded?

I thought a PA of mine got blocked once, but when i checked the log i was strafing

It's 1-2 months ago when I quitted but I had several situation where it got evaded with a evade chance of 1% or something like that. Don't like this rng of this server it's way off then normal.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:10 AM by Turano
Where am I whining? And where is your answer to my question?
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:21 AM by Druth
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:09 AM
Turano wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 AM
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:11 AM
And why exactly? It has incredible range, does more damage and has absolutely no requirements.
Now you also want it to have the same defence penetration as a meele style that has to be used from stealth and from in front of the target.

Unpurgeable instant stun would be nice, just in case someone actually gets into meele range with you.
Or how about a pet that can be instantly summoner, does about 100 damage per hit and runs after enemies with sprint speed so you can kite them indefinitely while your pet kills them. Wait, you already have that

Seriously? You're a NS and you're whining about Hunters!?
Just walk up to them and wtfpwn them as you normally do.
NS swings and evades more than a hunter can ever do.. even using purge and IP3, I die to a NS that has about 50-75% HP left.

Crit shots should not be evadable. Crit shots come out of the blue when you're not in melee.. how are you supposed to evade an arrow you don't know is coming?

The game mechanics suck here.

As much as I hate agreeing with an assassin, and even a OF-lover one... (friendly joke...)
Crit shot is pretty damn strong as it is. Compared to PA, it has range, no stealth req., can be pre-loaded (fun stuff being insta hit for 500 in keep fights). Sure PA has stun followup, but especially with NF my thane was hardly ever PA'd, assassins had to actually work to land that style.

Archer is a long range class, assassin is a melee, two different strengths, and if one could beat the other in their game, it would be "The game mechanics suck here.".
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:26 AM by Siouxsie
Druth wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:21 AM
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:09 AM
Turano wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 AM

Seriously? You're a NS and you're whining about Hunters!?
Just walk up to them and wtfpwn them as you normally do.
NS swings and evades more than a hunter can ever do.. even using purge and IP3, I die to a NS that has about 50-75% HP left.

Crit shots should not be evadable. Crit shots come out of the blue when you're not in melee.. how are you supposed to evade an arrow you don't know is coming?

The game mechanics suck here.

As much as I hate agreeing with an assassin, and even a OF-lover one... (friendly joke...)
Crit shot is pretty damn strong as it is. Compared to PA, it has range, no stealth req., can be pre-loaded (fun stuff being insta hit for 500 in keep fights). Sure PA has stun followup, but especially with NF my thane was hardly ever PA'd, assassins had to actually work to land that style.

Archer is a long range class, assassin is a melee, two different strengths, and if one could beat the other in their game, it would be "The game mechanics suck here.".

Without abilities like Truesight (Stealth Lore pots are useless), no archer is going to be able to crit shot an assassin in stealth unless the assassin is asleep or AFK.

If I encounter an assassin in stealth and I'm stealthed too, they will just close the 250 units or whatever it is to drop me in melee.
Even if I were to fire a shot off, they would just evade it anyway.

Still shitty game mechanics.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:47 AM by Sepplord
why emphathis on "here" though?

critshot being evadeable isn't a custom change
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:03 PM by Druth
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:26 AM
Without abilities like Truesight (Stealth Lore pots are useless), no archer is going to be able to crit shot an assassin in stealth unless the assassin is asleep or AFK.

If I encounter an assassin in stealth and I'm stealthed too, they will just close the 250 units or whatever it is to drop me in melee.

The biggest fault DaoC players ever did, in the name of balance, was to assume that their class had to perform 1v1 vs. other classes.
Mentally focus on your strengths, and stop thinking about what you can't beat.

Just imagine a DaoC where all class were equal in strength in all situations.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:13 PM by Turano
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:26 AM

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9280
Watch and learn
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:32 PM by Numatic
The fact remains, crit shot does not require stealth. It also has more range than any class in the game (damage ability wise), can be used while stealthed, and hits for more than PA. These things considered, it's the reason why it doesnt negate defenses.

As for PA not landing

https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_Notes:_Version_1.39

Particularly this part
When an Assassin class (i.e. Infiltrator, Shadowblade, Nightshade) attacks from a hidden position (i.e. when doing a critical strike backstab), the attack cannot be parried, evaded, blocked or bladeturned. Please note that the attacker can simply miss, however, which leaves a bladeturn active.

So basically, you CAN miss a PA (although I dont recall ever outright missing). But other than that it cant be evaded, blocked, or parried. If it is, its because you messed up (or game lag).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics