If you keep OF are you going to continue to allow tanks to climb walls?

Started 19 Jun 2019
by Horus
in Ask the Team
Just curious....

Spoiler: I hope the answer is no.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:52 PM by Bobbahunter
I don’t have a class that can climb but I hope they still allow it. Adds that little bit extra excitement to the boring door banging that goes on.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 6:10 PM by Horus
I dunno...it is not a big deal with the NF keep design but it is quite OP for OF. Especially since Mid has debateably the 2 best tanks in the game and they can climb walls now. Damn near impossible to mount a keep defense against D1. Casters can't kite on keep walls. Get a couple tanks up there with healer support and it is lights out. Also it pretty much makes the whole OF 2 door keep design kaput. You already have a situation where both doors are being multi rammed with ease. They already have siege equipment they can run.

Keep defenders should have bit of an advantage. Right now it is pretty much impossible to defend a keep unless you have greater numbers. It was bad enough to be on the walls with SBs/Infilts/NS/Minsts at least they are little squishy and often w/out healer support.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:28 PM by Pendalith
Let everyone climb walls
Thu 20 Jun 2019 1:44 PM by Horus
Pendalith wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:28 PM
Let everyone climb walls

Siege ladders!

Thu 20 Jun 2019 2:03 PM by Fugax
but tank's climbing walls wasn't part of "classic"... "GASP!
Thu 20 Jun 2019 7:26 PM by Druth
Yeah, lets have keep takes only be fun for casters.

Tanks can be the ones serving refreshments, while casters battle it out.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:16 PM by Horus
Druth wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 7:26 PM

Run siege?
Run ram?
Clear guards?
Push?
Clear wall after D1 is down?
Clear lord room?

I think everyone has their part to play. What is a ranged class supposed to do when they are defending and can't even stay on the walls when D1 is up?
Or the idea of 2 doors becomes worthless because both can be easily knocked down at the same time?

If you must keep this custom change in (which makes no sense for OF), make it one or the other, zerks or savages, but not both. The patch notes say it was put in for Molvik...not permanent.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:42 PM by Cadebrennus
Horus wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:16 PM
Druth wrote:

Run siege?
Run ram?
Clear guards?
Push?
Clear lord room?

I think everyone has their part to play. What is a ranged class supposed to do when they are defending and can't even stay on the walls when D1 is up?
Or the idea of 2 doors becomes worthless because both can be easily knocked down at the same time?

If you must keep this custom change in (which makes no sense for OF), make it one or the other, zerks or savages, but not both. The patch notes say it was put in for Molvik...not permanent.

It does make far more sense for light tanks to be able to climb walls than for heavy tanks to climb walls.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 5:03 AM by Druth
Horus wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:16 PM
Druth wrote:

Run siege?
Run ram?
Clear guards?
Push?
Clear lord room?

Those things you describe sounds really exciting in a PvP game, and I agree vs. an undefended keep having to do all those amazing things sounds vastly superior to not doing it, but with any defenders I think most people wants to be able to fight enemies controlled by a human.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone having no light tanks as chars, and yet I manage to see why I like them having things to do.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:44 AM by Sepplord
light tanks should lose it and fulltanks should get it...

it's not about realism, nothing in this game is about realism

it's about balancing and giving underpopulated/unpreferred characters more/better things to do
Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:39 PM by chryso
Give it to thanes, valewalkers and friars.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:57 PM by Ashenspire
chryso wrote:
Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:39 PM
Give it to thanes, valewalkers and friars.

All three of them have something to do besides sit in a ran or slap a door in keep fights.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics