OFEXIT Is Comming

Started 18 Jun 2019
by Roto23
in RvR
Just like BREXIT, the silent majority will vote OF in.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:47 PM by Anelyn77
Hey I voted 1 by mistake, being spammed by pms / guild chat / disco chat. I want my X back <3

/Bnotashamed + Aicha = LOVE!
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:57 PM by cere2
Did you mean they will vote NF in?

Otherwise title is misleading....
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:58 PM by Horus
I prefer NF but hey whatever keeps the most people RvR active.

I think if some of the folks clinging to OF would have given NF a legit chance they (like myself) might have discovered they actually like it better...

Guess we'll see where the numbers fall...

BTW how is that Brexit thing working out? Seems the leaders are doing their best to ignore the will of the people...
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:21 PM by Roto23
cere2 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:57 PM

I meant they will vote OF in
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:50 PM by stinsfire
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:21 PM
cere2 wrote:

But OF is status quo.. for a brexit analogy they have to vote for NF
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:12 PM by nyght999
Horus wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:58 PM

I think if some of the folks clinging to OF would have given NF a legit chance they (like myself) might have discovered they actually like it better...

BTW how is that Brexit thing working out? Seems the leaders are doing their best to ignore the will of the people...

Some of us gave nf a chance back before and when it was changed over on the live servers. It was the main reason I quit the game then. Some of us just don't and never will like it.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:44 PM by Roto23
stinsfire wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:50 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:21 PM
cere2 wrote:

But OF is status quo.. for a brexit analogy they have to vote for NF
Some people look at the phrase "brexit" to mean an unexpected result. That's what I was after. Ya see, it was a fore gone conclusion that the UK would vote to stay in the euro union. But when the votes got counted it was the opposite. Please, no more Brexit police, My post title is correct.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:08 PM by Miiro
nyght999 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:12 PM
Horus wrote:

Some of us gave nf a chance back before and when it was changed over on the live servers. It was the main reason I quit the game then. Some of us just don't and never will like it.

You mean you tried something over 10 years ago and didn't like it . So you arent even willing to try it here even though its not the same as it was when it was released.

Neat.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:44 PM by Turano
Miiro wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:08 PM
nyght999 wrote:
Horus wrote:

You mean you tried something over 10 years ago and didn't like it . So you arent even willing to try it here even though its not the same as it was when it was released.

Neat.
what has changed? They added an island connecting the 3 zones and cut the bridge houses down

I tried NF last week again and I still don't like it. Nothing has changed, it's either zerging for keeps (soloing at keeps is impossible here thanks to riddiculous guards) or getting added/zerged at bridges or docks.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:26 PM by Roto23
IseBankMiceElff wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:16 PM
I wonder what the age group is of people that want one or the other.

we definitely need more demographics. I bet Hibs vote NF because they are sick of the run to OF emain.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:37 PM by teiloh
Horus wrote:

I gave OF a chance for years.

I ****ing hate it.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:07 PM by Bumbles
Turano wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:44 PM
Miiro wrote:
nyght999 wrote:

Neat.
what has changed? They added an island connecting the 3 zones and cut the bridge houses down

I tried NF last week again and I still don't like it. Nothing has changed, it's either zerging for keeps (soloing at keeps is impossible here thanks to riddiculous guards) or getting added/zerged at bridges or docks.

You realize that the Devs here once again made all these silly custom changes to NF for the test correct? The Keep guards were ridiculous and there were waaaaay too many who would aggro from insane distances even without los. Oil was insta kill and over the top, Sneaks had no place in these custom NF keeps but it's a playground for sneaks on live. The inability to break towers to prevent camping for hours on end was removed as well as the ability to put holes in the side of keeps for another access point. Not that any of these things would change you mind about what you prefer I just thought it was a shame to see what the Devs presented as NF is really just another Phoenix custom version. These changes really did alter how NF played.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:11 PM by stinsfire
Turano wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:44 PM
Miiro wrote:
nyght999 wrote:

Neat.

it's either zerging for keeps (soloing at keeps is impossible here thanks to riddiculous guards) or getting added/zerged at bridges or docks.

Unlike OF where it's either zerging for keeps (which are extremely weak and can hardly be defended) or getting added/zerged at Milegates or Porterkeeps.

You realize all Hibs do is raid every goddamn single keep with 100-150 ppl and it is impossible to even have decent keep fights because you will be killed by a dozen TWFs once your first gate is down and you have to retreat into tower. The whole realm war map was green when I logged in today. Once mids showed up, Pussypower zerg decided to go alb and raid their undefended keeps. At least you have to fight over keeps in NF. Even if you have no teleporter route to a keep you can take a boat there and try to defend the keep. Ever tried running to Odin's Gate from SF because the keep is under attack when you don't have any speed classes? They could take the keep twice until you arrive. And the guards on NF keeps can be adjusted and are stronger than on live.

At least I didn't have to deal with this keepflipping and zergs avoiding each other. In NF the zergs actually fought each other and we had 2h keepfights. I don't understand what is pleasing about OF. It is a complete mess. I played for an hour today on my hunter and didn't have a single decent fight. In NF I had so many 1on1 and even fights because people are more spread out and I didn't instantly get jumped by 5 Infiltrators once I unstealthed. But maybe it wasn't NF but the lack of OF enthusiasts who do nothing but zerg down anyone they see.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:31 PM by Ardri
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:26 PM
IseBankMiceElff wrote:

we definitely need more demographics. I bet Hibs vote NF because they are sick of the run to OF emain.

Why do people still say this when Bolg port is open 90% of the time and is literally 60s away from emain?
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:19 AM by easytoremember
Bumbles wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:07 PM
The inability to break towers to prevent camping for hours on end was removed as well as the ability to put holes in the side of keeps for another access point. Not that any of these things would change you mind about what you prefer I just thought it was a shame to see what the Devs presented as NF is really just another Phoenix custom version.

lmao I almost garuntee this was related to pet pathing
You have any idea how much bitching would erupt when pets were completely ignoring keep/tower structure instead of just the front gates
Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:06 AM by gruenesschaf
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:19 AM
Bumbles wrote:
The inability to break towers to prevent camping for hours on end was removed as well as the ability to put holes in the side of keeps for another access point. Not that any of these things would change you mind about what you prefer I just thought it was a shame to see what the Devs presented as NF is really just another Phoenix custom version.

You have any idea how much bitching would erupt when pets were completely ignoring keep/tower structure instead of just the front gates

We still don't have dynamic pathing only dynamic los.

The two major parts why back in february we said NF would take a long while even if we wanted to implement are exactly this pathing problem and dealing with the keeps / towers correctly on the server and getting them to the client. OF keeps are baked into the map and hence always exist, NF keeps do not exist as such on the client but instead are many separate components that have to be dealt with in a particular way. They could theoretically be placed anywhere as it's just telling the client where to place what and with what rotation etc and hence figuring out how all that works is, or since it's now done was, the other main time sink. Making the client render those keeps was the easy part, the harder part was making sense of the keep data and making it work with pathing / dealing with it on the server side.

Anyways, without dynamic pathing for everything that would change the possible pathing (doors, walls, siege towers, entire nf towers) we have the choice of either always ignoring it, meaning as far as mobs / pets are concerned it doesn't exist, that's how we deal with doors, or alternatively to never ignore it and hence make it never traversible for mobs, that's what we chose for walls and towers.
The second choice then is to either disable that feature entirely and have it seem consistent or we could enable wall / tower destruction and weird mob behavior, in case of towers mobs would be out of range as the server would assume they're up in the air but the client would render them on the ground, so tower razing would simply be impractical. Wall destruction however we could enable but that would mean mobs / pets still wouldn't walk through the hole but path all the way through the nearest door.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:36 AM by Bumbles
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:06 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:19 AM
Bumbles wrote:

We still don't have dynamic pathing only dynamic los.

The two major parts why back in february we said NF would take a long while even if we wanted to implement are exactly this pathing problem and dealing with the keeps / towers correctly on the server and getting them to the client. OF keeps are baked into the map and hence always exist, NF keeps do not exist as such on the client but instead are many separate components that have to be dealt with in a particular way. They could theoretically be placed anywhere as it's just telling the client where to place what and with what rotation etc and hence figuring out how all that works is, or since it's now done was, the other main time sink. Making the client render those keeps was the easy part, the harder part was making sense of the keep data and making it work with pathing / dealing with it on the server side.

Anyways, without dynamic pathing for everything that would change the possible pathing (doors, walls, siege towers, entire nf towers) we have the choice of either always ignoring it, meaning as far as mobs / pets are concerned it doesn't exist, that's how we deal with doors, or alternatively to never ignore it and hence make it never traversible for mobs, that's what we chose for walls and towers.
The second choice then is to either disable that feature entirely and have it seem consistent or we could enable wall / tower destruction and weird mob behavior, in case of towers mobs would be out of range as the server would assume they're up in the air but the client would render them on the ground, so tower razing would simply be impractical. Wall destruction however we could enable but that would mean mobs / pets still wouldn't walk through the hole but path all the way through the nearest door.

Appreciate the info. Thank you.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:49 AM by Roto23
Ardri wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:31 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:26 PM
IseBankMiceElff wrote:

Why do people still say this when Bolg port is open 90% of the time and is literally 60s away from emain?

I say this because I don't see many Hibs in OF Emain. It's Albs and Mids
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:15 PM by Freedomcall
I actually realized how much OF is boring after 1 week NF test is done.
I won't quit whether devs choose OF or NF, like some ppl who have 'I quit if not this' mentality.
But can't deny NF is better in lots of aspects.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:42 PM by Milksteak
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:42 PM

Well rip server population whether you prefer OF or NF ppl are gonna quit. Many ppl including myself started playing freeshards years ago on uthgard because I hated NF and these servers brought fans of OF back. Now you got players who preferred NF and will quit if they decide to keep OF. So either way the population will take a dive. Once server hits 400 players total EU prime bye bye server.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:04 PM by stinsfire
Milksteak wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:42 PM
Roto23 wrote:

Well rip server population whether you prefer OF or NF ppl are gonna quit. Many ppl including myself started playing freeshards years ago on uthgard because I hated NF and these servers brought fans of OF back. Now you got players who preferred NF and will quit if they decide to keep OF. So either way the population will take a dive. Once server hits 400 players total EU prime bye bye server.

I constantly see these "I hate NF" statements but what exactly these people hate about NF is never mentioned and I have a strong feeling many of these people haven't even tried phoenix version of NF.

So why do you hate NF? I can't think of any rational reason except for "I am used to it and don't want to adapt to NF". OF has a lot of flaws (Milegates, undefendable keeps, very low mobility for non speeder classes/groups etc. etc.)
Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:34 PM by Roto23
stinsfire wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:04 PM
Milksteak wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:42 PM
Roto23 wrote:

I constantly see these "I hate NF" statements but what exactly these people hate about NF is never mentioned and I have a strong feeling many of these people haven't even tried phoenix version of NF.

So why do you hate NF? I can't think of any rational reason except for "I am used to it and don't want to adapt to NF". OF has a lot of flaws (Milegates, undefendable keeps, very low mobility for non speeder classes/groups etc. etc.)

Well, to be honest, I don't hate NF. I prefer OF and voted that way, but will play NF if it wins. I really think the silent majority prefers OF. I hope the silent majority accepts NF if it wins. But if NF wins and I give it a fair shot for about 1 month and dislike it, I can't be blamed if I stop playing regularly.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics