Getting around a Mile Gate

Started 19 Jun 2019
by Tigerforce
in Open Community Votes
From what I see many people like OF, but complain its biggest draw back are the miles gates. Although there are times where fun can be had at these, more often then not they act as barriers into being able to rvr (play the game). Being funneled and camped by stealth groups or multiple groups when population is low or other people are just not forming large enough groups to counter the opposing realms camp.

Solution: What if we implemented a port system like Mordred had. A zone like (Emain) or (Odins Gate) with 20-30 different spawn points. Use a port NPC in your respective keep to pick the main area and are randomly ported to one of these X number of spots. A spot will be unavailable if an enemy is in X amount of radius of that zone, as well as the person who ported will be granted a 10sec immunity timer. This will ensure people not getting PA'd or bum rushed as soon as porting in. It will also allow people to get around the camped mile gates.

Draw back, duo's or groups would be split up and hard to port with a friendly player. I think it would have to be this way to ensure a Zerg is not porting directly into the zone they wish to take and moving around a lot faster then they should be.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 6:46 AM by Sepplord
Tigerforce wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:15 AM
From what I see many people like OF, but complain its biggest draw back are the miles gates. Although there are times where fun can be had at these, more often then not they act as barriers into being able to rvr (play the game). Being funneled and camped by stealth groups or multiple groups when population is low or other people are just not forming large enough groups to counter the opposing realms camp.

Solution: What if we implemented a port system like Mordred had. A zone like (Emain) or (Odins Gate) with 20-30 different spawn points. Use a port NPC in your respective keep to pick the main area and are randomly ported to one of these X number of spots. A spot will be unavailable if an enemy is in X amount of radius of that zone, as well as the person who ported will be granted a 10sec immunity timer. This will ensure people not getting PA'd or bum rushed as soon as porting in. It will also allow people to get around the camped mile gates.

Draw back, duo's or groups would be split up and hard to port with a friendly player. I think it would have to be this way to ensure a Zerg is not porting directly into the zone they wish to take and moving around a lot faster then they should be.

the problem with such a porting system is that it completely removes any RvR-aspect and turns the game into a deathmatch. There is no system anymore from where you can expect enemies and from where you could approach to catch the enemy offguard (by coming from somewhere where the enemy wouldn't expect anyone to come from)

It makes running around random
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:43 AM by Druth
What people like me want, is a system where I can guess where people will travel from A to B, but also that they are never forced to go through when traveling from A to B.

NF have both parts.
OF only has the first.

This is lovely for good groups, speed classes and stealthers, but can be hell for riff raff trying to get to a BG zerg, or non-speed classes.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:31 AM by dstrmberg
Add short distance teleporters on each side of the mile gates (no immunity timer). It will be a native risk vs reward mechanic since you cannot see what is on the other side!

Could be interesting! :-)
Fri 21 Jun 2019 5:25 PM by teiloh
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 6:46 AM
Tigerforce wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:15 AM

the problem with such a porting system is that it completely removes any RvR-aspect and turns the game into a deathmatch. There is no system anymore from where you can expect enemies and from where you could approach to catch the enemy offguard (by coming from somewhere where the enemy wouldn't expect anyone to come from)

It makes running around random

Yep. Should only be one, or two, forward port keeps.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics