Voting responsibility

Started 17 Jun 2019
by Bobbermand
in RvR
No matter the result of the OF/NF vote, the winning side will bear a responsibility to ensure fun in that particular frontier.
So pull up the ones who are bummed out by the vote result, so we may retain server population.

We will loose some people, no matter what. Lets just try and keep it at minimum:-)

/OneShot
/OneLeech
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:11 PM by Gorgoroth
Bobbermand wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:38 PM
We will loose some people, no matter what. Lets just try and keep it at minimum:-)

/OneShot
/OneLeech

Maybe but I don't necessarily think so. People were happy here before NF was tested and if OF remains more popular via Vote and will remain, what would be the motivation for some to leave, despite some people try to play the "blackmail card" and threatening to leave if NF doesn't come back.

I think it was a brave experiment by the Server owners and staff. Despite the rather toxic community at times towards the staff they let us vote for something that will change the game plays while they own the server. I think that deserves some respect.

I didn't like NF at all at first but now it's okay. I may give a slight advantage to OF in terms of what I personally like more, but if NF wins I'm fine with it.

So no matter the outcome, I'm cool with it and i don't think that threats of potential leavers - if NF doesn't come back - will have any significance in the long or short term.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:14 PM by Rhox
Gorgoroth wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:11 PM
Bobbermand wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:38 PM

/OneShot
/OneLeech

Maybe but I don't necessarily think so. People were happy here before NF was tested and if OF remains more popular via Vote and will remain, what would be the motivation for some to leave, despite some people try to play the "blackmail card" and threatening to leave if NF doesn't come back.

I think it was a brave experiment by the Server owners and staff. Despite the rather toxic community at times towards the staff they let us vote for something that will change the game plays while they own the server. I think that deserves some respect.

I didn't like NF at all at first but now it's okay. I may give a slight advantage to OF in terms of what I personally like more, but if NF wins I'm fine with it.

So no matter the outcome, I'm cool with it.

^^^^This....I hate NF with ever fiber of my being (person opinion) How ever my love for the game runs so deep I will continue to play just as much just bitch about it a lot ;-)
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:35 PM by Vkejai
I can see this being a brexit event
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:56 PM by cuuchulain79
I think it's a really nice idea from the OP. Build community, be respectful...that sort of thing.

Unfortunately, the sheer number of posts on the topic amounting to "When the vote goes my way, you'll be proven wrong and stupid," don't exactly elicit a server wide feeling of fellowship. More a bunch of spiteful nerds eager to continue farming RP in their preferred surroundings.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 10:29 PM by phixion
DAoC is an all-or-nothing type of game, a game which can be frustrating af when you get zerged down relentlessly.

I don't see this ending well, whatever the outcome of the vote.

I'm sure many of those who dislike the vote will just stop playing, whether that be because they dislike the result or they want to punish the server for going against their wishes.

A player who leaves due to such changes is unlikely to come back.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 10:50 PM by Gweinyth
I know which I prefer but will not quit if the version I dislike wins. I enjoy the game. I am grateful that the devs have created a place that I can play in whatever way I choose.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 11:49 PM by alusnova415
If people quit let them , the vote will be in and if you want to play in a great daoc server for free then you stay or you can go to another freeshard or pay $15 for live.

This server will be fine whatever frontier ends up with , if it's NF I'll accept it as the devs actually put in a lot work for our enjoyment.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:01 AM by Inkwell84
NF/OF rotation. It’s the only way to prevent server destruction.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 10:34 PM by Inkwell84
I think weekly makes the most sense.

Any longer people will just quit when their FZ is out.

Short enough that people can just work on PvE side projects during the FZ they don’t like.

If they implement it based on keep take reward or something (like realm with most relic gets to choose) that will make people unhappy. Just needs to be a fixed/set rotation.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:00 PM by Freedomcall
I think rotation would be the worst choice.
Devs need to choose one and let players adapt themselves to it.
Changing their playstyle everytime will be kinda bothering to casual players and lvlers.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 4:53 AM by Inkwell84
Kk pick one and bye 50% population
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics