Return the task credit to specific realms.

Started 18 Jun 2019
by LedriTheThane
in Suggestions
With OF, mindless zerging in Emain 24/7 is extremely boring and leaves the other zones out to die. Couple months ago each zone used to flip between each other and it was great. It makes it for a much better and more dynamic usage of each zone. I also think this would benefit keep taking/defending action for NF as well.

It also leaves the non-task zones open for people to solo, duo, etc..
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:08 AM by lurker
This could possibly work well and actually may be a good way to help the 'NF zergs are everywhere' issue I seemed to have.

I vote OF as i like quite/used zones to small man in which were hard to come by in \NF. this may resolve that.

Alternatively we maybe decide as a community on a small man zone... but thats hard to do.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:44 PM by PingGuy
Yeah, if we end up sticking with OF, rotating the task zone would be better. I was for the change when they opened it to all zones, but it has just turned into Emain 24/7 and that sucks as a Hib. Alternatively they could reduce the port timer to 1 minute or remove it entirely, but the rotation would be the better option.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 6:59 PM by Mavella
Task realm needs to rotate. Force no/reduced rps in off task zone if necessary. Kills in PoC/DF can still count for task credit imo.

Put task on a timer. Add points system for taking/defending/hold keeps. Add capturable points in the zones with 1 keep that give points/small bonus for solo/smallman to fight over. Allow for kills to give points.

Keep porting remains in place to allow attackers beyond mile gates if they hold keeps. Add a longer timer for porting into more interior keeps. No direct line required.

I think when task switches beno/dc/bled keep should 50/50 to one of the attacking realms to allow for interior porting right away. Also gives defending/attacking first realm initial keep to fight over.

If attackers take a keep timer extends. If defends take a keep timer reduces.

Win conditions.

-Relic capture and brought back to PK. (give a bonus to realm for relic type captured for next task rotation). Relic guards obviously need to be beefed up to prevent a straight relic blitz but not so much that it isn't totally eliminated as a tactic.
-Defending realm takes back and hold all keeps for X duration
-Certain point threshold breached by any team
-Timer expires highest point total wins.

This allows for a variety of playstyles and groups of all sizes to have an effect on the overall effort. Things like start timer duration, timer extend, timer reduction, how much keep takes/holds are weighted overall would need to be adjusted for feel. It eliminates emain stagnation and encourages use of all 4 zones in a frontier.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 11:47 PM by shintacki
lurker wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:08 AM
I vote OF as i like quite/used zones to small man in which were hard to come by in \NF. this may resolve that.

It’s funny that I voted for NF for the exact same reason. My small man group found action way easier in NF than we ever did in OF. We’re also hibs that play NA prime time so that’s probably why. In OF unless you wanna get rolled by a Zerg or 8 man in emain you can try your luck in mid or alb, neither of which ever has more than a few stealthers and maybe the random solo.

I’m also fully in favor of requiring a certain zone for task credit regardless of the frontier we get.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:41 AM by alusnova415
I think most are in favor of OF with NF like features:

- Port keep /rw
-Make one central zone keep permanent for all realms to avoid milegates blockade. This keep is now considered a Port Keep with the appropriate guards to protect the players.
- ROTATE the Tasks - each realm gets to defend their realm but if you want to pvp in a non active zone you get 20% less rp for kills but you don't get any task credit, only in DF.
- RELICS keeps should only become attackable if specific keeps have been taken . Make them worthy of the effort , also relic keeps should have porting until first door is down ,once enemies are on inner port is broken.
- KEEPS should have actual defender and attacker "tick" credit , the more defenders the more reward. If attackers take an empty or almost no defense keep then minimal rewards.
KEEPS - should level, also make sure a lv1 keep requires at least 2.5 groups to take and the higher the keep the more people you need, the rewards should mirror the effort for both defending and attacking.

Most important to start I think is rotate the tasks and have the permanent pk in a central zone so all realms can defend effectively.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics