Is there another daoc classic OF and SI server ?

Started 14 Jun 2019
by Myllasia
in Tavern
Hello everyone,

With this test of NF and the disgust that it generates to me, limit depression lol, I do not play since Monday ...

I had a lot of hope on Phoenix and I am terribly disappointed by the changes that are coming.

I wanted to know if you knew another server daoc classic with SI and Old Frontier, which it would not change after two months ?? Because I want to eventually migrate on it with a lot of friends...

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Have a good day,
Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:47 AM by Runental
Uthgard. "enjoy"
Fri 14 Jun 2019 11:42 AM by gnefner
Only Uthgard, that i know of.

You WILL hate it there.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 4:46 PM by Cadebrennus
gnefner wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 11:42 AM
Only Uthgard, that i know of.

You WILL hate it there.

Masochists love Uthgard
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:01 PM by Turano
Uthgard was lots of fun as long as it had population.
Sadly the devs were against any form of QoL so people left because noone needs that ammount of timesinks classic had
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:02 PM by coufourier
d'accord avec toi , j'ai quitté l'officiel avec un scout 12L5 , pour retrouver le gout de l'époque du début de daoc en 2002 pour moi ..... je n'ai jamais aimé NF , labyrinthes et bientot les ML ... si ça continue .... à quoi bon ...je fais une pose jusqu'au we

je souhaite vraiment un retour ....
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:09 PM by Myllasia
On pense la même chose ! 👍
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:22 PM by cere2
LOL.
This is a classic post.

Let me re-phrase OP's post.

"I hate NF, so myself and 50 of my friends all agree NF sucks and we are leaving."

"I myself alone, am threatening to go to Uthgard, but in reality I'm hoping no one calls my bluff."

Fixed.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:26 PM by chryso
Give Uthgard a try. You may like it. Heck, I have toons on both servers.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:29 PM by Dominus
did Uthgard ever launch SI?
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:47 PM by Myllasia
cere2 wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:22 PM
LOL.
This is a classic post.

"I hate NF, so myself and 50 of my friends all agree NF sucks and we are leaving."

"I myself alone, am threatening to go to Uthgard, but in reality I'm hoping no one calls my bluff."

Fixed.

Thank you for your constructive response in relation to the subject of the post
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:54 PM by cere2
Myllasia wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:47 PM
cere2 wrote:
LOL.
This is a classic post.

Fixed.

Sorry I had to be the one to call your bluff.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:06 PM by Sayuri
just for info offi will launch a classic server just after the free 2 play and the classic will not be part of F2P offer
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:38 PM by Enyore
Myllasia wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:37 AM
Hello everyone,

With this test of NF and the disgust that it generates to me, limit depression lol, I do not play since Monday ...

I had a lot of hope on Phoenix and I am terribly disappointed by the changes that are coming.

I wanted to know if you knew another server daoc classic with SI and Old Frontier, which it would not change after two months ?? Because I want to eventually migrate on it with a lot of friends...

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Have a good day,

What a load of rubbish .... you could have chosen to go to google and get a better explanation but decided to make a post on the Phoenix forum and make a scene like a little drama queen.

Geez this was pathetic reading.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:43 PM by Luluko
Sayuri wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:06 PM
just for info offi will launch a classic server just after the free 2 play and the classic will not be part of F2P offer

I believe that when I see that, they tried it 2 times already to bait people to return to the official servers with a classic server and then radio silence for months and when you asked you didnt get an answer and 2-3 years later. "yeah we droped the idea"
Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:25 PM by cuuchulain79
Uthgard has been getting a nice overhaul lately. Lots more xp loot, still nice bonuses to xp (much faster than it was at server launch), and they've publicly stated they're moving away from strict 1.65.

Recently they've also added a BG for lvl 48-50. I think when RvR missions land (soon they say hehe) that it'll be a pretty attractive place. True, the population is fairly anemic, but the folks there RvR a lot and it's actually pretty decent action for casuals...even late night NA times there's folks knocking on keep doors and small manning.

Regarding SI...well...no. However, they've added one encounter each to Albion and Hibernia, that allows both realms easy farmable access to S/C in hib, and S/C & D/Q in Alb. So no matter what realm you want to play, outfitting a toon with key +75 stat charges is pretty attainable.

Personally, I've played both servers, and it looks like Uthgard is getting closer to "classic w/ added QoL" than Phoenix is...as was said in the thread about the big charges change here,

Players, "Just take it slow and easy, don't do any big changes fast."
Phoenix, "Engage ludicrous speed! Phoenix has gone plaid!"
...and what...some weeks after that it's time to test out NF? This server is still going Plaid.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 11:17 PM by Sayuri
Luluko wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:43 PM
Sayuri wrote:

I believe that when I see that, they tried it 2 times already to bait people to return to the official servers with a classic server and then radio silence for months and when you asked you didnt get an answer and 2-3 years later. "yeah we droped the idea"

they spoke about it in 2 or 3 friday grab bag
Fri 14 Jun 2019 11:52 PM by Luluko
Sayuri wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 11:17 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:43 PM
Sayuri wrote:

they spoke about it in 2 or 3 friday grab bag
they can say a lot
Sat 15 Jun 2019 2:40 AM by Anelyn77
The off f2p classic server is a scam pretty much to try to get more players to return and turn them into paying customers.

1) You have only 5 classes available on each realm for F2P, if what you wanted to play ain't in those 5, tough luck.
2) You can't purchase a house / merchant etc
3) Can't form guilds
4) No access to special currencies (lol)
5) No champ levels, mounts etc
6) Server won't stay classic. There will be pools to determine the speed at which server upgrades through versions until it reaches the current live one.

But at soon as you pop your VISA in, you can do all of the above and more! I had some hopes when I heard of it first time, then when I read the FAQ, yeah thx but no thx.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:37 AM by Druth
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 2:40 AM
The off f2p classic server is a scam pretty much to try to get more players to return and turn them into paying customers.

1) You have only 5 classes available on each realm for F2P, if what you wanted to play ain't in those 5, tough luck.
2) You can't purchase a house / merchant etc
3) Can't form guilds
4) No access to special currencies (lol)
5) No champ levels, mounts etc
6) Server won't stay classic. There will be pools to determine the speed at which server upgrades through versions until it reaches the current live one.

But at soon as you pop your VISA in, you can do all of the above and more! I had some hopes when I heard of it first time, then when I read the FAQ, yeah thx but no thx.

How can it be a scam when you either don't pay, or pay and get what you paid for?
Did I miss something here?
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:43 AM by Druth
Sayuri wrote:

That project died 6+ months ago, unless you have updated info.
I am not even sure they still have the old code, or could make it work even.

Uthgard is the server that comes closest to classic (apart from SI...), and is a brilliant show in what people THINK they want, but DO NOT want when they finally try it.

It's like taking your kids to the theme park you visited 30 years ago, and find out why your parents hated it.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 7:49 AM by Anelyn77
@Druth

In the sense that what was advertised as to be a F2P server for F2P only, with classic rules, is in fact a server both for paying subscribers (who get all the benefits) and F2P that can't really do much at all compared to rest. Sure you can lvl to 50 and do RvR but that's it. You can't form a guild or leave starting guild. You can't get a house and merchant. You can't get any of the special currencies. No mounts / champion lvls. You can't claim keeps etc.

What they promised was a F2P server where everyone could do everything in a classic setting with no limitations / subscription. To me that is false advertising, aka a scam.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 8:44 AM by Sayuri
Druth wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:43 AM
Sayuri wrote:

Uthgard is the server that comes closest to classic (apart from SI...), and is a brilliant show in what people THINK they want, but DO NOT want when they finally try it.

It's like taking your kids to the theme park you visited 30 years ago, and find out why your parents hated it.

Are there any plans to bring a classic server back or at least one without ToA?

Yes! Once Endless Conquest has launched we’d like to introduce some alternate ruleset “progression” servers.

The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so.

Depending on how that server goes, we’d love to be able to introduce various other alternative ruleset servers.
https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019

from 3 weeks ago
Sat 15 Jun 2019 9:10 AM by lurker
Yeah seems like live-classic will be pretty crap.

It will likely have no deviation from the original patch levels, from what I understand. So no QoL or balance changes other than when the player base votes to move it onto the next patch level. At some point when the player base votes enough times it will catch up with Live and be rolled into Ywain.

So I certainly won’t be making a character there... seems like it will just be ‘worse QoL than uthgard’ and inevitably wasted time once your rolled into the next patch/live.

If they were to finally give up on this ‘ywain must be protected’ mentality and make an alternative classic server with bespoke change/balance/QoL it could be interesting. But no announcements on that so far.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 9:34 AM by Druth
Sayuri wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 8:44 AM
Druth wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:43 AM
Sayuri wrote:

Are there any plans to bring a classic server back or at least one without ToA?

Yes! Once Endless Conquest has launched we’d like to introduce some alternate ruleset “progression” servers.

The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so.

Depending on how that server goes, we’d love to be able to introduce various other alternative ruleset servers.
https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019

from 3 weeks ago

Ah... so they'll do this after Endless Conquest has launched? A project that was announced back in December... 2017...

I, personally, would not get my hopes up. More likely Uthgard releases SI.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 12:27 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Druth wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:37 AM
How can it be a scam when you either don't pay, or pay and get what you paid for?
Did I miss something here?

Haven't you figured out that if an entire game isn't exactly what each individual wants in every way down to the minutest of details it's shit and / or a scam, yet?
Sat 15 Jun 2019 12:43 PM by aherm02
I hate nf too on this server.. On Salisbury nf was nice, but here it suxx really... I don't know why.

This was also for me a reason to make a short break this week... On Monday we have the old frontiers back and if they will launch nf after this test, I will leave and play wow classic...this game sounds also fine for me and launch is at the end of july
Sun 16 Jun 2019 8:38 AM by Druth
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 7:49 AM
@Druth

In the sense that what was advertised as to be a F2P server for F2P only, with classic rules, is in fact a server both for paying subscribers (who get all the benefits) and F2P that can't really do much at all compared to rest. Sure you can lvl to 50 and do RvR but that's it. You can't form a guild or leave starting guild. You can't get a house and merchant. You can't get any of the special currencies. No mounts / champion lvls. You can't claim keeps etc.

What they promised was a F2P server where everyone could do everything in a classic setting with no limitations / subscription. To me that is false advertising, aka a scam.

I can't remember their advertising. But were people foolish enough to think that some DaoC players would be paying nothing for the same as some paid 15$/month for?

So when you say scam, you mean like the scams where people say they are some prince and needs your help to get 20 mio. $ out of the country, and you'll get 50%. Then yes, I guess it was a scam
Sun 16 Jun 2019 8:26 PM by Stoertebecker
aherm02 wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 12:43 PM
I hate nf too on this server.. On Salisbury nf was nice, but here it suxx really... I don't know why.

This was also for me a reason to make a short break this week... On Monday we have the old frontiers back and if they will launch nf after this test, I will leave and play wow classic...this game sounds also fine for me and launch is at the end of july

You`re going to play WoW classic anyway even if they keep OF, so just stfu with this *If they keep NF i`ll play wow blabla....*.
Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:02 PM by Taliveth
What the Live announcement/email advertised was awesome! Then I go to the FAQ and everything was tolerable until I got to the throttled xp bit. Really? Classic crap plus I'm stuck at levels grinding up to twice as long? GFYS Broadsword!
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:28 AM by FUINY7
Myllasia wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 6:47 PM
cere2 wrote:
LOL.
This is a classic post.

Fixed.

Translated to : *Oh no ! he saw right though me and i'm feeling stupid, quick let's call rules as evade!*

------
Obviously OF suck, gate camping, no real keep action, little map, not possible to define clear area for specific game play
NF fits all with small tweak it would be perfect
Mon 17 Jun 2019 6:43 AM by aherm02
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 16 Jun 2019 8:26 PM
aherm02 wrote:

You`re going to play WoW classic anyway even if they keep OF, so just stfu with this *If they keep NF i`ll play wow blabla....*.

And u know me that's why u can say it?... I don't know who u are and whats your problem is... But if you react so aggro, than u have a big problem... I feel sorry for u
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:45 AM by Stoertebecker
aherm02 wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 6:43 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 16 Jun 2019 8:26 PM
aherm02 wrote:

And u know me that's why u can say it?... I don't know who u are and whats your problem is... But if you react so aggro, than u have a big problem... I feel sorry for u

You think that was aggro? You discovered the internet 2 days ago, or what?

I just don`t think that you appreciate DAoC`s rvr if you would leave DAoC with NF for WoW with...what?
If you would say * i`ll leave DAoC on Phoenix because WoW classic has the better pve content*, that would be ok. But for rvr/pvp? Even if NF would stay?
Do you believe that yourself?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:21 AM by Topenga
I don't know if introducing NF was a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I liked OF, I liked NF...there are pros and cons for either setup,
yet one thing is for sure: DAoC has the best pvp system there was, is and ever will be,
so actually it shouldn't really matter.

But the way this went I heard half the people complaining about OF and the other half about NF,
So the only thing that was achieved imho was splitting the community in half, which
hopefully will not result in half of this population leaving.

So again I don't know if introducing NF was a good idea, yet I hope the devs, who did an amazing job
until now, come to a wise decision...
Conscientious prophets are waiting for the outcome of events
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:56 AM by Sepplord
Topenga wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:21 AM
yet one thing is for sure: DAoC has the best pvp system there was, is
Yes
Topenga wrote:
and ever will be,

i am pretty sure this is wrong
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:38 AM by Topenga
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:56 AM
Topenga wrote:
Yes
Topenga wrote:
and ever will be,

Well, they're trying for almost 20 years now and noone succeeded as of yet...I'd be surprised
Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:11 PM by Sepplord
Topenga wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:38 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Topenga wrote:
Yes
Topenga wrote:
and ever will be,

Well, they're trying for almost 20 years now and noone succeeded as of yet...I'd be surprised

I wanted to write: i hope this is wrong first...

but then the hairsplitter in me reminded me that unless games stop to exist, forever is a long time that allows infinite tries to become better And with the serious flaws DAoC has i guess it is deemed to happen. But yeah, in the near future i only see CU as a possibility...but it could also just be a huge sandbox without fun...we will have to wait and see
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:27 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:11 PM
Topenga wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
Yes

but then the hairsplitter in me reminded me that unless games stop to exist, forever is a long time that allows infinite tries to become better And with the serious flaws DAoC has i guess it is deemed to happen. But yeah, in the near future i only see CU as a possibility...but it could also just be a huge sandbox without fun...we will have to wait and see
I thunk CU is too complicated for its own good. Trying to make everything “new and different”, while not embracing simple mechanics that work
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:30 PM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:27 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Topenga wrote:

I thunk CU is too complicated for its own good. Trying to make everything “new and different”, while not embracing simple mechanics that work

yeah, i am quite skeptical of CU myself, but it still is currently the only candidate that could become a good RvR-game
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:42 PM by Roto23
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:25 PM
Uthgard has been getting a nice overhaul lately. Lots more xp loot, still nice bonuses to xp (much faster than it was at server launch), and they've publicly stated they're moving away from strict 1.65.

Recently they've also added a BG for lvl 48-50. I think when RvR missions land (soon they say hehe) that it'll be a pretty attractive place. True, the population is fairly anemic, but the folks there RvR a lot and it's actually pretty decent action for casuals...even late night NA times there's folks knocking on keep doors and small manning.

Regarding SI...well...no. However, they've added one encounter each to Albion and Hibernia, that allows both realms easy farmable access to S/C in hib, and S/C & D/Q in Alb. So no matter what realm you want to play, outfitting a toon with key +75 stat charges is pretty attainable.

Personally, I've played both servers, and it looks like Uthgard is getting closer to "classic w/ added QoL" than Phoenix is...as was said in the thread about the big charges change here,

Players, "Just take it slow and easy, don't do any big changes fast."
Phoenix, "Engage ludicrous speed! Phoenix has gone plaid!"
...and what...some weeks after that it's time to test out NF? This server is still going Plaid.

I'll never go back to Uthgard as long as the broken SOS is in the game. You know they can cast it and attack you and not lose speed while it's up.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:37 PM by cuuchulain79
Roto23 wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:42 PM
I'll never go back to Uthgard as long as the broken SOS is in the game. You know they can cast it and attack you and not lose speed while it's up.

Well, yeah. It's old RAs, except Reaver, Pally, Valewalker, Champ, and Thane can buy Det3 (45%).

Did somebody run into Drastic one too many times?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:43 PM by phixion
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:37 PM
Well, yeah. It's old RAs, except Reaver, Pally, Valewalker, Champ, and Thane can buy Det3 (45%).

Does that mean old RAs cannot be balanced?

I mean, sure he may have run in to "Drastic" one too many times, but it also made him quit the server, look at the population there... I hope they are enjoying themselves!
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:28 PM by cuuchulain79
Hey man, I'm just filling in the OP on what's out there.

I don't think debating the balance of Old vs New RA needs to be done again...

I think it'd also be wise to stop worrying about Uthgard's population, and start hoping Phoenix can make it through its first summer and still have 1.2k peak, and a playable NA prime time. Everyday here it's more "can i have ur stuff" "don't let the door hit you on the way out..." "bye!" Not exactly what I'd call bolstering a sense of community.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:35 PM by Roto23
phixion wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:43 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:37 PM

Does that mean old RAs cannot be balanced?

I mean, sure he may have run in to "Drastic" one too many times, but it also made him quit the server, look at the population there... I hope they are enjoying themselves!

I only ran into him once and I got away easily as for some reason he purged my insta stun and i was already casting single mez. I guess his sos was down. I'm talking about some of the alb 8 mans. Its difficult to get into their backfield (The Band) and when you do they just sos or they sos and beat/cast on you and still don't lose speed.
I left the server because the population dies and when I went to Phoenix they switched to NF RA's and thats is when I realized how op uthgard SOS was.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:12 PM by Stoertebecker
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:27 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Topenga wrote:

You think DAoC isn`t complicated for someone who started playing maybe 2 weeks ago?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:21 PM by lourock
I really hated uth I stayed because I had a guild but once it dissolved I was gone ASAP. It was fun the first month and I felt a bit of that nice nostalgia feeling but once that was gone the fun was over.

The server had many issues that I won’t go into but QoL was not the reason that I hated it. I am a middle aged mmo player who has played many masochistic games in my experience red eq PvP servers with all night corpse runs are much worse than anything DAoC can offer.

My issue with uth was mainly no SI and I truly believe it’s because the 8 mans didn’t want that itemization. Pheonix for all of its flaws doesn’t cater specifically to the 8 man circle jerk e peen population. I no longer play on Pheonix but I don’t hate it. If I had time I’d still play here. But just the thought of playing on uth makes me cringe. Bad server and a very toxic experience I had there with some of the community and devs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics