RvR (Task) Changes

Started 30 May 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
New Task
We will introduce a new keep task, the duration will be 30 minutes and can be extended 3 times by 5 minutes, the timer will be extended if at the end of the timer the keep is in combat and the first door is open. Capturing the keep will instantly end the task and start a new one with the capturing realm as the target designator.
The task will have its own RP Pool, distributed based on participation, just like the other task and filled with fighting in the vicinity of the keep.
Being in the vicinity of the task keep also gives a small amount of participation.
There is a 1000 scaling rp (just like the other task, low level or high rr gets less, it's 1000 for <= rr3 at level 50) participation reward
All rvr actions counting toward this keep also count toward participation in the other task, all kills near this keep fill the rp pool of the normal task, the keep itself (distributed when it goes out of combat) and this new rp pool, making kills in the vicinity of the task keep the most valuable.

The keep selection for this task follows a specific pattern, the only random thing is the designating realm on server restart as well as the attacked realm if the designated realm owns all of their keeps. It's somewhat complicated to explain but should be rather easy to grasp once it's in action. Just like anything else about this task (default timer, overtime etc.) we'll monitor reactions to the selection and potentially adjust.

Long Example of the task progress:
Alb owns all of their own keeps and Bledmeer
Midgard owns all of their own keeps except bled
Hib owns all of their keeps
Alb selected as designating realm at server start, randomly target hib
Task = dc, Albs take dc, Task = dc, Alb defend dc, Task = dcrim, alb take dcrim, task = dcrim, alb defend dcrim, task = bolg, hib defends bolg, task = dcrim, mid take dcrim, task = dcrim, mid defend dcrim, task = bledmeer, mid capture it, randomly choose albion as target, task = beno, hib take it, task = beno, hib defend, task = dcrim ......

Invasion Task Changes
The invasion task will become the RvR Participation task, all references to invading a specific realm will be removed.
- Domination objective will be removed
- Soil / Branches / Snow will always drop in the frontier, the supply master will always be around, turning those in still gives xp <50 and rvr task participation >35
- The 3 rvr bosses will always be around with a 3h timer
- Keep objective will be removed
- The scaling reward will be reduced from 1500 to 1000 rps

Caravans / Keep upgrades
- Caravans will be removed
- Keeps will automatically upgrade up to level 10 based on time with the default upgrade times:
1 -> 2: 12 mins
2 -> 3: 12 mins
3 -> 4: 12 mins
4 -> 5: 24 mins
5 -> 6: 60 mins (1h)
6 -> 7: 120 mins (2h)
7 -> 8: 240 mins (4h)
8 -> 9: 480 mins (8h)
9 -> 10: 960 mins (16h)
- Doors will still have the same level as the keep
- Doors above 90% when a keep upgrades will automatically be healed to 100%
- Doors will otherwise not heal automatically and have to be repaired by players

Keep Teleport
When near a Portal Stone you will be able to teleport to your keeps by using the /realmwar map, the /rw map will also indicate keeps that are in combat. Portal Stones will be in the border keeps and teleport keeps. You cannot teleport while a relic is in transit, you cannot teleport for 2 minutes after releasing. The target keep must be out of combat or, if the keep is in combat, the outer door must be above 90%.
There will be two teleport chains per realm, you can only teleport to keeps to which the chain is unbroken. You can never teleport to your outer two keeps (hibs can never port to crim, crauch, albs never to eras, beno, mids never to nott, bled). You can never port further than the outer two keeps into an enemy frontier. To port into an enemy frontier you need at leas one unbroken teleport chain including the target keep and your two outer most keeps

Teleport Chains - Albion
Hurbury -> Berk -> Surs -> (Eras) -> (Beno) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Bled | Nott
Renaris -> Berk -> Boldiam -> (Eras) -> (Beno) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Bled | Nott

Teleport Chains - Midgard
Arvakr -> Glen -> Hlid -> (Nott) - > (Bledmeer) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Eras | Beno
Fensalir -> Glen -> Blendrake -> (Nott) - > (Bledmeer) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Eras | Beno

Teleport Chains - Hibernia
Ailline -> NGed -> Bolg -> (Crimthain) -> (Crauchon) -> Beno | Eras | Bled | Nott
Scathaig -> NGed -> Behn -> (Crimthain) -> (Crauchon) -> Beno | Eras | Bled | Nott
Thu 30 May 2019 10:23 AM by Turano
This sounds like fun
Thu 30 May 2019 10:37 AM by Mac
Do we have any tests planned?
Thu 30 May 2019 10:45 AM by Durandal
Bravo! People had said that the Molvik event was making them think that NF would be brought in soon. I did not like NF with it's boring symmetry, large unused lands, lack of gates and defensible valleys and bridge centered action. It was too much the same and all the realms did not feel unique except for the grass textures. However, OF flaws were in that action was always in emain and hibs were screwed out of it, and realms had a long run from their border keeps. Laying the NF transport and supply chain over the OF geography is something that I do not think has been tried before and I am really excited about seeing how it works! Realm defense will be important...if you want to go on the offense it will be required and there will be a back and forth battle where the objective mean more then a RP bonus and entrance to DF.
Thu 30 May 2019 10:54 AM by Laviski
finally
bravo.

just go back to sorting the pots and items and ye are done.
Thu 30 May 2019 11:11 AM by Raunz
Said first day of caravans that it's a terrible idea also the tasks need to be totally removed and realm ranks reset at this point.
Thu 30 May 2019 12:11 PM by shintacki
Raunz wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 11:11 AM
Said first day of caravans that it's a terrible idea also the tasks need to be totally removed and realm ranks reset at this point.

Resetting the realm ranks at this point might kill the server. I’d be pretty pissed if I went back to rr1.
Thu 30 May 2019 12:16 PM by Ardri
All good changes. Realm war map with fire indicators and insta porting. Very well done!
Thu 30 May 2019 12:45 PM by relvinian
do you need to be 40 to keep teleport?
Thu 30 May 2019 12:46 PM by Uthred
There are no level-restrictions for teleporting.

Changes will be in after the reboot in 15min.
Thu 30 May 2019 1:06 PM by dstrmberg
Very nice. Good job devs!
Thu 30 May 2019 1:31 PM by Cell Maley
I'm so disappointed of phoenix...

people are now High RR .. ..and now 1000 rps instead of 1500 rps, what that say?... its now longer to upgrade rank

where is the balance? .. i regret now, so many hours to up my chars
Thu 30 May 2019 1:34 PM by gruenesschaf
Cell Maley wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 1:31 PM

people are now High RR .. ..and now 1000 rps instead of 1500 rps, what that say?... its now longer to upgrade rank

You appear to have missed the introduction of a new task that also gives 1000 making this a net total increase of 500.
Thu 30 May 2019 1:53 PM by Mac
WarMaps show NEW Frontiers! Please update to OF.
Thu 30 May 2019 2:01 PM by gruenesschaf
We can't distribute client files meaning changes to /rw are not really possible
Thu 30 May 2019 2:02 PM by Arthoras
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 1:34 PM
Cell Maley wrote:

You appear to have missed the introduction of a new task that also gives 1000 making this a net total increase of 500.

EDIT: oh ok... i dont understand it right... i have said nothing and claim the opposite
Thu 30 May 2019 2:10 PM by Mac
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 2:01 PM

OK, Maybe a custom UI provider could make such a change?
Thu 30 May 2019 2:20 PM by Freedomcall
is lvl35 also required for new keep task or not?

And hmmm
Remember what happened when we had a keep task like this before?
I'm worried that mass suiciding to the keep will occur again.
and defending realm will just camp near keep to gank these suicidng ppl.
Thu 30 May 2019 3:06 PM by cere2
Good change until NF can be brought in. Fixes some of the "emain only" action.
What keeps are going to be able to be ported to? Is it just Bled/Cruach/Beno?
Or can realm that is tasked with being invaded port to say a central keep like Nged/Bold/Glen?
Thu 30 May 2019 3:16 PM by Ardri
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 1:34 PM
Cell Maley wrote:

Can you explain how the tasks work now? There's just 2 tasks always now?

1) Participate in RvR
2) Rotating Keep Task
And then the overall rvr task completion, guards, and kills?

How much "participation" does turning in branches give? If you've already died/killed someone, does this matter at all? When it was a standalone task, it didn't matter if it was 1 or 1000 turned in.
Thu 30 May 2019 3:22 PM by Freedomcall
cere2 wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 3:06 PM
Or can realm that is tasked with being invaded port to say a central keep like Nged/Bold/Glen?

Its written in the original post.
Thu 30 May 2019 3:33 PM by bigne88
Thanks, sounds great change, lets see.
Thu 30 May 2019 3:36 PM by Strikejk
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 10:02 AM
Caravans / Keep upgrades
- Caravans will be removed

How are we supposed to get claws now for buff pots?
Thu 30 May 2019 3:45 PM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 2:01 PM

Grue you all have put in everything NF related already, just put in NF already, that would solve my problem
Thu 30 May 2019 3:46 PM by cere2
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 3:22 PM
cere2 wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 3:06 PM

Its written in the original post.

Oops,
Thanks guess I didn't read far enough ops:
Thu 30 May 2019 4:12 PM by Estat
The big flaw in the new keep task (same as the old keep task) is that it targets a specific keep. It would be a lot more interesting if there are multiple optional targets.

I'm pretty sure for most players it's no fun to have the task to attack a specific keep owned by hibs. Animists will be happy though.
Thu 30 May 2019 4:17 PM by Cadebrennus
Now that caravans are out what are your plans for claws and claw merchants?
Thu 30 May 2019 4:36 PM by gruenesschaf
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 4:17 PM

Drop since 2 or so months from keep lords
Thu 30 May 2019 4:49 PM by Inkwell84
Excellent change, but the task should point at 2-3 keeps in different realms, not just one
Thu 30 May 2019 5:21 PM by Kappu
I get sick of everyone wanting NF...... The zone is too large to be enjoyable and they need to keep that action centralized to locations not 3-4, but at most 1-2.

Let the changes happen and see how it plays out instead of complaining like 4 hours after implementation.
Thu 30 May 2019 5:31 PM by Luluko
-like a few said already only 1 keep as target is a bad idea people will just ignore the task if the keep is too heaviely camped which it will be

-also I dont really see the point if you cant port to nott as mid if you wanna use the keep teleport to go to odins to solo you will maybe save 1minute running compared to 2mins portimer after death and running from hlid or the other keep which is next, also the 90% limit on outer keepdoors incents people too much to camp a portal stone even tho I have no idea where those are yet
Thu 30 May 2019 5:45 PM by Freedomcall
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 2:20 PM
is lvl35 also required for new keep task or not?

And hmmm
Remember what happened when we had a keep task like this before?
I'm worried that mass suiciding to the keep will occur again.
and defending realm will just camp near keep to gank these suicidng ppl.

Well after playing a few hours after update, it looks pretty good so far.
What i didnt think of was you get keep task credit, too, simply by "being in vicinity of that keep"
In the past, we had to hit enemy at least once to get the credit. This made ppl unable to leave the keep before they find someone to hit, so it was a big chunk of ppl camping the keep which made keep task so boring.
But now you can just get the task with reaching the keep even without doing anything, so you can just leave the place if you want better action.
Thu 30 May 2019 5:59 PM by Roto23
Raunz wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 11:11 AM

F U on the reset realm rank.
Thu 30 May 2019 6:07 PM by t4coops
thanks for doing what we asked for but I think you should only be able to port to a keep if its in combat, we don't want to ruin then natural flow of the game how it is now ;\ and action was getting crap when all people focused 1 realm for task zone still thni kshoul be a task zone, otherwise everyotne gonna be al lspread out in dif keeps on dif relams getting no action , well perhaps, just hoping not anyway

(and 90% on door ? door goes to 90% so quick with a zerg it be below that before anyone even realizes, let alone go suicide or w/e so they can go port to defend)

but ya people expressed concerns and you acted on them that was very nice to see thanks very much to all the gm's/devs ect, well besides the 1 who hall monitors discord and region chat, because of a embarasing need to flex muscles and feel important, her effect on the game is absolutely atrocious , specialy with population on decline, its rather disgusting their care for feeling powerful and important, then their care for the game flourishing

but besides that nice, best daoc staff ever ! thanks very much (makes live look even worse since their company policy of just totally ignore all the player ideas and do nothing and if something some total bizzare opposite shit lol ;\)
Thu 30 May 2019 7:05 PM by Azuell
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 4:36 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

What does this even mean?
Thu 30 May 2019 7:17 PM by Roto23
Azuell wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 7:05 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

What does this even mean?

Yah, it kinda read weird. He is saying claws have been dropping off keep lords for the past 2 months now so you will still get claws and thus we still need the claw merchants
Thu 30 May 2019 7:23 PM by Ceen
I think you can patch as much as you want, OF does not support keep sieges.
Imo focus on open field or change to a small version of NF.
Thu 30 May 2019 9:50 PM by falcon
Good surprise today, strange no more people not using new TP hope more tomorrow when info spread, only 1 good defense today

<dream to TP beno 1 day !>
Fri 31 May 2019 7:45 AM by Cruella
only 4 pages and zero flames.... wow what happened?
Fri 31 May 2019 11:10 AM by florin
Had some good fights at Eras and Surs last night both attacking and defending. Definitely optimistic on the task’s ability to focus the late night NA gaggle so it’s not just emain. I do think that 90% on door 1 is a bit of a tight window - although for the time I was on only saw the bled, Nott, eras, surs x2 rotation so porting into the keeps wasn’t really an option.

Not exactly clear on the timing of the bonus ticks as sometimes they seem random and to be safe i might stay logged in and afk to not miss them.

Good changes in my view!
Fri 31 May 2019 12:07 PM by Bumbles
Kappu wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 5:21 PM
I get sick of everyone wanting NF...... The zone is too large to be enjoyable and they need to keep that action centralized to locations not 3-4, but at most 1-2.

Let the changes happen and see how it plays out instead of complaining like 4 hours after implementation.

Have you ever played in NF? You think NF is too big but OF is this nicely compact dream map setup? People want NF for the keeps and the fights they bring. NF also brings even terrains so Emain isn’t the only place people will go to find fights. Find me an 8 man who loves to fight on the hills and crazy los issues that OF Pennine brings..These Devs seem to want keep fights so with it comes a desire for NF. Simple.
Fri 31 May 2019 12:33 PM by Kappu
Bumbles wrote:
Fri 31 May 2019 12:07 PM
Kappu wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 5:21 PM

Have you ever played in NF? You think NF is too big but OF is this nicely compact dream map setup? People want NF for the keeps and the fights they bring. NF also brings even terrains so Emain isn’t the only place people will go to find fights. Find me an 8 man who loves to fight on the hills and crazy los issues that OF Pennine brings..These Devs seem to want keep fights so with it comes a desire for NF. Simple.

For me playing here is about nostalgia I really don't want to play in NF. I suppose the zones are probably similar in size and the ports would keep the action flowing to typical area's as it did before. I guess I'm more okay with the idea of NF so long as the action is consistent and the water isn't diveable (something I freaking despise). I'm all for changes, but the whole point of the server is to be classic and if they ever release TOA I don't think I'll play very long after. I will say that the port system and running around last night did suck and to get a fight we still headed out to Emain since we don't have speed 5 or any good transportation on the Hunters.

I do like the task changes though!
Fri 31 May 2019 1:30 PM by Ardri
Cruella wrote:
Fri 31 May 2019 7:45 AM
only 4 pages and zero flames.... wow what happened?

No there's flames on the /rw map
Fri 31 May 2019 1:34 PM by Killaloth
Thanks devs for the huge effort you are putting together to keep this great server going!

I'm glad to see the positive feedback coming after this change and I want to add that if someone has even a remote desire to "complain" about something please do it with a constructive feedback, i.e. think and propose a solution ab. the problem YOU see and we'll all discuss.

Remember that a good dev can easily earn $500 per day (at least here in London). So everything that comes on top of simply running the server is gold and it's free for all us.

Last but not least, DAOC is nostalgia to most of us but sometimes you find people new to the game. Do your best to help them, they help to keep the server thriving.

OT:I've found a bard (Mikassa) that started with DAOC just one month ago. Be nice to him and grp if you want, he's already better than many bards I've duoed with. PS he needs some help to finish his template, I'll do it if he's not done by Monday =)

Have fun guys and keep on smiling!
Fri 31 May 2019 4:58 PM by stewbeedoo
@gruenesschaf
I'm unclear on the chain for Albion. Is this correct?
Ren -> Berk -> Bold -> (Eras) - > (Beno) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Bled | Nott
Hurb -> Surs -> Berk -> (Eras) - > (Beno) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Bled | Nott

Thanks!
Fri 31 May 2019 5:48 PM by Strikejk
gruenesschaf wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Yes but the drop amount from lords only is much lower, which reduces the amount of available ram buffs and thus passively increases keep door health.

It would be nice if lords would drop more claws to compensate for the removal of caravans. Another solution would be to reduce the keep door hp buff that we had earlier to a lower value.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 4:22 AM by elfwitch
Strikejk wrote:
Fri 31 May 2019 5:48 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Yes but the drop amount from lords only is much lower, which reduces the amount of available ram buffs and thus passively increases keep door health.

It would be nice if lords would drop more claws to compensate for the removal of caravans. Another solution would be to reduce the keep door hp buff that we had earlier to a lower value.

I agree with this. It would be nice if the lords drop more claws seeing how they only drop one and the prices of phoenix claws are now gonna skyrocket like crazy since it's gonna be extremely difficult to get them. Now you can't just take a few people and go kill the caravans to farm for claws but instead got to farm keeps to get them. Like what was the point in adding the caravans in the first place just to later on remove them? Some of the things y'all do don't make any sense.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 12:30 PM by florin
I actually liked caravans - even without the upgrade mechanism it made keep fights interesting for the unexpected add. I’d say add more guards to the the caravan and make it like a reinforcements function. Even if they spawn locally. Speaking of which - could we not pimp out the lords with feather mob mechanics? They are just big dumb hp pools atm.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 8:43 AM by Druth
Were the caravans not a source of lag?
Or did they fix it?
Sun 2 Jun 2019 4:05 PM by stewbeedoo
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 10:02 AM
Keep Teleport
When near a Portal Stone you will be able to teleport to your keeps by using the /realmwar map, the /rw map will also indicate keeps that are in combat. Portal Stones will be in the border keeps and teleport keeps. You cannot teleport while a relic is in transit, you cannot teleport for 2 minutes after releasing. The target keep must be out of combat or, if the keep is in combat, the outer door must be above 90%.
There will be two teleport chains per realm, you can only teleport to keeps to which the chain is unbroken. You can never teleport to your outer two keeps (hibs can never port to crim, crauch, albs never to eras, beno, mids never to nott, bled). You can never port further than the outer two keeps into an enemy frontier. To port into an enemy frontier you need at leas one unbroken teleport chain including the target keep and your two outer most keeps

Teleport chain example midgard:
Arvakr -> Glen -> Hlid -> (Nott) - > (Bledmeer) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Eras | Beno
Fensalir -> Glen -> Blendrake -> (Nott) - > (Bledmeer) -> Crauchon | Crimthain | Eras | Beno

Can you please provide the teleport chains for Alb and Hib please?
Sun 2 Jun 2019 9:54 PM by NoExit
After getting rolled by 8man in every Zone since the last changes i realized you killed all my playstyles now.
Trading, Crafting and Duo.
Thanks and GL.
No you cannot have my stuff.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:58 AM by Druth
NoExit wrote:
Sun 2 Jun 2019 9:54 PM
After getting rolled by 8man in every Zone since the last changes i realized you killed all my playstyles now.
Trading, Crafting and Duo.
Thanks and GL.
No you cannot have my stuff.

Did they change trading and crafting?
Not really sure why the task changes would put an 8man in every zone, but maybe I missed something there.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 3:41 PM by gruenesschaf
The initial post now contains all the teleport chains.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 3:59 PM by Bumbles
this new task system is horrible. We are back to people committing suicide on keeps now to get credit..awesome.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 4:31 PM by Dex
My experience over the past few days RvRing, typically in a group of 2-3 has been very good. Notably, action has been spread throughout the frontiers along many different, relatively predictable paths. While the keep task is active, my party has had good experiences either participating in fights around the keep itself, or patrolling routes we expect the other two realms to take. The ever changing status of ports from keeps encourages a changing landscape and some strategizing on how to tackle the beast of whatever unknown foes we might run in to.

During all of this, Emain has continued to be a hotbed of action that we avoid, but there is also consistently enemies to fight in typically fewer numbers at the milegates in Albion/Midgard. And, at least in Hibernia, there has also consistently been enemies in our border zones. Some of my best fights were fighting off waves of soloes, duos , and trios while trying to PvE /farm in frontiers.

Overall, I commented several times to my comrades how healthy the RvR environment felt this weekend. Despite a low overall server pop during NA primetime, there were far more enemies to fight, and in manageable numbers, than I've observed over the past month. Now, I did speculate that we could be seeing a lot of people returning to the server to test the water after the changes, so we'll see if this level is maintained. But, if they are as satisfied as I have been with all of this, I'm optimistic that this will continue and this server will only improve by making these changes which can never meet everyone's expectations, but will hopefully try to continue to keep everyone's playstyles in mind.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 7:40 PM by Monkies
I like the changes for the most part. I am still trying to figure out the mechanics for winning a keep task though. If nobody shows up to attack do the defenders automatically win? If I show up to defend a keep that does not get attacked do I still win? Is the next keep task randomly chosen? Friday night the tasks seemed to get stuck for most of the night between Bolg and Crim which was tons of fun but really seemed like a loop. Then it seems like on Sunday the loop was in Alb frontier. How do we push tasks along and get them out of these loops?

Monkies/Dogbyte
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:36 PM by tweedledumb99
I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).
Tue 4 Jun 2019 8:27 AM by dstrmberg
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:36 PM
I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).

Simple solution: Group up and duo?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 12:33 PM by Kappu
tweedledumb99 wrote:

One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

If you want to solo its going to be a rough road deal with it.

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 1:40 PM by Roto23
tweedledumb99 wrote:

I was on the winning end of a 16 on 1 last night. It wasn't even close and we all assisted perfectly.
Seriously though,I think box speed would help solo visi's
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:45 PM by Kappu
If you want to solo and are having issues finding fights it's because you need to change the way you play. You don't get to walk to what used to be just normal slow spots but instead, you need to think about the task and routes you would take to get there.

I have had no issues finding fights and as a sneak, I've seen plenty of small man and groups which just need others to fight. I've seen plenty of nice fights between groups that don't get interrupted or just the normal patrols getting kills.

Is soloing and small man difficult? Yes, but that's how it has always been.

- The biggest things I've seen are that you have to travel to places now and I do think NF would help this a bit.

- I have no problem with the suiciding on keeps issue since we've had people suiciding for RP and XP. They could fix this by giving less incentive to do so, but I'm not sure how to fix that and it's nice after 35 to RvR with your guild.

- I wish there was a way to know how the new tasks rotated so you could plan ahead to go to those places. The keep tasks need to be explained better because they seem to be stuck in a rotation of one realm zone and 2-3 keeps some nights and then all over the next.

I think the porting might be the onset of them offering NF to us in a poll of some kind. I have noticed that the changes being made are NF related, but I don't want to see anything like new RA's, TOA and Catacombs content added. Keep it classic with NF if that is what the players want and I also think NF would solve the Emain bottleneck. The whole reason I came back to this server was the classic RvR (RA's, Classes and Frontiers) and I don't want to see any content past SI personally, but I'd be okay with NF after discussing it with players and Bumbles.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 2:39 AM by tweedledumb99
Kappu wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 12:33 PM
tweedledumb99 wrote:

One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.

Missed the point.

Many people solo, lots of us on visis.

Before the patch, it was better for me, now it's noticeably worse. I'm probably not alone thinking this.

I want to log in less and less, I'm probably not alone in this either.

To the extent the devs care, and can reasonably address this, it's worth pointing out.

"Your playstyle doesn't matter as much as mine" isn't a really solid argument - unless most other solo visis are happy with the change, and it's just me who needs to adapt?
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:23 AM by florin
I’m enjoying the keep fights 1000%

Teleport is awesome

If it gets slow - I go to emain

Cheers
Wed 5 Jun 2019 1:40 PM by Kappu
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 2:39 AM
Kappu wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:

Missed the point.

Before the patch, it was better for me, now it's noticeably worse. I'm probably not alone thinking this.

To the extent the devs care, and can reasonably address this, it's worth pointing out.

"Your playstyle doesn't matter as much as mine" isn't a really solid argument - unless most other solo visis are happy with the change, and it's just me who needs to adapt?

Hate to say it again, but your play style isn't the way the game was designed and if you don't feel like logging in because it's to hard maybe you shouldn't have solo'd to begin with. Learn to adapt and change the way you think this game isn't designed to mindlessly walk to an area and get a solo fight and the devs are working to create a game that has keep battles, forces people out of Emain (which is what everyone was complaining about prior to the change). They did something to change that and now you all are still complaining instead of looking at where the action is going to be and then moving out of that area to a slower spot.

You don't think every group and small man didn't have to do that with the change? You have to consider the changes and how it affects the way people are going to play now and adapt to it.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 7:38 PM by Beren
Kappu wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 1:40 PM
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 2:39 AM
Kappu wrote:

Missed the point.

Hate to say it again, but your play style isn't the way the game was designed and if you don't feel like logging in because it's to hard maybe you shouldn't have solo'd to begin with. Learn to adapt and change the way you think this game isn't designed to mindlessly walk to an area and get a solo fight and the devs are working to create a game that has keep battles, forces people out of Emain (which is what everyone was complaining about prior to the change). They did something to change that and now you all are still complaining instead of looking at where the action is going to be and then moving out of that area to a slower spot.

You don't think every group and small man didn't have to do that with the change? You have to consider the changes and how it affects the way people are going to play now and adapt to it.

You forgot to tell him to re-roll....
Tue 11 Jun 2019 3:18 PM by Killaloth
Now that caravans have been removed phoenix claws are becoming rare to find on the market. I don't do keep fights and I'm happy to pay for them, provided they are available at reasonable prices.

Perhaps lords should drop like 5-10 instead of only 1 or keep guards should have a % chance to drop them?
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:11 AM by Anelyn77
I'm swimming in claws and nothing to use them for, all from RvR. Think am closing to 200 in vault (that in about 3 days of RvR).

No idea how this compares to PvE means of obtaining them, but maybe it helps as info?

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = LOVE
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:33 AM by Sepplord
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:11 AM
I'm swimming in claws and nothing to use them for, all from RvR. Think am closing to 200 in vault (that in about 3 days of RvR).

No idea how this compares to PvE means of obtaining them, but maybe it helps as info?

I'd gladly buy some in Midgard...
From my experience prices for these things are exploding. The last time i got claws for 20g/ea (which makes 1min stealthlore cost 40g) was 3-4weeks ago
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:37 AM by Anelyn77
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:33 AM
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:11 AM

I'd gladly buy some in Midgard...
From my experience prices for these things are exploding. The last time i got claws for 20g/ea (which makes 1min stealthlore cost 40g) was 3-4weeks ago

I will check to see what I have on mid, as I haven't played this week at all there (but will be on in about 10h when timer expires - on my paci Bnothashamed). Those ~200 I have on hib from playing only RvR for past 3 days or so (1-50 and RvR).

/Bnotashamed pac healer 4L7 - Aicha 5L5 mentalist
Thu 15 Aug 2019 2:18 PM by Tieshaarrob
I had that problem and I didnt handle it the same way, but I put a disclaimer in my analysis as well. I think this is another case of "do whatever you think is best so long as you explain it".

;-)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics