Remove the 12 hour timer!

Started 25 May 2019
by Raunz
in Suggestions
I would like you to remove the 12 hour timer like it was in beta where you would be able to play all 3 realms at will.

Also i would like a explanation why there even is a timer, because my lack of imagination can't think of a reason why in the name of holy Arthur there is one.
Sat 25 May 2019 6:07 PM by jelzinga_EU
Insanity is asking the same question over and over again and except a different outcome (because you didn't like the previous answers) ?
Sat 25 May 2019 6:11 PM by Mura
The timer exists to encourage people to stick to one realm. You can periodically switch if you feel the need to, but the developers clearly don't intend for people to swap realms on a whim, or join one realm just because their zerg is bigger or whatever.

They've said multiple times that the timer is here to stay, and I don't see that changing soon.
Sat 25 May 2019 6:22 PM by Mrshady
YES!
Sat 25 May 2019 6:29 PM by access
I approve of this message.
Sat 25 May 2019 6:36 PM by FUINY7
They will implement it when server pop will be under 300, soon !
Sat 25 May 2019 6:41 PM by vulna
I would like to see the timer removed as well. I will fill in for groups for an hour or two before their guildmates log in, then I would like to be able to go to a different realm if I choose.

There are also times when there are just too many players from your own realm out and not enough enemies to fight. Couple of nights ago we had 4 alb groups roaming breif, 1 hib group, and no mids. Would have been nice to be able form up on mid to get more fights.
Sat 25 May 2019 7:35 PM by Niix
Please for the love of god remove timer, 19 year old game.... better ways to troll than things you can do without a realm timer.

It’s a falsehood that it provides any benefit to the game or server, carebears don’t known what they want.
Sat 25 May 2019 7:48 PM by buddhazeng
+ please lower it, also do not delete this post like the last ones
Sat 25 May 2019 9:08 PM by djegu
If devs would listen to our suggestions it would have been know, unfortunately they don't, so most likely your thread will be closed
Sat 25 May 2019 9:57 PM by Succi
yes lower it pls
Sat 25 May 2019 10:16 PM by amoz
Yes, 12h is excessive.
Sat 25 May 2019 10:55 PM by bluefalcon420
Live doesn't even have a time /smh
Sat 25 May 2019 10:56 PM by tormyboo
should be lowered or removed, 4 hours so you can swap between primetimes would be nice
Sun 26 May 2019 12:47 AM by Raunz
Gosainkunda wrote:
Sat 25 May 2019 11:22 PM
Timer is fine.

Explain?
Sun 26 May 2019 1:16 AM by Ardri
Relics are worthless, realm pride is gone, server pop is lower. Reduce to 4 hours or at least 8 so i can go to bed and play a different realm when i wake up.
Sun 26 May 2019 1:22 AM by access
Who are these "people" that swap realms because of relics? That's not a thing, stop pretending it is.
Sun 26 May 2019 3:16 AM by Niix
access wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 1:22 AM
Who are these "people" that swap realms because of relics? That's not a thing, stop pretending it is.

When was last time a relic was taken, even with entire realms in Molvik no one attempts 🙄

I am still waiting for one logical reason for a timer at this stage of the game
Sun 26 May 2019 5:53 AM by Dindelion
I can't see any reason for the timer to be more 1 or 2 hours honestly. Realm pride doesn't really exist, there are already quite a lot of people switching realm anyway.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:06 AM by Lollie
And yet again this subject comes up. Completely agree that it should be lowered but I've also got no doubt uthred will come along will his lock hammer and spout some crap of "no plans to change, said a million times".
Sun 26 May 2019 6:12 AM by aherm02
The biggest problem will start if u have in all realms a house... U will lose for paying rent 2 days of playing... This suxx really :/ I hope they will chance it, too

4h is enough... In 4h it will be possible that the realm situation can be change
Sun 26 May 2019 6:21 AM by Numatic
I've suggested a 24hr timer. But the difference being that you can change whenever after 24 hours is up instead of having to be logged out (honestly I think the 12hr timer would be fine if it worked that way too). Typically people play in a realm for at least a day or two before they switch. It would curb realm jumping and would still lock people out of cross realming.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:25 AM by Sms
remove realm timer. it's stupid and makes no sense.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:27 AM by Kampfar
12 hours is ok.
Play, sleep, work, choose realm.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:32 AM by jelzinga_EU
bluefalcon420 wrote:
Sat 25 May 2019 10:55 PM
Live doesn't even have a time /smh

Live doesn't even have a player
Sun 26 May 2019 6:37 AM by Leandrys
Goal of timer is to prevent abuse of realm switching, and 12h is a good setting, no point asking for removal, except if you want to realm switch abuse, ofc.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:48 AM by Lollie
Abuse in what way?
Sun 26 May 2019 7:02 AM by access
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 6:37 AM
Goal of timer is to prevent abuse of realm switching, and 12h is a good setting, no point asking for removal, except if you want to realm switch abuse, ofc.

What does that even mean?
Sun 26 May 2019 7:13 AM by dbeattie71
Lollie wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 6:48 AM
Abuse in what way?

Switch to the realm that has the best RP bonus? If that changes, switch again.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:22 AM by Druth
While pissing your pants have a short term beneficial effect when you are freezing, the long term effect is freezing even more.
"That doesn't compare to the subject!"
Well yes and no, the point made was that you should consider the long term effects, before just resorting to solving a short term problem the crudest way possible.

You see a problem: "We need easier access to filling groups in realms, and even out RvR pop", and jump to the most simplistic solution.

And as I always tell people, also in work relations, if you have a solution and can not figure out the fallout from doing it, you have not thought it through.
There is no change that is not both negative/positive, and there is no status quo that is not negative and positive.

So when I see posts saying "Remove it, there is no reason to keep it", then it reminds me of children pissing their pants. They did not think it through, and neither did the people here.

There is absolutely no evidence removing realm timer is healthy for the server, and no evidence to the opposite, so stop trying to act like you have it all figured out.
In fact, freeshard/Live that has long timer seems to do better.
Uthgard 1.0 survived a very long time with 1 week timer, Live survived till cluster(f...) without any way to do it apart from creating new account.
Uthgard 2.0 was a mess of all the worst from Uth 1.0, with little of the good.

So figure out what you are trying to solve, and then think of the pro/cons from your solution, and come up with more than one solution.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:27 AM by Lollie
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 7:13 AM
Lollie wrote:
Abuse in what way?

Thing is though after 4 hours those bonuses can be gone.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:29 AM by dbeattie71
Lollie wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 7:27 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Lollie wrote:
Abuse in what way?

Oh, I thought the OP said to not have a timer at all.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:34 AM by Lollie
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 7:29 AM
Lollie wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 7:27 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:

Oh, I thought the OP said to not have a timer at all.

Yeah your right, it seems like that is what he's after, personally no timer is a no no quite possibly for the reason your said. 4 hours imo would work just fine to stop realm hopping
Sun 26 May 2019 8:13 AM by Leandrys
dbeattie71 wrote:
Lollie wrote:
Abuse in what way?

Yep, and it's always been a plague for the game.
Sun 26 May 2019 9:36 AM by Raunz
Still have no heard of a valid reason why there should be a timer other then "people will chase RP bonus"

About chasing RP bonus well Einsteins, if every one will be chasing the bonus like you claim would happen wont it just always balance itself out?

Let's be honest, do you really play the game to chase some X% bonus or do you play what you want so you can have fun?
Sun 26 May 2019 9:52 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 9:36 AM
Still have no heard of a valid reason why there should be a timer other then "people will chase RP bonus"

About chasing RP bonus well Einsteins, if every one will be chasing the bonus like you claim would happen wont it just always balance itself out?

Let's be honest, do you really play the game to chase some X% bonus or do you play what you want so you can have fun?

Why fake that you care about the reasons against removing it?
Go back in the previous posts, has been posted multiple times every time people bring it up.
Sun 26 May 2019 10:29 AM by Dalira
remove it or let the rank 10+ teams have no cd timer :p

sucks atm
Sun 26 May 2019 1:50 PM by Tree
No, timer is needed for meaningful RvR and for exploit prevention.
12 hour already is extremely low, removing it will just turn this server more into an arcade quick PvP action game.
Sun 26 May 2019 2:32 PM by Anelyn77
I think lowering the timer will help with more activity and peeps being interested in playing for longer periods.

Example: day with no raids, few guildies on, no serious groups forming in RvR, meanwhile other 2 realms run 2-3fgs in emain. What are you going to do? PvE? Level another toon? Play thid? Or you could hop on other 2 realms (4h minimum, IMHO 6h would be better) and level a toon there or check if your lvl 50 there can join a raid or keep take w/e.

We need to encourage people to play the game and stop thinking elitistic and selfish, it's a MMO, the more players interested and having fun (whatever they are doing) the better for the server and health of the community as a whole - IMHO.
Sun 26 May 2019 2:37 PM by Niix
I’m sorry but people swapping to chase the RP bonus??? Wouldn’t that in ITS DESIGN lower the RP bonus and help balance out the realm? Isn’t that exactly what the RP bonus is for?

Wtf?
Sun 26 May 2019 3:10 PM by Yeeha
12h is perfect dont touch it

//edit: ok if u remove it to 0 and we have drafts again i´ll definitly suggest to touch it, touch it good
Sun 26 May 2019 3:41 PM by Dindelion
Tree wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 1:50 PM
12 hour already is extremely low, removing it will just turn this server more into an arcade quick PvP action game.

I'm sorry but are we playing the same game, on the same server ? The game already is a quick arcade pvp game lol, most of the action is in Emain, you run 2min you click and shoot, die, respawn and get back instantly into the arena that is Emain.
Have you seen what pvp event we got this week-end ? Do you think it promotes realm wide strategic play ?

I don't really know what people like you means with "meaningful RvR", because most of the BGs action in RvR is actually taking empty keeps.

Wake up, it's already counter strike.
Sun 26 May 2019 4:16 PM by Kampfar
If there would be no timer, pretty sure staff would need at least 2 ppl just for ban all the ppl switch for insulting the others that added/ranaway/vanished etc etc ...
Sun 26 May 2019 5:02 PM by FUINY7
We need max 30 min timer to protect any RvR ongoing actions (not sure it's a thing), more time than that just suppress the fun peoples could have by switching when not able to form on one side, how many play sessions ruined because RvR action was bad/imbalance and implayable but would have been saved by re-rolling or switching to another realm, it would also reduce rank gap by helping peoples re-rolling more.

I'm not playing only on Alb by choice, but more forced to do it since organizing 8 or more peoples with a 12H timer complicated thing too much.
And I still haven't played on mid on this server because of the timer, and i had to chose between alb and hib because of this timer, haven't bring my Eld full stuff in RvR at all... Playing 33% of that game right now ...

In a world were we tend to open border you are enforcing virtual one, we need more flexibility and less bullshit excuses, there is not reasonable reasons for that 12H timer, especially on a 19 YO game, i want to be able to PUG with peoples i use to fight for many years when my mate are not running or too many present, that simple. This is segregation.

The experience felt in the game is decreasing in quality, having GM holding position on that matter only make it worse. we will soon reach a point of failure in term of populations, living the zerg action being more and more unbalance till one side dominate all and for those who seek 8v8 less encounter, it's already happening but still can be reversed, but it's almost too late, saw that on many server by that past. (especially with WoW classic coming)
History just repeat itself, and the only common denominator i can see is unchanging rules.
Sun 26 May 2019 5:31 PM by Leandrys
Dindelion wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 3:41 PM
Tree wrote:

I'm sorry but are we playing the same game, on the same server ? The game already is a quick arcade pvp game lol, most of the action is in Emain, you run 2min you click and shoot, die, respawn and get back instantly into the arena that is Emain.
Have you seen what pvp event we got this week-end ? Do you think it promotes realm wide strategic play ?

I don't really know what people like you means with "meaningful RvR", because most of the BGs action in RvR is actually taking empty keeps.

Cause ofc, you wern't able to guess that event is some kind of alpha test for features of OF, did you ? OF who brings more strategic RvR and not clustered BG adventures 7/7 h24 for Alb and Mid.

Realm switch timer reaches its goal, not allowing realm switch, let's just try to avoid crap which destroyed Live and Uthgard.
Sun 26 May 2019 6:22 PM by Dindelion
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 5:31 PM
Dindelion wrote:
Tree wrote:

Cause ofc, you wern't able to guess that event is some kind of alpha test for features of OF, did you ? OF who brings more strategic RvR and not clustered BG adventures 7/7 h24 for Alb and Mid.

Realm switch timer reaches its goal, not allowing realm switch, let's just try to avoid crap which destroyed Live and Uthgard.

Kinda funny you "attack" me whereas your post doesn't have anything to do with the realm timer nor with my post actually. Obv they are trying NF stuff, but you're just guessing (and I'm all for NF btw) but I think we won't have NF because 1/ devs said it would take months, 2/ Some people actually like OF. My take is we might get some updated keeps for OF, and that wouldn't change a damn thing about Emain. Anyway that's not even sure, you and I are just guessing about NF, my post was just facts about server's action nowadays.

A lot of people want to play multiple realms and while I can understand why having no realm timer can be bad, I don't understand why having a 1-2h timer would break anything.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:52 PM by Raunz
Agreed the timer is some made up rule that serves no purpose other then preventing people to have fun. Time to get rid of it!
Sun 26 May 2019 8:07 PM by dbeattie71
Kampfar wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 4:16 PM
If there would be no timer, pretty sure staff would need at least 2 ppl just for ban all the ppl switch for insulting the others that added/ranaway/vanished etc etc ...

Yup.
Sun 26 May 2019 10:42 PM by Leandrys
Dindelion wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 6:22 PM
Kinda funny you "attack" me whereas your post doesn't have anything to do with the realm timer nor with my post actually. Obv they are trying NF stuff, but you're just guessing (and I'm all for NF btw) but I think we won't have NF because 1/ devs said it would take months, 2/ Some people actually like OF. My take is we might get some updated keeps for OF, and that wouldn't change a damn thing about Emain. Anyway that's not even sure, you and I are just guessing about NF, my post was just facts about server's action nowadays.

A lot of people want to play multiple realms and while I can understand why having no realm timer can be bad, I don't understand why having a 1-2h timer would break anything.

Yeah you're right, i'm so much out of topic when replying to this :

Well, bullseye, that was exactly the opposite of what you said. And if we have to debate about banes and boons of quick realm switch timer, i don't even need to talk about obvious abuses related to RP, spying (which allready happens atm tho) and co, nah, let's just remember the wonderful trashtalk we had on live and several shards when Cartman got P0wNd with his 10L+ SB by solo eld 2L7, and the hundreds of potential Cartmans we naturally have in game. No ty.

Leave one window open, a lot of people will enter, it's natural, there has to be limits. + You allready can play every realm, monday Alb, tuesday Hibernia, etc... So what's the point ? Why do you need to switch so much quickly ?
Mon 27 May 2019 4:51 AM by Raunz
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 10:42 PM
Dindelion wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 6:22 PM

Yeah you're right, i'm so much out of topic when replying to this :

Well, bullseye, that was exactly the opposite of what you said. And if we have to debate about banes and boons of quick realm switch timer, i don't even need to talk about obvious abuses related to RP, spying (which allready happens atm tho) and co, nah, let's just remember the wonderful trashtalk we had on live and several shards when Cartman got P0wNd with his 10L+ SB by solo eld 2L7, and the hundreds of potential Cartmans we naturally have in game. No ty.

Leave one window open, a lot of people will enter, it's natural, there has to be limits. + You allready can play every realm, monday Alb, tuesday Hibernia, etc... So what's the point ? Why do you need to switch so much quickly ?

Spying huh, have you even played this server. Call of duty release run out /repeat emain and 8mans go to breif you are welcome to go spy breif good one old timer.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:30 AM by Lollie
Imo lowering the realm timer would be one of those changes that wouldn't make anybody quit, but it might keep people from leaving the game and perhaps even entice other players back.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:38 AM by Druth
Lollie wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 5:30 AM
Lowering the realm timer would be one of those changes that wouldn't make anybody quit, but it might keep people from leaving the game and perhaps even entice other players back.

Amazing research done there, it has it all. Guessing your questionnaire was done on you and maybe a few friends?
Mon 27 May 2019 5:49 AM by Lollie
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 5:38 AM
Lollie wrote:
Lowering the realm timer would be one of those changes that wouldn't make anybody quit, but it might keep people from leaving the game and perhaps even entice other players back.

Amazing research done there, it has it all. Guessing your questionnaire was done on you and maybe a few friends?

Edited, happy now?
Mon 27 May 2019 6:23 AM by Druth
Lollie wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 5:49 AM
Druth wrote:
Lollie wrote:

Edited, happy now?

No, only slightly less grumpy.
But yeah, my opinions are also just "imo". And that's what this boils down to, we have no knowledge on long term effects.

I think that the short term effects would be more action.
I think the long term effect would be dead server apart from the 3-5 8man groups using the server as an arena at different hours.

It looks like to me, that the people pushing for no realm timer are 8man guilds, and the people pushing to keep it are more casuals.
Imo, the future of the server lies with the casuals.
Mon 27 May 2019 8:05 AM by Raunz
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 6:23 AM
Lollie wrote:
Druth wrote:

Edited, happy now?

But yeah, my opinions are also just "imo". And that's what this boils down to, we have no knowledge on long term effects.

I think the long term effect would be dead server apart from the 3-5 8man groups using the server as an arena at different hours.

It looks like to me, that the people pushing for no realm timer are 8man guilds, and the people pushing to keep it are more casuals.

I'm a casual and i'm for the removal of timer.
Mon 27 May 2019 8:06 AM by Sepplord
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 2:32 PM
I think lowering the timer will help with more activity and peeps being interested in playing for longer periods.

Example: day with no raids, few guildies on, no serious groups forming in RvR, meanwhile other 2 realms run 2-3fgs in emain. What are you going to do? PvE? Level another toon? Play thid? Or you could hop on other 2 realms (4h minimum, IMHO 6h would be better) and level a toon there or check if your lvl 50 there can join a raid or keep take w/e.

We need to encourage people to play the game and stop thinking elitistic and selfish, it's a MMO, the more players interested and having fun (whatever they are doing) the better for the server and health of the community as a whole - IMHO.

To me your whole post sounds like an example of why the realm timer is a good thing
So the realm timer needs to be lowered so when your realm is currently doing a bit bad you can just switch to one of the realms that are currently doing well...
Mon 27 May 2019 8:19 AM by Tree
Dindelion wrote:
Tree wrote:

Flawless reasoning; its already bad, so why not make it worse?
Mon 27 May 2019 8:28 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 8:05 AM

I don't know what you are now, but you have not been a casual from launch till now.
Mon 27 May 2019 8:47 AM by Raunz
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 8:28 AM
Raunz wrote:

I don't know what you are now, but you have not been a casual from launch till now.

I have hardly played the game after first month of launch so you are misinformed about both my play hours and have flawed view about the timer.
Mon 27 May 2019 9:15 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 8:47 AM
I have hardly played the game after first month of launch so you are misinformed about both my play hours and have flawed view about the timer.

https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/raunzlp

Yeah 200k RPs in the last 48hours is just screaming filthy casual
Mon 27 May 2019 9:17 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Druth wrote:
Raunz wrote:

Like I said "you have not been a casual from launch till now", you might be one now, but I have a feeling your main focus remains 8man groups, but I might be wrong.
I can't have a "flawed view about the timer", because there is not a correct view, only opinions.
Mon 27 May 2019 9:21 AM by Meandow
Just make the timer 1-2h, its enough time for the tide to turn between realm and zergs so it wont affect that part. It will however give you the option to still switch during weekend for example if you want to try another realm temporarily.

Personally I am staying on alb permanently because unless I can swap somewhat freely I dont see the point.
Mon 27 May 2019 9:22 AM by Druth
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:15 AM
Raunz wrote:

He managed 100k rps per day from launch and the first month, every day, on his menta.
Not sure what "casual" means anymore, but if that is what it means, then I guess when I say "casual" I mean "people who play less than 2 hours/day".
Mon 27 May 2019 9:31 AM by Sepplord
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:22 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:15 AM
Raunz wrote:

He managed 100k rps per day from launch and the first month, every day, on his menta.
Not sure what "casual" means anymore, but if that is what it means, then I guess when I say "casual" I mean "people who play less than 2 hours/day".

to be fair, he explicitly exlcuded the first months from his statement...and since i can't check back detailed number/week from back then the current availalbe data is more than enough
Mon 27 May 2019 9:35 AM by Druth
Had to look it up... casual = "relaxed and unconcerned"

So how much you play really doesn't matter in that regard, and since we have no idea how Raunz feels, we have no idea if he is casual or not.
Mon 27 May 2019 9:44 AM by Sepplord
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:35 AM
Had to look it up... casual = "relaxed and unconcerned"

So how much you play really doesn't matter in that regard, and since we have no idea how Raunz feels, we have no idea if he is casual or not.

I disagree. IF we really take that definiton, then none of us are casuals. As soon as we voice our opinion that shows that we are not unconcerned.
But i guess we are derailing the thread a bit now...not that it will lead anywhere this time around, but let's at least give it a chance.
Mon 27 May 2019 9:48 AM by MiNDmaZing
The staff could be more flexible, why dont they test it for a week... for example giving hibs a porter to breif or lowering the realm switch timer to 1-2 Hours. If Its not working? ok change it back.
Mon 27 May 2019 10:11 AM by Muschen
Raunz wrote:
Druth wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 6:23 AM
Lollie wrote:
Edited, happy now?

Same here, would be easier to get action when i finally have the time to play. I would be levelling an alt on another realm while i wait for RvR action to pick up.
Right now im just logging off if there is no action when i have filled my alt need on my realm.
Mon 27 May 2019 11:05 AM by Kampfar
Druth wrote:
Raunz wrote:

Thought raunz is daoc expert?
Mon 27 May 2019 11:40 AM by Sepplord
MiNDmaZing wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:48 AM
The staff could be more flexible, why dont they test it for a week... for example giving hibs a porter to breif or lowering the realm switch timer to 1-2 Hours. If Its not working? ok change it back.

History has shown that that just makes everyone mad. The ones that dislike it get mad when it is put in, the ones that like it get mad when it is put away.
Look at the last "porting in RvR"-event. In the end the population was split basically half/half and a compromise was found, that people from both sides got mad at. People still quote is as proof that devs do what they want because they didn't listen to the majority (because the vote was something like 51%/49% instead of a flat 50/50)
Mon 27 May 2019 12:54 PM by Raunz
I have not seen a valid reason for the timer yet, just a lot of nonsense.

More detailed explanations with proof or don't bother.

Thank you
Mon 27 May 2019 1:00 PM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 12:54 PM
I have not seen a reason, I agree with, for the timer yet, just a lot of reasons I ignore.

Despite not requiring proof for removing timer I want proof for keeping it.

Will keep ignoring your reasons, if you post them

Fixed for you.
Mon 27 May 2019 2:48 PM by Scania
remove remove!!
Mon 27 May 2019 3:27 PM by FUINY7
So there only few heretic players defending the switch timer system, why can't we just vote, last time results where astonishing in favor of removing the timer, yet GM don't act, oligarchy much.
Mon 27 May 2019 3:32 PM by rafjord
great idea
Mon 27 May 2019 4:29 PM by waffles8
No vote needed. Timer was a stupid idea to begin with. Lower it or remove it. A quarter of the population has already been banned for trying to circumvent it when it doesn’t negatively impact the game in any way. I don’t even bother playing anymore cause I have to plan my whole day in advance as to what I’m going to in game so I know what realm to log on. I’d play a lot more if I had the option to switch realms. This isn’t 2001, Phoenix needs to keep up with the times.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:04 PM by Meandow
waffles8 wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 4:29 PM
No vote needed. Timer was a stupid idea to begin with. Lower it or remove it.A quarter of the population has already been banned for trying to circumvent it when it doesn’t negatively impact the game in any way. I don’t even bother playing anymore cause I have to plan my whole day in advance as to what I’m going to in game so I know what realm to log on. I’d play a lot more if I had the option to switch realms. This isn’t 2001, Phoenix needs to keep up with the times.

This.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:08 PM by karate
Raunz wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 12:54 PM
I have not seen a valid reason for the timer yet, just a lot of nonsense.

More detailed explanations with proof or don't bother.

Thank you

I will not log on until Raunz demands are met. Draconriys!? Gandalf the gray
Mon 27 May 2019 5:14 PM by FUINY7
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 11:40 AM
MiNDmaZing wrote:

History has shown that that just makes everyone mad. The ones that dislike it get mad when it is put in, the ones that like it get mad when it is put away.
Look at the last "porting in RvR"-event. In the end the population was split basically half/half and a compromise was found, that people from both sides got mad at. People still quote is as proof that devs do what they want because they didn't listen to the majority (because the vote was something like 51%/49% instead of a flat 50/50)

It's non correlated, you are talking about in-game feature, we are talking about ACCESSING the full game, you are making no point by bringing this.
And vote for timer was more like 80/20 in favor of no timer.

ps : today i was offered to play on mid for the incoming NA tournament, can't reroll since i'm on alb already, that doesn't make sense.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:28 PM by jonl
remove timer
Mon 27 May 2019 5:38 PM by Aysuna
:wave: Heya ... , i also think its better if the timer got removed or at least reduced .
we going down on the low population the server still have ppl who keep play on it .
i would like to see stats of account multi realm who switch to comparate .
maybe can decide to unlock every account ,who got ban for multi realm .make no sense at this state of the season !

Friendly Mr Venise .
Mon 27 May 2019 5:43 PM by Demaischler
Pls switch the timer that u even can swap realm if u were logged in and disable swap for 1 Week after that.
Mon 27 May 2019 5:48 PM by Raunz
Drafts will be back once timer is removed!
Mon 27 May 2019 5:50 PM by Kampfar
Demaischler wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 5:43 PM
Pls switch the timer that u even can swap realm if u were logged in and disable swap for 1 Week after that.

That would be worse than now imo
Mon 27 May 2019 6:05 PM by Kyllikki
I don't know if this timer is good or bad but it's obvious if it was shorter, I would play a lot more.

Actually, if friends say they don't play a day, I just don't play too because I can't afford to have a timer to play next day whereas if the timer was reduced I could play with other friends on another realm.
Mon 27 May 2019 6:23 PM by Bradekes
Instead of removing the timer fix it so you get a chance to change realm once in 12h like you choose to play mid but your friends want to play alb, you can instantly change to alb but after that your locked into alb for 12h
Mon 27 May 2019 7:10 PM by Juanito
Hello,

Timer 1 or 2 hour and all set.

Ty
Mon 27 May 2019 8:20 PM by Sepplord
FUINY7 wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 5:14 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 11:40 AM
MiNDmaZing wrote:

It's non correlated, you are talking about in-game feature, we are talking about ACCESSING the full game, you are making no point by bringing this.
And vote for timer was more like 80/20 in favor of no timer.

ps : today i was offered to play on mid for the incoming NA tournament, can't reroll since i'm on alb already, that doesn't make sense.

The people against a short timer are against it because of the influence it has on ingame behaviour....the two things are perfectly comparable....
i am a bit confused why you think it isn't correlated at all...

i haven't seen a vote with 80% voting for no timer...if that is true and the results are already known then that changes the usefullness of my argument
Mon 27 May 2019 9:25 PM by The Skies Asunder
The timer is archaic, and unnecessary IMO. The more you limit people on how they want to enjoy the game, the less people will stay. I would certainly play more if I had the option of switching whenever I wanted. For the people arguing to keep the timer, trying to force people to to enjoy the game exactly how you do is not a good way to keep players around. More freedoms, please!
Mon 27 May 2019 9:57 PM by stinsfire
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:25 PM
The timer is archaic, and unnecessary IMO. The more you limit people on how they want to enjoy the game, the less people will stay. I would certainly play more if I had the option of switching whenever I wanted. For the people arguing to keep the timer, trying to force people to to enjoy the game exactly how you do is not a good way to keep players around. More freedoms, please!

You do realize the exact same thing can be said about you?
I would be fine with 6h timer but not less. I don't want to play wth realm hoppers with zero realm pride and loyality on this server. I am totally fine with 12 hours but could accept it being reduced to 6
Mon 27 May 2019 10:56 PM by FUINY7
realm hoper ? pride ?
Is this a thing ?, seems like we talk about the minority of a minority
Mon 27 May 2019 11:02 PM by The Skies Asunder
stinsfire wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 9:57 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:

I would be fine with 6h timer but not less. I don't want to play wth realm hoppers with zero realm pride and loyality on this server. I am totally fine with 12 hours but could accept it being reduced to 6

No one is going to make you switch realms. My stance of allowing something, that will not change anything about the way that you personally play, is not the same as you imposing your own view of "realm pride" on people, and not allowing them to switch when they want to.
Mon 27 May 2019 11:15 PM by stinsfire
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 11:02 PM
stinsfire wrote:
The Skies Asunder wrote:

No one is going to make you switch realms. My stance of allowing something, that will not change anything about the way that you personally play, is not the same as you imposing your own view of "realm pride" on people, and not allowing them to switch when they want to.

Let me quote someone else in this thread:
The people against a short timer are against it because of the influence it has on ingame behaviour....the two things are perfectly comparable....

So you would force me to play in a different environment that doesn't resemble daoc as I know it from classic live.
Tue 28 May 2019 12:01 AM by Freedomcall
I think 12h is enough personally and i play all 3 realms, thou some ppl might think 12h is too long.
BUT i think we need timer anyway at least 1~2h.
No timers? Well. that means you can collect informations of another realm and instantly switch realm to exploit it.
Lets say i search df midside with my Skald, then switch to NS and assassinate some lowbies, then log skald again and see how mids reacts and look for another victim. How will you prevent this?
This is just a smallest and rough example i can think of atm.
But i'm sure there will be more ppl can come up with if they think how to abuse it more throughly.
And i think this is one of the reasons that server rules says players in same households should play same realm.
Tue 28 May 2019 12:51 AM by pconnolly1
The server is nearly at a quarter of its original population.

The amount of friends we can play with become less and less with each day.

On the off chance that you can actually get a group of friends to login its required to organise it 12 hours in advance.
Most of us playing this game are 30+ years old , We can't make commitments like this, Maybe when it was 4k population but not now.

Anyone who believes they server population will remain the same or have a chance of growing with the 12 hour timer are delusional.
Tue 28 May 2019 5:01 AM by Raunz
stinsfire wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 11:15 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 11:02 PM
stinsfire wrote:

Let me quote someone else in this thread:

So you would force me to play in a different environment that doesn't resemble daoc as I know it from classic live.

"Environment that doesn't resemble..." Do we play the same same server? Nothing resembles classic daoc about this server, it's full custom. Not even sure what you talking about you are clearly trolling.
Tue 28 May 2019 6:42 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 5:01 AM
"Environment that doesn't resemble..." Do we play the same same server? Nothing resembles classic daoc about this server, it's full custom. Not even sure what you talking about you are clearly trolling.

For someone trying so hard to not understand his point, you throw around the troll accusations pretty freely.

I wonder how long we will get to experience your wonderful comments this time before you go silent again for a few weeks/months just to emerge with new bullshit to entertain everyone
Tue 28 May 2019 9:49 AM by Raunz
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 6:42 AM
Raunz wrote:

For someone trying so hard to not understand his point, you throw around the troll accusations pretty freely.

I wonder how long we will get to experience your wonderful comments this time before you go silent again for a few weeks/months just to emerge with new bullshit to entertain everyone

The man was talking nonsense, this server resembles more of Call of Duty then classic DAOC, i could of went off on him hard but i'm trying to keep this civil here but enough is enough.

The support to remove the timer is overwhelming and all the counter points to it are not even remotely valid or people are just trolling.

Of course the question about asking for a reason for the timer is sarcastic as there is non, it's a terrible rule and people need to start speaking up.

Fight the power!
Tue 28 May 2019 10:20 AM by keen
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 6:42 AM
Raunz wrote:

To the point.
Tue 28 May 2019 10:49 AM by Lillebror
I would vote for no timer since it shouldnt be possible to change with out deleting
Tue 28 May 2019 10:52 AM by Cuth
Remove the timer
Tue 28 May 2019 2:53 PM by Sleepwell
One of the main reasons i decided to hop from Live to Pheonix was due to the realm timer. People chased the bonus constantly, and attacking a relic was pointless unless u played Hib during Euro primetime (and joined the Hero raid). While i think 12 hours could be reduced, no one will agree with how long is too much or enough. For each one that doesnt want a realm timer, there is a similar amount of those who want a timer. In the end, those who want to play will play, those who don't won't. Remove the timer and some will quit. Leave it and some will quit. Just have to accept the fact that you're not gonna satisfy 100% of the population.
Tue 28 May 2019 3:47 PM by Mac
I think there needs to be a timer to prevent people from switching realms in the middle of a relic raid or other sta=rategic fight BUT... It doesn't need to be 12 hours for that. 4 hours would be enough.
Tue 28 May 2019 4:53 PM by Sms
please remove the timer, so boring to be stuck on a realm in 2019 yikes.
Tue 28 May 2019 11:42 PM by access
Okay, so we all at least agree on lowering it 4 hours.

Let's do that.
Wed 29 May 2019 12:19 AM by Nastai
I'm not saying remove the timer completely, but I am all for changing it from 12 hours.

Let me play until I sleep, then wake up a few hours later and play a different realm.
Wed 29 May 2019 12:31 AM by AngelRose
2 hours would be plenty. Protects relic raids, discourages realm hopping for rp bonus, etc. But lets friends group through out the day, instead of trying to time it perfectly.

I have a friend that runs with an alb group. Would be fun to duo with him during off times on mid....its not possible, so I just don't log on.
Wed 29 May 2019 4:53 AM by Raunz
We have massive support for the timer change but I 💯 disagree with even 5 min timer. It needs to be removed so people won't waste their evening being stuck on wrong realm. Another benefit would be restarting drafts and people would pve more characters for it on each realm so it would overall be good for the health of the server. Everyone should be happy both the 8mans and zergers getting rid of 8 mans from main zones.
Wed 29 May 2019 6:21 AM by Wasted_Content
definitely think there needs to be some sort of timer so people cant ninja relic raids (because people do those here >> ) but 12 hours is too long! 4 hours is way more than enough IMO.
Wed 29 May 2019 9:50 AM by Raunz
I gotta banned today from Phoenix discord for mentioning this thread, the abuse of power and cencorship is real if you have different view and voice your opinion. They do not listen to gamers who know every little aspect of the game and want help guide the ones in power to the right direction.
Wed 29 May 2019 10:05 AM by florin
Raunz wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 9:50 AM
I gotta banned today from Phoenix discord for mentioning this thread, the abuse of power and cencorship is real if you have different view and voice your opinion. They do not listen to gamers who know every little aspect of the game and want help guide the ones in power to the right direction.

You should really try to convince people in /advice - that’s the place to do it - they will listen eventually
Wed 29 May 2019 10:08 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:

pics or it didn't happen.
I bet you were banned for the language/attitude you used, not because you simply mentioned this thread.

BTW. Have you even read the rules? For someone so upset about the devs behaviour i would have thought you to care more about your own behaviour too
12.2 Public discussions about already enforced punishments are strictly forbidden in game, on forums and on discord.

And i bet I could add a myriad of violations if i cared enough to go back to your older comments. But i don't, so ill stick to the ones that jumped at me without having to put in work
Wed 29 May 2019 10:27 AM by ulf
No put a timer 24 hours please
Wed 29 May 2019 10:52 AM by Uthred
Raunz wrote:

Pls dont spread false informations and lies. You didnt get banned for mentioning this thread. You had mentioned this thread multiple times on discord before. You got banned on discord because you were constantly trying to discuss this on discord, even though you got told multiple times to stop it as the discord is not for discussions, but to help players. This thread is the place to discuss this topic and not the Phoenix discord.

You were muted multiple times before on discord for insulting players and for not following the discord rules. We told you, after we removed the last mute, that you will get a ban on discord next time, if you dont follow the rules. You didnt want to listen, so you got your ban there. Gz on that.

Dont speak of censorship just because you think that you are above the rules of this server and that they are not valid for you. You are on Phoenix a very long time and you know exactly that this would happen. So please stop trying to play the "im innocent and the GMs abuse their power" card.

Stay on topic, thx.
Wed 29 May 2019 11:21 AM by Saroi
Removing the timer completely is not good in my opinion. But the timer does need to get lowered.

I have 50's on all 3 realms, I like to twink or play different chars once in a while. A 12 hour timer keeps me basically a whole day from playing DAoC. It's not like you can go to bed and play the next day, you still have to wait a few hours.

I already lost my house on Hib, because I was not willing to just log over there to pay my rent again and then switch back. That would be like 2 days not playing.

I really hope the timer gets lowered. Around 2-4 hours is enough to keep people from joining the winning realm or the one with the keep bonus. If Staff thinks that is too low, 8 hours would be somewhat fine to atleast be able to sleep and play something else the next day.
Wed 29 May 2019 11:42 AM by Sepplord
how is it basically a day?

you say yourself, after going to bed and waking up the next your need to wait a few hours... so it'S just a few hours in that case.

When switching to pay rent it is also onyl a single day: You sleep, wake up, after a few hours you switch pay rent and logg off. sleep again, wake up and should be able to play again. (i agree though that this is still a hassle just for paying rent...on the other hand though, do you really need to occupy the houseplot if you aren't even online ONCE in that realm for over 4weeks?)
Wed 29 May 2019 12:08 PM by Saroi
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 11:42 AM
how is it basically a day?

you say yourself, after going to bed and waking up the next your need to wait a few hours... so it'S just a few hours in that case.

When switching to pay rent it is also onyl a single day: You sleep, wake up, after a few hours you switch pay rent and logg off. sleep again, wake up and should be able to play again. (i agree though that this is still a hassle just for paying rent...on the other hand though, do you really need to occupy the houseplot if you aren't even online ONCE in that realm for over 4weeks?)

Because no one sits there and waits for the clock to go down? And I am not a big sleeper, so that would be around 6 hours, so I have to wait around another 6 hours then. You go do other stuff or say fuck it and log in your realm(it is early in the morning you don't have much stuff to do), because you actually want to play at some point (especially on weekends when you have a lot of time)

Well the house on my Hib isn't that important, that is why it is gone because I was not willing to wait 2x atleast 12h to log in just to pay the rent. I am here to play, I have fun. So I do not really want to have to wait a long time to have to log back and forth. I mean if the timer stays 12h it is still ok by me, I am not complaining I just would love to have an easier access to my other chars.
Wed 29 May 2019 12:39 PM by Freedomcall
Edited. Please stay on topic. Thx, Uthred.
Wed 29 May 2019 1:25 PM by Raunz
Edited: Please stay on topic. This thread is about the realm switch timer and not about your discord ban. If you think your ban is incorrect, feel free to send me a message on the forum. Greetings, Uthred.
Wed 29 May 2019 1:40 PM by kedelin
No timer in 2k19! Bring back the ability to play what you want at anytime.... it gets frustrating when you log on to find out nothing going on in guild then you can't log on to level a alt on another realm cause you are stuck.... plus the ability to do drafts would greatly increase the pve side and rvr population... if your gonna have a timer I believe 1hr max would be good... it doesn't effect anything cause relics are useless and keeps are undefendable here..
Wed 29 May 2019 1:42 PM by Sms
Edited: Please stay on topic.
Wed 29 May 2019 1:49 PM by Sms
Edited: Please stay on topic. Thx Cooky
Wed 29 May 2019 1:57 PM by Kyllikki
There is a vote showing a clear demand on the reduction of the timer, but it is not taken into account.

No one asks for the removal of the timer, but how to go from 12h to 6h for example, would change so much that the GMs do not listen to the community?
Wed 29 May 2019 2:01 PM by karate
I do think the varying standards for discord-bans is a problem depriving certain players of a chance to interact with the entire Phoenix community.

<3 to all
Wed 29 May 2019 2:03 PM by karate
karate wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 2:01 PM
I do think the varying standards for discord-bans is a problem depriving certain players of a chance to interact with the entire Phoenix community.

<3 to all

Staying on topic I wish the realm timer would be removed to enable more rewarding gameplay. Drafts are like the internet, the future.
Wed 29 May 2019 2:20 PM by Pbuck
Even though there might be some issues with removing the timer completely, I doubt there will be any whatsoever with having even an hour timer.We can assume rvr action changes quite alot during an hour, so any group should not be able to exploit the action by switching realms in that time frame. Realm pride reasons for not reducing the timer seem quite weak, most people have stuck here so long because they were able to relevel/retemplate new characters fast enough to keep the game interesting. Allowing them to extend this flexibility into all three realms seems like a good idea for the longevity of the server, which has taken a hit recently due to various reasons.
Wed 29 May 2019 2:51 PM by Raunz
Uthred wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 10:52 AM
Raunz wrote:

Pls dont spread false informations and lies. You didnt get banned for mentioning this thread. You had mentioned this thread multiple times on discord before. You got banned on discord because you were constantly trying to discuss this on discord, even though you got told multiple times to stop it as the discord is not for discussions, but to help players. This thread is the place to discuss this topic and not the Phoenix discord.

You were muted multiple times before on discord for insulting players and for not following the discord rules. We told you, after we removed the last mute, that you will get a ban on discord next time, if you dont follow the rules. You didnt want to listen, so you got your ban there. Gz on that.

Dont speak of censorship just because you think that you are above the rules of this server and that they are not valid for you. You are on Phoenix a very long time and you know exactly that this would happen. So please stop trying to play the "im innocent and the GMs abuse their power" card.

Stay on topic, thx.

You can have your point of view about things but i have no right to even reply to you publicly, yeah that censorship.

Remove the timer and we move on to the next issue.

Thank you
Raunz
Wed 29 May 2019 3:06 PM by FUINY7
The best moment i had in my last 2 years daoc experience was when we had the possibility to make huge draft pool during BETA with more than 50 players.
And by doing so, having Pure 8v8 with peoples i didn't know, sharing skills with everyone, i remember having a dude that did not played since 2003 he was pretty bad but it was fun, and still balance, you could log-in and fight within 15 min in the game you liked, and stop without commitment, it was perfect. you could make comp that you always wanted to try.
ok we will not have the /lvl 50 6L but i'm sure removing the timer would boost the PVE side and help the server get the breath it need.
Wed 29 May 2019 6:00 PM by Raunz
I would like to hear GM reasoning for even having the timer, explain to me and please no troll stuff like realm pride.
Wed 29 May 2019 8:06 PM by Zzang
I think a good step would be to decrease the timer to 1 or 2 hours and see what happens, maybe people have some unnecessary fears for nothing?

If you find out that some of your current realm friends aren't playing or has to go then just take a dinner break and come back to play some other realm.
Wed 29 May 2019 8:28 PM by joy
If we were to see a 4h timer then maybe my other realms characters would actually be played.
As it is now, I simply can't touch them because of small commitment with other people in another realm almost every day.

With a zero timer, we could have drafts again. That would be great for many.
The 8 man scene do have some of the more knowledgeable people about the game.
There are also a lot of people who want to improve and get better in group rvr,
but the scene is very closed down, and it is very rare you get a chance to play and learn from these people.
Drafts actually made this possible, and because of it many 'casuals' loved it.
They got the opportunity to learn and play with people they normally never would.

Druth wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 7:22 AM
Uthgard 1.0 survived a very long time with 1 week timer,
This is a flat out lie!

Uth1 didn't have a timer.
Thu 30 May 2019 3:01 AM by Ardri
Good compromise would be 8 hours. Let me play a realm on friday night, go to bed, then play a new realm on saturday morning.
Thu 30 May 2019 5:33 AM by Raunz
Ardri wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 3:01 AM
Good compromise would be 8 hours. Let me play a realm on friday night, go to bed, then play a new realm on saturday morning.

No we are not compromising on a rule that never should of been put in.

Ardri you and me and the rest of us are the last of the daoc players, we all love this game and we cannot look by and watch this game get destroyed any longer.
Thu 30 May 2019 6:28 AM by Druth
joy wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 8:28 PM
Druth wrote:
This is a flat out lie!

Correct, my mistake. Guess things worked out there, was pretty popular server before they started downgrading everything.
I can read that the main concerns people have are when other x-realm and use information to gank, or defend relics etc...
Which would be solved with 4 hour. Can't find realm pride being an issue, not that it excludes it being an issue here though.
Thu 30 May 2019 7:49 AM by Raunz
Druth wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 6:28 AM
joy wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 8:28 PM
Druth wrote:
This is a flat out lie!

Correct, my mistake. Guess things worked out there, was pretty popular server before they started downgrading everything.
I can read that the main concerns people have are when other x-realm and use information to gank, or defend relics etc...
Which would be solved with 4 hour. Can't find realm pride being an issue, not that it excludes it being an issue here though.

Relic is not a thing and if you talk about X-Realming that is a joke/meme. How are you going to use information to gank specially in this server with call of duty type game play and 8mans just go breifine to fight each other anyway, you already know where everyone is running.

Honestly this whole discussion is not even needed as there is no reason for the timer, remove it and move on to other important issues.
Thu 30 May 2019 8:28 AM by Obelisk
I'd love a reduced timer for sure.
Thu 30 May 2019 11:07 AM by Chaskha
Just adding my piece in favor of a reduced timer.
I switch for the following reasons:
- Pay the rents
- Transfer money
- Start a new toon / xp an old toon

Each time I'm on a Realm, I do belong to that realm, I don't hop on discords to warn about every movements.
Midgard is my home realm though, I always come back to it eventually yet it's just a game and I see no point in spying.

I honestly don't understand the timer aside from a xrealm point of view and that would be defeated with a much smaller timer.
I firmly believe 6h would be a good alternative - it would allow to play a bit your friends realm in the evening, get some sleep, play a toon somewhere else, work and switch back to your friends.

I guess there are a variety of scenari but in the end, what's the compelling argument in favor of 12h ?
Thu 30 May 2019 12:23 PM by access
We are the last people that enjoy this game.

Realm pride is not real. Stop the role-playing for a minute and realize that thinking like that is going to be the last nail in DAOC's coffin.

Remove the timer.
Thu 30 May 2019 6:28 PM by FUINY7
20 TO 30 MIN TIMER MAX to let the ongoing RvR action time to end, and still let peoples to switch when action stink on one side or missing player to complete proper group.
It would allow player to run more often and balance the server by itself :
In the last days i haven't form because of the lack of players, when i could have bring players from an other realm to join US or vis versa.
In the last days i tried to reroll a char on another side just to be forced to give up because the timer would not made it possible to also play with friends on my original realm.

We are at a point i already experience on other free-shard where the critical point is reached, server is dying :

https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html

The trend line is clear, i give it 2-3 more months with this kind of rules-set and i expect it to accelerate because of situations i just described.

GM, don't let us fall in the ravine, don't repeat other free-shard GM mistake over again.
Thu 30 May 2019 6:44 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
What if they allowed you to switch realm on a shorter timer if you want to play in one of the overpopulated realms? That way you can help out the realm that needs more people in rvr. I am playing alb right now but noticing hibs have 200-300 less in NA times. Would be cool to be able to do a faster switch to the underpop realms if it's like that consistently. I still think the timer should be shorter but this could be a compromise that makes sense.
Thu 30 May 2019 7:33 PM by Raunz
FUINY7 wrote:
Thu 30 May 2019 6:28 PM
20 TO 30 MIN TIMER MAX to let the ongoing RvR action time to end, and still let peoples to switch when action stink on one side or missing player to complete proper group.
It would allow player to run more often and balance the server by itself :
In the last days i haven't form because of the lack of players, when i could have bring players from an other realm to join US or vis versa.
In the last days i tried to reroll a char on another side just to be forced to give up because the timer would not made it possible to also play with friends on my original realm.

We are at a point i already experience on other free-shard where the critical point is reached, server is dying :

https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html

The trend line is clear, i give it 2-3 more months with this kind of rules-set and i expect it to accelerate because of situations i just described.

GM, don't let us fall in the ravine, don't repeat other free-shard GM mistake over again.

Fuiny you just did technical analysis on Phoenix and you say short it ?
Thu 30 May 2019 7:44 PM by Yokahu
Something I don’t quite get. Doesn’t the underpopulated bonus helps to balance the realms population? If so, it doesn’t makes sense to wait 12h to switch realms to help the underpop realm and to get the benefit of bonus.

Having a shorter timer will work well with the bonus and balancing the realms population.
Fri 31 May 2019 1:33 PM by Ardri
Mac wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 3:47 PM
I think there needs to be a timer to prevent people from switching realms in the middle of a relic raid or other sta=rategic fight BUT... It doesn't need to be 12 hours for that. 4 hours would be enough.

I have good news for you, relics are worthless and no one cares about them! Devs want it this way and don't care either! 8hr timer pls.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 6:12 AM by Sms
removeeeeeeeeeeee timer.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 10:26 AM by wicenz
Timer 30 min is fine not more...
Sat 1 Jun 2019 10:33 PM by Tharlin
30 min timer is enough!
Sun 2 Jun 2019 1:11 PM by Milchschnidde
I also vote for a reduce of the Timer, playing Hibernia got close to all chars and want only play RvR for the most time, but sometime my friend and i want to go albion or midgard and just du little PVE to get some feeling for certain classes.. but you cannot 12 hours limits you to being able to play 2 realms in 1 Day.
I dont know what is the reason for that long time ? 4 hours would be absolute sufficent to not distrube any META or server Balance...
Sun 2 Jun 2019 4:25 PM by Sms
please 30min timer max.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 11:45 PM by boomber
have the devs ever explained their reasoning behind the timer?

realm/server pride doesn't exist. the game is 20 years old. relics don't matter. why be so stubborn here?

please remove timer before server pop declines even further.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:28 AM by Druth
I changed my mind, remove the timer but give people who don't switch massive bonuses to rp.
Then people both get freedom, but those who believe in realm pride gets rewarded.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:37 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I don't understand why this is still open. I made a similar post previous to this one and had reasons listed, asking for a discussion, but instead they just replied with "We have no intention of changing this" and locked it.

Meanwhile this one's still going strong with the same few people saying the same few things over and over.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:46 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Well they say "please stop talking about it" it's kinda like the barbara streisand effect, now everybody wants to talk about it lol. There has been an overwhelming majority of people saying we want a shorter timer, it's just strange they don't want us to be happy being able to switch realms more easily with no explanation given! That being said I like the easy portal system and the archer stealth change so they get a + 2 for that.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:49 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:46 AM
with no explanation given

They don't like to explain their thinking about anything to anyone, I don't get it. A lot of bad attitudes would be improved with just a little communication.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 6:32 AM by Stoertebecker
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
There has been an overwhelming majority of people saying we want a shorter timer

The overwhelming majority isn`t contributing to this thread, so what are you talking about?
Mon 3 Jun 2019 6:49 AM by boomber
all we can do is keep bringing it up and hope that the devs swallow their pride (or whatever the issue is?) and admit the realm timer is pointless.

its sort of ironic how they put such effort into QoL changes for a more enjoyable experience in a 20 yr old mmo, yet refuse to even acknowledge or discuss an issue that people have been repeatedly bringing up (typically only to have their threads closed) - an issue that would be a HUGE QoL improvement for many people.

the "its our way or the highway" approach won't end well for a 20 year old freeshard, just sayin
Mon 3 Jun 2019 7:31 AM by Druth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:49 AM
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
with no explanation given

They don't like to explain their thinking about anything to anyone, I don't get it. A lot of bad attitudes would be improved with just a little communication.

They have actually explained, just that some don't agree and then call an explanation "no explanation".

Now I personally changed my mind on the subject, and now want a very low timer, but in return for the promised rewards to people who don't change realms.
And my reason is mainly that I believe a no timer will come eventually anyway, with low enough population.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:17 AM by Stoertebecker
You can`t compensate the lack of players with something like removing a realm switch timer. The number of players will stay the same.
No matter what you do, it`s nearly impossible to get a larger number of players back once they`re gone.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:40 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
It might tho, didn't a bunch of people get banned for trying to circumvent the timer? Some of us aren't just tied to one realm at this point, server has been out awhile and we have multiple realm chracters at this point. 12 hours is brutal!
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:48 AM by Druth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:17 AM
You can`t compensate the lack of players with something like removing a realm switch timer. The number of players will stay the same.
No matter what you do, it`s nearly impossible to get a larger number of players back once they`re gone.

Maybe, but if some really crave to switch so much that they risk bans, I have come to think that it would be better to allow it, but reward (greatly) people that don't.
That way you don't enforce realm pride, but encourage it instead.
Most with children understand that you often will accomplish more in regards to behavior with positive encouragement rather than punishment.

Please don't regard my change of heart as bending to the spam people have done here, but because of several arguments and thinking about my stance rather than chaining myself to it.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:12 AM by Raunz
Phoenix got some great devs but that does not mean their staff are making right decisions or have understanding of the game like many of the players in 8vs8 community do.
Problem now is that they banned massive amount of people for breaking a rule that should never of been a rule.

By removing the timer they would have to admit that they messed up and all the bans they did are ridiculous, who knows maybe the ego wont get in the way and we get some humble pie.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:21 AM by Stoertebecker
Druth wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:48 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:17 AM

Maybe, but if some really crave to switch so much that they risk bans, I have come to think that it would be better to allow it, but reward (greatly) people that don't.
That way you don't enforce realm pride, but encourage it instead.
Most with children understand that you often will accomplish more in regards to behavior with positive encouragement rather than punishment.

Please don't regard my change of heart as bending to the spam people have done here, but because of several arguments and thinking about my stance rather than chaining myself to it.

You can change your mind daily, if you want
I`d like to have the timer increased to 7 days, but thats just my opinion, not very popular, eh?

Just because i have enough from ppl that join the guild *Oh, do we have an SC, armorer, weaponcafter? I don`t have much money, can we make it at cost? So much...uuuuhhhh*, * I wanna run rvr on a daily basis, lets plan a group*....
And once they`re ready and templated and you`ve fired some plats into their butts ...they suddenly disappear, switched realm.
Not with me anymore.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:57 AM by Sepplord
Removing the timer now, doesn't mean people who broke the rules before were punished unrightfully...
this isn't civil war like, where breaking a stupid rules is an act of fighting for the right cause

changing rules neither means the rules was stupid before, nor does it imply that breaking the rule before it's change was okay

mindboggling what acrobytics have to happen in the train of thought to result in such claims
Mon 3 Jun 2019 1:58 PM by Raunz
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:57 AM
Removing the timer now, doesn't mean people who broke the rules before were punished unrightfully...
this isn't civil war like, where breaking a stupid rules is an act of fighting for the right cause

changing rules neither means the rules was stupid before, nor does it imply that breaking the rule before it's change was okay

mindboggling what acrobytics have to happen in the train of thought to result in such claims

Why you think they haven't removed it yet? Conspiracy theory maybe but seems logical to me.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 2:25 PM by nastrand
I do not post a lot but do get affected by the 12 hour timer. I am a streamer and sometimes my 8 man on Alb is not able to put together a team for whatever reasons.
I would personally like to be able to switch realm sides after a 30 minute to 1 hour delay so play with other friends. I obviously after 5 months on the server have adapted to the 12 hour timer. I have 3 50's on Mid, 2 on Hib and 3 on Alb. I have a house on Mid so I have to burn a 12 hour day to pay for my house on Mid when that comes up. I might be playing on Mid that week and their is no issue but sometimes I am not.

Anyhow, my ideas..personal and ones that I have seen mentioned already.

Give people that do not change realms RP/XP bonuses based on how long they have been on said realm (based on hours/days/weeks/months) obvious cap) This one might get out of control but we do give xp bonuses for people that run DS over and over so maybe reward the people that believe in Realm Pride as well.

No Realm Timer - Make a 1 hour timer before characters can go into RvR zones to not exploit current RvR shifts. PvE only available for that cooldown. If you want to protect it even more. /who command does not work during the 1 hour CD either. Maybe the private message commands do not work either. Not sure how strict it needs to be to preserve RvR (which is why I am sure there is a 12 hour timer now)

Reasons for this option would be:
(1) to pay rent.
(2) play a new character on desired realm.
(3) level a existing character on desired realm.
(4) See there is a TG/SIDI/Galladoria raid actually happening soon in Phoenix Discord and you want to participate.
(5) Want to craft - refill Merchant
(6) Want to play a lvl 24 twink in Thid.
(7) I am sure there are other reasons from other people that will pop up based on this idea.

30 minute - 1 hour timer.
Probably the easiest change without having to alter code to make the above suggestions work.
Would create enough of a delay to not make too much impact in any RvR happenings.

2-4 hour timer.
Definitely would not affect any kind of relic activity or RvR activity but would still affect me but this is not all about me and probably would be the closest we would get from a Dev actually approving and seeing it could work.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 4:58 AM by Raunz
Why are you trying to compromise people, the timer is ridiculous and needs to be removed, tbh we need some sort of players council with veto powers so this lunacy wont happen again.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:04 AM by Niix
Can we get a response from the Devs? Every time I ask on Discord I am ghosted or muted because the forums is the place for it and this has gotten nothing. Maybe they're actually contemplating it... though last time they voted for something they let NNF ras through bleh
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:42 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 4:58 AM
Why are you trying to compromise people, the timer is ridiculous and needs to be removed, tbh we need some sort of players council with veto powers so this lunacy wont happen again.

because that's what adults do/try

either because they believe in compromises being better solutions, or because they realise their bad arguing position...
Your idea of a veto-powered player-council clearly shows that you do not understand your negotiation position
Tue 4 Jun 2019 7:12 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:

Because some delusional people seem to think 8v8 community knows DaoC best, and because the server belongs to the Devs and not the players.

Some are even so delusional that they think you need to unban people who broke the rules, if said rule got changed.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:19 AM by Raunz
Druth wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 7:12 AM
Raunz wrote:

Because some delusional people seem to think 8v8 community knows DaoC best, and because the server belongs to the Devs and not the players.

Some are even so delusional that they think you need to unban people who broke the rules, if said rule got changed.

This is where you can see 2 totally different pov, i believe daoc belongs to the people that still play no matter who runs the server and about delusional 8vs8 community, we the 8vs8 community want to play our way and not be messed with and believe everyone should have their way of play represented... even you buddy.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:25 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:19 AM
This is where you can see 2 totally different pov, i believe daoc belongs to the people that still play no matter who runs the server and about delusional 8vs8 community, we the 8vs8 community want to play our way and not be messed with and believe everyone should have their way of play represented... even you buddy.

The playstyles are not compatible.
No realm timer (easier to form groups) vs. no switch (forced to belong to a realm)
Stealth, solo, smallman, 8man pug, 8man guild, zerg, stealth zerg.
All of these wants different things.
PvE lovers, vs. fast xp, fast templating.

You might not belong to all, but they are all on the server.

That is why you compromise,
and instead of just saying: "There is no reason for a realm timer!"
you instead try to understand why some like it, and then adjust your demands to suit their playstyle.
"No timer" is not a compromise, that is what you want.

Why don't you eat some of that "humble pie" you talked about?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:27 AM by Druth
If the Devs really do ignore you in Discord, maybe try to change your approach and not keep repeating the same "no timer"?
Maybe try constructive suggestions to get what you want, but in a different way?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:52 AM by Stoertebecker
Still trying to lead the 8v8 fanboi into the light?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:52 AM by Raunz
Druth wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:25 AM
Raunz wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:19 AM

The playstyles are not compatible.
No realm timer (easier to form groups) vs. no switch (forced to belong to a realm)
Stealth, solo, smallman, 8man pug, 8man guild, zerg, stealth zerg.
All of these wants different things.
PvE lovers, vs. fast xp, fast templating.

You might not belong to all, but they are all on the server.

That is why you compromise,
and instead of just saying: "There is no reason for a realm timer!"
you instead try to understand why some like it, and then adjust your demands to suit their playstyle.
"No timer" is not a compromise, that is what you want.

Why don't you eat some of that "humble pie" you talked about?

"Forced to belong to a realm" is a meme. None actually likes it, all you are doing is arguing in favor of it because you dislike players like me, that is very clear to see.

"humble pie" Why would i eat it when every single thing i complained about over the year on Discord i was correct about? To be fair they fixed ton of the stuff i complained about but not the major things that effect over all health of the server. #tasklife #caravan #newras #realmtimer i can #fordays
Tue 4 Jun 2019 12:35 PM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:52 AM
... None ...

... every single thing i complained about over the year on Discord i was correct about?...

I don't discuss with people that deal in absolutes, they are a fanatics worshiping their own ego.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 12:56 PM by Kyllikki
The timer particularly affects the « 8vs8 community » idd, but not because of the playstyle.

It's just more visible in 8v8 because when you’re only 8, you have no substitute player. If a friends outside the grp wanna help to complete, most of the time he can’t because he logged on another realm and often, the whole group does not play because of this.

That's less visible in larger guild because if they are 30 logged, no one care if X isn't here or if Y disconnect because he is not grp, but that's the same problem: we do not keep a population on a game by restricting it.

A timer to avoid abuse is a good thing, but as it stands, it can only contribute to the decline of the population: we solve a potential problem with something that has disastrous consequences.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 4:28 PM by access
18 Pages and we still have no official explanation of why the timer exists...
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:57 PM by raghh
I believe that 12 hours realm-timer does nothing but forcing alot of guilds to disband; which most likely is causing the server to die sooner or later. Atleast lower the timer to a few hours so people have a chance to mitigate the damge when guildies log into the wrong realm.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:52 PM by access
raghh wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:57 PM
I believe that 12 hours realm-timer does nothing but forcing alot of guilds to disband; which most likely is causing the server to die sooner or later. Atleast lower the timer to a few hours so people have a chance to mitigate the damge when guildies log into the wrong realm.

we are expected to have a conference call every morning with every single person we play with just to make sure we can play together.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:08 AM by Sepplord
access wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:52 PM
raghh wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:57 PM

we are expected to have a conference call every morning with every single person we play with just to make sure we can play together.

yeah, playing video games all day long must be such a burden ^^

seriously though, stop exxaggerating. You absolutely don't have to do what you are hinting at, do you think all set groups do that?
Have you considered maybe talking with people while you are playing in the evening?

PS: i am not against a shorter timer, but please...circlejerking bullshit around won't make them reconsider.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:39 AM by Raunz
4000 views on this thread, this calls for official statement so we know where we stand.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:55 AM by Sepplord
we know where we stand:

No changes planned at this time

If they change their mind, i am sure they will tell us
Wed 5 Jun 2019 4:31 PM by access
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:55 AM
we know where we stand:

No changes planned at this time

If they change their mind, i am sure they will tell us

Stop attempting to bail out the GMs from making an official statement.

We will not just go away, nor will we remain quiet.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 9:41 PM by Milchschnidde
Allow another account to be logged in a different realm but not at the same time.so when my main account is hibernia i logg that out and login my Albion account and play albion so i cannot realy exploit anything.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:32 PM by gruenesschaf
The timer will not be removed.

Even if you ignore the minor issues like people logging other realms to flame after getting killed, you still have the primary reason why the timer exists: Avoid fluctuations caused by joining certain bg leaders / the currently dominating realm. Best example from live would be people logging out of other realms and joining the hib Herorius zerg when it runs.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:46 PM by Niix
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:32 PM

Even if you ignore the minor issues like people logging other realms to flame after getting killed, you still have the primary reason why the timer exists: Avoid fluctuations caused by joining certain bg leaders / the currently dominating realm. Best example from live would be people logging out of other realms and joining the hib Herorius zerg when it runs.

Can you please explain why lowering the timer to 4/2/1/0.5 hours doesn't stop that from happening?

Have you seen the realm map? hibernia literally owned all of midgard not too long ago, so whatever you think its solving it isn't.

Alternate solution is to realm lock peoples RP bonuses from keeps/players so if they swap realms they have to wait 6 hours before gaining benefit from the bonuses and will only get normal static rps. This solves the entire point anyone would realm swap to join a zerg, chasing rps...

Hell even mute them from chat for an hour to stop any trolling
Thu 6 Jun 2019 12:23 AM by Leandrys
Niix wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:46 PM
Have you seen the realm map? hibernia literally owned all of midgard not too long ago, so whatever you think its solving it isn't.

Doesn't really make any sense, what's the point ? Let players from other realms join the Pilz party when it's too much dominant ?
Thu 6 Jun 2019 12:24 AM by Azrael
uff, really? Personally I am not happy with a lot of changes which destroyed "my playstyle" but some people of you should really do a break from this game or hire an lawyer so you can finally demand your refund.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 12:27 AM by imissswg
Lowering it to 4 hours would be good. Really 2 hours would be enough to prevent constant realm switching to join the biggest zerg, or biggest RP bonus.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:20 AM by Isavyr
gruenesschaf wrote:

Devil's advocate here:

Couldn't the timer be lowered to say, 6 hours, and still accomplish the same purpose?

While I don't have a big problem with the current timer, some days it would be nice to level a character on realm X in the morning, and RvR with friends on realm Y in the evening.

Edit: Originally I was against realm switch timers shorter than three days, but I think that ship has sailed. In my experience, I see players wanting to switch realms to make RVR more even, rather than dominate. When there's too many people on one realm, there are fewer enemies to fight, and that's not fun for anyone.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 6:27 AM by Raunz
gruenesschaf wrote:

My conspiracy theory seems to be correct that the German GM's on this server are some of the people stuck on Herorius running in circles around EV.

If you actually think those are valid reasons i don't see any hope for the server....

"Best example from live would be people logging out of other realms and joining the hib Herorius zerg when it runs." Go ahead and do that here, we would just team up with other 8 mans and farm them off the server.

We need player council that review everything you guys do with veto powers in my opinion, you may own this server but this is our game, not yours!

RIP DAOC 06.06.2019
Thu 6 Jun 2019 6:41 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 6:27 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

My conspiracy theory seems to be correct that the German GM's on this server are some of the people stuck on Herorius running in circles around EV.

If you actually think those are valid reasons i don't see any hope for the server....

"Best example from live would be people logging out of other realms and joining the hib Herorius zerg when it runs." Go ahead and do that here, we would just team up with other 8 mans and farm them off the server.

We need player council that review everything you guys do with veto powers in my opinion, you may own this server but this is our game, not yours!

RIP DAOC 06.06.2019

lol

if you lost all your hope though, does that mean you won't be posting your resistance group propaganda anymore?
Thu 6 Jun 2019 6:47 AM by Uthred
The staff gave you an answer. Guess all has been said so far, enough of the insults towards the staff or players that dont have the same opinion like you.

Locked.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics