Best caster for rvr

Started 29 Mar 2019
by Jihax
in Midgard
Hi guys,

Which of the mid caster is best for rvr?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:14 PM by Mura
They all have their niche and play slightly different roles.

BD brings great interrupts and snares
RM has high utility with NS, bubbles, and confusion
SM brings strong debuffs and is a fantistic addition to a cold debuff train or a support with demez and great pet clear.

The 'best' caster will vary depending on what you want to be best at, and casters are pretty interdependant upon each other to provide debuffs and assist nuke a target down before heals can land.

All 3 casters can spec dark to jump on the cold debuff train.
Wed 15 May 2019 7:55 PM by The2lip
Just switched over to Mid and trying to decide on a caster class to play as well, with endgame RvR in mind.

Sounds like RMs are better in dedicated caster groups, whereas BDs can fit into a lot of different group setups. Not too sure about SMs atm.

Any advice would be appreciated. Looking to play the most "Pug-able" caster to fit into any/all group comps (smallman, 8man, whatever!)
Thu 16 May 2019 8:23 AM by Algarakai
Mura wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:14 PM
SM brings strong debuffs and is a fantistic addition to a cold debuff train or a support with demez and great pet clear.

The cold débuff is RM , in Runecarving line, not the Spiritmaster
Thu 16 May 2019 8:29 AM by REVOLTE
Algarakai wrote:
Thu 16 May 2019 8:23 AM
Mura wrote:

hes probably talking about the stat-debuffs an SM brings and being able to cold nuke and therefore jumping onto a cold debuff train - not debuffing coldres.
Thu 16 May 2019 8:40 AM by Nunki
Algarakai wrote:
Thu 16 May 2019 8:23 AM
Mura wrote:

He never said that SM has cold debuff.

SM has great debuffs (ae D/Q, ae S/) and is a great addition to a cold debuff train (especially Dark SM).

As others said, all 3 are viable for RvR, a combination of them all is recommended for a Mid Caster Setup (which are quite rare).

In case of a 7/8 tank setup group where I would have to invite a caster for the last slot (beeing the only caster in group), a Sup RM would be my first and SM my last choice. The other side of the medal is that SM would be the first choice in PvE groups and BD is great for solo PvE and farming.
Thu 16 May 2019 8:45 AM by dstrmberg
Is the SM pet good on this server?

If so, the SM should be great for smallman action.
Thu 16 May 2019 8:58 AM by lurker
SM/Pet is OP in small man here.
Thu 16 May 2019 9:19 AM by Wooshh
Consider also RA, i d say BD just for the fun of twf, bd is full of gr8 active ras, dunno the other casters.
Thu 16 May 2019 10:11 AM by Algarakai
Oups sorry
but English is not my birth langage
Thu 16 May 2019 10:46 AM by gotwqqd
Do SM and pet own stealth on this server?
Fri 24 May 2019 12:08 PM by dstrmberg
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 16 May 2019 10:46 AM
Do SM and pet own stealth on this server?

SM pet is nice...!
Sat 25 May 2019 11:27 AM by Leandrys
SM's pet is utterly broken (and should be nerfed btw), he will allow you to win a lot of 1vs1, basically you'll be under MOC for 75% of the fights, with a few RAs the SM can be very destructive. Problem is the actual meta makes the SM kinda bad at "groupability", it'll need a RM in groups to be effective DPS-wise, and most of mid groups just like to play the simple warrior/savage/celerity way.
Sun 26 May 2019 7:00 PM by dstrmberg
Leandrys wrote:
Sat 25 May 2019 11:27 AM
SM's pet is utterly broken (and should be nerfed btw), he will allow you to win a lot of 1vs1, basically you'll be under MOC for 75% of the fights, with a few RAs the SM can be very destructive. Problem is the actual meta makes the SM kinda bad at "groupability", it'll need a RM in groups to be effective DPS-wise, and most of mid groups just like to play the simple warrior/savage/celerity way.

Yes, the SM pet is the real issue in this game... As usual, there is a counter to most classes, and it might not be the exact class you were playing when you got killed by one.
Sun 26 May 2019 10:32 PM by Leandrys
Yeah, you're right, MidGaRd SuFfErS, SM so weak, not even styles with staves ! ;D
Mon 27 May 2019 8:23 AM by dstrmberg
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 10:32 PM
Yeah, you're right, MidGaRd SuFfErS, SM so weak, not even styles with staves ! ;D

If something is completely broken it is a good player on a BD.
Mon 27 May 2019 12:51 PM by Leandrys
That is really right tho, good thing most of them are just TWFbots or can just send pets and I-drain.
Mon 27 May 2019 2:57 PM by dstrmberg
Lullaby on bard is a I-WIN button against small man also, since it does not work live-like. SM pet is live-like I think (at this patch level).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics