Hunters Pet

Started 20 May 2019
by Bobbahunter
in Suggestions
Sucks.

Do something with this sick useless pet.

Please
Mon 20 May 2019 7:40 PM by Mura
What a well thought out and constructive post.

On the upside, it wasn't an unfocused tirade in discord, so it's progress.

Keeping on track though, as this is the suggestion forum not the whine and complain forum, let's see if we can't turn this ship around and put it on course to actually be productive.

What do you feel makes the hunter pet worthless?

Do you have any numbers showing the pet is actually worthless, or is this just a gut feeling?

Is the pet worthless due to a bug that needs to be fixed, or is it live-like? If this is a bug, is it a simple value fix or a coding issue, and what documentation can you provide for the correct values and behavior?

How do you propose to fix hunter pets, in a way that would not unbalance hunters?
Tue 21 May 2019 1:29 AM by Bobbahunter
Just a quick vent. But really.

Senerio one.

I get uncoverd by assasi , they miss I sprint away. . cast pet on them to try and keep them from stealthing while I get some distance. They sprint the other way and stealth once out of combat. I cant chase and shoot, I cant RF becasue I cant do enough DMG to kil them. SOon as an Assasin Stealths, my Pet disengages and runs back to me. Now I have to run the other way becasue they will perf me.

Or I pop pet and they sprint after me. withing 2 seconds my pet is no longer on them and they can chase me all over hell because we are both perma sprinting, If I speed spell 50/50 chances they use an Insta to unspeed me, jsut a long sprint to see who gets ganked by a group.

2nd fight, I get shot my ranger/scout
I put pet and sprint the other way until pet gets on them to inturupt, They sprint away too and stealth.

I get in melee fight and cast pet and it seems to proc enemy armor alot. its only lvl 42. Do I use it or not?

The pet cannot chase someone if they sprint. ( which is ALWAYS)
The pet is 50/50 will it do dmg or Proc armor
Pet can interupt a caster for a second or 2 unless them Mezz/cc then stil not useful.

It is not an OFFINSIVE pet like it is should be
It has no procs/abilitys of anykind. If I attack any Caster with a pet theyre pet is insta on me with spells/some keep up with me even if I sprint.
THe buff spell for pet has to be casted so the insta pet in battle has no buffs.

Even if my pet is out already and someone shoots me or casts on me my pet has no speed to get to them. An archer with some range can get 3 to 4 shots off before pet gets to them? Pet in combat will uncover me ( They might of fixed this not Sure) also so I cant hide with pet out. I usually release pet before people get to it if I see them.

Thanks , didnt mean to post to be a cry fest. its been beaten into the ground alreadyl. jsut a small rant.
Tue 21 May 2019 2:42 AM by AngelRose
The pet is basically useless, except as a very minor damage add. It is the slowest pet on the server. It is either out ran, or cc'd. out It's one buff has to be casted....which never happens.

Give the pet speed or a minor cc.
Tue 21 May 2019 2:51 AM by Yokahu
AngelRose wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 2:42 AM
The pet is basically useless, except as a very minor damage add. It is the slowest pet on the server. It is either out ran, or cc'd. out It's one buff has to be casted....which never happens.

If hunter’s pet get any CC proc added at all, the hunter will jump to the top of the food chain and i’ll be the first one to switch to Midgard to roll one.
Tue 21 May 2019 6:25 AM by Sepplord
Yokahu wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 2:51 AM
AngelRose wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 2:42 AM

If hunter’s pet get any CC proc added at all, the hunter will jump to the top of the food chain and i’ll be the first one to switch to Midgard to roll one.

a 1% procchance 0,5second snare that slows for 5% would put hunter at the top of the foodchain?

No?

Ok so now we agree that not EVERY procc would be over the top, it's a matter of how the numbers were tuned.
Tue 21 May 2019 10:18 AM by Erok
Double edged sword here...buffing the hunter pet in any way would honestly make hunters significantly better (and they aren't bad). Though I agree, they are very slightly worse than their counterparts, and their originally intended advantage of a pet is actually not an advantage at all.
Tue 21 May 2019 10:24 AM by Lollie
Increase it's run speed, so it can actually get to it's target in decent time, but not to fast so it cant' be out run via sprint.
Tue 21 May 2019 11:03 AM by Tillbeast
The pet needs the following to be anything resembling useful

It needs to be faster than a perma sprinting character but not as quick as a character with any form of speed spell/chant.

It needs to be summoned pre buffed with str/con buff or at the least make the buff an instant cast.

It needs a snare proc, a disease proc as suggested is too good.

At the minimum the above need to be implemented to make the pet anything close to being useful. An option to make the pet unique and for it to have a role maybe have it not lose target like other pets do when a stealthers stealth with normal stealth not vanish.

It's just a sub par damage add at moment that's only useful when already in melee. Rangers damage add is just as effective at range as it is in melee and a scout has sheilds utility. The hunters apparent advantage is the pet but it's completely negated by anyone who can perma sprint.

Add in the issues all archers have with archery line it just cements the hunter as arguably worst class in game.
Tue 21 May 2019 11:29 AM by Dominus
Tillbeast wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 11:03 AM
The pet needs the following to be anything resembling useful

It needs to be faster than a perma sprinting character but not as quick as a character with any form of speed spell/chant.

It needs to be summoned pre buffed with str/con buff or at the least make the buff an instant cast.

It needs a snare proc, a disease proc as suggested is too good.

At the minimum the above need to be implemented to make the pet anything close to being useful. An option to make the pet unique and for it to have a role maybe have it not lose target like other pets do when a stealthers stealth with normal stealth not vanish.

It's just a sub par damage add at moment that's only useful when already in melee. Rangers damage add is just as effective at range as it is in melee and a scout has sheilds utility. The hunters apparent advantage is the pet but it's completely negated by anyone who can perma sprint.

Add in the issues all archers have with archery line it just cements the hunter as arguably worst class in game.

Said all of that and more during beta, when my main was a hunter... all I heard was crickets. Yes, the hunter's pet is suppose to be his defining ability, like a scout's slam, or a rangers self-buffs and dual wield. The hunter's pet was designed to be a good damage add, that on this server sadly never makes it's way to the target. And hunters speccing high enough into BC "should" be rewarded with a pet that procs a stun or disease... same as nature druids.

time will tell I suppose, but not looking good.
Tue 21 May 2019 11:29 AM by relvinian
OK faster than a human, plus stronger, plus disease.

Seriously?
Tue 21 May 2019 11:33 AM by Dominus
you do know a wolf can run faster than a human, and the rabid bite of a wolf can spread disease?
Thu 23 May 2019 2:14 AM by teiloh
Dominus wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 11:33 AM
you do know a wolf can run faster than a human, and the rabid bite of a wolf can spread disease?

Dead people can spread plagues, contagious black death proc for necro!
Thu 23 May 2019 8:30 AM by inoeth
pet is pretty good now...
does 110 dmg on infis and is faster than sprint.
Thu 23 May 2019 1:39 PM by Dominus
would hope so for 32 pts invested.
Thu 23 May 2019 2:03 PM by Pops999
There are a few more classes playing this game other than infs that this will impact greatly.
Thu 23 May 2019 2:07 PM by Dominus
testing my 32 pet dmg on yellow mobs, hitting for 55 atm.. why would it hit a player harder?
Thu 23 May 2019 5:58 PM by Bradekes
Dominus wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 2:07 PM
testing my 32 pet dmg on yellow mobs, hitting for 55 atm.. why would it hit a player harder?

Inf probably green/blue con
Thu 23 May 2019 6:18 PM by Yokahu
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 5:58 PM
Dominus wrote:

Hunter pets were doing 96dmg to my fully temp infil, if I remember correctly. Will see again tonight.
Thu 23 May 2019 6:20 PM by Bradekes
Yokahu wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 6:18 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Hunter pets were doing 96dmg to my fully temp infil, if I remember correctly. Will see again tonight.

Wonder if this was an rvr only change then? If so that's a bit OP
Thu 23 May 2019 6:52 PM by teiloh
Nice, it hits harder than a level 51-52 pet a Minstrel needs to spec 45 points for.
Thu 23 May 2019 7:03 PM by jelzinga_EU
teiloh wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 6:52 PM
Nice, it hits harder than a level 51-52 pet a Minstrel needs to spec 45 points for.

The minstrel gets a lot more out of the Instruments-line than a hunter out of the Beastcrafting-line.

Essentially if a hunter specs 32 BC the only thing he gets is the pet and a speed-shout, rest is better from a pot.
Thu 23 May 2019 9:37 PM by teiloh
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 7:03 PM
teiloh wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 6:52 PM

The minstrel gets a lot more out of the Instruments-line than a hunter out of the Beastcrafting-line.

Essentially if a hunter specs 32 BC the only thing he gets is the pet and a speed-shout, rest is better from a pot.

Minstrel pets should hit about 30-100% harder than they do here. Based on Live. Always supported BC buffs, adding Reptile charm and another yellow con charm at 50 BC would be a nice addition.

Just an observation.
Fri 24 May 2019 1:15 AM by Skylaar
Hunter's pet now hit for 110 on infi's tp and combined buffed. It used to be around 60 a week ago if i reckon correctly.
Fri 24 May 2019 3:16 AM by Bumbles
I love this Hunter "buff". So far it's caused a lot of soloish high beastcraft hunters to run around and they at least are killable on my Scout. So thanks devs!
Fri 24 May 2019 12:05 PM by Yokahu
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 6:20 PM
Yokahu wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 6:18 PM
Bradekes wrote:

Wonder if this was an rvr only change then? If so that's a bit OP

A hunter pet hit me last night for 124, maybe it was buffed.
Either way, those avatars are in a nice spot right now... thankfully they didn’t add any type of CC to then or they would be OP.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics