Darkspire

Started 17 May 2019
by stetty
in Midgard
Anyone in US/EST still running Darkspire? I was hoping to get something going or join one. Haven’t done it yet and it seems like there aren’t enough people on for efficient TG.
Fri 17 May 2019 1:21 PM by Joc
I see a few in LFG on EU and US primetime looking for certain classes. Unfortunately mid is pretty stubborn about a melee group only (probably because it really works best) for DS.

Warrior, warrior, healer, healer, sham, pbt runey, DPS, DPS. Helps if one of the healers is Aug. You can sub a thane for a warrior also, or if you dont mind a longer run drop a DPS and run another seer.

This is the most common group setup I see on mid. ^^^
Fri 17 May 2019 1:45 PM by Mura
I'd much rather run DS than TG for feathers. I almost always see a couple decent rogs drop, though I'm not exactly there for rogs, so it's a nice bonus.

Mid definitely favors melee dps, but we really can't fault them for that because the size of mob hp pools means I have to stop dps and sit out during combat to regen power after blowing through 2 pots and mcl2 on my RM.

If you ever want to put a group together and need a hand, feel free to reach out to me and I'll gladly tag along.
Sat 18 May 2019 3:17 PM by Chuba
Forget about the runi you just need melee dmg

Sham, pac, aug, warrior, skald with aotg and all fill with all classes that does high melee dmg (zerk, svg, zerk-sb, melee hunter...)
Sat 18 May 2019 5:16 PM by Anelyn77
Chuba wrote:
Sat 18 May 2019 3:17 PM

Sham, pac, aug, warrior, skald with aotg and all fill with all classes that does high melee dmg (zerk, svg, zerk-sb, melee hunter...)

What rank of AotG is deemed ok on skald? I would love to do some DS starting next week when I hit 50 and template, but I don't want to kill my group RvR spec for it, so if it's like AotG 3 or higher required, I will skip it till higher RR obv.

Thanks!
Sat 18 May 2019 5:22 PM by kratoxin
Its the same on alb and hib with theurgs and animists so i understand why they want certain classes to make it as smooth as possible
Sat 18 May 2019 5:55 PM by Mura
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 18 May 2019 5:16 PM
Chuba wrote:
Sat 18 May 2019 3:17 PM

What rank of AotG is deemed ok on skald? I would love to do some DS starting next week when I hit 50 and template, but I don't want to kill my group RvR spec for it, so if it's like AotG 3 or higher required, I will skip it till higher RR obv.

Thanks!

AotG is not required to do DS. It's nice to have, sure, but any group that'd refuses to take you because you don't have enough AotG is a group I'd probably pass on anyways.
Sat 18 May 2019 6:07 PM by ColdHands
AOTG is mainly to burn down last boss, as the minions get out of control.
Sat 18 May 2019 11:08 PM by Anelyn77
Thanks that's encouraging, I will start looking into it next week if anyone will say about DS in chat

Missed today's TG run as i've played whole day to get to 45 (47 currently) as was told TG is sundays / weds (true it's sunday now but 2am, which is not unrealistic, but not when I played for like 8h already), so hopefully I will catch the wed one ^_^
Sun 19 May 2019 3:19 PM by Icykoz
If a skald does not have AOTG, what reason would the group take the skald over a berserker, savage or even shadowblade? Regardless of whether AOTG is required or not, anyone would need to pull their own weight in the run and make it as fast as possible rather wasting the other 7 ppl time. Lesser time required to kill a boss = more room for error(example the longer you drag the more adds go out of control if lack of DPS), especially if you are new, it is better to have aotg 3 as a skald and listen when the leader calls for burn.
Thu 23 May 2019 7:39 AM by Chuba
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 18 May 2019 5:16 PM

Aotg 3 will do the job already, if you are not looking to run it under 30 mins
Thu 23 May 2019 1:53 PM by Bobbahunter
You will get more than enough feathers to buy a realm respec or 3 realm respec stones so don’t let that be the reason to not go. Or get AOTG 3
Thu 23 May 2019 2:24 PM by Anelyn77
Yeah AotG3 sounds reasonable and I can get that without loosing too much in other areas, the problem is everyone advertising on /advice for DS want only experienced.

I have disco, am old school player, had my share of raids on live and did TG twice here, but I can't get experience with DS if nobody will take me. I get it that most peeps doing DS just want a smooth and fast run to get their feathers / rog's and be done with it no complications, but this severely limits new players access to DS. Personally I don't mind it anymore, 2 TG raids a week will get me where I need to be in time, am in no rush getting my feather items, just really wanted credit for DS on my account.

Cheers everyone!
Thu 23 May 2019 2:44 PM by vxr
Are SMs useless for DS? I can never find a group. They are always looking for mdps and healers/shamans/skalds
Thu 23 May 2019 2:55 PM by Mura
If you've done the attunement quest already, I can try to get you into a run. I have no problems helping people learn the instance, as long as they are capable players and able to listen.

I might start doing organized runs in the near future, if people want them, in order to get more people clears. I wanted to wait until I finished leveling my warr, but I can jump on the healer and lead just as well I guess.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:01 PM by Mura
vxr wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 2:44 PM
Are SMs useless for DS? I can never find a group. They are always looking for mdps and healers/shamans/skalds

SMs will run into power issues near every fight. Stuff has so much HP and there are very few fights that you're able to safely pbaoe. Dark would be a little better for DS imo, as the name of the game is cc and bursting down single targets asap.

The way the dungeon is designed it just heavily favors melee.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:09 PM by vxr
Mura wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:01 PM
vxr wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 2:44 PM

SMs will run into power issues near every fight. Stuff has so much HP and there are very few fights that you're able to safely pbaoe. Dark would be a little better for DS imo, as the name of the game is cc and bursting down single targets asap.

The way the dungeon is designed it just heavily favors melee.

Thanks Mura for the info. I have never done DS so I wouldn't know. That's what I heard about caster. I am currently Dark. What if I respeced my RAs for max mana,
I have exactly enough (6L3) for: Serenity 5 + MCL 3.
I am willing to respec my RAs to anything given that a group will invite me to DS for multiple runs.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:52 PM by Mura
That should be pretty manageable. I only have mcl 2 on my RM, because he's low RR, but between mcl and chain chugging pots I usually have to stop dps on the 4th mob to regen for the next pull. Though I also have pbt sucking at my power too.

It'll really just be a personal call how much power restore you're comfortable trading dps points for.
Thu 23 May 2019 5:19 PM by Bobbahunter
I’m willing to help out with DS runs. Ive been trying to get my guild to go but the interest is low atm

I’ve done it a few times with my Shaman and my Thane. I’m on most night between 7:00-10:00 est.
with a group of half experienced and half new we should still be able to clear it within an hour and half

Most runs with experienced peeps is around 50 mins

Look me up if you want to run some new peeps through. Bobba(name). /who Bobba
Sat 25 May 2019 2:16 PM by pollojack
With all the buff changes, what is desired for a shaman spec? 46 27 8?
Sun 2 Jun 2019 12:45 PM by Silenko
If you dont invite a RM to MID DS for your melee group (47 Dark 26 Supp, or even yellow PBT) :

- You don't know how to build a proper group for DS.
- You don't know maths.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 1:46 PM by Dominus
did 4 guild runs last night (Rampage) and I am still seeing people in LFG looking for members to run DS.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 10:46 PM by Estat
Silenko wrote:
Sun 2 Jun 2019 12:45 PM
If you dont invite a RM to MID DS for your melee group (47 Dark 26 Supp, or even yellow PBT) :
The only reason to invite a rm would be damage add on dps, so yellow pbt is already a waste of a slot. 50 dark rm might be worthwhile instead of a skald. you dont need pbt in DS, you need to max dps with 4 chars (the other 4 chars are healer, healer, shaman, warrior). The normal solution afaik is 3x svg or zerk and 1 skald with aotg.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:48 AM by Silenko
A RM will not only do more dmg than a melee, he also makes the melee make more dmg with the dmg add buff and take less dmg with the PBT.

PBT is not needed in DS but for sure it makes life much more easier, specially if your group is having a hard time tanking.

Even if the RM has to sit, he will still do more dmg overall than the melee. (And once you attain a certain rr, some runs you don't even need to sit to regen)

So no, you are wrong. You can do the maths yourself and keep using an extra melee instead of adding a RM to the setup.

I am not trying to convince you, but the numbers are there.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 8:12 AM by REVOLTE
Silenko wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:48 AM
A RM will not only do more dmg than a melee, he also makes the melee make more dmg with the dmg add buff and take less dmg with the PBT.

PBT is not needed in DS but for sure it makes life much more easier, specially if your group is having a hard time tanking.

Even if the RM has to sit, he will still do more dmg overall than the melee. (And once you attain a certain rr, some runs you don't even need to sit to regen)

So no, you are wrong. You can do the maths yourself and keep using an extra melee instead of adding a RM to the setup.

I am not trying to convince you, but the numbers are there.

are you sure thats true or is that your RM bias speaking?
serious question as i do have a RM myself. (50 dark atm hohoho)
Tue 4 Jun 2019 9:16 AM by Sepplord
not saying he is wrong about the damage....but the usefullness of PBT is miniscule outside of niche situation of addspawn on top of support and twoshotting them

As warriortank (though haven't done a lot of runs...but i have cleared it) i noticed PBT being hitthrough by all bosses and most trashmobs that weren't easily tanked anyways

DMG is a completely different thing though, so he might have a point there
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:52 PM by Silenko
I've cleared more than 60 times... You can clear it with many setups but there is always an optimal one.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics