Low Dps SB

Started 22 May 2019
by Tuff
in Midgard
Hey everyone.
Few hours ago my Shadowblade finished lvl 50.

I did a few rounds in emain. Im rr2l8 atm. But my problem is i cant do good damage. I know i have no template atm and drop item.
I did PA and creeping death on a solo sorc and did 289 damage and 80 with Left axe.
My specc is 50 La 35 axe 34 CS 37 stealth.
I dont come on 52 weapon but is the difference from 35 to 39 weapon that high?
With LA anytimer i do around 90 - 120 damage.

My stats with combined forces potion are:
238 str
193 con
283 dex
218 quick
Weapon skill 1006
Weapon damage 3922

Axe is 16,5 dps 98% quali and 4,0 speed
Left axe is 16,5 dps 99% quali and 3,1 speed

Should i better go 34 cs 38 axe 39 la 30 envenom 38 stealth? Will the damage be higher with that specc?
Not sure what i do wrong. Hope anyone can help me
Wed 22 May 2019 11:32 AM by Sepplord
there are probably others that can go into detail better, and i am no expert in SB speccs, but what you have shown looks like an absolute HORRIBLE specc

50LA is (afaik) not really that good at low-RR, but even at High-RR the people using it forfeit skilling much in the critstrike line.

You are completely ignoring envenom (always a bad idea), which ironically would be the best specline since the dots/debuffs don't scale with stats and therefor not having a temp doesn't have THAT much weight.

Things all SBs should have:
composite 50stealth (although you could go comp49 for the fast RR's aka going 36stealth to cap it out at RR4)
composite 52weapon (can't give details about how much dmg it is, but since i specc weapon that high i am doing far better)
composite 50envenom (some also go only for 47, the last WS/Con debuff)

Then there are several options of how to spread the lastpoints between CS/LA, personally i had a mix of best of both worlds at start (stun from LA and still PA->CD combo, but as i said, i had low weaponskill and i think it held me back)

truth be told, without temp you will get shredded in most 1vs1 situations VS stealthers, so might as well not focus on that too much with your specc. Personally i would want to have a big oompfh with PA-combo, so go high on Critstrike and live with the damagepenalty for low LA specc

Also keep in mind: if you only go for comp-weaponspecc you don't want to be using that weaponlines styles. So high critspecc -> use critstyles, high LA-spec -> use LA-styles
Fri 24 May 2019 8:15 AM by Gorgoroth
I agree with everything in the post above and like to add a few things to remember:

1. Almost all players out there have at least somewhat of an SC. If you run around with a ROG level set, you will lose 99% of the time. Even if you PA a caster.
2. LA is not really that amazing on this server in my experience. CS Seems to be the better choice, even above RR5, but that is up for debate.
3. never EVER go without Envenom. There are so many cool things and tricks you can do with them. Especially since you can use /macro to swap weapons.
4. Once you have your SC down, you still need Items with charges, Potions and more to be competitive vs FOTM Alb stealthers, especially since they usually come in pairs (or more)
Sun 26 May 2019 12:50 AM by pollojack
On my NS I had 8 weapons poisoned in reserve for my two main weapons that were also poisoned. LA increases dmg 0.86 per point in it while one envenom dot is at least another entire weapon swing per tick. The WS/Con debuff are huge, when you see people recover from losing the PA/CD war it is because the person didn't reapply WS debuff after the purge. Disease is also a big deal as it drops weapon dmg, drops WS, halves heal procs, halves heal pots, and halves heal charges.

Your PA is about right. I have had +280 dmg PAs hit for 250 dmg, RR5+ NS.

I regularly see people say 99% is okay to run with but I ran MP everything. If this server is livelike then it double dips into QUA for dmg and dmg resistance. 99 is fine for casters that are dead on melee anyway as well as tanks that are expected to have high resists for nukes but otherwise peel but for your solo ass you need every little bit you can get.

Even that wont be enough if you lose the PA vs some classes. RR6 NS, no PA fair fight I could very well lose to a RR3 Merc with fumble debuff and slam. Miss PA vs necro, vanish or die, some necros you will still die even with PA/CD/SS they just hit too hard without The Empty Mind. Miss PA vs BD, that's a loss too. If you are fighting a friar hope that crippling poison doesn't get resisted, kite and cast, if it does get resisted which is surprisingly high for 18%, you dead. SBs don't have shit for it, so fucking run.

Also, there is a dmg/AF buff once you hit RR5. Something else to keep in mind if you just barely lose a fight, and you will.
Sun 26 May 2019 12:31 PM by Siouxsie
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 11:32 AM
Things all SBs should have:
composite 50stealth (although you could go comp49 for the fast RR's aka going 36stealth to cap it out at RR4)
composite 52weapon (can't give details about how much dmg it is, but since i specc weapon that high i am doing far better)
composite 50envenom (some also go only for 47, the last WS/Con debuff)

This looks like the famous Wyrd spec except with 52 in comp weapon instead of 51. Is there a large difference between 51 composite weapon and 52?
Sun 26 May 2019 5:24 PM by Saroi
Hard to find a good spec with that low RR. I am a big fan of 50 LA but you should be atleast RR 4 for that. You will not have lifebane though, so with lifebane and 50 LA would be the RR 5.

Without SC Armor it is also pretty pointless because you are basically free farm. So you should try to either leech on Keeptake BG's until you get your SC Armor.

If you hit RR 3, I would go

37 Stealth/Env
39 Weapon
10 CS
46 Left axe

If you want PA/CD, then go more CS and lower Left Axe, which I would not recomment.

Also in your spec you had 30 Envenom, don't go low Envenom. It is not because of the "bad" poison the actual difference from like red to yellow WS/Con debuff or dots isn't that big, the problem with lower Envenom is, the enemy will have a higher chance to resist poison. I tried to run with yellow poison once and the resist was like 18-20% instead of the 10% from red poison. That is a huge difference. Lifebane is not a must but atleast 48 poison for red WS/Con debuff and red disease.

52 Weapon is also a must. The damage difference from like 51 to 52 is I believe around 3-5 Mainhand damage. I tested it once 2-3 month ago so I don't have the exact numbers in my head anymore.

Try to get a 4.2 Mainhand and if possible a 2.4 Offhand(Rog drop), otherwise a 2.9 crafted Offhand for faster attacking. Most damage will come for your Mainhand so attacking faster with a faster offhand is great.

PA damage in general isn't that high on this server. Even with 50 CS, one hand and SC PA will be by around 400-600 damage, depending on enemy, buffs and so on.(Atleast that is what my NS is doing, never went 50 CS with SB) So basically your WS/Con debuff will have the same or almost the same effect. The only thing that will help is the stun against casters to avoid Quickcast CC, all the others will mostly purge the stun and your poison anyway and in direct duels higher LA will help you more.
Tue 28 May 2019 11:30 AM by Vennedra
Gorgoroth wrote:
Fri 24 May 2019 8:15 AM
3. never EVER go without Envenom. There are so many cool things and tricks you can do with them. Especially since you can use /macro to swap weapons.

How can you swap weapon using macro please ?
Tue 28 May 2019 12:08 PM by Sepplord
Vennedra wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 11:30 AM
Gorgoroth wrote:

type /switch ingame, then it will give a description how to set it up in your chatwindow/whereever you see system-messages
Tue 28 May 2019 1:59 PM by Joc
1. Template
2. Comp 47-50 poison
3. Higher CS
4. Use CS styles as they have the highest growth rates in the game (dont confuse this with big damage numbers)
5. Run 99 or MP quality weapons
6. Run a triple dot, or debuff sword setup
7. Give it time and you will get mastery of pain, purge, etc
8. Realize that SBs are dual wielding and your damage numbers will never look amazing, but overall with dots, disease, and debuffs they are still an incredibly powerful class.

Just some suggestions ^^^

If you run sword get the TG str/con debuff sword.
If you run axe you can run a triple dot stacking setup. The way this works (very effectively I might add) is that the Dragonmight axe has a dot proc. They you get a crafted offhand and have a dot proc from an alch placed on it. Then lastly you lifebane also is a dot. All three stack, and its a great way to melt other sneaks and some tanks also. In almost every fight I have 3 dots rolling. Its very effective.
Tue 28 May 2019 2:03 PM by Sepplord
Joc wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 1:59 PM
If you run axe you can run a triple dot stacking setup. The way this works (very effectively I might add) is that the Dragonmight axe has a dot proc. They you get a crafted offhand and have a dot proc from an alch placed on it. Then lastly you lifebane also is a dot. All three stack, and its a great way to melt other sneaks and some tanks also. In almost every fight I have 3 dots rolling. Its very effective.

just a question about the triple-dot setup. It always sounds so strong, but all in all you are just trading one dotproc for one Str/Con debuff procc...Is that correct or am i missing some synergy between the dots stacking, or is the TG-Axe dot considerably stronger than other DOTs ?
When running with debuff-swod offhand-dot and lifebane are the same right, or would viper boost proc-dots too?
Tue 28 May 2019 2:10 PM by Saroi
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 2:03 PM
Joc wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 1:59 PM

just a question about the triple-dot setup. It always sounds so strong, but all in all you are just trading one dotproc for one Str/Con debuff procc...Is that correct or am i missing some synergy between the dots stacking, or is the TG-Axe dot considerably stronger than other DOTs ?
When running with debuff-swod offhand-dot and lifebane are the same right, or would viper boost proc-dots too?

Dragonmight and crafted dot proc are the same. Ticking for like around 25-50. Usually the full damage after the duration is around 160-180. You can say like 2 dd procs. And Viper is only for poison.
Tue 28 May 2019 4:31 PM by Tuff
Thanks a lot for your Help. Very nice /bow
Tue 28 May 2019 5:11 PM by Vennedra
and what about adding an other dot with "Hurika's Quill" (jewel) ? Does it stacks ?
Tue 28 May 2019 5:37 PM by Vennedra
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 12:08 PM
Vennedra wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 11:30 AM
Gorgoroth wrote:

type /switch ingame, then it will give a description how to set it up in your chatwindow/whereever you see system-messages

Thanks for that wonderfull command !
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics