Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

t4coops wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:44 pm
not sure the problem seems to all happen at once....
ddos attacks prob had a bit to do with it, seems to be fine now tho and not much better....
perhaps buff changes ? I can see how someone who plan their ra's out and gets excited to log on and grind out some rps to get the ra' they want to (think atleast lol) they gonna rip, then all of a sudden now if they put all them hours and hours and hours into be better to beat the people they have trouble with....instead all of the work wil be just to get back to where they were hella long time ago.... ooof

regardless there is a problem and needs to be priority #1 imo

perhaps lot of the random not so good players cant find groups get bored and stop play ? I have a hard time myself why I just solo or duo with my friend,.. daoc needs to cator to the random not so good players because that is mostly what plays

need to bring siege warfare back into the game, so the everyday randoms got things to do

need allow ports to keeps in your own realm and make it very clear when 1 is under attack, so people who cant get grps or w/e can go defend keeps, and port there and meet other people there and group up and get to meet friends, or atleast be in the safety of a keep defending and win or lose atleast be out there fighting with something to do

or perhaps a randomly rotating keep in each realm that gives a fat bonus for taking, so people atleast know which keep to make their way out to to get in, but still keep them actively moving thro zones to not kill the roaming action down south (like ghostfang keep on live)

least im sad to see the population drasticly drop and i hope it doesn't continue that way, i think the bored people with not much to do and cant get groups could keep them selves busy and entertained if they could all port around to keeps under attack and go out and play without relying on others if necessary

not to mention i always hear people qq bout how boring it is to join the BG, no one is in the keeps to defend much, just pveing the doors basicly
(im almost rr7 and haven't been to 1 keep take yet, i never know when they under attack and if i find out doubt ill make it in time or w/e ect so)

i know phoenix's are known for rising out of the ashes but sometimes everyone can use a helping hand ^^

thanks and cheers
Great ideas. Devs?

genchaos9 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:29 am
t4coops wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:44 pm
not sure the problem seems to all happen at once....
ddos attacks prob had a bit to do with it, seems to be fine now tho and not much better....
perhaps buff changes ? I can see how someone who plan their ra's out and gets excited to log on and grind out some rps to get the ra' they want to (think atleast lol) they gonna rip, then all of a sudden now if they put all them hours and hours and hours into be better to beat the people they have trouble with....instead all of the work wil be just to get back to where they were hella long time ago.... ooof

regardless there is a problem and needs to be priority #1 imo

perhaps lot of the random not so good players cant find groups get bored and stop play ? I have a hard time myself why I just solo or duo with my friend,.. daoc needs to cator to the random not so good players because that is mostly what plays

need to bring siege warfare back into the game, so the everyday randoms got things to do

need allow ports to keeps in your own realm and make it very clear when 1 is under attack, so people who cant get grps or w/e can go defend keeps, and port there and meet other people there and group up and get to meet friends, or atleast be in the safety of a keep defending and win or lose atleast be out there fighting with something to do

or perhaps a randomly rotating keep in each realm that gives a fat bonus for taking, so people atleast know which keep to make their way out to to get in, but still keep them actively moving thro zones to not kill the roaming action down south (like ghostfang keep on live)

least im sad to see the population drasticly drop and i hope it doesn't continue that way, i think the bored people with not much to do and cant get groups could keep them selves busy and entertained if they could all port around to keeps under attack and go out and play without relying on others if necessary

not to mention i always hear people qq bout how boring it is to join the BG, no one is in the keeps to defend much, just pveing the doors basicly
(im almost rr7 and haven't been to 1 keep take yet, i never know when they under attack and if i find out doubt ill make it in time or w/e ect so)

i know phoenix's are known for rising out of the ashes but sometimes everyone can use a helping hand ^^

thanks and cheers
Great ideas. Devs?
to be fair, the buffchanges were a huge boon for the casual, not so good players that don't find groups. And look what feedback it is getting. A complete clusterfuck painting everything in a bad light and butthurt individuals launching DDOS attacks :roll:
They are already doing a lot for the casual random players (which is good), you just don't see them celebrating on the forums, because that's not what the average, not so good player does.
But it has always been like that, if you gauge a games quality by how their forums sound like, then every game is a waste of time according to the people that (ironically) spend 10hours/day ingame ^^

EDIT: moved one comma, so flopsy doesn't think i am having a stroke anymore :roll:
Last edited by Sepplord on Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sepplord wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:57 am
to be fair, the buffchanges were a huge boon for the casual, not so good, players that don't find groups. And look what feedback it is getting. A complete clusterfuck painting everything in a bad light and butthurt individuals launching DDOS attacks :roll:
They are already doing a lot for the casual random players (which is good), you just don't see them celebrating on the forums, because that's not what the average not so good player does.
But it has always been like that, if you gauge a games quality by how their forums sound like, then every game is a waste of time according to the people that (ironically) spend 10hours/day ingame ^^
sing happy birthday for us so we know your not having a stroke please
Flopsyscrub rr7 Animist
(Im not new im just Bad)

Sepplord wrote:
to be fair, the buffchanges were a huge boon for the casual, not so good, players that don't find groups. And look what feedback it is getting. A complete clusterfuck painting everything in a bad light and butthurt individuals launching DDOS attacks :roll:
Not saying it is that group, but 1 month ago a full guild, and many other individuals got banned for radar/3rd party use.
The attacks might have been there before, but they sure picked up after that.

People will do everything to get sex. Once they have had it having sex is not so important anymore.

Once people achieve 50 or a certain RR where progress is not visible or rewarding anymore the incentives dies of. You see this in al games. Reset te server and population explodes again because people have a goal. I have no solution but it is normal and expected behavior and certainly not a direct cause of some changes or ddos attacks.

t4coops wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:08 am
Sepplord wrote:
to be fair, the buffchanges were a huge boon for the casual, not so good players that don't find groups. And look what feedback it is getting. A complete clusterfuck painting everything in a bad light and butthurt individuals launching DDOS attacks :roll:
They are already doing a lot for the casual random players (which is good), you just don't see them celebrating on the forums, because that's not what the average, not so good player does.
sing happy birthday for us so we know your not having a stroke please
which part are you having trouble reading? I moved a comma for you, if that triggered your OCD it wasn't intentional :mrgreen:
"not so good players" is a term the person i quoted used, and i usually try and stick to the language a person is already using when i reply to them

t4coops wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:41 am
"buff change was a huge boost for the casual, not so good players who cant find groups"

you mean the only people that were effected by it ? lol
what the actual ...???

Only "casual, not so good players were effected by the change?
Uhh, i am unsure if you are saying phixion (as example among many) is a casual, not so good player or if you are saying he was unaffected by the change? :lol:
its ok if your not the sharpest crayon in the special kids classroom crayon box, we like you anyway, but please try to stay out of convo's if your just going to troll :P
Do you really believe someone reads that and ascribes intellingence or superiority to your person?

Just entirely remove stealth classes. They are useless and all the self-buff changes (witch are ok) incentivate bad players to play one. (I know its a stupid and impossibile request, but still)

A teleport to the keep in odin's, hadrians and emain, if you own it and is not under attack.

Enlight on map sieged keeps.

Minor celerity to wardens and paladins .

Put back the old "drop sistem". Less farm more pvp.