Get rid of pet release when mezzed

Started 22 Apr 2019
by Fooj Fujiyama
in Suggestions
If I mez both a mins and his pet on my ment he should not be able to release his pet, this is one of the dumbest mechanic ever and I have no idea how it made it onto phoenix. Why should they have any control whatsoever if both him and his pet are mezzed it's really lame. If I mezzed a mins and his pet he got outplayed, yet he is able to get out of it like its no big deal, so stupid. NERF, get rid of these lame mechanics from 2001. Balance minstrels and make it so cc besides stun actually works on them for once, it's so important to get rid of this mechanic because it's incredibly cheap and that's coming from a class capable of doing it. I don't think anyone besides minstrels are gonan suffer that much, yeah some menties might be upset but it would be worth to make the game better, no need to leave certain things in a dump state when we can make it better and more balanced.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:03 AM by k3mra
So you say you mezzed both and after the minstrel released bis pet the mezz on the pet broke?

Minstrels sing a Song to charm their pet.
How good can you sing while asleep?
Minstrels pet charm should always break if the minstrel gets mezzed or stunned but that shouldnt break a cc on the pet.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:20 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Yeah I had both mezzed. In my mind if I mezzed both and he doesn't have purge up why the F should he be able to just release his pet out of mez, dumbest mechanic ever. It's this kind of crap that ruins daoc, the game is so damn perfect otherwise. 2019 and we still have these really bad mechanics from 2001. Who thinks this fair?,why honestly? Devs please take a long hard look at this mechanic, is it really good? Is it good for minstrels to be basically immune to CC?
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:48 PM by teiloh
That's just the nature of pulse charm.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:42 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
They can change it, we don't have to keep bad mechanics til the end of time. Make it so pet release doesn't break cc on the pet, easy fix. A minstrel can demezz their pet or purge and demezz as legit ways to demezz their pet ffs.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 9:10 PM by Zzang
It is really quite broken, I'm fine with them using the pet to break cc on themselves if the pet is free but the pet should not lose mezz just because it's released.

Right now charm pet as minstrel/menta is not working live-like at all, it needs to be looked at both for this reason and because it is annoying as f-ck to have the pet lose charm every now and then because you go over a hill or some other stupid thing.

If it's so hard to fix, just make it like Sorc charm and limit it to a certain level - less hassle and less buggy
Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:09 PM by noobino
Its pretty amazing this is coming from one of the only other pulse charming classes that can do the exact same thing.

Respect.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:21 PM by ColdHands
IMO, a pulse charmed pet that is released, even with current mechanic, should gain a 20- 30 second immunity to charm to prevent it from being abused.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:35 AM by teiloh
Zzang wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 9:10 PM
It is really quite broken, I'm fine with them using the pet to break cc on themselves if the pet is free but the pet should not lose mezz just because it's released.

Right now charm pet as minstrel/menta is not working live-like at all, it needs to be looked at both for this reason and because it is annoying as f-ck to have the pet lose charm every now and then because you go over a hill or some other stupid thing.

If it's so hard to fix, just make it like Sorc charm and limit it to a certain level - less hassle and less buggy

This is how it is on live and always has been. Releasing a pet breaks mez
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:41 AM by teiloh
ColdHands wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:21 PM
IMO, a pulse charmed pet that is released, even with current mechanic, should gain a 20- 30 second immunity to charm to prevent it from being abused.
It's working as intended. Not everything you dislike is "abuse".
Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:55 PM by Zzang
teiloh wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:35 AM
Zzang wrote:

From what I recall and those I have spoken with who played minstrel around this point live this not the case at all. You had to release pet and hit it/get someone else to hit it to break mezz.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 1:03 PM by Dominus
seems silly to thing a mezzed pet can be un-mezzed by being released.. the charmed pet should remain mezzed until it normally wears off. I agree if both Mins/Pet are mezzed, they were outplayed and the mins would need to purge and deal with the consequences. "Oh hey, I stopped playing my flute, you are no longer mezzed!"
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:25 PM by ColdHands
teiloh wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:41 AM
ColdHands wrote:

"It's always been this way" is not a valid reason to advocate for something. Bring some logic to the argument and I will take you seriously.
This is one of the few mechanics that I truely disagree with how its always been implemented, and I do think its abuse to be able to insta demez your own pet so it can demez you, especially when your pet is red and basically unkillable by a solo. I mean Mins and Ment both have demez, make them actually demez their pet just like every other pet class, and if you drop your pet it should have a short timer to recharm.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 5:39 PM by teiloh
Zzang wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:55 PM
teiloh wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:35 AM
Zzang wrote:

From what I recall and those I have spoken with who played minstrel around this point live this not the case at all. You had to release pet and hit it/get someone else to hit it to break mezz.

They're absolutely wrong. You can find videos of it working unintentionally at this patch level.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 5:42 PM by teiloh
ColdHands wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:25 PM
teiloh wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:41 AM
ColdHands wrote:

"It's always been this way" is not a valid reason to advocate for something. Bring some logic to the argument and I will take you seriously.
This is one of the few mechanics that I truely disagree with how its always been implemented, and I do think its abuse to be able to insta demez your own pet so it can demez you, especially when your pet is red and basically unkillable by a solo. I mean Mins and Ment both have demez, make them actually demez their pet just like every other pet class, and if you drop your pet it should have a short timer to recharm.

The argument is that minstrels and mentalists are fine. Stun works on the pets.

Maybe we can talk about "abuse" of animists, bonedancer resist debuff, and savages- otherwise why are there so many more of them than Minstrels?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics