Future Events

Started 22 Apr 2019
by thanatosdaoc
in Suggestions
FIrst let me start with this - This weekends PvP event 8v8 and 3v3 in ToA, was utter fucking brilliant! I can normally not play DAoC for hours on end without having breaks inbetween, but this weekend time flew by and myself and everybody I know had such a great time in especially the 3v3 Event Area.

I really hope we will see loads more of these in the future, I would ask the DEVs to consider for Solo Event Area aswell - Solo Area, 3v3 Area and 5v5 Area will make this so enjoyable! But it's important we have an area with 1v1 so the people who don't get groups or can't get groups, have a place to go and enjoy the PVP.

Thanks for an amazing weekend, most fun I've had playing a game in a long time!

Wishes for Future Events, Solo Zone, 3v3 Zone, 5v5 Zone. <3
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:16 PM by Yokahu
On the other hand, I hated it as a speed-less solo visible class. I’m sure solo archers or speedsters had a blast thou.

I’m all down for a solo PvP event!
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:47 PM by Numatic
I'm glad someone had fun with it.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 2:02 PM by Foofmonger
Agreed. I also had a lot of fun and I played with (and against) a ton of people who were also having a lot of fun.

I think the event was a hit, and I would like to see more in the future with a variety of different rulesets and maps. Solo, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, whatever really. Not every event can be for everyone particular playstyle, but to alleviate that concern we can just have a variety of different ones, some that cater to people who prefer things like solo instead of small-man groups, etc..

I'd also be cognizant of how the event is marketed. A 3v3 area is not an event for "solos, duos, and trios", it's an event for trios. While you "can" go in their as a solo/duo you won't be anywhere near as powerful as a trio, so the event is very clearly for trios with the option for solos/duos to participate (at a heavy disadvantage). I think a lot of people I spoke to were most annoyed that this wasn't an event "for solo/duos", even though it was semi-marketed as such. I think if it was announced as a "3v3" zone with no mention of solos/duos, it would have tempered expectations a little.

As for 8v8 events, these are going to be hard for people to get excited about to be honest unless we start getting really interesting with the rulesets. Over this weekend the 8v8 event zone was "mostly" dead (a few groups here and there), and one of the issues was that outside of being able to fight your own realm, it didn't really offer much in a "new" experience, meaning you can already have an open world zone to go roam around and 8 man (OF), so it was hard to get people excited about it. Whereas because there is no current 3v3 zone, people were much more interested to try the new ruleset.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 3:24 PM by Luluko
1vs1 is really needed and also add buff npcs which buff for free by the rate you get added and die in there you spend way too much money on buffpots and charges.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 3:48 PM by vxr
A solo event would be amazing. DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:14 PM by Boric
Yes a Solo event would be so fun.

You could have 100 of each stealther, 25 Animists sitting with a circle of shrooms, and some necros hanging out.

Every 3 feet you could get hit by a stealther, or 4!

It would be such a blast for Bard, Druids, Healers, Clerics, and many of the needed classes that are already underpopulated.

<facepalm?>
Mon 22 Apr 2019 6:50 PM by thanatosdaoc
Boric wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:14 PM

You could have 100 of each stealther, 25 Animists sitting with a circle of shrooms, and some necros hanging out.

It would be such a blast for Bard, Druids, Healers, Clerics, and many of the needed classes that are already underpopulated.

<facepalm?>

this comment is facepalm
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:40 PM by Amp_Phetamine
thanatosdaoc wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 6:50 PM
Boric wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:14 PM

<facepalm?>

this comment is facepalm

That's why you don't just have a solo event. Similar event to the one we just competed in except add a solo option as well. I agree with you Boric. It would be pointless to have a solo only event because the healer archtypes wouldn't be able to compete - just like having small man and 8 man events prevent solo's from competing.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:00 PM by Sepplord
Surprising to hear that the 8man Zone was mostly dead ...

My smallman grp (sadly we were4 this week, so too many for smallmen event) had the most fun we ever had roaming emain offtask, because we didn't see the usual 8 mans.
There was One Really Bad and low-rr hibgrp, but they struggled and werent zone-defining. But besides that mostly smallmen and solos (and ofcourse the respective realmzergs which were easily avoidable)

Rvr was a lot of fun without the die-hard set-grps gaming everything that has the misfortune to cross their paths.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics