Elf Champion

Started 21 Apr 2019
by Mykomark
in Hibernia
Planning to make an elf champion (for pve and rvr), not that I wanna be different or etc. just like how elf looks compared to other races. Do I really gonna gimp myself and be a laughing stock? Starting stats will be 10str/15con (or other variations is better?), spec would be like 50valor/42shield/39blades (I know piercing is better for low str but blade champ is much better - how I red). Appreciate for any opinions or suggestions.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 7:12 PM by Saroi
Do you want to go tank Champion? The common spec is to net spec into normal weaponline and go LW instead. Atleast that is what I am seeing at the advice channel when it comes to Champion question. When fighting in RvR attack with 2h and switch back to shield to block enemy and then back to 2h for your attack.

If you like Elf then go for it. Allthough as a melee class I would suggest Celt. You get 20 more Str and Con. At level 50 1 Con is almost 4 extra HP, which would be around 80 extra HP at 50.

I don't know how much Str. adds to the damage to Champion. I did some tests with my SB at the dummy, to test the difference of Kobold and Norseman. The 20 extra strength did about 10-11 more damage per hit, which I think is in an overall fight a huge difference.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:11 AM by Leandrys
Celt is by far the best race for champion on Zergnix, no real point in debuffing by 20 points your own HP and WS for a few dext and quick, + celt has slash racial resist just like elf, so...

I know elves look cool with scale, skin kinda matters in DAOC, but elf champion, seriously... :/
Mon 22 Apr 2019 9:36 AM by SaintRon
Leandrys wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:11 AM
Celt is by far the best race for champion on Zergnix, no real point in debuffing by 20 points your own HP and WS for a few dext and quick, + celt has slash racial resist just like elf, so...

I know elves look cool with scale, skin kinda matters in DAOC, but elf champion, seriously... :/

End game it really doesn't matter though. You can't on 1 hand say "zergnix" then on the other hand pretend 1 dude in the zerg not having ideal stats matters.

It just doesn't.

Even in 8 man - its debatable. If a champ is anything like a thane (same damage table) - str has meh impact on ws. What are we even looking at here? 5% less damage ? 3%?

An elf champ is likely going to parry/block more to make up for it also.

"By far" okay.

(end game)
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:46 PM by Leandrys
Elf doesn't realy have more dext and quick than celt, that's the problem. Your WS is important with champion, the less you have, the more important it is, ironically, you'd be walking with a constant self WS/consti debuff while debuffing enemies, it's awkward.

Dext is ok on champion, but it's not that important, you'll be parrying like 1 bonus hit for 10 or even more battles at the best compared to celt, meanwhile, celt will always have a little but appreciated HP bonus that will always work and against all classes, parry vs casters = huh ? Quickness works almost only for melee speed, it's always nice, but with evade 1, that's all for quickness.

+ celt can go 70/60/70/70 with primary stats at creation and catch up dext of quick of elves, while elf going for 50-40-85-85 is terrible. If people want to go optimal with champion, celt is the only race, elf champion isn't as gimped as firby druid, but you'll be mostly limitating yourself just for skin.

Why not, it's not that much important, but worth it intrinsically ? No.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics