Re: Pre-doom and gloom reminder

Tell that to uthgard. Those numbers went down and people said the same thing. Then no one came back. I’m not saying that will happen here, but there has already been a decline in peak numbers and it’s only going to go down more. The only question is: will there be enough players left when it eventually levels out? I think there will be because this server is better than uthgard in a lot of ways and they are actually listening to the community when it comes to making changes (like the current discussion about charges and buffs).

I havent participated much ingame or on the forums these past weeks, but my overall impression is that there is a certain dissatisfaction with how the RvR works on Phoenix and how certain things you can do in RvR are rewarded. On top of that endgame in PvE is quite easy and makes you burn through content too fast.

Those are things that should probably be addressed, otherwise more people will leave because of lack of longtime motivation.

Fun fact: For the most part MMOs have been going against the grain when it comes to the whole "gotta release in Fall / Winter because nobody is playing games when it is sunny outside" narrative. Everquest came out in March, City of Heroes in April, Age of Conan in May, SWG and Wildstar came out in June, the next expansion for FFXIV will be coming out on July 2nd and the last WoW expansion came out in August.

What is really detrimental to multiplayer games is the constant "reporting" of new lowest population numbers and gloating by people who are unhappy for whatever reason, because that's the first thing new people see when they check out the forums.

I'd like to offer a nice piece of history to put things into context a bit:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030603030 ... erald.com/

This is a snapshot of the NA servers during primetime just before 1.62, when DAoC was at its absolute height for most of us. As we can see most servers were hovering around 1300-1400 players and from reading the forums I don't remember anybody having a terrible time on Nimue or Kay. So keep that in mind the next time the population drops below 2500 and the temptation to create a thread calling the death of the server rises.

chryso wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:42 pm
Anaethema wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm
Tree wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 pm
my overall impression is that there is a certain dissatisfaction with how the RvR works on Phoenix and how certain things you can do in RvR are rewarded.
QFT.
By a few, yes. I think the majority are generally happy with how things are here.
Heh yeah the Uth 1&2 people hate seeing casuals level up a different way than what DAOC "is suppose to be!" smh

Trust me the way the alb zerg run about and also the hib zerg there are plenty people on the server.

The amount of Alb stealth zergs as well should tell you that hahaha.

Ohh and scouts in a 8man when was that a thing lol
Ojun Norse SB
Tarticus Cave Shammy Farming Machine
Boneknuckler Bonedancer