Dark Spire Account % Exp Bonus Gone

Started 20 Apr 2019
by Silenko
in Support Center
Hey!

Was a bit tired of Albion, decided to delete everything and start brand new in Hibernia.

I had a 15% DS Exp bonus that I don't have anymore, it dissapeared shortly after I started brand new in Hibernia. (Used to had it, joined a group and dissapeared, still hasn't come back)

Anybody has same issues or know how to fix it?

Thank you!
Sun 21 Apr 2019 7:37 PM by Vados
You sure your 15% bonus is more than 1 xp point?
Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:41 PM by Ashok
He did delete the character that had the 15 Dark Spire run credit => lost it's bonus.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:47 PM by Animosity
Other than keeping a name or wanting to not wait the 12 hours to realm change, why would anyone delete characters? No real reason to. Make a modified name, and take a long sleep or go see a movie and have a good afternoon outdoors or something and wait out the 12 hours.

That being said, bummer about the bonus. Sorry man
Mon 22 Apr 2019 12:55 AM by Silenko
Ashok wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:41 PM
He did delete the character that had the 15 Dark Spire run credit => lost it's bonus.

yes I did delete, but if there was specified somewhere that the "permanent account bonus" was permanent until you deleted the character, I wouldn't.

15% lost, will work hard to get it back BUT was a bit missinformed since the DS info on forums said otherwise.

"My bad"
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:03 AM by spell
All account wide credits are attached to characters. Dark spire, epic bosses, etc. There’s almost no reason to delete a leveled character. What if you want to come back in the future? 12 hour timer vs deleting all the hours spent on a character...
Thu 25 Apr 2019 8:06 AM by Silenko
Well, first ir all, they said the DS bonus was account wide, that means when you earn something it remains into the account, no matter what happens to the characters.

They never said deleting your character was also deleting the bonus: If I knew maybe I wouldn't had deleted and wait for the timer, anyway if I delete or not it's my issue and / or mistake , it's not the problem here.

I accept they are not going to give me back the bonus, I didn't even ask to get it back. I just asked them to clarify it on the original post so it doesn't happen to anybody else. (They didn't yet)

It's not an account wide bonus if you lose it when u delete the character, it's bad propaganda.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 11:10 AM by Ashok
tbh that's just how the database is working.

Each character has it's own statistics and "achievements" listed under /title. No surprise that those stats are lost when you delete the character.
The mentioned "account wide bonus" is simply a modified lookup query, searching on all characters across all realms, instead of being locked to the current active realm.

I guess there is a technical solution to separate character / realm / account credits but it would require database and code changes.
The ROI would be low.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:36 PM by reptar
Talk about an edge case. Good lord.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:32 PM by Silenko
If it's that simple, give me back my title? xD
Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:41 PM by Dominus
on a positive note, Welcome to Hibernia
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:31 PM by vxr
I don't get why people delete characters for realms they don't want to play anymore. Just don't play them. What's the point of deleting it. Someone recently told me they deleted all their alb characters because alb is so toxic. Why not just stop playing that realm instead of deleting...
Thu 25 Apr 2019 4:49 PM by Amp_Phetamine
vxr wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:31 PM
I don't get why people delete characters for realms they don't want to play anymore. Just don't play them. What's the point of deleting it. Someone recently told me they deleted all their alb characters because alb is so toxic. Why not just stop playing that realm instead of deleting...

Think he wanted to re-roll the character and keep the name is what happened
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:12 PM by Silenko
Deleting my char or not is not important here, I repeat.

I think it's about something that should be and isn't. (exp buff)

In fact I was counting on that buff to raise up faster so obviously if I knew I would lose it I wouldn't had deleted, but yet again I wanted the name so.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:33 PM by Ashenspire
Deleting your character is important, here.

In fact it's the most important thing based on how the game handles indexing.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:25 PM by Silenko
No, it's not. Because I'm talking about the fact that I lost something that was supposed to be account wide but it's not because it's character based.

I didn't know as it wasn't specified on the DS info post the DEVS made.

It's not important anymore, I'm not getting the buff back, my character is deleted and the GM's won't do anything but telling me it was my fault because I deleted the character, but again there isn't anything in the DS post that says if you delete the character you lose the account wide buff.

Maybe if you have been playing this server for long you know that it's somehow character related. I didn't and no one told me, learned it the hard way.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics