Tanks are in a poor position right now..

Started 21 Apr 2019
by Menfany
in RvR
If you look ate serverinfo at any time... the lower ranks are filled with Tanks.
And even Tanks are needed in PVE.. in RvR they are in an very poor position.

- too easy to kill
- too much CC.. even with an minimum of 10sec
- in mass fights too hard to get to targets for dmg
- endurance problems even with pots

just frustrating to play atm

Solutions:
- make AoM reduce CC too..
- less dmg from casts
- raise overall cast time for dmg casts
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:30 AM by Saroi
Last time it was PA nerf, now you want an overall nerf for casters? Tanks get Stoicism and with Det9 the cc on you is already very low. You say even 10 sec is too much? Now imagine being a other class and have to wait for 1 min atleast if noone gets you out.

If you have endurance problems in fight, turn off sprint. When you have sprint on with endu 3 pot and use a style, you will not regenerate any endurance. Unless you don't even run endu pot, because you like to run unbuffed from the PA thread.

If you have problems reaching a caster, a dd charge with 1500 range made from an alchemy can help you to interrupt.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:39 AM by Animosity
http://playphoenix.wiki/general-class-changes/

AoM does reduce cc duration.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:07 AM by Turtle006
I main an armsman, we ran Arms, Merc, Merc in the 3 man zone yesterday. And then when I logged they were running MIncer, Merc, Merc. We regularly run tank heavy groups in RvR. We had 2 Pallies, 2 Arms, Merc, Firar, Cleric, MIncer the other day. We didn't win a lot, but we were competitive. We are all low RR as well, so it is not about toys.

Tanks are ok.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:56 AM by Citian
Giving heavy tanks free AoM and light tanks NF charge would certainly help to differentiate the two from one another as well as help to combat pre-kiting/extend which is notoriously easier than pushing especially without said abilities. Leaving the ability to pressure once engaged solely on your SoS class is dumb, quite frankly.

The discrepancy in RR described tells of which group make-up is easier to do and is more successful on average. Caster MA is effective, can be spread out by nature, and has a ground advantage: you are able to effectively MA from a 1500 radius which is a gigantic area. This combined with casters' RA synergy, debuff capabilities and utilities makes for an easy decision in class picks.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:55 AM by Nefcait
The best solution would be to slightly nerf resist debuffs Imo. alb body debuff/hib heat debuff/mid cold debuff. Doesn't hurt groups with solo casters or hybrid groups as much, doesn't massively influence the balancing but makes full caster groups (who most of the alb & hib grps run nowadays) a little less powerful. The debuff cast train dmg output is just too high, especially since we have a custom mastery of the arts here which further increases the dmg output. Charge for offtanks would be way too overpowered in this setting, but tanks need a little more survivability so they don't blow up instantly against debuff trains.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 12:46 PM by opossum12
What? Tank groups have been retarded the day they gave everybody sos and no speedwarps.

This seems like an obvious case of l2p
Sun 21 Apr 2019 12:59 PM by Nefcait
If your grp members are too stupid to drop the speed of the tanks with amnesia/dd charges/insta dds I agree, L2p. Not like all realms have access to dashing defense/bof/spec af charges aswell. The only tanks that are a little too strong are Bms and Savages, slighty nerfing bms and svgs evade/parry so they are peeled more easily while also reducing resi debuff values would create a much better balancing.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:43 PM by Luluko
yeah debuffs could use a nerf and AoM could be made cheaper like det is, all those caster kite grps are just boring and no fun to fight really, way more fun if you have a few tanks doing their own with peel and assist than this kite stuff which is certainly effective but also a very boring way to fight and also get rid of milegates those are no fun for any none caster
Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:26 PM by HtGeist
Or give tanks the Memories of war,Scars of Battle to set full tanks apart from the hybrid bm/mercs. maybe even fury.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:57 AM by Highfive
ya i agree tanks to weak.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 10:53 AM by Citian
Citian wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:56 AM
Giving heavy tanks free AoM and light tanks NF charge would certainly help to differentiate the two from one another as well as help to combat pre-kiting/extend which is notoriously easier than pushing especially without said abilities. Leaving the ability to pressure once engaged solely on your SoS class is dumb, quite frankly.

The discrepancy in RR described tells of which group make-up is easier to do and is more successful on average. Caster MA is effective, can be spread out by nature, and has a ground advantage: you are able to effectively MA from a 1500 radius which is a gigantic area. This combined with casters' RA synergy, debuff capabilities and utilities makes for an easy decision in class picks.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 9:19 PM by speedr
Animosity wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:39 AM

Do you know by how much? Is it the listed amount, and if so, does it stack additively with determination?
Wed 24 Apr 2019 9:45 PM by Greenangel
I thinck we lack new frontiers charge the most on light tanks at moment
Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:47 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Greenangel wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 9:45 PM

I disagree. New Frontiers charge would be incredibly over powered for light tanks at this current state. I had a thread requesting a higher speed % boost to OF charge while retaining the lack of CC immunity but that was turned down as well.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 7:00 AM by gnefner
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:47 PM
Greenangel wrote:

I disagree. New Frontiers charge would be incredibly over powered for light tanks at this current state. I had a thread requesting a higher speed % boost to OF charge while retaining the lack of CC immunity but that was turned down as well.

Ya, having NF charge, with no way of really countering it (BG, SW etc) would be too much..
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:05 AM by Jimmy0000
gnefner wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 7:00 AM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Greenangel wrote:

Ya, having NF charge, with no way of really countering it (BG, SW etc) would be too much..

Charge is a counter in and of it's self; attempting to CC someone before they activate it is the ''counter'' the whole point of activating it is to close the gap and counter CC. Most mmorpgs have a gap closer of some sort, and the run speed is faster than in DAOC.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:15 AM by Jimmy0000
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Greenangel wrote:

Light tanks have the same hitpoints as assassins did on live on this server. Both them, heavies, and to a lesser extent, hybrids are hot garbage compared to the other class archetypes on this server. That's the reason why you only see a ratio of 1/20 of them compared to other classes in all 3 realms.
Melee classes require melee range to be functional; casters are functional at range, and to varying degrees at melee. Heck, i remember on live with one second cast speeds, casters would still be able to get casts in without MoC by holding their finger down on the cast button oftentimes in between your swings. It's happened here with me already a couple of times. But hey, lets begrudge something as simple as a 5 minute cooldown gap closer, that has a built in CC counter, so you and the other 2 tanks can charge in, avoid cc, and die in 0.01 seconds from all the 100 ranged classes focusing you. Wheeeee!
Wed 1 May 2019 11:39 AM by Cadebrennus
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:15 AM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Greenangel wrote:

Light tanks have the same hitpoints as assassins did on live on this server. Both them, heavies, and to a lesser extent, hybrids are hot garbage compared to the other class archetypes on this server. That's the reason why you only see a ratio of 1/20 of them compared to other classes in all 3 realms.
Melee classes require melee range to be functional; casters are functional at range, and to varying degrees at melee. Heck, i remember on live with one second cast speeds, casters would still be able to get casts in without MoC by holding their finger down on the cast button oftentimes in between your swings. It's happened here with me already a couple of times. But hey, lets begrudge something as simple as a 5 minute cooldown gap closer, that has a built in CC counter, so you and the other 2 tanks can charge in, avoid cc, and die in 0.01 seconds from all the 100 ranged classes focusing you. Wheeeee!

Any tank that stands toe to toe with a caster rather than dance around and try to break LOS while meleeing is just plain dumb.

That being said, the physical damage nerf still hurts and casters have too many tools compared to physical dps classes as a result of cherry-picked RAs.
Wed 1 May 2019 11:56 AM by moe_Jiller
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:05 AM
gnefner wrote:
Amp_Phetamine wrote:

Charge is a counter in and of it's self; attempting to CC someone before they activate it is the ''counter'' the whole point of activating it is to close the gap and counter CC. Most mmorpgs have a gap closer of some sort, and the run speed is faster than in DAOC.

Playing BM and I dont want NF charge without Zephyr etc.

Zerker be like Charge Stick Vendo 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 just doesnt sound Fun to me.
Thu 2 May 2019 11:49 AM by Jimmy0000
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 1 May 2019 11:39 AM
That being said, the physical damage nerf

What physical damage nerf are you talking about? The mythic one that came around 2001/2002? Did they incorporate that here? Or is it a phoenix specific nerf? The physical damage nerf, whatever it was sure doesn't seem to effect assassins BMs and dual wielders in general, because their damage was boosted on here to where it's actually higher than on live.

On the flip side, alb 2h blows; even the .88 growthrate styles hit for like 330 on slash vuln leather. Really, even with weak buffs it should be hitting slightly harder... in the end it's just all the over customized dark age of phoenix classes that are the issue with hitting too hard that are the real problem.
Thu 2 May 2019 12:12 PM by kratoxin
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 11:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 1 May 2019 11:39 AM
That being said, the physical damage nerf

What physical damage nerf are you talking about? The mythic one that came around 2001/2002? Did they incorporate that here? Or is it a phoenix specific nerf? The physical damage nerf, whatever it was sure doesn't seem to effect assassins BMs and dual wielders in general, because their damage was boosted on here to where it's actually higher than on live.

On the flip side, alb 2h blows; even the .88 growthrate styles hit for like 330 on slash vuln leather. Really, even with weak buffs it should be hitting slightly harder... in the end it's just all the over customized dark age of phoenix classes that are the issue with hitting too hard that are the real problem.
Think the's talking about the 20% melee resistant charges.
Thu 2 May 2019 12:35 PM by Sharky04
Yes, Hib 9 sec stun lasts a whopping 1 second on tanks. Please reduce to 0.5 seconds. It's unfair for tanks to not be able do to anything for a whole second.
Thu 2 May 2019 12:48 PM by Menfany
Sharky04 wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 12:35 PM
Yes, Hib 9 sec stun lasts a whopping 1 second on tanks. Please reduce to 0.5 seconds. It's unfair for tanks to not be able do to anything for a whole second.

You mean this base line Stun?
Which kills everything without Det9? and even with you lose speed and you kill the Tank with 3-4 casts anyways? which are 2 casts if 2 casters assist each other?
Yep.. that one i guess.. in line with several root, mezz, snare interuptions of movement...
Thu 2 May 2019 10:29 PM by Dariussdars
Menfany wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 12:48 PM
Sharky04 wrote:

Which kills everything without Det9? and even with you lose speed and you kill the Tank with 3-4 casts anyways? which are 2 casts if 2 casters assist each other?
Yep.. that one i guess.. in line with several root, mezz, snare interuptions of movement...

Ever heard of purge?
Thu 2 May 2019 11:09 PM by Menfany
Dariussdars wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 10:29 PM
Menfany wrote:
Sharky04 wrote:

Ever heard of purge?

How can a costly RA be the solution for CC which can hit you a second later and make you Purge completly wasted?
Or you seriously want to tell me.. hey wait until you got all the CC and THEN Purge so they cant root/mezz/stun/snare you for a minute..
Plz.. stop stating such bullshit.
Thu 2 May 2019 11:19 PM by Dariussdars
Menfany wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 11:09 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
Menfany wrote:

Ever heard of purge?

How can a costly RA be the solution for CC which can hit you a second later and make you Purge completly wasted?
Or you seriously want to tell me.. hey wait until you got all the CC and THEN Purge so they cant root/mezz/stun/snare you for a minute..

Which Mid/Hib casters have stun, mez, root, and snare all on the same class? Do you ever stop whining? Weird how you think this is a tank issue, when Det9 makes any CC cast on you last a minimal amount.

Have you ever played a caster that doesn't have stoicism and Det9?
Fri 3 May 2019 10:31 AM by Sharky04
Menfany wrote:
Sharky04 wrote:

Why not assist train the caster and kill him almost instantly. I have been killed within 2 seconds by a single savage (with druid buffs on me). With a melee train of 3 you can kill every caster in less than a second.
Fri 3 May 2019 9:23 PM by Menfany
Dariussdars wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 11:19 PM
Menfany wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 11:09 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
Ever heard of purge?

Which Mid/Hib casters have stun, mez, root, and snare all on the same class? Do you ever stop whining? Weird how you think this is a tank issue, when Det9 makes any CC cast on you last a minimal amount.

Have you ever played a caster that doesn't have stoicism and Det9?

Ohh... you talking about runing solo.. nvm..
And i will never stop complaining about disadvantages.. because balance is all what this game keeps alive.
The Tank issue isnt a CC issue.. its an "how easy a tank can be killed even he has Det9"..
Fri 3 May 2019 9:26 PM by Menfany
Sharky04 wrote:
Fri 3 May 2019 10:31 AM
Menfany wrote:
Sharky04 wrote:

Why not assist train the caster and kill him almost instantly. I have been killed within 2 seconds by a single savage (with druid buffs on me). With a melee train of 3 you can kill every caster in less than a second.

Why? because your tanks will be killed in same speed.. even they should stand longer then a caster.
These days caster focus down a tank as same speed the tanks WOULD get down a caster.. IF they are finaly get to the caster.. which is hard to do.. even with Det9.
Fri 3 May 2019 10:24 PM by Dariussdars
Menfany wrote:
Fri 3 May 2019 9:26 PM
Sharky04 wrote:
Menfany wrote:

Why? because your tanks will be killed in same speed.. even they should stand longer then a caster.
These days caster focus down a tank as same speed the tanks WOULD get down a caster.. IF they are finaly get to the caster.. which is hard to do.. even with Det9.

Perhaps you should ask your Sorc to mez those mean casters, so they don't nuke you freely? Pretty sure none of those casters has Det9, and doubt all of them have purge up 24/7.
Mon 6 May 2019 10:33 AM by Sepplord
Dariussdars wrote:
Fri 3 May 2019 10:24 PM
Menfany wrote:
Sharky04 wrote:

Perhaps you should ask your Sorc to mez those mean casters, so they don't nuke you freely? Pretty sure none of those casters has Det9, and doubt all of them have purge up 24/7.

So casters do not need to pick smart targets, they can just assistnuke any target picked by F8 as long as the enemy support lost against your groups support (or is still busy winning that interaction)
Mon 6 May 2019 10:47 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:33 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
Menfany wrote:

So casters do not need to pick smart targets, they can just assistnuke any target picked by F8 as long as the enemy support lost against your groups support (or is still busy winning that interaction)

If the team has a dedicated interrupter/secondary dps then yes, the casters are free to /assist to their heart's content.
Mon 6 May 2019 10:49 AM by Druth
Apart from feelings (which some might argue doesn't qualify as data...), there is no data that suggest casters dominate RvR.
Mon 6 May 2019 10:51 AM by Sepplord
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:47 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

If the team has a dedicated interrupter/secondary dps then yes, the casters are free to /assist to their heart's content.

emphasis on "any target" not the assist part...
that casters assist for DPS isn't a problem. Them debuffnuking anything without requiring smart targetpicking is imo
Mon 6 May 2019 10:55 AM by Sepplord
Druth wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:49 AM
Apart from feelings (which some might argue doesn't qualify as data...), there is no data that suggest casters dominate RvR.

How do you know?
We do not have access to the serverdata. The data could be there. The data could also show the opposite.

You claiming that there is no data showing it implies a different thing than saying we have no idea how the data that could definitely answer the question looks like.
Mon 6 May 2019 11:04 AM by Druth
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:55 AM
How do you know?
We do not have access to the serverdata. The data could be there. The data could also show the opposite.

You claiming that there is no data showing it implies a different thing than saying we have no idea how the data that could definitely answer the question looks like.

Well... there might be some equation hidden somewhere that shows how OP casters are.
But I can't see it, in fact when I look at Herald it shows a good balance of which class arch-types are played.

People experience stuff, and they have feelings about stuff. But it's rare it aligns with reality.
And especially in a PvP game, people are desperately grasping for "evidence" that their losses are due to external causes and not their own inabilities.
Mon 6 May 2019 11:10 AM by Sepplord
IF you look in the Herald hybrids have higher RR in the Top250 than lighttanks....

looking at the herald should never be done for balance discussions
Mon 6 May 2019 11:35 AM by Druth
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 11:10 AM
IF you look in the Herald hybrids have higher RR in the Top250 than lighttanks....

looking at the herald should never be done for balance discussions

First of all statistics have their own weakness, I agree 100% (maybe 99%...) on that.
But what I see on the forums is a trend to show examples, experiences, often "backed up" by "I've played the game xx years" essentially trying to portray themselves as a semi-pro DaoC player. But very rarely do I see people showing numbers to support their claims, and not screenshots of damage, but actual numbers behind backing up their claim.

Second, I look at weekly top 250, because on a server where lvl 50+temped is easy, and in a PvP game where people seek ease-mode, people will migrate to strong classes and leave weak classes. There are anomalies, and some will insist on playing a weak class, and get groups/rps simply by being a really really great player.
But the average player/human seeks the easiest route to having fun in PvP, which is winning, which means best classes.
You don't see savages being in top because of how k33wl claws are, but because they rock. Example...

Thirdly, my take has been to reverse the 1-250 numbers, so top 1 player gets 250 points, and bottom 250 gets 1 point.
Adding all numbers together across classes (summing male/female instances, in the name of equal rights...), so every one of 39 classes has a number.
Minstrel gets 2754 points, theurgist 5 points. Total numbers 31375 points.
Adding together all casters, and tanks, I get 8294 points for casters, and 7145 for tanks.
Now... I did add skalds to tanks, and I realize when looking at it that some might disagree on that, since skalds are not defined by being tanks, but by being necessary (meaning support), but the same could be said about sorcs then. I excluded minstrels because they are often used for stealth, and don't in any way fit "tank" status.

Now you can argue my method is idiotic, bad, etc... but then show me another way of showing popularity, that is not biased "I feel" "I think" etc etc...
But if you can somewhat agree on my method, then 1100 points difference is not significant enough (in my biased view) to equate to casters dominating.

On a sidenote... every class should average 804 points, the 3 assassins has 6006 points (total combined), while the 3 archer classes has a total of 1340.
THAT is a significant distorted popularity.

Top 5 are Minstrel, Infil, SB, Skald, Sorc. So stealthers take up top 3 spots.
Mon 6 May 2019 12:15 PM by Sepplord
i agree that your system sounds quite effective for what it is trying to do...but in the end it doesn't differentiate between playstyles and individual choices
at the beginning of the server a hunter was Number1 of the server for an extended time. That dude alone booked 250points for the Hunterclass.
When you only look at 250players individual impacts do skew the big picture, although i agree that the assassin <-> archer numbers seem to show that there is something wrong BUT it is confirming what i feel anyways.

Assassins having such a high number also doesn't mean that groups should be taking more of them But they are taking up about a third of your datapoints, so simply excluding them as they don't impact group-rvr is also not reasonable. etc...

I was also assuming Tanks in the discussion was about Fulltanks. Aka Warrior/Fian/Armsman. (just out of interest, what would the full-tank number be normalized for a single class?) Not all melees in general. A skald, zerker or savage being assistnuked with the blink of an eye is fine. A warrior/fian/armsman being deleted in basically the same event isn't.

Druth wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 11:35 AM

Currently it's 2mins, 2sorcs and a cleric... Albion OP? (jk)
Mon 6 May 2019 12:37 PM by Druth
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 12:15 PM
i agree that your system sounds quite effective for what it is trying to do...but in the end it doesn't differentiate between playstyles and individual choices
at the beginning of the server a hunter was Number1 of the server for an extended time. That dude alone booked 250points for the Hunterclass.
When you only look at 250players individual impacts do skew the big picture, although i agree that the assassin <-> archer numbers seem to show that there is something wrong BUT it is confirming what i feel anyways.

Assassins having such a high number also doesn't mean that groups should be taking more of them But they are taking up about a third of your datapoints, so simply excluding them as they don't impact group-rvr is also not reasonable. etc...

I was also assuming Tanks in the discussion was about Fulltanks. Aka Warrior/Fian/Armsman. (just out of interest, what would the full-tank number be normalized for a single class?) Not all melees in general. A skald, zerker or savage being assistnuked with the blink of an eye is fine. A warrior/fian/armsman being deleted in basically the same event isn't.

Druth wrote:

Like I said, anomalies will always happen, that hunter was likely an anomaly
My point is that data wont give you the answer, only directions to possible problems.
But neither does people's opinions.

So you need to combo opinions with data.

I added many melee/hybrid to tanks, because unless I also limit casters, I can't limit tanks.
If all I'm allowed to add up are full tanks, then of course casters win by far. Unless I can add up enchanter/rm/caba only, because they are the main debuffer classes.
But that said... the 3 core tanks are severely underplayed (400 points roughly each), so if that is your concern, then yes, casters dominate.

Top 5 is not top 5 in 250, but top 5 popularity in my point system...
Just look down the list, those 5 will pop up very often in the first 50.
Mon 6 May 2019 2:45 PM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:51 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

that casters assist for DPS isn't a problem. Them debuffnuking anything without requiring smart targetpicking is imo

At that point it's just splitting hairs, the hair being player ability split into average players and good players.
Tue 7 May 2019 5:52 AM by Sepplord
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 2:45 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 10:51 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

At that point it's just splitting hairs, the hair being player ability split into average players and good players.

But that's the point, the opposite of splitting hairs...
target choice should be a rewarding skill...it is for melee-assistleaders. Which target to pick, when to suddenly switch to catch healers spamming heals on the wrong target etc.
Taking a fulltank as assisttarget of a meleetrain results in the loss of the fight.
Tue 7 May 2019 7:56 AM by Druth
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 5:52 AM
Taking a fulltank as assisttarget of a meleetrain results in the loss of the fight.

I agree... assisting on a full tank (hero, arms, war), for caster or tank assist, should just reward you with an empty powerbar if the tank gets minimal healing.
Wed 8 May 2019 4:04 AM by bigne88
Druth wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 12:37 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 12:15 PM

Druth wrote:

Like I said, anomalies will always happen, that hunter was likely an anomaly
My point is that data wont give you the answer, only directions to possible problems.
But neither does people's opinions.

So you need to combo opinions with data.

I added many melee/hybrid to tanks, because unless I also limit casters, I can't limit tanks.
If all I'm allowed to add up are full tanks, then of course casters win by far. Unless I can add up enchanter/rm/caba only, because they are the main debuffer classes.
But that said... the 3 core tanks are severely underplayed (400 points roughly each), so if that is your concern, then yes, casters dominate.

Top 5 is not top 5 in 250, but top 5 popularity in my point system...
Just look down the list, those 5 will pop up very often in the first 50.

You must be new to daoc or maybe just naive.
Strongest setups, pugs or not, are tank trains, because is overall easy to play. Tanks are always in hig demand and needed in any kind of setup, so I dunno what you talking about.
If you look at server numbers, well, that is pretty useless; do you think that all the characters online are lvl 50 and doing rvr? 1/4 of the server are useless stealthers, 2/4 are exping and the rest is a mix of afk ppl, keeptakers, farmers and smallmen and 8v8.
Ergo, you should only look at the numbers of active population witch is doing 8v8 or small men: mid parties are all made of tanks and albs/hibs are 50/50.

Light tanks being more popular than heavy tanks? Orly? You dont say! It was always like that
Wed 8 May 2019 7:10 AM by Druth
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 4:04 AM
Strongest setups, pugs or not, are tank trains, because is overall easy to play. Tanks are always in hig demand and needed in any kind of setup, so I dunno what you talking about.
If you look at server numbers, well, that is pretty useless; do you think that all the characters online are lvl 50 and doing rvr? 1/4 of the server are useless stealthers, 2/4 are exping and the rest is a mix of afk ppl, keeptakers, farmers and smallmen and 8v8.
Ergo, you should only look at the numbers of active population witch is doing 8v8 or small men: mid parties are all made of tanks and albs/hibs are 50/50.

Light tanks being more popular than heavy tanks? Orly? You dont say! It was always like that

Weekly rp numbers does not show what you state.
So... you don't know what you are talking about.

Would be idiotic to only look at who is online, you look at the weekly rps, because that translate to RvR activity.

Take a look at last week, and show me how in any way you conclude the strongest setups are tanks.
I have to go down to no. 18 to even find a light tank.

And another time, before trying to appear superior, and ridicule people, get some facts first to support you, otherwise you just appear to be spewing out whatever pops up in your head.
Wed 8 May 2019 10:19 AM by bigne88
Druth wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 7:10 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 4:04 AM

Weekly rp numbers does not show what you state.
So... you don't know what you are talking about.

Would be idiotic to only look at who is online, you look at the weekly rps, because that translate to RvR activity.

Take a look at last week, and show me how in any way you conclude the strongest setups are tanks.
I have to go down to no. 18 to even find a light tank.

And another time, before trying to appear superior, and ridicule people, get some facts first to support you, otherwise you just appear to be spewing out whatever pops up in your head.
Do you actually play on Phoenix or just forum spamming. I can tell you that now, on hibernia, the most looked for class is the slam BM. If you sit on LFG or Alliance channel, BM or any melee peeler is always looked for. For small men too.
On other realms I can tell (I only do SM and 8v8) that mid is tank heavy (you dont say) and alb is a 50/50.
Hib strongest set party (and the only one probably) is a tank setup witch includes a champion or a valewalker.
Mid strongest party is a tank party.
Alb strongest now is the philosopher one (they were on hib till last week, making everyone crying with the tanglers) and yea, they run a body train. But still they have a rltank or two.

On the rp counter are listed every filthy keeptaker on earth, witch mostly are casters (if you actually play, you would know how boring is to play a melee class during sieges or zerg vs zerg))

The fact that are the least played classes dosent mean they suck and the statement you do is pretty silly.
And bare with me, I'm the first one pushing for having back charge and celerity for every realm.

Tldr; if you say "tank are the least played classes" I'm agree, but if you say that " tanks are the leatest played classes because thry suck" well, you are pretty wrong and never played daoc.

Ah, top rp last 48 hours? First is mercenary, second warrior. Wtf you talking about dudd?
Wed 8 May 2019 10:58 AM by Druth
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 10:19 AM
Do you actually play on Phoenix or just forum spamming. I can tell you that now, on hibernia, the most looked for class is the slam BM. If you sit on LFG or Alliance channel, BM or any melee peeler is always looked for. For small men too.
On other realms I can tell (I only do SM and 8v8) that mid is tank heavy (you dont say) and alb is a 50/50.
Hib strongest set party (and the only one probably) is a tank setup witch includes a champion or a valewalker.
Alb strongest now is the philosopher one (they were on hib till last week, making everyone crying with the tanglers) and yea, they run a body train. But still they have a rltank or two.

On the rp counter are listed every filthy keeptaker on earth, witch mostly are casters (if you actually play, you would know how boring is to play a melee class during sieges or zerg vs zerg))

The fact that are the least played classes dosent mean they suck and the statement you do is pretty silly.
And bare with me, I'm the first one pushing for having back charge and celerity for every realm.

Tldr; if you say "tank are the least played classes" I'm agree, but if you say that " tanks are the leatest played classes because thry suck" well, you are pretty wrong and never played daoc.

Ah, top rp last 48 hours? First is mercenary, second warrior. Wtf you talking about dudd?

I never said anywhere that they sucked. I only argue against people using their feelings, and often limited experience, to determine if someone is dominating.

If you read up... you will notice I actually say I can't see casters dominating, because their numbers are fairly equal.
Due to anomalies you need more than just a slight edge in active rvr players to determine dominance.

What I did say, was that it looks to me like heavy tanks are underperforming, and they should get a boost.

48 hour means little, top 5 means little. You need to look at the whole top 250, over a whole week, and extract data from that.
48 hours could be 1-2 people having the week off, just playing non-stop.
You need a broad sample, critical mass, to get any "evidence".
Wed 8 May 2019 11:04 AM by bigne88
Druth wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 10:58 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 10:19 AM

I never said anywhere that they sucked. I only argue against people using their feelings, and often limited experience, to determine if someone is dominating.

If you read up... you will notice I actually say I can't see casters dominating, because their numbers are fairly equal.
Due to anomalies you need more than just a slight edge in active rvr players to determine dominance.

What I did say, was that it looks to me like heavy tanks are underperforming, and they should get a boost.

48 hour means little, top 5 means little. You need to look at the whole top 250, over a whole week, and extract data from that.
48 hours could be 1-2 people having the week off, just playing non-stop.
You need a broad sample, critical mass, to get any "evidence".

Instead of speaking about a "critical mass" in a zerg friendly game, why dont you just install the game and play it for a bit?
Heavy tanks underperforming? What kind of "love" would you give them? I can only tell you that if I have an armsmen on my back I get 2 shotted. The same for warrior.
Wed 8 May 2019 11:12 AM by Druth
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 11:04 AM
Instead of speaking about a "critical mass" in a zerg friendly game, why dont you just install the game and play it for a bit?
Heavy tanks underperforming? What kind of "love" would you give them?

Install, cute

Example could be better magic res. Does it matter? They perform worse than archers, and they have 500+ posts devoted to them.
Main thing is to first acknowledge there is a problem, solutions are irrelevant without some general agreement to there being a problem.

Don't think you understand what critical mass means, it means you need a large sample to draw any conclusion.
5 people is not enough in a game with 5000+ players (not at the same time), and 250 is the max people you can get in the weekly rp list, which is why 250 had to do in terms of getting a sample.
Wed 8 May 2019 11:57 PM by Jimmy0000
Druth wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 11:12 AM
bigne88 wrote:

Install, cute

Example could be better magic res. Does it matter? They perform worse than archers, and they have 500+ posts devoted to them.
Main thing is to first acknowledge there is a problem, solutions are irrelevant without some general agreement to there being a problem.

Don't think you understand what critical mass means, it means you need a large sample to draw any conclusion.
5 people is not enough in a game with 5000+ players (not at the same time), and 250 is the max people you can get in the weekly rp list, which is why 250 had to do in terms of getting a sample.

There sure are alot of people on here that try to cover up this server's obvious issues. My last fight today, before i typed /quit, was against a hunter, who was a 2h sword user, and she hit my armsman with 2h for the same damage i was hitting her back for, lol. Granted, i was unbuffed, but her weaponskill couldn't have been any higher than about 1200 (arms weaponskill) with the crappy buffs on this server, and she was in slash vuln studded, where i was in slash neutral plate. That's like 3 armor levels higher. I think alot of this kind of stuff is a byproduct of all these weird, chaotic weapon damage table changes on this server that have been put in a bartender's shaker, and splattered out onto a (weapon damage) table in an attempt to help these so-called "neglected" classes like hunters, sbs, thanes, etc. when the game wasn't designed for that, hence you get all this retardation like literal shadow-zerkers which might as well be actual berserkers but with stealth and PA. while armsmen hit for a measily 288 damage with 0 quick frontloading with a slash weapon on leather wearers using .88 growth rate styles, while having like 1350 WS.
*shakes head*
Thu 9 May 2019 6:35 AM by Sepplord
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 11:57 PM
Druth wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

Install, cute

There sure are alot of people on here that try to cover up this server's obvious issues. My last fight today, before i typed /quit, was against a hunter, who was a 2h sword user, and she hit my armsman with 2h for the same damage i was hitting her back for, lol. Granted, i was unbuffed, but her weaponskill couldn't have been any higher than about 1200 (arms weaponskill) with the crappy buffs on this server, and she was in slash vuln studded, where i was in slash neutral plate. That's like 3 armor levels higher. I think alot of this kind of stuff is a byproduct of all these weird, chaotic weapon damage table changes on this server that have been put in a bartender's shaker, and splattered out onto a (weapon damage) table in an attempt to help these so-called "neglected" classes like hunters, sbs, thanes, etc. when the game wasn't designed for that, hence you get all this retardation like literal shadow-zerkers which might as well be actual berserkers but with stealth and PA. while armsmen hit for a measily 288 damage with 0 quick frontloading with a slash weapon on leather wearers using .88 growth rate styles, while having like 1350 WS.
*shakes head*

*shakes head*
That's all i can do while reading so much misinformation and bias
Fri 10 May 2019 1:48 AM by Jimmy0000
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 6:35 AM
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 11:57 PM
Druth wrote:
Install, cute

*shakes head*

*shakes head*
That's all i can do while reading so much misinformation and bias

-,I,,(-_-),,i,-
Tue 14 May 2019 3:01 AM by pollojack
Don't fight unbuffed. Tanks destroy sins during stun phase. Hell, there was a RR3 merc I was dueling the other night because he hit like a fucking truck. I at RR5 had little chance of winning without landing PA.

And there are maybe two sword hunters out there because sword for hunter is garbage. Only class that is reasonable running sword over spear is Valk and they have a DD style proc.

And hell, you have engage. You can draw out the fight long enough for another pot or another stun if you so need.
Tue 14 May 2019 7:49 AM by Dindelion
This thread is kind of a nice example of different perception due to each person playstyle.
Yes, tanks might not be the best in keep takes or during those 40 vs 40 at amg, RPs or fun wise. It's just way more "fun" to play a caster during those big zerg plays.

But otherwise, roaming or 8man tank setups are actually quite retarded considering how strong they are. They might need some RR but they are damn nearly unkillable while still hitting casters like truck.
Tue 14 May 2019 11:22 PM by Wooshh
If i can choose i choose caster party, bigger possibilities to win
Tue 14 May 2019 11:30 PM by Bradekes
Animosity wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:39 AM

Not sure how nobody called this guy out??? No where in this link does it state AoM reduces CC lol
Wed 15 May 2019 1:07 AM by Animosity
It did when I linked it. Must have removed it.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:10 AM by Bradekes
Animosity wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 1:07 AM
It did when I linked it. Must have removed it.

AoM is secondary and shouldn't affect cc
Wed 15 May 2019 1:36 AM by Animosity
No disagreement. But when I posted that link it specifically said that it does. Just FYI.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:45 AM by Bradekes
Animosity wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 1:36 AM
No disagreement. But when I posted that link it specifically said that it does. Just FYI.

Interesting.. As there's been no statement in last month's updates about it.. Maybe stealth nerf? Or archaic information they addressed long ago
Wed 15 May 2019 5:56 AM by Sepplord
had been changed long ago, and confirmed by schaf multiple times...

they probably just hadn't updated their documentation earlier
Thu 16 May 2019 4:08 PM by Amnesiaa
its not tanks being too weak, its the bard. if you give a root to the bard, tanks will be root immune and then the tanks can easily fly in without getting peels. so give the bard a root would be the solution to upgrade the tanks.
Wed 29 May 2019 7:25 PM by Pirhana7
Gives tanks and light tanks the ability to spec in a limited stealth. Nothing close to what the current stealth classes have but something good enough to hide off the path from 8mans and zergs. A lot of people wants to play tanks but make sins just because of stealth survivabity. If tanks had a chance to hide from being ran over a lot more would be out there. maybe something like 15+10 stealth.
Thu 30 May 2019 12:29 AM by BrandynPoK
Jimmy0000 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:05 AM
gnefner wrote:
Amp_Phetamine wrote:

You can also counter charge by starting your cast, and then cancelling it and kiting if you see them use charge. When on my sorc whilst soloing, this was one of my favorite tactics.
Not only do they die, but they're very angry about it. Win/win.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics