PvP Event Zone - Multiple Groups Coordinating in 3s and 8s

Started 16 Apr 2019
by Ardri
in Ask the Team
Is this allowed? Because people were doing it when "testing" was going on. I asked in the support discord twice and used @GameMaster and @Devs who looked to be active. No response. If this is allowed then cool, get ready for 9mans in the 3man zone and 16mans in the 8man zone. If it's not allowed...and no dev responds here...i will point to this thread.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:23 AM by Sepplord
it shouldn't be allowed but just like in real RvR situations happen where enemies decide not to attack each other, or team up VS someone else...

the difference between a random encounter going that way and actual crossrealming happening is kind of hard to prove...but if some people try and exploit the event mechanics in obvious ways i am pretty sure they will step in.
Hard to prove if done smart/sneaky
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:41 PM by Boric
No where does it say you have to engage every fight. Just like in current RvR they have stated it is ok for groups to pull off, not add, add, spin in circles, dance or anything else they want while a fight is going on.

I do not see why it will be any different in this zone. If 2 groups of '3' decide not to attack each other, it is no different then 2 groups of players not fighting each other currently or not jumping in on a 1v1.

So in my opinion the answer is it is allowed. The only alternative would be that every single player has to attack anyone he sees, which is obviously not possible.

I know I have already heard a few groups planning to go in together (same realm), which in my opinion is fine. How else are they supposed to compete with the RR10 group?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:26 PM by Sepplord
Boric wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:41 PM
No where does it say you have to engage every fight. Just like in current RvR they have stated it is ok for groups to pull off, not add, add, spin in circles, dance or anything else they want while a fight is going on.

The huge difference is, that it is allowed as long as it is not planned/coordinated in for example discord. THEN it would be considered crossrealming (but very hard to prove unless they do it in a public channel on the phoenix discord).

This event will exacerbate the problem because:

a) people have more connections to a portion of enemies (their realmmates)

b) people are already in discord together because they belong to a huge guild or alliance

c) people will argue with the cop-out: it's not crossrealming, since they are the same realm, just attackable in event. Therefor crossrealming rules should not apply

Therefor imo, it is important to clearly state the ruleset regarding this event otherwise it will lead to upset people (best case) or players banned because of misunderstanding the rules which is bad for the whole server (worst case)
Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:42 PM by Boric
I agreed - I just do not see how they can make any rule that will work.

Example: My guild all runs in bright pink colors and we do not want to fight each other. This is no different then actual RvR where certain guilds will not engage in a fight ect.

Now it will obviously be taken to extreme, where two groups of 3 (of guildies) are running around together and not engaging each other; however this is no different then groups in real RvR doing this.

Also can be same in the 8 man zone, there can be 2-3 FG's of guildies running around together and not attacking each other. This is allowed in real RvR (and we can pretend that it is not talked about before hand either, but lets not kid ourselves).

If there is a way they can police this then great, but I do not think all the GM's want to fly around watching this and trying to figure out what is planned and not and banning. Either way, if they state a 'strict' rule there will be tons of people complaining that someone broke it.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:50 PM by Sepplord
Yeah it's basically not enforceable. So, thats why i believe it would help to clearly stated that its allowed.

Otherwise there probably will be flamewars in advice/trade/etc... and then they have to mute People again etc...
Weil, probably will happen either Way. Maybe it IS better to wait and see hod it develop and then carefully try to steer the Situation into clear daher again when it starts to boil up
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:47 PM by Numatic
You can show your disdain by not participating and go to the regular RvR zones. When all those coordinated groups dont have anyone to farm they will get bored. Or annoyed by being rolled by another group
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:23 AM by pax
A thing is choosing to not attack your guildmates\realmates another is to roam all toghether cleaning the enemyes. Choosing to add a fight or not, to ingage or not is different from playing toghether making fights imbalanced..
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:14 PM by Ashok
No restriction on "teaming" across multiple small man groups during the PvP event.
It's PvP and the same as in RvR.

However some additional [not communicated] changes might be in to help mitigate the overall effectiveness of those bonding groups.
The event will be monitored closely and rules might change on-the-fly if necessary.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:28 PM by Dominus
pax wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:23 AM
A thing is choosing to not attack your guildmates\realmates another is to roam all toghether cleaning the enemyes. Choosing to add a fight or not, to ingage or not is different from playing toghether making fights imbalanced..

THIS ^^

I had heard someone mention running multiple 3-4 mans together and owning, and of course coordination would be on discord. This type of event may interest some, but I don't feel it represents the game ideal. I won't be participating either.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:38 PM by Ardri
Ashok wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:14 PM
No restriction on "teaming" across multiple small man groups during the PvP event.
It's PvP and the same as in RvR.

Ha! Be ready for many tears.

Ashok wrote:
However some additional [not communicated] changes might be in to help mitigate the overall effectiveness of those bonding groups.

What does this even mean? Theoretically speaking of course, it would be very easy to "team" up with other people and dominate lesser numbers.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:49 PM by Ashok
Ardri wrote:
Ashok wrote:

What does this even mean? Theoretically speaking of course, it would be very easy to "team" up with other people and dominate lesser numbers.
While we will do not force groups to engage on each other, there had been plans to consider non-group players like players from a different realm; so no healing, buffing or rezzing across groups possible.
They might roam together, but cannot help each other besides not attacking.

I don't got intel if all of those changes got implemented in the end... I guess you will see.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics