Visible solo, where do you go?

Started 17 Apr 2019
by gnefner
in RvR
Hi,

my Thane's getting closer to the finish mark, where he's ready for RvR.

I've been reading the forum, and taking in what I found - but I wanted to ask all you visi soloers, where do you generally go, to find the "best" solo or smallman action? This goes for stealthers too of course, but I'm mostly interested in hearing it from the visis, what their experiences are? I know.. Don't camp MG's, don't stand in the middle of high traffic roads etc.. Any pointers?

I know it's going to be a long and tough road, I don't mind that.. But If I know beforehand, some good places to be - it would make the startup that much more fun

Thanks in advance.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:15 AM by Sepplord
the non task/not-emain zones work quite well in general but there really is no "best place" to solo anywhere...and if there was, word would get out and the stealthzergs/smallmen would go there to farm the free-RPs
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:20 AM by gnefner
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:15 AM
the non task/not-emain zones work quite well in general but there really is no "best place" to solo anywhere...and if there was, word would get out and the stealthzergs/smallmen would go there to farm the free-RPs

Ya, I kinda figured as much. So rule of thumb being, stay away from Emain, which is a given - and then role around the non-task zones, as they switch? I've been Pve'ing lately, first my BD and now the Thane, so I haven't really been keeping up with the cycle, but I guess it shows up under /task, no?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:35 AM by Stimmed
Theres a few different ways you can look at soloing.

Before I was rr4 I would try not to die etc skip some fights because I might die etc etc....Then realize I'm missing out on great fight opportunities or rps. its not a long run.

So if your happy to just run out get into quick action. I would be going emain you will find something always. Yeah you will die alot as visi i still die tons there solo as a stealther. But you get action. Which to me is much better then trying to find the perfect fights for an hour and only getting 2-3. During peak times though it would be so rough offpeak times is so much better for solo action I find. Also for you the Alb task would be great to go to mmg/hmg and find some solos when its in Alb.

To me finding fights is more important then waiting for to long to get no action just because you want 1v1s etc.

Cycle is Mid>Hib>Alb im pretty sure.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:10 AM by Luluko
Best action you can find is usually out of reach as a none speed class and even as a skald you wont always find it. If albs/hibs have a keep bg going you can farm stragglers most are 40-49 tho but sometimes you also have a 50 solo cab or necro you can kill. So you need to pay attention if the other realms are taking any keeps anywhere. Despite that Cruachan/Mount Collery have from time to time a few farmers and xpers or you look if there are any alb/hib kills in uppland/jamtland sometimes you find a solo minstrel or a stealth duo if you dont wanna kill xpers. But if you go to emain be rdy to spend lots of cash just on buffpots and charges because you will die a lot but also the chances in leeching rps is higher, well at least in none primetime hours. Sometimes the albzerg is just too overwhelming that its better to avoid emain entirely.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:48 AM by gnefner
All good input, thanks! Alto of the time I'll be duoing with a Skald, so speed will be there, much of the time, but will solo plenty as well.

Regarding pots/charges.. as a Thane, I have my own str/con.. So besides the Combined Forces pots, end/pwr/hp regen etc.. I would assume dex/qui charges are essential.. How about other needed/good to have charges? dmg shield? ablatives? There's no many charges I would think it's difficult to manage them all
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:20 AM by jelzinga_EU
gnefner wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:48 AM
All good input, thanks! Alto of the time I'll be duoing with a Skald, so speed will be there, much of the time, but will solo plenty as well.

Regarding pots/charges.. as a Thane, I have my own str/con.. So besides the Combined Forces pots, end/pwr/hp regen etc.. I would assume dex/qui charges are essential.. How about other needed/good to have charges? dmg shield? ablatives? There's no many charges I would think it's difficult to manage them all

I would grab haste-potions (much stronger than the haste from combined forces) and spec-AF. D/Q is nice but not super important. DMG-Shield is OK, but not necessary.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:25 AM by gnefner
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:20 AM
gnefner wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:48 AM

I would grab haste-potions (much stronger than the haste from combined forces) and spec-AF. D/Q is nice but not super important. DMG-Shield is OK, but not necessary.

Aah right, haste! Spec-AF makes sense.. I would think though, as a Thane.. Dex/qui is pretty nice to have too.. But will learn as I go
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:36 AM by Sepplord
also get the legion healcharge-item... maybe also the mana-charge item as thane
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:12 PM by gnefner
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:36 AM
also get the legion healcharge-item... maybe also the mana-charge item as thane

Mana is never really an issue, spells don't use much here - and as a solo/duo, I reckon i won't be standing still casting 20+ spells most of the time anyway

But yes, the Legion heal is a must - I have credit ready, just for that.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:36 PM by Yokahu
Get ST as soon as possible. The ST will reset your target’s stun immunity timer from your slam.
So you can do slam > ST > slam as soon as the last tick of the ST goes off. That’s 18secs of free dmg if their purge is down.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:16 PM by Lillebror
I atleast have stopped jumping them alone.

Same goes for elfs in scale
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:44 PM by Gotmagi
I usually go to the non task zones with hadrians being the best one. Odins tends to get really empty for some reason when there is no task in mid. Meeting a mid player in odins with no task going is extremely rare. You can solo in a task zone but you have to know which routes to take between the milegates, if you're aiming to get pure solo kills dont expect much.. you will have adds on most of your fights.

Then if you're purely focusing on getting solo kills you can go to sauvage/snowdonia/CG to kill xpers or try gank the ppl killing xpers CG seems to have the highest amount of xp gankers.

90% of your fights will be against stealthers.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:27 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Gotmagi wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:44 PM
I usually go to the non task zones with hadrians being the best one. Odins tends to get really empty for some reason when there is no task in mid. Meeting a mid player in odins with no task going is extremely rare. You can solo in a task zone but you have to know which routes to take between the milegates, if you're aiming to get pure solo kills dont expect much.. you will have adds on most of your fights.

Then if you're purely focusing on getting solo kills you can go to sauvage/snowdonia/CG to kill xpers or try gank the ppl killing xpers CG seems to have the highest amount of xp gankers.

90% of your fights will be against stealthers.

All true.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:11 PM by Shadowblade1
gnefner wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:05 AM
Hi,

my Thane's getting closer to the finish mark, where he's ready for RvR.

I've been reading the forum, and taking in what I found - but I wanted to ask all you visi soloers, where do you generally go, to find the "best" solo or smallman action? This goes for stealthers too of course, but I'm mostly interested in hearing it from the visis, what their experiences are? I know.. Don't camp MG's, don't stand in the middle of high traffic roads etc.. Any pointers?

I know it's going to be a long and tough road, I don't mind that.. But If I know beforehand, some good places to be - it would make the startup that much more fun

Thanks in advance.

Help me defend Uppland during AND off task.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics