@Gotmagi

Started 12 Apr 2019
by phixion
in RvR
I'm sorry bro, I didn't know it was you. The race change threw me...

I feel bad.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 11:36 PM by phixion
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:02 PM
What'd he change to?

Celt
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:30 AM by Gotmagi
phixion wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 11:36 PM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
What'd he change to?

Celt

I've always been a celt =)
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:15 PM by t4coops
Gotmagi wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:30 AM
phixion wrote:
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
What'd he change to?

Celt

hueauheuaheuhaeuhaeuhae
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:58 PM by phixion
Gotmagi wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:30 AM
phixion wrote:
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
What'd he change to?

Celt

Dafuq... coulda sworn you were Elf. LOL.

Sorry
Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:41 PM by nemauen
Are you on discord @Gotmagi?
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:36 AM by Sepplord
phixion wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:27 PM

I feel bad.

i am wondering which situation happened where you would feel sorry afterwards because of not recognizing someone
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:45 PM by phixion
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:36 AM
phixion wrote:

I feel bad.

i am wondering which situation happened where you would feel sorry afterwards because of not recognizing someone

He was about to kill a SB and I jumped in to save the SB, once I saw it was Gotmagi I felt guilty because I know he solos
Mon 15 Apr 2019 5:21 PM by Gotmagi
nemauen wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:41 PM
Are you on discord @Gotmagi?

Rarely use it but yea, I'm on there.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:00 AM by Sepplord
phixion wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:45 PM
Sepplord wrote:
phixion wrote:

I feel bad.

He was about to kill a SB and I jumped in to save the SB, once I saw it was Gotmagi I felt guilty because I know he solos

wouldn't the approach to not-adding-solos mean that you only jump/add people that you identify as adders, instead of the otherway around?
Don't get me wrong, i think adding is part of the game...it's just weird to hear that you add people unless you know them, while i thought you were against adding/adders
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:33 PM by phixion
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:00 AM
wouldn't the approach to not-adding-solos mean that you only jump/add people that you identify as adders, instead of the otherway around?
Don't get me wrong, i think adding is part of the game...it's just weird to hear that you add people unless you know them, while i thought you were against adding/adders

It was a clutch moment where i needed to save a buddy

And no, the majority of the server adds, at this point i tend to remember those who don't as apposed to those who do.

Who is your main?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:41 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:

And no, the majority of the server adds, at this point i tend to remember those who don't as apposed to those who do.

Who is your main?

So you add on anyone, too (unless you know them) which is exactly what you hate?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:45 PM by Sepplord
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Who is your main?

No need to really justify it...as i said, i also add and am added. Especially when helping someone. (though i also have a few "no-ad names on my list"
The grouping of 4-8 is much more annoying and imo not understandable...but to each their own. I guess you wouldn't know my main, i am quite low-RR and mostly play SB a few minutes every day 90% in DF. We chatted for a few minutes back when you were still RR5or6 or something and i needed SB-tips.
I am more a little fanboi instead of hating on you

(Additonally sent you PM)
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:25 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:41 PM
So you add on anyone, too (unless you know them) which is exactly what you hate?

I don't know anyone in this game, I take a mental note of names of people who haven't added on me before. There's very few people on this list and I rarely add new names, because quite frankly almost everyone on the server does it.

My time spent in RvR (currently 10L2) tells me that the majority of people add here without hesitation--even diverting an entire zerg or grp to the other side of the map to do so.

I don't tend to add without checking who I'm adding on, on this occasion I added to save a friend without checking the name of the guy, because he was on such low HP.

Hope that makes sense.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:47 AM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:25 PM
kiectred wrote:

I don't know anyone in this game, I take a mental note of names of people who haven't added on me before. There's very few people on this list and I rarely add new names, because quite frankly almost everyone on the server does it.

My time spent in RvR (currently 10L2) tells me that the majority of people add here without hesitation--even diverting an entire zerg or grp to the other side of the map to do so.

I don't tend to add without checking who I'm adding on, on this occasion I added to save a friend without checking the name of the guy, because he was on such low HP.

Hope that makes sense.

I guess so. So if it wasn't a friend, and you didn't know who the enemy was, you wouldn't add?

Quick follow-up if you don't mind: Lets say you kill someone between amg and apk. To you it was a solo kill, to me you killed my bait and this is going according to plan: to get you out of the way for my realmmates. I kill you before you restealth. In your mind, I've "added"? Because honestly, in my opinion, you're doing your job by taking out reinforcements from apk trying to get to their group or BG (considering that assassins don't really have much role in keep takes or zerging or 8mans). Anyone who tries to kill you is doing their job as well though, by clearing the way for those reinforcements. If what you think is a clean 1v1 is actually a trap, possibly set by more than 2 people even, you have no way of knowing and assume it's a filthy adder? I mean in most situations if you're found killing someone between apk and amg you really only have yourself to blame for an ill-chosen target, right? Not talking about situations when an entire zerg crosses a map (how would they do that to a stealther outside their clip range anyhow?) ... although considering your usual placement not far outside portal keeps, I'd argue a zerg or fg coming up over a hill by surprise and killing you is also justifiable considering that they will want stragglers to be able to reach them later.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:16 PM by Amp_Phetamine
kiectred wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:47 AM
phixion wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

I guess so. So if it wasn't a friend, and you didn't know who the enemy was, you wouldn't add?

Quick follow-up if you don't mind: Lets say you kill someone between amg and apk. To you it was a solo kill, to me you killed my bait and this is going according to plan: to get you out of the way for my realmmates. I kill you before you restealth. In your mind, I've "added"? Because honestly, in my opinion, you're doing your job by taking out reinforcements from apk trying to get to their group or BG (considering that assassins don't really have much role in keep takes or zerging or 8mans). Anyone who tries to kill you is doing their job as well though, by clearing the way for those reinforcements. If what you think is a clean 1v1 is actually a trap, possibly set by more than 2 people even, you have no way of knowing and assume it's a filthy adder? I mean in most situations if you're found killing someone between apk and amg you really only have yourself to blame for an ill-chosen target, right? Not talking about situations when an entire zerg crosses a map (how would they do that to a stealther outside their clip range anyhow?) ... although considering your usual placement not far outside portal keeps, I'd argue a zerg or fg coming up over a hill by surprise and killing you is also justifiable considering that they will want stragglers to be able to reach them later.

You're onto something here:

Looking to hire bait between apk and amg - 100g per successful kill, pst Ampradium
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:52 PM by kiectred
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:16 PM
kiectred wrote:
phixion wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

You're onto something here:

Looking to hire bait between apk and amg - 100g per successful kill, pst Ampradium

I mentioned that as a hypothetical but I've actually asked a couple people to do that.. lowbies who would still con yellow usually don't care. Or you can be your own bait. I won't divulge my secrets on that publicly, though I'm sure you can figure it out
Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:16 PM by phixion
When answering all of these hypothetical question I wonder who is actually asking... Is it someone who is extremely butthurt because I killed them a few times and they didn't like it, or are you really curious as to my thinking patterns?

As a soloer it is extremely frustrating walking in to stealth groups all day, then there's the standing around waiting for 1 person who's far enough away from the rest of the zerg to attack and stand a chance of getting away once killed. Then there's groups and zergs who clip in just as you jump someone and zerg over as if their life depends on it.

It ain't hard to see where I'm coming from, and if it is then you've never played solo before.

The herald says it all.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:12 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:16 PM
When answering all of these hypothetical question I wonder who is actually asking... Is it someone who is extremely butthurt because I killed them a few times and they didn't like it, or are you really curious as to my thinking patterns?

As a soloer it is extremely frustrating walking in to stealth groups all day, then there's the standing around waiting for 1 person who's far enough away from the rest of the zerg to attack and stand a chance of getting away once killed. Then there's groups and zergs who clip in just as you jump someone and zerg over as if their life depends on it.

It ain't hard to see where I'm coming from, and if it is then you've never played solo before.

The herald says it all.

Well damn, I guess I touched a nerve and got my answer. Bit ironic you question whether I'm butthurt then throw such not-so-subtle shade for a rather innocuous question. I already said this isn't really hypothetical. I also wasn't talking about any of the things you mentioned.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:04 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:12 PM
Well damn, I guess I touched a nerve and got my answer. Bit ironic you question whether I'm butthurt then throw such not-so-subtle shade for a rather innocuous question. I already said this isn't really hypothetical. I also wasn't talking about any of the things you mentioned.

Not at all, I just like to know who is asking such questions. It seems like a pretty specific question, so I wonder what the motive behind it is.

So is your question hypothetical or not?
Are you talking about a certain situation that happened?
Who are you in game?
Do you really want to know my answer or are you baiting me?

Excuse the sharp tongue, but there's too many people here hiding behind fake names. Would be nice to know at least who I'm talking to before replying to such a specific question.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:13 PM by Amp_Phetamine
phixion wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:04 PM
kiectred wrote:

Not at all, I just like to know who is asking such questions. It seems like a pretty specific question, so I wonder what the motive behind it is.

Who are you in game?

Excuse the sharp tongue, but there's too many people here hiding behind fake names. Would be nice to know at least who I'm talking to before replying to such a question.

That's very true, I've got about 95% of the posters here believing I'm the Mercenary Ampradium...

>=D
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:20 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Not at all, I just like to know who is asking such questions.

Who are you in game?

Excuse the sharp tongue, but there's too many people here hiding behind fake names. Would be nice to know at least who I'm talking to before replying to such a question.

I just assumed you looked me up based on your last little comment. Same name in-game as here. I've done a little soloing, but I'm a visi non-speed class and sometimes prefer to relax in an easier setting with a smallman or zerg (undesirable 8man class). We have run into each other exactly twice, with each of us getting a win, although yours was definitely more impressive because you escaped guys who tried to add (they were not, in this case at least, part of a bait trap). I think I was low RR4 at the time.

These are not hypotheticals but you can interpret them any way you want. Basically, what I'm asking (without hypothetical scenarios) is there must be a lot of instances where you consider someone to have added when the set-up on the other side of the realm was intentional. Is this something you're conscious of when playing or does the frustration win out and it all feels like adding? You literally don't need to read into this any deeper than the question(s) itself. It's not an accusation or anything beyond. I didn't expect such resistance to the idea of sharing your opinions.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:37 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:20 PM
I just assumed you looked me up based on your last little comment. Same name in-game as here. I've done a little soloing, but I'm a visi non-speed class and sometimes prefer to relax in an easier setting with a smallman or zerg (undesirable 8man class). We have run into each other exactly twice, with each of us getting a win, although yours was definitely more impressive because you escaped guys who tried to add (they were not, in this case at least, part of a bait trap). I think I was low RR4 at the time.

These are not hypotheticals but you can interpret them any way you want. Basically, what I'm asking (without hypothetical scenarios) is there must be a lot of instances where you consider someone to have added when the set-up on the other side of the realm was intentional. Is this something you're conscious of when playing or does the frustration win out and it all feels like adding? You literally don't need to read into this any deeper than the question(s) itself. It's not an accusation or anything beyond. I didn't expect such resistance to the idea of sharing your opinions.

If I see more than 1 person killing a guy I will step in to help, because in my opinion that is a trash way to play. You literally have 6+ man groups of Alb stealthers stuck to one another, which is also a trash way to play. I am not so irrational that I cannot differentiate the varying "trash level" between a duo and a 6+ man stealth zerg, but to me they are both shitty when soloers get beat down by them.

Beating someone and then getting added on happens all the time and is shitty. Especially on this server where opportunities to actually play your class (in combat) are so few and far between.

People often ask why all the assassins end up stood outside portal keeps, it's simple--there's no where else to go.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:10 PM by Rhox
I have yet to get why people don't follow this simple logic. Watch all 1vs1. If your realm mate dies proceed to murder that person after they are dead. Its kinda of a win win win. The person that wins the fight gets there deserved victory RPs, the person that was involved in the fight gets RP's, you get RP's.

Now ideally nobody you would let them reset and try to engage in a fair fight but I know that's not gonna happen on this server.

I solo my hunter to RR4 and I cant tell you how many times I have watched and see a victorious realm mate (I get no RP's) the turn around and get a 1vs1 with a inf only to get PA again or PA and shot.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:30 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:37 PM
kiectred wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:20 PM

If I see more than 1 person killing a guy I will step in to help, because in my opinion that is a trash way to play. You literally have 6+ man groups of Alb stealthers stuck to one another, which is also a trash way to play. I am not so irrational that I cannot differentiate the varying "trash level" between a duo and a 6+ man stealth zerg, but to me they are both shitty when soloers get beat down by them.

Beating someone and then getting added on happens all the time and is shitty. Especially on this server where opportunities to actually play your class (in combat) are so few and far between.

People often ask why all the assassins end up stood outside portal keeps, it's simple--there's no where else to go.

I guess that's the best answer I'll get.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:32 PM by dbeattie71
Sepplord wrote:
phixion wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:45 PM
Sepplord wrote:

It’s funny because after a SB one shots a green con it’s adding, if you jump them lol.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:35 PM by Sepplord
to be fair, it is even more frustrating if you wasted your stealth/opener on a green con...
i understand why everyone is yellow-con before dieing, but it does lead to situations where i kill someone and then think "oh gawd, it's just a lowie without chances again"
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:37 PM by dbeattie71
kiectred wrote:
phixion wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

That’s what I like to do too, hunt the gankers. Caught Phixon twice, first fight he vanished because he was taking a beating, 2nd he ran, I can’t really blame him, I would run too. 😀
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:39 PM by dbeattie71
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:13 PM
phixion wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Who are you in game?

That's very true, I've got about 95% of the posters here believing I'm the Mercenary Ampradium...

>=D

I think I ran into you once, I thought an inf! Then remember thinking, this inf has chain and parried me..... I’m dead, lol.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics