Gemcutting

Started 12 Apr 2019
by Uthred
in Crafting
The secondary skill Gemcutting now contains 36 recipes to craft ROG Jewelery, six per each slot. They start at the skill of 500 and end at 755. Each recipe needs some amount of Phoenix Ash, Pal Gems and a certain Remnant. You will get a so-called Blank that doesnt have any stats on it. This Blank can be traded and it will become a ROG as soon as a player uses it. It will then have stats that are matching for the class that used the Blank. For example: A druid crafts a ring blank and sells it to a hero. The hero uses it and the blank will become a ring. This ring will have stats that are useful for a hero.

How to get the ingredients:
Phoenix Ash can be bought off the <Bits & Pieces> merchant in your capital city. Pal Gems are available on every spellcrafting merchant. Remnants are new to the game. You will only get them when salvaging ROG Jewelery. You are now able to salvage ROG Jewelery, but only Level 50 and Level 51 ones. When salvaging you will always get a Remnant. The remnant level you get is random with higher levels having a lower chance.

[attachment=1]Remnant.JPG[/attachment]

Crafting a ROG Blank:
If you craft a Ring, you will get a Blank with a certain quality. This quality plus the general Level of the blank determines the available imbue points of the ROG. There are 6 different Level per blank: raw, uncut, rough, flawed, imperfect and polished. Raw is the same as a rog dropped by a level 50 mob, uncut is like Level 55 and so on. Please keep in mind that the quality is very important and a 100% raw Blank may have more available imbue points than a 96% rough Blank. The stat generation uses our rog system, therefore there is no way to influence the exact stats.

[attachment=0]Blank.JPG[/attachment]
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:06 PM by Lillebror
I hope this remnant stack.

Fantastic to finaly see something like this, and should have been into the orignal game.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:07 PM by Dockta
What skill do we need to salvage?
What skill so we need to make?
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:20 PM by Freedomcall
hmmmm so stats are totally random right? intersting anyway
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:22 PM by hellcon
I have so many questions & I can't wait to try it out!

Thank you team
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:40 PM by romulus
Does the quality of the remnant inform the quality of the blank? I.e. Do raw remnants always create raw blanks? Or this there some randomization in there?

Edit: I'll answer my own question! The randomness is in the salvaging of the ROG as to what kind of remnant you get. There is a specific recipe for each quality of item that produces a blank of the same quality: raw remnant -> raw blank, uncut remnant-> uncut blank, etc.

Looks awesome!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 2:15 PM by thurisaz
sounds like the available imbue points , another way of saying available/ final utility once the blank is traded and becomes the rog. ..unless said imbue points can be manipulated or influenced prior.

so say I wanted to craft nothing but polished blanks rather than raw , ensuring the highest utility / imbue points . sounds like there will be a lot of rog trial n error n resalvaging of less than desirable rogs, before settling on something of value , n ash used ...atleast lets hope that the remnant quality can produce something better with each salvage each time ...
Fri 12 Apr 2019 2:48 PM by hellcon
Things learned:

1> The salvaged jewelry has no sale value. Returns 1 item only
2> The item returned is of random quality level
3> The cost per item is relatively cheap:
raw:
3 ash
3 pal
uncut:
5 ash
5 pal
rough:
8 ash
8 pal
flawed:
13 ash
13 pal
imperfect:
21 ash
21 pal
polished:
34 ash (340 feathers - 68gold)
34 pal (133.20 gold)
[200 gold per item]

4> The blank do not sell to merchants
5> It is basically gambling; unsure what the breakpoints/calculations are to get a high utility item.

6> The resulting item can be sold or re-salavaged.
7> Re-salvaging gives you a random level of salvage; Meaning you only need 1 piece of jewelry of the slot you want & you can keep recrafting it it get a high level piece.

Results of re-crafting the same ring:
96% - 60, rough blank. Single Skill Utility
98% - 60, rough. 54.6
94% - 55, uncut. 38.3 Single Skill Utility
99% - 65, flawed. 71 utility!

aprox. 200gold spent for a 71 utility .
Time will tell if that was lucky or not.

edit:
bracer:
99 raw - 32 utility
94 raw - 35 utility
94 raw - 22 utility
99 uncut - 52
95 flawed - 40.5
96 uncut - 34
99 uncut - 37
99 uncut - 53 (single skill)
96 uncut - 40
98 rough - 32
98 rough - 54
64 rough - 40
99 uncut - 54
99 rough - 57 single skill
94 uncut - 30
97 rough - 51
400g so far - seems like i was lucky on the ring

150g later -
98 polished - 52 utility For the highest tier at 98 quality, seems a bit low on utility
100g later -
98 flawed - 58 utility
unknown gold later
94 polished - 34
unknown gold later
98 imperfect - 64 utility (estimating 1plat spent)
---------------------------
99 imperfect belt - 60 utility

Conclusion
My opinion based on this short test. Higher utility jewelry will be flooded in the housing market within a month.
Anything less than 60 utility is now complete junk.
Templating will be more accessible to players!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:27 PM by Ashenspire
Aren't they making these untradable after they've been identified?
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:46 PM by hellcon
Both the blanks and the final product are trade-able.

There is no in game indication the final product is crafted.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:35 PM by whizzard
However for playing around the cost of feathers is going to be the main killer.
If you need keep trying for a new item, that could potentially be a lot of feathers.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:28 PM by wbrianw
Polished ring turned into +40 con, thats all. 26 utility. Pointless/waste of resources. Feels like Korean MMO standards.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:02 PM by pollojack
Crafted a line of belts from polished to raw into sub 52 utility items.

The market explorer isn't flooded with garbage ROGs anymore at least.

Would prefer if this was simplified.

All ring ROGs salvage to same ring mat. Higher quality ROGs salvage to more mat.
Two tiers base 60 and base 70 utility. Base 70 requires more mats.
That way I only have to deal with two craft buttons per slot type and only have one mat instead of a mat per tier.

Digging through the menus is easily the worst part of SC, this is at least lighter than that.

If you feel 60 utility base is too high, make the mat requirement to make one belt equal to the amount of belts one can expect from 1 to 50. No one wants to craft sub 60 utility items. Casters are too easy to template to care and minst/NS/SB don't use sub 60 utility jewelry.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:08 PM by whizzard
So I am a bit confused,
Just made a raw blank cloak and an imperfect bracer blank.

Though I can imbue each, I cannot put them on and I cannot salvage it.
Where do I go from here ?
How to I re-salvage it like in a previous post, to get a higher quality item ?
I am thinking that if you need to keep re-savagign and crafting, as an example,
as imperfect item, using 21 ash (210 Feathers) the requirement and cost of each
item that is totally random is going to be quite costly.

Perhaps I am missing something.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:11 PM by mastaqwer
Decent sample house 3651 on Hib if you're curious. 30ut to 70ut for now.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:44 PM by Gormenghast
whizzard wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:08 PM
So I am a bit confused,
Just made a raw blank cloak and an imperfect bracer blank.

Though I can imbue each, I cannot put them on and I cannot salvage it.
Where do I go from here ?
How to I re-salvage it like in a previous post, to get a higher quality item ?
I am thinking that if you need to keep re-savagign and crafting, as an example,
as imperfect item, using 21 ash (210 Feathers) the requirement and cost of each
item that is totally random is going to be quite costly.

Perhaps I am missing something.

you have to use the item for it to change into another rog, put it on your bar, and press the button or click on it in your bags and /use
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:55 PM by florin
i lveld sc today with hopes that gemcutting will be less rog-y. now seems like a waste time and feathers.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:16 PM by hellcon
I am not sure I understand the complaints.

I think the system is too good as is. A single SIDI raid will net you enough feathers to get you 60+ util (probably 70+) in every slot.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:36 PM by Svekt
Personally, I think the range should be adjusted. To what values, well this is not up to me... but here is my personal experience.

I just purchased 3 polished blanks. They are level 75 blanks. I was expecting much more than I got honestly. I got a 30ish utility belt, a 40ish utility ring, and a 50ish utility bracer. All of which were useless to me.

Clarification - When I say they need the range adjusted I mean:
A lvl75 blank should drop something in a range of 50utilty min to 100+max, the next level down could go 40 utility min to 90max etc etc.
Or
Maybe all have a max of 100+ but it being rarer as the level of the blank gets lower.

Right now the market is asking on average for a plat or more for the highest level blanks. Being that they have a chance to drop a 30 utility item I want nothing of this until either prices come WAY down on blanks( up to the crafters ), or until the range is adjusted on the ROG output.

The effort is much appreciated here but there is tweaking needed in my opinion. The good news is the tweaking could be done immediately on asking prices by the crafters selling the blanks or maybe less speedily by a crafty coder that knows exactly which lines need added to make those adjustments.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:43 PM by hellcon
If you are buying from housing; my guess is the rule will be to not bother with anything below 99 quality.

94 polished is guaranteed garbage. 99 uncut will give you better than that.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:57 PM by Bema
You have to make sure the quality of the blank isn't garbage. Don't buy anything under 99% blanks!!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:10 PM by Luluko
sounds like a new way to kill time and resources for pvers only, I personally would rather sell my feathers and buy a decent rog from housing for 2-5p than having to play the rngesus if even the max blanks can have 30 utility even 96% should at least have 50 utility especially with all the crap which can roll for some classes.

Either introduce some items that you can improve the quality like there were on live for armor/weapons or to guarantee a mp or remove the phoenix ash as costs or reduce it to 10% of what it is now or else its just not worth it. Like trifecta was on live. Btw any chance to get quiver as a cosmetic item anytime soon?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 1:08 AM by Draenish
personally i believe its all random, i salvaged quite abit of RoG's ranging into high 70 utils<mainly necks ofc> and util was all varied, as for one of the later comments to anything below 99 polished is garbage, atleast if i remember reading right i may be wrong, i dont agree, after a losing streak i check on housing, and there was 1 polished blank, 96%, and from it i got a 84util bracer, apart from it beng the best util i got from all this, its also quite high util in itself^^
Sat 13 Apr 2019 1:36 AM by Bumblina
This would be a great system if the stats you got from equipping it were not random also. If the stats filled in stats you were missing on your template maybe.... but for it to just make other ROGs. Then its just another glorified waste of time.

Especially with the level 50/51 items salvaging to not level 51 salvaging.

The novelty has already worn off on the market........... unfortunately and its only day one.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:03 AM by Dindelion
I like the idea of this craft,
1/ Do you only need to be 755 in SC / Gemcutting to fully use this craft, or do you need to be LGM to get better "rolls" ?
2/ How much does it cost to level 1-755 in said craft ?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:07 AM by Halma
Dindelion wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:03 AM
I like the idea of this craft,
1/ Do you only need to be 755 in SC / Gemcutting to fully use this craft, or do you need to be LGM to get better "rolls" ?
2/ How much does it cost to level 1-755 in said craft ?

Don't know the threshold yet but I have about 755 in SC and still can't salvage lvl 50s.
You have to level spellcrafting, gemcutting will raise with it. 750 is not that expensive (maybe 5 plats).
I will edit my post when I can salvage.

/edit:
At 760 SC I was at 750 gem cutting. could salvage lvl 50 but not 51.

/edit2:
could now salvage lvl 51 with gem cutting 777 (didn't check every skill point, was just after craftqueue was done). So maybe 750 for lvl 51 and 775 for lvl 51.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:19 AM by mastaqwer
I got 2 99% polished out of all the salvage... it gave bad rogs.
Meanwhile imperfect, flawed and even rough gave me good ones.
I popped a few this morning.. got a nice one 77ut https://ibb.co/37wWKP3
Sat 13 Apr 2019 9:20 AM by Xaneb87
Do you have a higher chance to get polished remnants when ur skill in gemcutting is 1000+? Or is it always the same chance?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:25 AM by Arnfiarnunn
mastaqwer wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:19 AM

What do you mean by "it gave bad rogs" didn't you spellcrafted the bonus you wanted?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:29 AM by gruenesschaf
There will be an update either later today or tomorrow that will introduce recipes to combine 2 remnants into one remnant of the next higher tier.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:50 AM by mastaqwer
Arnfiarnunn wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:25 AM
mastaqwer wrote:

What do you mean by "it gave bad rogs" didn't you spellcrafted the bonus you wanted?
You can't choose stats. it's like a drop from a boss. The 2 polished i had (out of ~70 gems salvaged...) gave me 50ut gem -_-
Sat 13 Apr 2019 3:06 PM by MMOWarrior
One thing I always loved about daoc crafting was that any class/lvl could get to the top of crafting... this makes that extremely difficult if you're not a farming class already..

My only issue with this is that if you're not a class that can farm level 50+ rogs to begin with you are left out of the craft... so basicly the rich will get richer.. as an arms I have to farm blue/grn mobs that don't drop 50 lvl rogs to begin with.. so while I sit and kill single blues getting a fraction of the drops that classes like Cabbies and Necros get, they wipe entire camps of yl/org and get to make even more cash because they'll have the matts needed to craft..

Let us salvage all rog drops giving matts according to level and put them on the merchant like all the other crafts!
Sat 13 Apr 2019 4:57 PM by Jafeeio
MMOWarrior wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 3:06 PM
One thing I always loved about daoc crafting was that any class/lvl could get to the top of crafting... this makes that extremely difficult if you're not a farming class already..

My only issue with this is that if you're not a class that can farm level 50+ rogs to begin with you are left out of the craft... so basicly the rich will get richer.. as an arms I have to farm blue/grn mobs that don't drop 50 lvl rogs to begin with.. so while I sit and kill single blues getting a fraction of the drops that classes like Cabbies and Necros get, they wipe entire camps of yl/org and get to make even more cash because they'll have the matts needed to craft..

Let us salvage all rog drops giving matts according to level and put them on the merchant like all the other crafts!

As the system stand right now it is HIGHLY inconvenient to farm for rogs and keep them for gemcutting. You are getting 36 different materials that are cluttering up your inventory and that is only if your farmer is also the character with the high spellcrafting skill. If it is not, then you are either spending a bunch on account vault merchants or hauling them back to the city constantly.

In preparation for this patch I bought 3 entire house vaults of rog jewelry ranging from 10g-30g and the required ash, I did not farm for a single minute and I'm sure the same could have been done on Albion. Yes, I did invest a few plat, but I like to go big, with the re-salvaging there are some nice results to be had with a very small amount of rogs too.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 6:47 PM by jelzinga_EU
Don't get me wrong, I think it is very cool that a new profession was added.

However, my concern is that it feels it is just that JC has 3 layers of RNG to it:
It is random to what quality/tier a jewel salvages. Then, if you craft it, the QUA is random. Last but not least when you /use it, it is random what the stats are.

This might be just me, but to me it feels it is nothing but gambling and generating a sinkhole for feathers/gold. Not necessarily bad - but I feel it is too random to me.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:09 PM by Halma
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 6:47 PM
This might be just me, but to me it feels it is nothing but gambling and generating a sinkhole for feathers/gold. Not necessarily bad - but I feel it is too random to me.
I like it as a way to explicitly go for a slot you may need for a template. But it's probably better just to farm the money and buy the exact item you need from housing.
For my part I will play around with it a bit but the feather incredient kills it for me as I can roughly join 1 epic raid every 2 weeks.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:57 PM by gruenesschaf
jelzinga_EU wrote:

The primary purpose of these recipes is to be an optional gold / feather sink that has a chance to generate good items. Just to put the level 75 recipe into perspective: all bosses in the instance drop level 75 rogs, trash mobs in epic dungeons are usually around 70 - 75 and most bosses are 80 with only the final one being higher.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:49 PM by Luluko
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think it is very cool that a new profession was added.

However, my concern is that it feels it is just that JC has 3 layers of RNG to it:
It is random to what quality/tier a jewel salvages. Then, if you craft it, the QUA is random. Last but not least when you /use it, it is random what the stats are.

yeah I think the same, its cool in theory but it needs too much money and feathers to be useful and then you need a lot of luck and both are things I dont have
Sun 14 Apr 2019 12:59 AM by Smoover
so a guildy handed me 2 polished thingys . 1 was 71 and the 2nd was 89 utility . maybe just the smoover rng , but wanted to share my story ^^
Sun 14 Apr 2019 4:47 AM by pollojack
After three ROG farming trips I got two 70+ utility. I'd say that it is worth it. Three hours for enough plat to buy 20k feathers and a 70+ ROG.

I still feel it would be nice if all the stuff salvaged into the same slot mat. Several versions of the same slot is thoroughly annoying. If you want different tiers just have to cost different quantities of mats.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 5:45 PM by Smoover
so i just raised sc to be able to test this out myself . realy dont see why ppl say it sh it . i invested like 6h farms . few plats for the blanks . and i got items worth 100 of plats . summary : i crafted 15 polished thingys . 7 were crap - 8 were pretty good ( 2 of them ~80+ utility )
funny stuff even i dont need any extra gears .
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:17 PM by Sepplord
When i read how it works i immediatly thought: this is akin to diablo-gambling and the comments so far seem to confirm that (which is fine)

@smoover you are either trolling or those items won't be worth 100plat soon
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:35 PM by Arnfiarnunn
mastaqwer wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:50 AM
Arnfiarnunn wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:25 AM
mastaqwer wrote:

You can't choose stats. it's like a drop from a boss. The 2 polished i had (out of ~70 gems salvaged...) gave me 50ut gem -_-

There is something I might not understand... I've just spellcrafted a ring...

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/16/1/1555338882-ring.png
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:39 PM by Sharky04
Please make it salvage to less different items.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:27 PM by Monkies
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:17 PM
When i read how it works i immediatly thought: this is akin to diablo-gambling and the comments so far seem to confirm that (which is fine)

@smoover you are either trolling or those items won't be worth 100plat soon

My thoughts exactly about Diablo. And the fact that every mob you killed in Diablo could be “the drop” made the game highly addictive. This will be an effective gold and feather sink.

Monkies/Dogbyte
Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:54 PM by Smoover
plz add CRafted by xxx
and created by xxx
to the created items . this would be cool .only for prestige thought
Tue 16 Apr 2019 5:50 AM by Monkies
Just made a 97 quality imperfect ring blank and it came out 76ut. I sold another imperfect one on my merchant at 99 quality and spoke to the guy who bought it and he got a 78ut ring out of it. I priced it at 800g so he got a nice deal.
I see no pattern to this so far though w.r.t. quality and utility. I've had top tier 99 quals yield 50ish utility.

Monkies/Dogbyte
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:11 AM by Sepplord
Monkies wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 5:50 AM
Just made a 97 quality imperfect ring blank and it came out 76ut. I sold another imperfect one on my merchant at 99 quality and spoke to the guy who bought it and he got a 78ut ring out of it. I priced it at 800g so he got a nice deal.
I see no pattern to this so far though w.r.t. quality and utility. I've had top tier 99 quals yield 50ish utility.

Monkies/Dogbyte

i imagine it like this:
the better the quality the better the chances
the better the type the better the chances

but it stay a chance...it's like buying multiple lottery-tickets on a state fair. You are increasing your chances, but they are still pretty low.
On average the better blanks/quality will net higher UT, but looking at single incidents a 100% besttype could still give you a worse item than a low-quality of the lowest type
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:51 AM by gruenesschaf
These accessories use the ROG and hence are exactly like crafted items in terms of imbue points related to the quality and item level (mob level, or in this case craft level, determines the used item level), all imbue points will be used up, which is why you often have a couple +1 at the end on the item.
How those imbue points are used, aka what stats and how much of each stat an item has, is entirely random.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:12 PM by Vlas
way to random and way way to much funds to get anything I could just buy what i needed
randomness needs to be more constricted by qual and tier I did rough 99 got back a 93 utility on the other hand I have done 3 polished 99 and got 40 utility items .
These need better parameters put on each tier and quality combination
Tue 16 Apr 2019 4:27 PM by Kohi
Loved the idea as i wanted crafted jewellery since 2002. Tried it, even spent a plat buying cheap pieces in hz. Now, i have despite conversion like 10 slots of vault full (first problem : storage, but ok, still manageable). Then, having a few polished, i thought trying to create some useable pieces, but cost of ashes when i'm still collecting feathers for my toons, hmmmm... Yeah sure, 1 raid blablub, etc. Prob is, by my timezone with like today 228 people online, u can forget any TG raid, there are no TH runs since idk when anymore, DF was closed all day (always often these days, can u guys not stop raiding when nobody to defend, lol ?) so no shredder/HLs parties, and even the red/purple executioners were feather-nerfed for some reason (used to go there solo when no grp possible). As for the DS new instance, which i only know from name, i didn't see yet any grp in lfg, and comments tend to let me think that it's only another fg heavy thing, but well, i never tried till now... So, short said, love both ideas (jewelcraft/instance), pity that it's again grp/raid dependant. Costs are acceptable (ashes) prob is when u don't have any feather inc, it doesn't matter if it's 10 or 100. Feels like groundhog day these last weeks.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 5:32 PM by jelzinga_EU
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:51 AM
These accessories use the ROG and hence are exactly like crafted items in terms of imbue points related to the quality and item level (mob level, or in this case craft level, determines the used item level), all imbue points will be used up, which is why you often have a couple +1 at the end on the item.
How those imbue points are used, aka what stats and how much of each stat an item has, is entirely random.

It seems like a lot of work for a RNG-machine

With that said, perhaps make it a bit more user friendly by either

* Reducing the tiers (lower 6 tiers to 3; 36 mats is way too much)
* Add a craft or macro to upgrade all your "shit" in 1 go to a higher tier, provided there are enough mats available.

Because as it is, 36 different kind of remnants is really overdoing it, imo.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:43 AM by Shmoopie
Is there a reason I am seeing 94% quality blanks? I just got two. I thought 96% was the lowest.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:16 AM by Leandrys
Arnfiarnunn wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:35 PM

Yep, i saw that the first, you can spellcraft the blanks, it's pretty fun, not the most useful thing ever but for simple classes like casters, why no after all. ^^
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:57 PM by Arnfiarnunn
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:16 AM
Arnfiarnunn wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:35 PM

Yep, i saw that the first, you can spellcraft the blanks, it's pretty fun, not the most useful thing ever but for simple classes like casters, why no after all. ^^

Yep but you can't equip it.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:11 AM by Hejjin
Jewellery Crafting - Randomness
On Friday I converted 10 polished bracer remnants into polished blanks, ranging in quality from 95 to 99%. The resulting items ranged in utility from 45 to 75, what surprised me was that some of the higher quality polished blanks ended up as lower utility items, sadly I did not make full notes on each JC, and then just salvaged the low util bracers.

I then converted 7 polished ring remnants into polished rings and the results were :
2 x 94% quality - (56T / 51SS) & (66.333T /56.333SS) Utility.
2 x 96% quality - 53T & 37T utility (yes 37!!).
1 x 97% quality - 65.333T / 55.333SS utility.
1 x 98% quality - 60T utility.
1 x 99% quality - 57T utility.
TU = Total Utility, SS = Single Skill Utility

Should utility really be this random given that ALL the rings were of polished quality? Surely a higher quality blank should result in a higher utility item than lower quality blanks? JC seems too random at the moment, is it working as intended?
Fri 26 Apr 2019 1:52 PM by Gambler
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 am
Arnfiarnunn wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 2-ring.png

So this will be fixed or is there no intention that this would be possible in future ?
Mon 13 May 2019 12:29 AM by Inkwell84
How much Gemcutting to salvage all drops?
Mon 13 May 2019 9:33 AM by Druth
Gambler wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 1:52 PM
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 am
Arnfiarnunn wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 2-ring.png

So this will be fixed or is there no intention that this would be possible in future ?

Put the item in one of your qbars, click the icon, then you get a new item in your inventory. That item is the end result.
Tue 14 May 2019 10:11 AM by Halma
Inkwell84 wrote:
Mon 13 May 2019 12:29 AM
How much Gemcutting to salvage all drops?

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=54007#p54007
Sat 1 Jun 2019 7:14 AM by Ninaya
Hi there,
maybe someone can help
I just tried the gemcutting thing.
How can i resalvage and get the most out of it. As it seems I am only getting another remnand out of the item ?

But...the item I craftet is most of the time not better than the salvaged one, so it kind of goes the opposite direction .
I mean, I was happy that finally something could be made out of the gemcutting line, but is this working as intended?
Or is it really some kind of random throwing-the-money-out-of-domnan-event?
Sat 1 Jun 2019 12:58 PM by florin
Ninaya wrote:
Sat 1 Jun 2019 7:14 AM
Hi there,
maybe someone can help
I just tried the gemcutting thing.
How can i resalvage and get the most out of it. As it seems I am only getting another remnand out of the item ?

But...the item I craftet is most of the time not better than the salvaged one, so it kind of goes the opposite direction .
I mean, I was happy that finally something could be made out of the gemcutting line, but is this working as intended?
Or is it really some kind of random throwing-the-money-out-of-domnan-event?

I have about a hundred remnants of various type just sitting for the day that this isn’t just a casino game.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:50 PM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:29 AM
There will be an update either later today or tomorrow that will introduce recipes to combine 2 remnants into one remnant of the next higher tier.

Did this happen?
I saw no comments about it.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:53 PM by florin
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:50 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:29 AM

Did this happen?
I saw no comments about it.

yes - but its tedious. I did combine a bunch of remnants and sold them off for 10p @200g per polished. Necklace remnants are worthless however due to the fact that getting a rog better than the SI quest is slim.
Sat 10 Aug 2019 1:05 PM by Tarticus74
Yer it's busted I have farmed for 4 to 5 hours for drops and also purchased probably a plats worth of lvl 50 and 51 items.

Broke all these down and made polished remnants and then crafted these some were 96% and upwards to 99%

After buying the Ash I have loads of feathers so no issues there and the gems I had 2 x 70 utility items 2 x 60 utility items and 1 x 93 utility

This I would say I out of approx 40 maybe 50 remnants

So yer it's busted completely random you make a 99% and think wow and get a 55 utility drop lol
Sun 11 Aug 2019 1:11 AM by Leandrys
Btw, what are the chances to get a qual 100% ?

I've crafted like 250 items and never had one, was just wondering about the chances ?
Mon 12 Aug 2019 6:12 PM by Sleepwell
I have no data to support this, but i blindly assumed it was like all other crafting. A 2% chance per make. I've always hating saying that though, since its 2% per make, not cumulative. A lot of people think that means that if you make 100 then 2 out of those hundred is guaranteed to be an mp. Thats not the case. It is absolutely like the lottery. If you have a 2% chance to make a mp with this make, then if you make 2, you do not magically have a 4% chance to make one and so on.

I, like you have crafted @ 250 total blanks (between gems,rings, bracers and belt). Out of 250 i have made one MP item that my savage wears. The complete randomness is irritating at best though. The mp bracer i made that my savage wears is 92 utility. I have made a 98 quality ring blank that crafted into 92 utility and ive made several 99 blanks that crafted into 80+ utility items
Wed 14 Aug 2019 11:32 PM by Tarticus74
It clearly needs tweeking as I know the game is based on rng but this is far too much rng I mean crafting and combining to get a polished blank and I only use polished now.

And get a 55 utility item lol
Sun 18 Aug 2019 5:57 PM by Chaskha
There should be some "guarantee" like
- polished 96% roll between 48 and 56 utility
- polished 97% roll between 56 and 64 utility
- polished 98% roll between 64 and 72 utility
- polished 99% roll between 72 and 80 utility
- polished 100% roll between 80 and 96 utility

That would give a formula with a tier_base (eg: T5 polished=32, T4 flawed=16, T3 rough=8, T2 uncut=4, T1 raw=2) with a quality based roll (var96=16 to 24, var97=24 to 32, var98=32 to 40, var99=40 to 48, var100=48 to 64).

Formula = 2^tier + 8x(Quality-94) + random(8x(Quality-95)).

That would suppose the RNG function is able to take an expected utility (I'm sure those crazy devs can do it)
Mon 19 Aug 2019 8:25 AM by Ninaya
After weeks of testing and trying I have to say that gemcrafting should stay the way it is.

You will get very good items from Masterpieces,,,the polished ones reach 100+ (...sometimes )
99% is often great too, and most of the items under 99% are crap but you may get lucky and hit 70-80 util depending on the remnant you worked with

Of course it is not cheap and it takes passion but if you do masses you will get very good jewelry for the market soon

If you just want to equip one char you will get frustrated
Thu 5 Dec 2019 12:11 AM by Killaloth
I buy some low utility jewelry at the market to try my luck sometimes. 2 questions:

1) does jewelry quality matter? So salvafing a 94% qual belt VS salvaging a 100% qual belt makes any difference?

2) what about salvaging a lvl 50 item VS salvaging a lvl 51 item? Any difference?

Thanks!
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:43 AM by Ninaya
Killaloth wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 12:11 AM
I buy some low utility jewelry at the market to try my luck sometimes. 2 questions:

1) does jewelry quality matter? So salvafing a 94% qual belt VS salvaging a 100% qual belt makes any difference?

2) what about salvaging a lvl 50 item VS salvaging a lvl 51 item? Any difference?

Thanks!

I dont see any difference in both of your points, its just random what you get.

For me making masses works the best to get good stuff out of it
Wed 22 Jan 2020 11:23 AM by Lawdawg
anyone experienced about the same luck crafting raw, uncut, rough, etc, instead of polished? If it's all a crap shoot with no rhyme or reason, may as well save some Ash and make the lower tier stuff.
Wed 22 Jan 2020 2:08 PM by Jafeeio
Lawdawg wrote:
Wed 22 Jan 2020 11:23 AM
anyone experienced about the same luck crafting raw, uncut, rough, etc, instead of polished? If it's all a crap shoot with no rhyme or reason, may as well save some Ash and make the lower tier stuff.

What's the highest utility you've gotten with the lower stuff?

Right now I'm only gambling the imperfect and polished versions, upgrading the lower ones. I'd guess I'm getting 50% trash and 50% usable, with a decent amount of 65+ util, some 70+ and one very rare 85 util item.

In my opinion it's probably fine to gamble a ton of the lower tiers if you're just looking for a large number of jewelry that fits into caster templates, but I reserve the highest ones for stealthers because those really cant use any 50-60 util stuff in their templates.
Wed 11 Mar 2020 4:12 PM by Astaa
After making about 30 polished blanks today I have had 2 85 and 2 75 utility nightshade items and about 10 65ish utility items. The rest were 50ish junk. The trouble I have found is that they all tend to have +env and + stealth on them, meaning I have capped both skills with 4 items (and galla chest)

I did the same when I made my near-perfect champ template.

Made a BM now and off to farm more rogs with the animist to try and get some good BM rogs that suit a NS, hopefully they don't all end up with parry or shield on them :p Looking for straight up stats and resists.

As an aside, as someone that loves templating and crafting all gear for toons I think gemcutting is absolutely fine as it is.
Mon 6 Apr 2020 9:46 AM by Centenario
For jewelry anything below 55 utility is salvage.
I would expect:
For 96-98 quality
raw to give 45-55 utility.
Uncut to give 50-60 utility
Rough to give 55-65 utility
Flawed to give 60 -70 utility
Imperfect to give 65-75 utility
Polished to give 70-80 utility

For 99 quality you move up one tier:
raw to give 50-60
uncut = 55-65
rough = 60-70
Flawed = 65-75
Imperfect = 70-80
Polished = 75-85

For 100 quality again one tier up
polished 100% gives 80-90 utility

If lets say a 85-90 utility cost around 10pp and a 80-85 around 7pp, then a Polished 100% should be priced at 7pp at least.
All depends on what bonus, cause caster bonuses are worth much less than melee and stealther high utility bonus are in high supply, the best utility items will be melee non-stealther with high single skill utility. The following is a pricing for utility jewely (not armor/weapon):
55-60 utility = 100-200g
60-65 utility = 200-350g
65-70 utility = 500-1pp
70-75 utility = 1pp-3pp
75-80 utility = 3pp-5pp
80-85 utility = 5pp-8pp
85-90 utility = 8pp-10pp
90+ utility = 10pp+
Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:08 PM by Astaa
I have had 2 MP blanks today, both 75ish.

Made about 50-60 polished blanks in total today and yesterday and got about 5 usable items, slung them on my CM at a plat each,

I'm actually starting to wonder if there is some sort of hidden mechanic in play here, when I was piss poor and trying to make a NS and champ temp I was getting all sorts of 75+ rogs, now I am rich I am getting nothing of use whatsoever, despite sinking 10s of plat into it.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 7:17 AM by Centenario
Astaa wrote:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:08 PM
I'm actually starting to wonder if there is some sort of hidden mechanic in play here, when I was piss poor and trying to make a NS and champ temp I was getting all sorts of 75+ rogs, now I am rich I am getting nothing of use whatsoever, despite sinking 10s of plat into it.

If you open them on classes with more skill lines (stealthers/hybrids) then you will have a lot more chances of high utility ROGs, but the market is flooded with high ROG items for these classes.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 3:16 AM by Spiegal
Are you guys still able to use the previous method, I dont get reminants when I salvage the RoG.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 4:28 AM by gotwqqd
Spiegal wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 3:16 AM
Are you guys still able to use the previous method, I dont get reminants when I salvage the RoG.

You get dust and use dust to make blanks
Tue 30 Jun 2020 8:30 PM by Spiegal
thanks
Wed 26 Aug 2020 9:31 PM by ex2j
Anyone know the amount of ashes needed to push resi to 2-5% and stats from 1 - 10?
Tue 19 Jan 2021 8:32 AM by Drakkars
can anyone explain how gemcutting works currently to a freshly returned player? i tried salvaging rogs and got dust but no blanks. do i just need dust and pal gems? also how do you upgrade rogs? as thats a thing i heard you can do.
Thank you
Tue 9 Feb 2021 7:32 AM by borodino1812
Drakkars wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 8:32 AM
can anyone explain how gemcutting works currently to a freshly returned player? i tried salvaging rogs and got dust but no blanks. do i just need dust and pal gems? also how do you upgrade rogs? as thats a thing i heard you can do.
Thank you

Is there any documentation on the above. I'd like to know as well.
Tue 9 Feb 2021 8:16 AM by gotwqqd
Every stage is 50% more than previous
So get number for 1 to 2 in stats and resists and figure out rest
Error is if fraction is rounded up or down, I can’t remember
Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:11 AM by Irkeno
ex2j wrote: Anyone know the amount of ashes needed to push resi to 2-5% and stats from 1 - 10?

This: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/1QBt-n8IoBB_z-gh7F-Q27mf3fxDrsRFLS4lfTdgcXpg/edit#gid=0

https://forum.playphoenix.online/realm/crafting/27688-dust-ash-calculator-for-gem-craftingstat-boosting
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics