Re: Friar Changes Round 2

teiloh wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:05 am
Niget wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 pm
teiloh wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:17 am

Bards have group greater. Friars got single greater.

When will Friars get PBT, Damage Add and Speed?
About the same time wardens get a 2h weapon, self spec buffs, an offensive heal proc, an abs buff, and now greater heals lmao
OK, so you're saying Friars needed offensive heal proc and greater heal to put them on par with Wardens before.

That's why the changes were made.
Not what I said at all.
I'm saying these changes are unnecessary and albs just need to learn how to group a friar because they are just as group able as a warden.

Niget wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Not what I said at all.
I'm saying these changes are unnecessary and albs just need to learn how to group a friar because they are just as group able as a warden.
They're not. For a Buff/Heal spec, Warden PBT and Damage Shield > so-sodamage

Enhance line should receive a group-wide offensive proc when they hit with the staff. Maybe it gives a celerity buff to your other melees for a few seconds while you are successfully on your target. If you get peeled, then no offensive utility. Unique way to keep them in a support role but still offensive melee oriented.

I think, it is a good idea, Albion is a most difficult Realm in RvR Group Building. Even playing Midgard I would very welcome such changes.
But I am not sure, it will be enough. Perhaps giving the spec group heal will be a better idea to implement frair in a group set up of Albion.

Other side, Friar and Pala both got a huge love change from the very beginning already, Hibernia has with animists a very big advantage in rvr.

What about some love for Midgard - I would like to see a buff for the most useless class in MidRvR - the Thane. I mean it is nice class, very funny, but no one takes him in a serious group in RvR. Just rise (significant) his weapon Ability to make this wundervoll class interesting for RvR Groups.
And additional grow please the Skald on Damage Table, quite all other supporter got buff there, only such melee Realm, as Midgard got Bersis nerved. It is not correct.

@Macprior

A lil buff to thanes may help as all selfbuffers/hybrids are not performing that well atm, but saying that Thanes are actually doing the best. Better than friars/wardens/VWs/champs/reavs/paladin... for example.

And call for a buff to skalds is bananas as they are currently the no. 1 class on the server.

MacPrior wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:58 am
I think, it is a good idea, Albion is a most difficult Realm in RvR Group Building. Even playing Midgard I would very welcome such changes.
But I am not sure, it will be enough. Perhaps giving the spec group heal will be a better idea to implement frair in a group set up of Albion.

Other side, Friar and Pala both got a huge love change from the very beginning already, Hibernia has with animists a very big advantage in rvr.

What about some love for Midgard - I would like to see a buff for the most useless class in MidRvR - the Thane. I mean it is nice class, very funny, but no one takes him in a serious group in RvR. Just rise (significant) his weapon Ability to make this wundervoll class interesting for RvR Groups.
And additional grow please the Skald on Damage Table, quite all other supporter got buff there, only such melee Realm, as Midgard got Bersis nerved. It is not correct.
you have lost your mind.

teiloh wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Niget wrote:

Not what I said at all.
Pbt is pretty much the only this the warden has on the friar.

You can't call the friar "so-so damage"
I have been hit by plenty of friars (even at low rank) swinging that 2h staff at stupid fast speeds and hitting for 350-450 a swing.
That's not so so damage. with rank they can easily take a dps slot.

My whole point it this class needs a direction. You can't buff every aspect of a class and expect balance in the end!

Niget wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:10 pm
teiloh wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Niget wrote:

Not what I said at all.
Pbt is pretty much the only this the warden has on the friar.

You can't call the friar "so-so damage"
I have been hit by plenty of friars (even at low rank) swinging that 2h staff at stupid fast speeds and hitting for 350-450 a swing.
That's not so so damage. with rank they can easily take a dps slot.

My whole point it this class needs a direction. You can't buff every aspect of a class and expect balance in the end!
A Friar hitting that hard isn't going to be healing for much.

I only play hibs, since launch of Phoenix (Hero and leveling an NS now to try castershade).

So far I havent seen Albs being overpowered at all. At worst I've seen annoying minstrel shit, but they're a strong class, so, whatever.

Honestly this change seems fine, i like the idea that albs will have an easier time building varied groups, and especially anything that will make alb tank or hybrid groups more viable/desirable.

If friar buffs mentioned in OP make alb tank/split groups more likely, then I'm even more in favour of it.

At worst, it doesnt work and the devs tweak it further.

If anything, these devs have shown they care about balance and fun.