Re: Increase the resist rate on CC vs greys in rvr

The Grays are extremely annoying. They are out there to leach and die..and they still get rps. I get absolutely nothing for killing them, but they do help enemy kill me and they reap rewards for it. It is a gain/gain for them and a total loss for anyone else. They die = win. They leach = win. I kill them = nothing. They add and help me lose by keeping me interrupted = lose.

I run by a trio of grays leveling, I leave them alone for two reasons. I get nothing out of killing them and I don't want to grief levelers. Then a yellow enemy runs by...I engage. The three that I left alone turn and add. Keep me interrupted and cc'd whie the yellow kills me. Just an example of why its so fucking annoying

AngelRose wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:45 pm
The Grays are extremely annoying. They are out there to leach and die..and they still get rps. I get absolutely nothing for killing them, but they do help enemy kill me and they reap rewards for it. It is a gain/gain for them and a total loss for anyone else. They die = win. They leach = win. I kill them = nothing. They add and help me lose by keeping me interrupted = lose.

I run by a trio of grays leveling, I leave them alone for two reasons. I get nothing out of killing them and I don't want to grief levelers. Then a yellow enemy runs by...I engage. The three that I left alone turn and add. Keep me interrupted and cc'd whie the yellow kills me. Just an example of why its so fucking annoying
I kill greys in strategic positions because I know how dangerous they can be when shit goes down.
Zyfrig

The funny thing with those low level players "flooding" the battlefield, is when the high level players start to cry because those low levels players are bothering them, but when those low level players were xp'ing quietly in FZ and were chain killed by high level characters, no one was crying about that on forums.

I still think it's kinda dumb to see a level 35 being RR 5L5 through this way tho

***Kill the grey, and ignore other people’s opinions about you. This is tactics and strategy. Know when and what to kill
Example:
DON'T stop to kill the solo enemy player that is running next to your group when there is a zerg with speed coming up on your 6. Why would u break your speed to kill 1 player and be in a mezz clump? Death is surely inevitable right?
So why would you leave anything that can potentially interrupt you unchecked. That’s like telling me you’re not going to clear the pets on your healer because those aren't worth RPs either.
DO kill the grey, especially if you have panned and know the coast is clear. ESPECIALLY if the grey is in an area you know has frequent action. This was even mentioned in an earlier response! If you have issues killing it, then at the very least CC it out of the fight.
BS aside: All three realms have greys coming out to fight, so no 1 realm is at any distinct advantage here. If you can't beat it ... join them! Maybe soon someone will get creative and do an event for low players... Would it not be cool to see 100 level 20's rushing each other in emain?

How to get the greys out of RvR?
The only way to fix this is to stop giving away RPs for free or by putting a minimum level on it.
When I say free, it’s a joke that all you have to do is die in an RvR zone to get rps. (Participation Trophies, we know how those turned out)
Plain and simple : No free rps = less zerg and absolutely zero incentive for the greys to come out to the major RvR zones other than for some bonus xp for fighting in the frontiers. Once people have to start winning fights or actually killing people for RPs you will see a lot less leeches in the RvR zones in general.

If you limit it like you did flag porting, i.e. minimum level 40, this would almost certainly eliminate the greys from coming to RvR zones and force them to obtain MCL or tireless+LW1 from the battlegrounds without completely damaging the % of the population that is RvRing.

Now that you've given us stuff for free, you have to be careful in any attempt to take it back away without any negative effects to the RvR zones.

Svekt wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:49 pm

The only way to fix this is to stop giving away RPs for free or by putting a minimum level on it.
When I say free, it’s a joke that all you have to do is die in an RvR zone to get rps. (Participation Trophies, we know how those turned out)
Well I don't think greys should be left out of the RPS gain from tasks or be resisted more... I was in a hib leveling group all day today ftom lvl 19 to 37 so far and we would get attacked ALOT and we killed a lot of those high levels trying to gank us while leveling. We were all 2L0 by the time we hit level 30 because the action was so great...

We were not, however, running in and dying we were taking the risk vs reward of exping in the RvR zone and profiting from being able to kill much higher levels we were all on point and paying attention and the rewards felt nice for our efforts.

Bradekes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 am
Svekt wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:49 pm

Well I don't think greys should be left out of the RPS gain from tasks or be resisted more... I was in a hib leveling group all day today ftom lvl 19 to 37 so far and we would get attacked ALOT and we killed a lot of those high levels trying to gank us while leveling. We were all 2L0 by the time we hit level 30 because the action was so great...

We were not, however, running in and dying we were taking the risk vs reward of exping in the RvR zone and profiting from being able to kill much higher levels we were all on point and paying attention and the rewards felt nice for our efforts.
the point of me writing this post wasn't to suggest greys shouldnt be able to participate and/or gain anything from doing so. my point was that their CC influence specifically is excessive to what it SHOULD be given the level difference, in my opinion. having said that, i wouldnt care either way if they worth 50 to 100rps. cause as someone else previously wrote, for them its all gain and for everyone else its wasted time or bad.

Mauriac wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:11 am
the point of me writing this post wasn't to suggest greys shouldnt be able to participate and/or gain anything from doing so. my point was that their CC influence specifically is excessive to what it SHOULD be given the level difference, in my opinion. having said that, i wouldnt care either way if they worth 50 to 100rps. cause as someone else previously wrote, for them its all gain and for everyone else its wasted time or bad.
Yeah, that part wasn't directed towards your post just that persons post... I do not agree with your opinion though... Because level 50's can just decide to be complete A-holes at times and the RvR zones are also exp zones... Without risk there is no way to deter such actives and the lowbies won't be able to fight back... Things really go both ways. You can't see everyone else's contributions, even lowbies, in rvr as just an annoyance to you...

Karma for all the grey ganking over the years =)

Personally I think dev's should give greys a bonus just so they can mess with the higher lvls in retaliation for all the crap they have put up with over the years.

Remember!!!

"Red is Dead" and my personal favorite "Frontiers are dangerous, get out if you don't like it!!!"

Well high levels remember, frontiers are dangerous so get out if it's to rough for ya LOL
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

Quik wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm
Karma for all the grey ganking over the years =)

Personally I think dev's should give greys a bonus just so they can mess with the higher lvls in retaliation for all the crap they have put up with over the years.

Remember!!!

"Red is Dead" and my personal favorite "Frontiers are dangerous, get out if you don't like it!!!"

Well high levels remember, frontiers are dangerous so get out if it's to rough for ya LOL
This ! ^^

Fun by side, i can't believe there is still such posts about greys in tasks etc.
I started few days ago a 2nd healer, and with a buddy, we went out to grab mcl because lvling without is difficult.
By chance, we ended up retaking Fensa with other "big" mids, as i noticed there was action up there and went looking.
As "grey" we're just rps leechers, right ? Good for nothing, all benefits, no risk, blablub...
Wrong. We sat in a ram crushing the doors (no need to be 50 for that), i rezzed 2 guys, healed several others, bash with on the lord and the guards, which i also CCed (so far for the "doesn't work on mobs, so shouldn't on 50s"). While bashing the lord, a grp of albs rushed in, and guess what ? i also ae stunned them.
This all to say, that all greys do not run out and sit waiting to be zerged/PAed. Sure, u don't bring a lot, but u can help nevertheless, and guess what ? It's fun ! I play relax when i'm out there as a grey because i'm generally solo or duo with another grey and don't give a s**t about what happen.
Complains about annoying grey leechers are ridiculous, this has to stop. We are one-hitted vs 50 generally, or at least in a really bad shape. If we get the first rupt or CC, what then ? Would be the same with a 50, so stop whining. I think like Quick on this : nobody could complain about the permanent grey ganking, because rvr zone, red is dead, blablub. But now, suddenly, the greys should stay away from fight zones ? wtf ?
Goa (shaman) - Ergo (bd) - Wistful (bersi) - Haazel (sm) - Fullmetal (war) - Wun (svg) - Nausicaa (sb) - Yui (healer) - Shogun (skald) - Kotoko (sm)

I think some people (like the two post above) didn't really understood the issue with grey.

There is a diff between a grey trying (shame on you grey ganker) to xp killing mobs in FZ and a grey coming to the task rvr, rupting people to leech some rps or task credit.
The thing is, these two greys worth the same rps (a.k.a 0) but their implications and their roles, and by extension the outcome, differs A LOT.

I don't mind getting rupt by a grey as long I can gain something from killing him (few rps).
As someone stated in a previous post, a grey trying to leech rps in task area it's win/win, whereas a 50 getting rupt by a grey it's loose/loose (you're rupt and it's worth 0rps) .

few options :
- reduce the rps/xp gains from task for them (i don't like that one)
- increase resist rates (sounds a nice option)
- they need to worth rps (50/50 on this one, it would promote grey trying to xp to get ganked)
- lvl 35 mini for them to participate in task zone (sounds like a nice option)
- Increase reward and participation in Battleground, same kind of task but only for BG (best option IMO) and for level 35 and under

a combination of the two last options sounds very good to me.