Increase the resist rate on CC vs greys in rvr

Started 22 Mar 2019
by Mauriac
in Suggestions
since greys have every incentive to come to rvr and join in with no potential penalty of any kinda (and not even being worth RPs) i think it's time that the resist rate in rvr vs greys be increased substantially. They would never land CC against a lvl 50 mob and while i'm not saying adjust it to THAT level of resist it should be increased substantially in my opinion. as it stands if youre a grey you might not be able to do any damage but you can CC everyone easily and its kind of just dumb.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:14 PM by Lewk
Dumb suggestion, they get 1-2 shot. Greys have fun in RvR just the same as anyone else and already have insane penalties on their rates, damage, etc. Just say you don't like greys coming to RvR and having fun.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:22 PM by Mauriac
Lewk wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:14 PM
Dumb suggestion, they get 1-2 shot. Greys have fun in RvR just the same as anyone else and already have insane penalties on their rates, damage, etc. Just say you don't like greys coming to RvR and having fun.

id say get 50, their CC impact is disproportional to their damage and level. they can CC you for full duration but hit you for 3 damage. this makes sense how?
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:23 PM by jg777
Lewk wrote:

I do not like greys coming out in the Frontier en mass to leech/obtain realm points they otherwise would never obtain in the Frontier. I would prefer they obtain their realm points in a more appropriate manner by way of the Battlegrounds. Seeing a level 9 Warrior that’s RR 1L9 for example is quite a joke to me personally.

I openly admit this.

P.s. in a related note, make Battlegrounds worthwhile again!
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:31 PM by Mauriac
jg777 wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:23 PM
Lewk wrote:

I do not like greys coming out in the Frontier en mass to leech/obtain realm points they otherwise would never obtain in the Frontier. I would prefer they obtain their realm points in a more appropriate manner by way of the Battlegrounds. Seeing a level 9 Warrior that’s RR 1L9 for example is quite a joke to me personally.

I openly admit this.

MABGA? Make BGs great again!?
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:46 PM by jg777
Mauriac wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:31 PM
jg777 wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:23 PM
Lewk wrote:

I openly admit this.

MABGA? Make BGs great again!?

Sure, although it’s quite over used so I like to mix the phrase up a bit 😂
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:58 PM by Marden
Hear me out on this comparison.

I played the heck out of Battlefield 3 back in the day. I ranked up, putting in the time, improving my character. I was committed to the process....and without fail, multiple times each match, some dude who just bought the game would kill me with his starter pistol or whatever. I didn't care. I respawned and went back to it.

Why do we treat this scenario differently in an MMO, when the low level dude contributes. Respawn and go back at it . Nobody cares if your character dies, right?

Besides: if that CC ends up getting you killed, chances are it was going to happen anyway since that grey needs to get lucky with some high level support coming along.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:10 PM by Mauriac
Marden wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:58 PM

I played the heck out of Battlefield 3 back in the day. I ranked up, putting in the time, improving my character. I was committed to the process....and without fail, multiple times each match, some dude who just bought the game would kill me with his starter pistol or whatever. I didn't care. I respawned and went back to it.

Why do we treat this scenario differently in an MMO, when the low level dude contributes. Respawn and go back at it . Nobody cares if your character dies, right?

Besides: if that CC ends up getting you killed, chances are it was going to happen anyway since that grey needs to get lucky with some high level support coming along.

then what is the point of leveling and getting temped? why not just be i50 with maxed everything to start? The RRs would be the equivalent of your "ranked up gear" in battlefield?

Ahhh thats right, almost no one here wants to play THAT game.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:25 PM by Marden
Mauriac wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:10 PM
Marden wrote:

then what is the point of leveling and getting temped? why not just be i50 with maxed everything to start? The RRs would be the equivalent of your "ranked up gear" in battlefield?

Because when that grey CC is resisted (which is most of the time) you blow him away by looking in his general direction. You have the enormous advantage leveled and temped.

Sorry, but the more I read your arguments, the more I see "I died in RvR." Respawn, go back at it. Nobody cares.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:47 PM by Luluko
Marden wrote:

if a grey gets you killed and you spend money on pot buffs and charges it will cost you money and time
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:53 PM by Marden
Luluko wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:47 PM
Marden wrote:

if a grey gets you killed and you spend money on pot buffs and charges it will cost you money and time

...and? That happens when you die regardless. It's pretend money and time spent on our butts in a video game.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:54 PM by Mauriac
Marden wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:25 PM
Mauriac wrote:
Marden wrote:

Because when that grey CC is resisted (which is most of the time) you blow him away by looking in his general direction. You have the enormous advantage leveled and temped.

Sorry, but the more I read your arguments, the more I see "I died in RvR." Respawn, go back at it. Nobody cares.

you said that grey CC gets resisted most of the time. That's literally the ENTIRE point of this thread is because it ISN'T resisted most of the time. In fact it's almost NEVER resisted.

Go back and try again. Or actually go rvr.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:58 PM by Marden
Mauriac wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:54 PM
Marden wrote:
Mauriac wrote:

you said that grey CC gets resisted most of the time. That's literally the ENTIRE point of this thread is because it ISN'T resisted most of the time. In fact it's almost NEVER resisted.

Conveniently ignoring the part about how you completely dominate him in terms of offensive ability and survivability lol. Purge it and waste him.

Again, you died in RvR. Who cares. Respawn. Go back at it. You can do it!
Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:18 AM by Mauriac
Marden wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:58 PM
Mauriac wrote:
Marden wrote:

Conveniently ignoring the part about how you completely dominate him in terms of offensive ability and survivability lol. Purge it and waste him.

ahhh i get it. you're incapable of comprehending the point. if it was a 1v1 i wouldnt even purge id just kill him. im not talking about 1v1 because i dont waste time with 1v1ing greys. im talking about when they add. i probably should have spelled that out for you more clearly since we've established comprehending the scenario is difficult for you.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:39 AM by Luluko
Marden wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:53 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:47 PM
Marden wrote:

...and? That happens when you die regardless. It's pretend money and time spent on our butts in a video game.
the chances are that you can escape from a fg with cap speed but if a grey with some instant takes your speed away you are just dead there is a reason why there are that many speed classes and stealthers nobody wants to donate to higher numbers if it can be avoided, losing money time because of grey just makes it even more enraging.
Marden wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:53 PM
"Why do we treat this scenario differently in an MMO, when the low level dude contributes. Respawn and go back at it . Nobody cares if your character dies, right?
that was my answer to that you dont lose money for buffs in those kind of games
Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:33 AM by Marden
Mauriac wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:18 AM
Marden wrote:
Mauriac wrote:

ahhh i get it. you're incapable of comprehending the point. if it was a 1v1 i wouldnt even purge id just kill him. im not talking about 1v1 because i dont waste time with 1v1ing greys. im talking about when they add. i probably should have spelled that out for you more clearly since we've established comprehending the scenario is difficult for you.

No, I get it just fine. You're upset your character died in rvr because another player landed a CC spell on you, negating your "hard-earned" template and levels (apparently). And you just can't get over the fact that it doesn't matter. You're just mad this guy happens to be weaker than you.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 10:23 AM by Luluko
Marden wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:33 AM
Mauriac wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:18 AM
Marden wrote:

No, I get it just fine. You're upset your character died in rvr because another player landed a CC spell on you, negating your "hard-earned" template and levels (apparently). And you just can't get over the fact that it doesn't matter. You're just mad this guy happens to be weaker than you.
daoc is still a rpg and gearing/xping should matter a little if someone who put 50+ hours into his toon vs someone who played for 3hours can mezz someone far out of his league and make him useless for 20secs+ I would say its a design flaw in an RPG.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 3:33 PM by djegu
make grey worth rps
Sat 23 Mar 2019 3:48 PM by Frigzy
Greys rupt. They shouldn't, but they do. This makes them a threat to casters. They end up dying for it usually, but they can turn the fight for sure.

The fact that they get a shitload of xp and rp while having nothing to lose may be something that needs to be addressed. I agree that BGs should see some love.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:39 PM by Horus
The simple fix is EVERY character should be worth RPs as a percent of their total realm rank above a certain threshold.

Let's say RR 1L2 or some other level TBD...any toon, gray or otherwise below that is worth no RPs

Any RR above that is worth RPs based on their realm rank level.

Challenge: Telling grays below the threshold from those above...not sure about this but there should be a way...maybe make them green?

The it is up to the player. If you want to play with the big boys, there is risk. If you want to level in relative peace, you still can. Up to you.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:45 PM by AngelRose
The Grays are extremely annoying. They are out there to leach and die..and they still get rps. I get absolutely nothing for killing them, but they do help enemy kill me and they reap rewards for it. It is a gain/gain for them and a total loss for anyone else. They die = win. They leach = win. I kill them = nothing. They add and help me lose by keeping me interrupted = lose.

I run by a trio of grays leveling, I leave them alone for two reasons. I get nothing out of killing them and I don't want to grief levelers. Then a yellow enemy runs by...I engage. The three that I left alone turn and add. Keep me interrupted and cc'd whie the yellow kills me. Just an example of why its so fucking annoying
Sat 23 Mar 2019 8:35 PM by Frigzy
AngelRose wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:45 PM
The Grays are extremely annoying. They are out there to leach and die..and they still get rps. I get absolutely nothing for killing them, but they do help enemy kill me and they reap rewards for it. It is a gain/gain for them and a total loss for anyone else. They die = win. They leach = win. I kill them = nothing. They add and help me lose by keeping me interrupted = lose.

I run by a trio of grays leveling, I leave them alone for two reasons. I get nothing out of killing them and I don't want to grief levelers. Then a yellow enemy runs by...I engage. The three that I left alone turn and add. Keep me interrupted and cc'd whie the yellow kills me. Just an example of why its so fucking annoying

I kill greys in strategic positions because I know how dangerous they can be when shit goes down.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 10:39 PM by Sym
The funny thing with those low level players "flooding" the battlefield, is when the high level players start to cry because those low levels players are bothering them, but when those low level players were xp'ing quietly in FZ and were chain killed by high level characters, no one was crying about that on forums.

I still think it's kinda dumb to see a level 35 being RR 5L5 through this way tho
Sat 23 Mar 2019 10:49 PM by Svekt
***Kill the grey, and ignore other people’s opinions about you. This is tactics and strategy. Know when and what to kill
Example:
DON'T stop to kill the solo enemy player that is running next to your group when there is a zerg with speed coming up on your 6. Why would u break your speed to kill 1 player and be in a mezz clump? Death is surely inevitable right?
So why would you leave anything that can potentially interrupt you unchecked. That’s like telling me you’re not going to clear the pets on your healer because those aren't worth RPs either.
DO kill the grey, especially if you have panned and know the coast is clear. ESPECIALLY if the grey is in an area you know has frequent action. This was even mentioned in an earlier response! If you have issues killing it, then at the very least CC it out of the fight.
BS aside: All three realms have greys coming out to fight, so no 1 realm is at any distinct advantage here. If you can't beat it ... join them! Maybe soon someone will get creative and do an event for low players... Would it not be cool to see 100 level 20's rushing each other in emain?

How to get the greys out of RvR?
The only way to fix this is to stop giving away RPs for free or by putting a minimum level on it.
When I say free, it’s a joke that all you have to do is die in an RvR zone to get rps. (Participation Trophies, we know how those turned out)
Plain and simple : No free rps = less zerg and absolutely zero incentive for the greys to come out to the major RvR zones other than for some bonus xp for fighting in the frontiers. Once people have to start winning fights or actually killing people for RPs you will see a lot less leeches in the RvR zones in general.

If you limit it like you did flag porting, i.e. minimum level 40, this would almost certainly eliminate the greys from coming to RvR zones and force them to obtain MCL or tireless+LW1 from the battlegrounds without completely damaging the % of the population that is RvRing.

Now that you've given us stuff for free, you have to be careful in any attempt to take it back away without any negative effects to the RvR zones.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 12:11 AM by Bradekes
Svekt wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 10:49 PM
The only way to fix this is to stop giving away RPs for free or by putting a minimum level on it.
When I say free, it’s a joke that all you have to do is die in an RvR zone to get rps. (Participation Trophies, we know how those turned out)

Well I don't think greys should be left out of the RPS gain from tasks or be resisted more... I was in a hib leveling group all day today ftom lvl 19 to 37 so far and we would get attacked ALOT and we killed a lot of those high levels trying to gank us while leveling. We were all 2L0 by the time we hit level 30 because the action was so great...

We were not, however, running in and dying we were taking the risk vs reward of exping in the RvR zone and profiting from being able to kill much higher levels we were all on point and paying attention and the rewards felt nice for our efforts.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 1:11 AM by Mauriac
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 12:11 AM
Svekt wrote:

Well I don't think greys should be left out of the RPS gain from tasks or be resisted more... I was in a hib leveling group all day today ftom lvl 19 to 37 so far and we would get attacked ALOT and we killed a lot of those high levels trying to gank us while leveling. We were all 2L0 by the time we hit level 30 because the action was so great...

We were not, however, running in and dying we were taking the risk vs reward of exping in the RvR zone and profiting from being able to kill much higher levels we were all on point and paying attention and the rewards felt nice for our efforts.

the point of me writing this post wasn't to suggest greys shouldnt be able to participate and/or gain anything from doing so. my point was that their CC influence specifically is excessive to what it SHOULD be given the level difference, in my opinion. having said that, i wouldnt care either way if they worth 50 to 100rps. cause as someone else previously wrote, for them its all gain and for everyone else its wasted time or bad.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 1:19 AM by Bradekes
Mauriac wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 1:11 AM
the point of me writing this post wasn't to suggest greys shouldnt be able to participate and/or gain anything from doing so. my point was that their CC influence specifically is excessive to what it SHOULD be given the level difference, in my opinion. having said that, i wouldnt care either way if they worth 50 to 100rps. cause as someone else previously wrote, for them its all gain and for everyone else its wasted time or bad.

Yeah, that part wasn't directed towards your post just that persons post... I do not agree with your opinion though... Because level 50's can just decide to be complete A-holes at times and the RvR zones are also exp zones... Without risk there is no way to deter such actives and the lowbies won't be able to fight back... Things really go both ways. You can't see everyone else's contributions, even lowbies, in rvr as just an annoyance to you...
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:06 PM by Quik
Karma for all the grey ganking over the years =)

Personally I think dev's should give greys a bonus just so they can mess with the higher lvls in retaliation for all the crap they have put up with over the years.

Remember!!!

"Red is Dead" and my personal favorite "Frontiers are dangerous, get out if you don't like it!!!"

Well high levels remember, frontiers are dangerous so get out if it's to rough for ya LOL
Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:08 PM by Kohi
Quik wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:06 PM
Karma for all the grey ganking over the years =)

Personally I think dev's should give greys a bonus just so they can mess with the higher lvls in retaliation for all the crap they have put up with over the years.

Remember!!!

"Red is Dead" and my personal favorite "Frontiers are dangerous, get out if you don't like it!!!"

Well high levels remember, frontiers are dangerous so get out if it's to rough for ya LOL

This ! ^^

Fun by side, i can't believe there is still such posts about greys in tasks etc.
I started few days ago a 2nd healer, and with a buddy, we went out to grab mcl because lvling without is difficult.
By chance, we ended up retaking Fensa with other "big" mids, as i noticed there was action up there and went looking.
As "grey" we're just rps leechers, right ? Good for nothing, all benefits, no risk, blablub...
Wrong. We sat in a ram crushing the doors (no need to be 50 for that), i rezzed 2 guys, healed several others, bash with on the lord and the guards, which i also CCed (so far for the "doesn't work on mobs, so shouldn't on 50s". While bashing the lord, a grp of albs rushed in, and guess what ? i also ae stunned them.
This all to say, that all greys do not run out and sit waiting to be zerged/PAed. Sure, u don't bring a lot, but u can help nevertheless, and guess what ? It's fun ! I play relax when i'm out there as a grey because i'm generally solo or duo with another grey and don't give a s**t about what happen.
Complains about annoying grey leechers are ridiculous, this has to stop. We are one-hitted vs 50 generally, or at least in a really bad shape. If we get the first rupt or CC, what then ? Would be the same with a 50, so stop whining. I think like Quick on this : nobody could complain about the permanent grey ganking, because rvr zone, red is dead, blablub. But now, suddenly, the greys should stay away from fight zones ? wtf ?
Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:58 PM by djegu
I think some people (like the two post above) didn't really understood the issue with grey.

There is a diff between a grey trying (shame on you grey ganker) to xp killing mobs in FZ and a grey coming to the task rvr, rupting people to leech some rps or task credit.
The thing is, these two greys worth the same rps (a.k.a 0) but their implications and their roles, and by extension the outcome, differs A LOT.

I don't mind getting rupt by a grey as long I can gain something from killing him (few rps).
As someone stated in a previous post, a grey trying to leech rps in task area it's win/win, whereas a 50 getting rupt by a grey it's loose/loose (you're rupt and it's worth 0rps) .

few options :
- reduce the rps/xp gains from task for them (i don't like that one)
- increase resist rates (sounds a nice option)
- they need to worth rps (50/50 on this one, it would promote grey trying to xp to get ganked)
- lvl 35 mini for them to participate in task zone (sounds like a nice option)
- Increase reward and participation in Battleground, same kind of task but only for BG (best option IMO) and for level 35 and under

a combination of the two last options sounds very good to me.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:45 PM by Mauriac
djegu wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:58 PM
I think some people (like the two post above) didn't really understood the issue with grey.

There is a diff between a grey trying (shame on you grey ganker) to xp killing mobs in FZ and a grey coming to the task rvr, rupting people to leech some rps or task credit.
The thing is, these two greys worth the same rps (a.k.a 0) but their implications and their roles, and by extension the outcome, differs A LOT.

I don't mind getting rupt by a grey as long I can gain something from killing him (few rps).
As someone stated in a previous post, a grey trying to leech rps in task area it's win/win, whereas a 50 getting rupt by a grey it's loose/loose (you're rupt and it's worth 0rps) .

few options :
- they need to worth rps (50/50 on this one, it would promote grey trying to xp to get ganked)
- Increase reward and participation in Battleground, same kind of task but only for BG (best option IMO) and for level 35 and under

best solution ive seen so far imo. better than mine i think
Mon 25 Mar 2019 12:33 AM by Kohi
djegu wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:58 PM

few options :

We do understand, Djegu. It's just that we don't agree about the proposed solutions as they are, and are kinda bored from the repeated complain posts.
Now, for my part, i am reading all your comments and trying to think about this issue from the point of view of 50s.

RP decrease :
A reduction of rps for greys while participating to tasks makes no sense to me as it goes against the principe itself of those tasks. Don't forget to considere that they're only earning rps from the 'tic' each 15 minutes generally (i receive nothing for CCs, and rps from hits/rezz is insignificant), which is not alarming in terms of rp gain.
Resist increase :
I could rupt 50s as grey (happened many times while DF stairs fights when ennemy realm came to farm entrance) on Uthgard as on live, so i don't agree.
RP worth :
As Djegu, I think that making greys worth rps is a too dangerous alternative, considering the number of smallmen/sneaks farming exp items/lvl spots in the FZs (which drastically decreased with the implementation of tasks btw).
Minimal lvl to get credit for tasks :
I don't agree with lvl 35 minimum for tasks as it goes against the task principe itself, which is meant for people to catch up, and alternatively, to grab essentials (mcl).
BG tweak :
Making BGs more attractive in terms of rps could also be another way to decrease the amount of greys in task zones, but should be tweaked consequently then.

One possibility could be to 'cap' the total of rps (not the amount received) by setting a cap by level, similar to BG system, like i.e. rr3 (or even rr2, i don't mind as it's enough to grab essentials) for chars under 35. Makes sense ?
Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:14 AM by djegu
Kohi wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 12:33 AM

I will answer in color under your comments

RP decrease :
A reduction of rps for greys while participating to tasks makes no sense to me as it goes against the principe itself of those tasks. Don't forget to considere that they're only earning rps from the 'tic' each 15 minutes generally (i receive nothing for CCs, and rps from hits/rezz is insignificant), which is not alarming in terms of rp gain.
It's an option but yeah i don't like that one either
Resist increase :
I could rupt 50s as grey (happened many times while DF stairs fights when ennemy realm came to farm entrance) on Uthgard as on live, so i don't agree.
and it's not uthgard nor live, it's a custom server with custom change so referring to the actual state of live or worse, uthgard, doesn't make your comment relevant
RP worth :
As Djegu, I think that making greys worth rps is a too dangerous alternative, considering the number of smallmen/sneaks farming exp items/lvl spots in the FZs (which drastically decreased with the implementation of tasks btw).
Yeah as i stated above I'm 50/50 on that one because it would increase grey ganking for sure
I don't agree with lvl 35 minimum for tasks as it goes against the task principe itself, which is meant for people to catch up, and alternatively, to grab essentials (mcl).
The task it's to help low RR 50 to catch not grey. So for example under level 35, only if you turn in item you earn a credit (rps and xps), ofc turning items by killing mob
BG tweak :
Making BGs more attractive in terms of rps could also be another way to decrease the amount of greys in task zones, but should be tweaked consequently then.
more attractive in term of rps AND xp, example : make the task wide, including BG so someone going to Thid will have task bonus each 15mn, if he took CK or defend CK add bonus, if he killed x amount of people add xp and rps bonus and so on. Also increase the rr cap of those BG.

My point is, I don't want to restrain acces to FZ to grey, i want to see some mid grey when i go to jamtland or uppland, i want to see alb grey when i go to snow or FS and i want to protect grey hibies when i roam breif or CG. I don't want to meet grey people when i'm at a miles gates, make no sense to me.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 6:42 AM by Kohi
djegu wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:14 AM
Kohi wrote:

[...]
Resist increase :
and it's not uthgard nor live, it's a custom server with custom change so referring to the actual state of live or worse, uthgard, doesn't make your comment relevant
>> As u said, it's a custom server with custom changes, so why should yours be more relevant ? ;-)
The task it's to help low RR 50 to catch not grey. So for example under level 35, only if you turn in item you earn a credit (rps and xps), ofc turning items by killing mob
>> Says who ? I don't remember the Staff saying that only 50s are allowed to participate ? Afaik, snow branches soil brings exp to lvlers and is part of the defending task, no ? /shrug
BG tweak :
more attractive in term of rps AND xp, example : make the task wide, including BG so someone going to Thid will have task bonus each 15mn, if he took CK or defend CK add bonus, if he killed x amount of people add xp and rps bonus and so on. Also increase the rr cap of those BG.
>> That are good ideas, yes. But increase up to ? Needs to stay in a certain range (rr).

My point is, I don't want to restrain acces to FZ to grey, i want to see some mid grey when i go to jamtland or uppland, i want to see alb grey when i go to snow or FS and i want to protect grey hibies when i roam breif or CG. I don't want to meet grey people when i'm at a miles gates, make no sense to me.
>> With this again, i can't agree. If greys wanna run till the ennemy keeps, their business. Why do i say that ? Because i see happening what's already new trend around here : the so-called 'elite' mezzing greys only instead of killing them, because not willing to allow them getting the crumbles rps. Sorry, i mean, except for the 2 new toons, i don't have lvlers anymore, but i try thinking global for newcomers and lvlers, and cannot agree with some sort of segregation towards lowies, they also have a right to get a piece of the cake imho.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 8:50 AM by jg777
Kohi wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 6:42 AM
djegu wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:14 AM
Kohi wrote:

[...]
Resist increase :
>> As u said, it's a custom server with custom changes, so why should yours be more relevant ? ;-)
>> Says who ? I don't remember the Staff saying that only 50s are allowed to participate ? Afaik, snow branches soil brings exp to lvlers and is part of the defending task, no ? /shrug
BG tweak :
>> That are good ideas, yes. But increase up to ? Needs to stay in a certain range (rr).

>> With this again, i can't agree. If greys wanna run till the ennemy keeps, their business. Why do i say that ? Because i see happening what's already new trend around here : the so-called 'elite' mezzing greys only instead of killing them, because not willing to allow them getting the crumbles rps. Sorry, i mean, except for the 2 new toons, i don't have lvlers anymore, but i try thinking global for newcomers and lvlers, and cannot agree with some sort of segregation towards lowies, they also have a right to get a piece of the cake imho.

They’d have plenty of time to do that above level 35, or in the Battlegrounds before then. They wouldn’t be denied access to a “piece of the cake”. I don’t even like the way tasks are set now that essentially give easy rewards for doing relatively nothing, but Phoenix staff has been tweaking it so I’m hopeful it’ll get fixed properly down the road. The system will always allow players to reach a comfortable Realm rank level to compete with veterans on the server, and they don’t necessarily need to be reaching realm rank 2 by level 10 (I grouped with a level 9 Warrior last week who was RR 1L9) - that’s just ridiculous in my opinion, and completely unnecessary.

Greys need to be worth Realm points in the Frontiers or need to be removed from the easy task rewards in the Frontiers, that’s only fair in my view. Or, as better suggested, implement the task systems in the Battlegrounds where you will have mini Frontier zones lower level players can more appropriately participate in, with everyone having more fun. The situation presently is ridiculous in my view and some change is warranted.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:21 AM by Kohi
jg777 wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 8:50 AM
They’d have plenty of time to do that above level 35, or in the Battlegrounds before then. They wouldn’t be denied access to a “piece of the cake”. I don’t even like the way tasks are set now that essentially give easy rewards for doing relatively nothing, but Phoenix staff has been tweaking it so I’m hopeful it’ll get fixed properly down the road. The system will always allow players to reach a comfortable Realm rank level to compete with veterans on the server, and they don’t necessarily need to be reaching realm rank 2 by level 10 (I grouped with a level 9 Warrior last week who was RR 1L9) - that’s just ridiculous in my opinion, and completely unnecessary.

Greys need to be worth Realm points in the Frontiers or need to be removed from the easy task rewards in the Frontiers, that’s only fair in my view. Or, as better suggested, implement the task systems in the Battlegrounds where you will have mini Frontier zones lower level players can more appropriately participate in, with everyone having more fun. The situation presently is ridiculous in my view and some change is warranted.

I wasn't/i'm not a big fan of tasks neither, but things are what they are =( /shrug
Now, i don't agree with the first part of your paragraph about 'above 35', as from 2xish, getting mcl comes really handy (especially with pug groups full of afks, noobs -real ones, newcomers to daoc- and enthousiastic kamikazes) for leveling. This being said, i agree with you that a lvl 9 war with nearly rr2 is in deed very weird... Didn't see all those extreme cases u're all bringing out somehow. For me, except if it's a group decision, i only go out (tasks) while low lvl for my seers and casters, to grab lw, serenity and mcl and have this behind me (means i'm then skipping tasks with these toons once they are around 1l6). Generally, i wait till i get around end 20s-beginning 30s when it becomes kinda harder to regenerate power because rog armor with lack of manapool bonus. Why this guy had such a rr with lvl 9, no idea. Taking greys out of the equation is not fair in my pov, can't agree with you on that. Tweaking the BGs is still a solution which could satisfy everybody if correctly set.
I'm still 100% against grey worth of rps, it was already enough greyganking orgy before tasks implementation, no need to aggravate this.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 4:13 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 12:11 AM
Svekt wrote:

I can only begin to imagine the rage the level 50 was experiencing getting outplayed by a group of level 20's lmfao
Mon 25 Mar 2019 4:39 PM by Bradekes
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 4:13 PM
I can only begin to imagine the rage the level 50 was experiencing getting outplayed by a group of level 20's lmfao

Having 2 enchanters and multiple support with animist is easy to kite.. I was leveling support with full heals healing my team from 5% health to 100% so I can imagine the frustration of being kited and having your level40-50 dmg negated by a grey lol... Was really fun too bad that group broke up and wasn't able to get the same caliber group going after.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 7:22 PM by Quik
I was told once in game that killing a grey still adds to the bonus pool so in effect when the task is complete you still end up getting a few RP's for the grey you killed...is this correct? I really don't know but if so, I keep seeing people say that even if greys were worth just a couple RP's they wouldn't mind. Well, if this is true and they are now worth a few RP's then we don't need to worry about this now right? or those people who said grey's worth ANY RP's were justr blowing smoke?

The only thing I dislike about greys is the fact I lose my hastener and while it irritates me, I just run to the next hastener and keep moving.

Also, people here act like the greys running out are affecting the outcome of a massive realm war. Serious? Every once in a great while they could possibly affect the outcome of a groupvsgroup or a solo or something, OMG the horror!!!!

It happens so rarely I really think people just don't like the fact greys have easy acces to early RP's.

Damn just let the poor levelers get some RP's and have fun. I remember growing up and letting my little brother play basketball with us even though he really only helped the other side being so small, but every once in awhile he would throw up a random shot and make a basket. Yeah he made a difference every once in very long time but it was more about trying to let everyone have fun, not just those who were the best at basketball. Being elite at a game doesn't mean you can't sometimes let others have fun also. You're going to win 99% of the time, is that 1% really a big deal?
Mon 25 Mar 2019 8:06 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Quik wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 7:22 PM
I was told once in game that killing a grey still adds to the bonus pool so in effect when the task is complete you still end up getting a few RP's for the grey you killed...is this correct? I really don't know but if so, I keep seeing people say that even if greys were worth just a couple RP's they wouldn't mind. Well, if this is true and they are now worth a few RP's then we don't need to worry about this now right? or those people who said grey's worth ANY RP's were justr blowing smoke?

The only thing I dislike about greys is the fact I lose my hastener and while it irritates me, I just run to the next hastener and keep moving.

Also, people here act like the greys running out are affecting the outcome of a massive realm war. Serious? Every once in a great while they could possibly affect the outcome of a groupvsgroup or a solo or something, OMG the horror!!!!

It happens so rarely I really think people just don't like the fact greys have easy acces to early RP's.

Damn just let the poor levelers get some RP's and have fun. I remember growing up and letting my little brother play basketball with us even though he really only helped the other side being so small, but every once in awhile he would throw up a random shot and make a basket. Yeah he made a difference every once in very long time but it was more about trying to let everyone have fun, not just those who were the best at basketball. Being elite at a game doesn't mean you can't sometimes let others have fun also. You're going to win 99% of the time, is that 1% really a big deal?

Agree with your sentiment.

Also, killing a grey will suffice as prerequisite to earning the 15min task ding as well (ask me how I know >=D).

As far as adding into the pool, I'm not aware of that.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:08 PM by Quik
I don't know, someone in game told me and it does make sense, just not sure if true.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:10 PM by Quik
What I find amusing is the fact that people like to kill greys while they level and they think they are causing them problems, when in reality every time I was in a group leveling the whole group cheered every time they got ganked because we knew we just got free RP's LOL

Sp please, feel free killing greys all you want. if I come back I will enjoy the free RP's again =)
Tue 26 Mar 2019 3:56 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Quik wrote:
Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:10 PM
What I find amusing is the fact that people like to kill greys while they level and they think they are causing them problems, when in reality every time I was in a group leveling the whole group cheered every time they got ganked because we knew we just got free RP's LOL

Sp please, feel free killing greys all you want. if I come back I will enjoy the free RP's again =)

That's the reason I do it. Help them level to 50 faster. Freaking Philanthropist over here.
Tue 26 Mar 2019 4:14 PM by Roto23
Last night in a 6 man (not in band camp) we ran from a solo grey who had realm speed and he chased us. It was pretty humors how we were fleeing from him in an attempt to deny him his right to participate and get rps. Fear the grey!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics