Reaver flex line

Started 21 Mar 2019
by HtGeist
in Suggestions
Really missing some positional snare or the insta snare like skalds from live...atm i can at a huge dps loss 2nd in chain from side snare...
Without the charge from live speed and cc immunity,the lack of slow on reaver hurts,basicly slam and levi is our trick,if they purge they free to go..
speaking from a casual play by the rules kinda guy,it puts a damper on things...i see people able to skate around in combat at sprint+hastener liek speeds while getting hit,by i havent got that mod..i also slow down when hit by a snare.

would it be possible to take taipan and mash the 4 part chain to 3 and make it a rear snare or something? 4 part chain is kinda lame just make cobra follow up on copper head and make taipan a snare rear something? or put the insta in...i'd prefer a melee snare tho with the det9 meta.
Thu 21 Mar 2019 6:59 PM by Kampfar
Just add a snare to levi so he is happy. Problem solved...
Thu 21 Mar 2019 8:00 PM by Sathariel
Not having an easy to land snare is one of the draw-backs of being a Reaver. Giving a first-style snare is too much.

I could see the instant-DoT being replaced with the instant-snare though, as it happened on live later. Or make both available.
Thu 21 Mar 2019 9:11 PM by Mauriac
Reaver are in a pretty good place overall though. They have a lot of tools.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 12:41 AM by Luluko
Sathariel wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 8:00 PM
Not having an easy to land snare is one of the draw-backs of being a Reaver. Giving a first-style snare is too much.

I could see the instant-DoT being replaced with the instant-snare though, as it happened on live later. Or make both available.

sure but then remove the dd styles from reaver or make levi 2 a part combo, champ and skald dont have those and reaver still has his pbae spells and insta rupts

but a class with snare/slam and the burst of levi is just too much at least you can avoid a reaver on its own because he cant catch you that easily, instant snare would just make it impossible to run from one if you dont have purge up and having classes which you can only defeat 1vs1 if you got purge up is just bad design

a melee back snare would be ok at least you can move out of that if you purged slam

Also while we are at it pls make sword/axe specc for skald viable the stuns are all after block there and useless but they are the only weapon lines with reliable ats debuffs.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:47 AM by jhaerik
HtGeist wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 3:54 PM
Really missing some positional snare or the insta snare like skalds from live...atm i can at a huge dps loss 2nd in chain from side snare...
Without the charge from live speed and cc immunity,the lack of slow on reaver hurts,basicly slam and levi is our trick,if they purge they free to go..
speaking from a casual play by the rules kinda guy,it puts a damper on things...i see people able to skate around in combat at sprint+hastener liek speeds while getting hit,by i havent got that mod..i also slow down when hit by a snare.

would it be possible to take taipan and mash the 4 part chain to 3 and make it a rear snare or something? 4 part chain is kinda lame just make cobra follow up on copper head and make taipan a snare rear something? or put the insta in...i'd prefer a melee snare tho with the det9 meta.

I'm 100% for it.

Let's do it in the same patch my Savage gets side and rear snares in H2H.

Let's do this.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 3:59 PM by HtGeist
jhaerik wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:47 AM
HtGeist wrote:

I'm 100% for it.

Let's do this.

Im game..reaver and savage the only 2 with special weapon line void of snare utility..vw gots a instant snare spell and disease procs. but again its hibs they always get more.
Fri 22 Mar 2019 4:02 PM by Amp_Phetamine
HtGeist wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 3:59 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:47 AM
HtGeist wrote:

I'm 100% for it.

Let's do this.

Im game..reaver and savage the only 2 with special weapon line void of snare utility..vw gots a instant snare spell and disease procs. but again its hibs they always get more.

Agree'd 100%. Reavers and Savages are absolutely useless since they don't have access to positional snare styles in their unique weapon lines. Also, F*** Hibernia because apparently they get more, all the time.

Man, I never realized class balance/alteration was this easy!
Fri 22 Mar 2019 5:09 PM by Foofmonger
Can I also get a snare style on my VW then if we just want to go willy nilly here with the balancing?
Fri 22 Mar 2019 5:38 PM by Raec
Parry and block style chains are useless just levi backup side + followup and run throu target.

If u realy need single hit snare u could spec 21 slash
Sat 23 Mar 2019 1:20 AM by Milchschnidde
At least as savage or reaver you have the opportunity to spec another weapon line to get a snare.

Fun fact the VW can only snare once every 20s, while most other melee chars can spam snare styles.
The VW needs to selfbuff, the VW has no shild spec line, the VW has no advanced evade.
The VW can only deal serious dmg through hitting side chain combo, the VW has the worst anytimer in game.

cool thing the VW has a baseline lifetap, but he has a serious mana trouble....
.... a fresh resurected VW is as weak as any other spellcaster, no mana no defense.
A VW has no real choice in terms of spells or melee skill lines.

At least he is fun to play but no real group synergys or any other contribution other then dmg -The VW dmg in general isnt bad, but thats all, as for disease proc
you either kill your target or you die before the proc trigges disease its a chance of 15% or 20% depending on how much scythe - arbo ratio is, so 5 strikes are needet to disease someone.
-The VW misses a lot he has a poor weapon skill.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 10:27 AM by jhaerik
Milchschnidde wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 1:20 AM
At least as savage or reaver you have the opportunity to spec another weapon line to get a snare.

Fun fact the VW can only snare once every 20s, while most other melee chars can spam snare styles.
The VW needs to selfbuff, the VW has no shild spec line, the VW has no advanced evade.
The VW can only deal serious dmg through hitting side chain combo, the VW has the worst anytimer in game.

cool thing the VW has a baseline lifetap, but he has a serious mana trouble....
.... a fresh resurected VW is as weak as any other spellcaster, no mana no defense.
A VW has no real choice in terms of spells or melee skill lines.

At least he is fun to play but no real group synergys or any other contribution other then dmg -The VW dmg in general isnt bad, but thats all, as for disease proc
you either kill your target or you die before the proc trigges disease its a chance of 15% or 20% depending on how much scythe - arbo ratio is, so 5 strikes are needet to disease someone.
-The VW misses a lot he has a poor weapon skill.

VW also has Ichor..... and Reaver gets TFW. :/

Not saying Savage is weak... just damn do I ever wish I'd rolled Zerker. Lack of snare is just god awful... and frankly if you aren't going H2H with savage... you REALLY just should have rolled Zerker. One disease on you as a Sav and you are 100% useless until it's cured... which prob isn't going to happen cause you are 2 seconds off debuff assist nuke death. Ever looked at Sav RA's? There really isn't much worth taking other than Det9/Purge3/MoPain. After that maybe some IP/AoM/Empty Mind/MoParry. People keep swearing Savages are hybrids... well to that I say.... gimme those cool hybrid RA's.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics