How do you create a multiple ability macro?

Started 18 Feb 2019
by DinoTriz
in PvE
So I want to create a couple of macros for my Savage.

One macro would use my offensive buffs (Combat Speed, Damage Add)

The other macro would use my defensive buffs ( Parry, Evade, and possibly resists)

Would anyone be able to help me set those up? Thanks!
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:56 PM by Kyosji
Do you have a keyboard that supports macros? I think that's the only way to do what you want.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:07 PM by DinoTriz
I might.

I know my keyboard has a preset function that you can cycle through.

I do have a gaming mouse though.

I suppose I could go that route.

I assume you bind multiple keystrokes to one button on the mouse/keyboard?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:09 PM by cptjango
dont listen to him, all you need is a program called autohotkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2z8nuqLbJM&t=823s

as long as you only map multiple actions to one button it is totally legal on this server, jsut dont add any conditions or repeats

the video is not the best but it shows you how to write your first little script

i made it like that slam automatically equips my shield/sword before executing, same for the two hander styles the other way around
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:16 PM by Kyosji
Word of caution. Don't forget you have it running when you play other games. It's one of those programs that get flagged by anti cheat softwares. I know Blizard has openly said using it can get you banned ( https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/can-i-be-banned-for-using-autohotkey/75928 ) PUBG has banned people using it, most MMOs don't allow it because it automates gameplay. Just google up AHK and being banned from games. Lots of people being banned, and game companies saying they can ban you using it. Don't have it running if you plan on playing something else. Some anticheats will even flag it being just installed.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:17 PM by DinoTriz
cptjango wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:09 PM

as long as you only map multiple actions to one button it is totally legal on this server, jsut dont add any conditions or repeats

the video is not the best but it shows you how to write your first little script

Thanks!

Quick question: Does the script still run while you're chatting in game? Is it safe to bind to keys I wouldn't use while chatting?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:18 PM by DinoTriz
Kyosji wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:16 PM
Word of caution. Don't forget you have it running when you play other games. It's one of those programs that get flagged by anti cheat softwares. I know Blizard has openly said using it can get you banned ( https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/can-i-be-banned-for-using-autohotkey/75928 ) PUBG has banned people using it, most MMOs don't allow it because it automates gameplay. Just google up AHK and being banned from games. Lots of people being banned, and game companies saying they can ban you using it. Don't have it running if you plan on playing something else. Some anticheats will even flag it being just installed.

Thanks for the warning.

I may just go with the mouse button route.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:22 PM by cptjango
written by blizz guy in the thread posted here

"Hey all,

The previous post was not entirely accurate and there were some places I could have phrased things better. I’m leaving it for posterity and going to link to this post in the initial post for further clarification. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Macros themselves are not the problem, but various scripts that can be run with the program are. The question here is “can I be banned for using AutoHotkey” and the answer remains “Yes.” The behavior you use it for, however, is considered when banning accounts and appealing bans. If you are using it for normal hotkeying where one button creates one basic action you could normally do with a mouse or keyboard, where you fix a click problem, where you’re binding q to your page forward button, whatever, you should be fine.

We’re not aware of any bans which have occurred due to the use of simple macros, but the fact of the matter is that usage of programs like this are going to be at your own risk and your account may be banned if we detect any ‘questionable/unfair’ scripts being run. In general if someone is banned for usage of a program like this, it’s probably because they weren’t using it for simple macros but something else entirely. If that’s the case, a mouse button issue isn’t going to be a sufficient defense. I’m not saying this is what you’re doing by asking this question, but more announcing for anybody else who might see this post as a wholesale endorsement of this software.

In the event that anyone feels the closure of an account is not accurate, you’re always welcome to appeal through customer support and they’ll give it a look, but in most cases we are extremely confident in the initial action we take. It’s not common for something like this to be overturned.

If it were me, I’d still fix or replace the mouse, but I understand sometimes you have to work with what you’ve got. If you’re going to use some kind of macro to work around it, be very careful about what scripts you select with this program."

blizzard wont ban you just for having the program installed tho ...... it sliterally written by one of their employees in the thread you posted

just dont run any scripts while playing a different game ..... opening / closing a script is like one click xD
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:24 PM by Kyosji
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:17 PM
cptjango wrote:

Thanks!

Quick question: Does the script still run while you're chatting in game? Is it safe to bind to keys I wouldn't use while chatting?

Unfortunately with any macro software, unless you have a turn off button, it will always affect what you're typing. I have like 3-4 buttons macroed for this game. a actual macro key on the left of my keyboard, and the 1-4 keys I believe. I have the 1-4 to help with swapping between ranged and melee, but if I talk and type with numbers using it, it always comes out like "I have b1 b3 apples" when I want to type "I have 13 apples"

What keyboard do you have?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:26 PM by Kyosji
cptjango wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:22 PM
written by blizz guy in the thread posted here

"Hey all,

The previous post was not entirely accurate and there were some places I could have phrased things better. I’m leaving it for posterity and going to link to this post in the initial post for further clarification. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Macros themselves are not the problem, but various scripts that can be run with the program are. The question here is “can I be banned for using AutoHotkey” and the answer remains “Yes.” The behavior you use it for, however, is considered when banning accounts and appealing bans. If you are using it for normal hotkeying where one button creates one basic action you could normally do with a mouse or keyboard, where you fix a click problem, where you’re binding q to your page forward button, whatever, you should be fine.

We’re not aware of any bans which have occurred due to the use of simple macros, but the fact of the matter is that usage of programs like this are going to be at your own risk and your account may be banned if we detect any ‘questionable/unfair’ scripts being run. In general if someone is banned for usage of a program like this, it’s probably because they weren’t using it for simple macros but something else entirely. If that’s the case, a mouse button issue isn’t going to be a sufficient defense. I’m not saying this is what you’re doing by asking this question, but more announcing for anybody else who might see this post as a wholesale endorsement of this software.

In the event that anyone feels the closure of an account is not accurate, you’re always welcome to appeal through customer support and they’ll give it a look, but in most cases we are extremely confident in the initial action we take. It’s not common for something like this to be overturned.

If it were me, I’d still fix or replace the mouse, but I understand sometimes you have to work with what you’ve got. If you’re going to use some kind of macro to work around it, be very careful about what scripts you select with this program."

blizzard wont ban you just for having the program installed tho ...... it sliterally written by one of their employees in the thread you posted

just dont run any scripts while playing a different game ..... opening / closing a script is like one click xD

Yeah, this is just a more drawn out post of what I said. They 'CAN' ban you for it. Don't forget you have it running if you go on another game. Some companies can ban you for having it installed. Can is a word I made sure to use.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:29 PM by cptjango
i say this as someone who has not been banned from any game while using AHK since like '09

while having all the blizzard games /played at a 200 hour minimum

also i saw that you wrote can ..... the text i send included "we are not aware of anyone having been banned for simple macros"

that sure as hell includes that they wont ban you for jsut having it installed
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:32 PM by cptjango
also are you aware that you can make autohotekey only activate its script when daoc is running?

it is literally explained in the video i posted earlier
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:36 PM by DinoTriz
Kyosji wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:24 PM
What keyboard do you have?

I was trying to find that out, and in the process, found out my Amazon account was hacked.

Awesome.

I know for a fact my mouse can do it.

That might be the best route to go if i don't want it interfering with my chat.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:43 PM by cptjango
be aware tho, if you choose to believe that other game companies will ban you for macros , same rules go for overcomplex macros of several hardware companies tools

if they will ban for macros why would they care if the macro was triggered by AHK or by "roccat/logitech/xyz mouse software"
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:46 PM by DinoTriz
cptjango wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:43 PM
be aware tho, if you choose to believe that other game companies will ban you for macros , same rules go for overcomplex macros of several hardware companies tools

if they will ban for macros why would they care if the macro was triggered by AHK or by "roccat/logitech/xyz mouse software"

That's not why I decided to use my mouse.

It's really about the chat interference.

DAOC is the only game I play.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:48 PM by cptjango
then use AHK, phoenix admins already said using it for multiple keybinds to one (without repeats/conditions) is totally fine

also the video i posted explained how to do it without chat interference ..... (using f keys etc)

you dont even need that, you can stop/resume the macro with a button on the fly
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:49 PM by Kyosji
On usage, basically. Logitech/Corsair/Razer software has multiple usage. AHK has one. They can't ban everyone using Logitech/Corsair/Razer software, as they would be banning 80% of their player base. Again, not saying you WILL get banned, but you CAN get banned. It is technically in the TOS of most games. It won't be easy to always see until they see timers involved for named brand software, but if anti cheat software sees a program specifically designed for such a process, it does get flagged. Just google AHK and read what everyone is saying about it in certain games. Some games wont even run if it detects AHK. Don't trust what you read here, research it for yourself.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:55 PM by cptjango
the believe that autohotkey was made for one purpose .....is outlandish

its uses streches from optimizing your os usage to helping poor handicapped people on a tight budget

most anti cheating tools have long stopped making problems for just having it installed after getting shitstormed by the disabled community

the whole "banned for having it installed" is a myth ..... properly fueled by people using complex macros trying to get their head out of the sling

i mean ofc you will find threads like "banned for only having ahk installed!!!!1111" , are you that new to the internet that you believe any guy posting about getting banned for not doing shit?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:41 PM by Kyosji
Ok, seems your'e a bit one tracked on this, so I'm backing off. Not a fan of having people put words in my mouth either. Can and will are 2 different things.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:08 PM by BigX
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:17 PM
cptjango wrote:

Thanks!

yes thats why you make a toggle for the entire script to turn it on and off with a single key press.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:14 PM by DinoTriz
I managed to make a macro with my mouse, so pressing a side mouse button in turn presses 1 through 4 on the Numpad.

I just had to unbind a default key or two in-game but it works great.

It could open me up to playing other classes like Paladin and Champion, which is nice.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:34 PM by dudis
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:14 PM
I managed to make a macro with my mouse, so pressing a side mouse button in turn presses 1 through 4 on the Numpad.

I just had to unbind a default key or two in-game but it works great.

It could open me up to playing other classes like Paladin and Champion, which is nice.

From my understanding of the macro rules, each button press is only allowed to fire one ability/command ingame. You are not allowed to use pauses or delays, which would be required to cast one spell, then the next, then the next etc...

Think of it as being allowed in-game, not in terms of the macro code itself.

For example, you are allowed to make a macro that uses two melee styles (one as a backup), because you will still only hit once. It's also allowed to use a macro that casts a mezz and demezz on the same button, because only one of the spells would be used depending on what you have targeted.

You can also create a macro that cycles through abilities. For example on a paladin, you can create a macro that casts one chant, then automatically re-binds so the next time you press the button, another chant is used and so on.

But you are NOT allowed to make a macro that /assist and /face or one that uses multiple spells at once with just one key-stroke, since those requires more than one action ingame.

I might have misunderstood as the rules aren't super clear imo, so im just going to avoid using macros altogether, since i dont want my chars deleted.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:40 PM by DinoTriz
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:34 PM
From my understanding of the macro rules, each button press is only allowed to fire one ability/command ingame. You are not allowed to use pauses or delays, which would be required to cast one spell, then the next, then the next etc...

Think of it as being allowed in-game, not in terms of the macro code itself.

For example, you are allowed to make a macro that uses two melee styles (one as a backup), because you will still only hit once. It's also allowed to use a macro that casts a mezz and demezz on the same button, because only one of the spells would be used depending on what you have targeted.

You can also create a macro that cycles through abilities. For example on a paladin, you can create a macro that casts one chant, then automatically re-binds so the next time you press the button, another chant is used and so on.

But you are NOT allowed to make a macro that /assist and /face or one that uses multiple spells at once with just one key-stroke, since those requires more than one action ingame.

I might have misunderstood as the rules aren't super clear imo, so im just going to avoid using macros altogether, since i dont want my chars deleted.

Seems to be legal according to the server rules:

"It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play"
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:48 PM by dudis
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:40 PM

"It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play"

That's what i thought too, but apparently the time between using the first ability and the next counts as a delay and is not allowed, even if its miniscule.

Everyone are being very vague about this imo. Please tag me if you get a definitive answer
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:49 PM by DinoTriz
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:48 PM
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:40 PM

That's what i thought too, but apparently the time between using the first ability and the next counts as a delay, even if its miniscule and is therefor not allowed.

Everyone are being very vague about this imo. Please tag me if you get a definitive answer

Why would they say 'It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key' then?
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:01 PM by dudis
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 1:49 PM
Why would they say 'It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key' then?

Thats what i mean with them being vague.

I asked about it in this thread
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5725

I'm confused but leaning towards that it's not allowed. See the second to last post in the thread (page 2) from Tavi where he says

"Pressing those 9 button's without delay is not possible. You will have to come up with a different solution."

Hence im just going to avoid using multiple-action macros, at least until i know for sure that it's allowed.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:17 PM by DinoTriz
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:01 PM

I'm confused but leaning towards that it's not allowed. See the second to last post in the thread (page 2) from Tavi where he says

"Pressing those 9 button's without delay is not possible. You will have to come up with a different solution."

Hence im just going to avoid using multiple-action macros, at least until i know for sure that it's allowed.

One of the devs clarified a bit here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=30938#p30938

For what I'm doing it's completely legal. I'm using it for Savage buffs, so there's no delays or pauses needed. I can press all four Savage buffs at the same time and they'll all cast. Now for Paladin chants or Minstrel songs, it might be a bit different.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:50 PM by dudis
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:17 PM
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:01 PM

One of the devs clarified a bit here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=30938#p30938

For what I'm doing it's completely legal. I'm using it for Savage buffs, so there's no delays or pauses needed. I can press all four Savage buffs at the same time and they'll all cast. Now for Paladin chants or Minstrel songs, it might be a bit different.

Yeah, delays are not needed for such a macro, just like the Skald songs i asked about in the thread i linked.

People still argue that the sole fact that you are using one spell, then another, then another even without added delay in the macro, still has an inherent delay and is thus not allowed.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 3:21 PM by DinoTriz
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 2:50 PM
Yeah, delays are not needed for such a macro, just like the Skald songs i asked about in the thread i linked.

People still argue that the sole fact that you are using one spell, then another, then another even without added delay in the macro, still has an inherent delay and is thus not allowed.

I think people believe "Up" and "Down" commands may count as delays, but they don't.

I think people are talking past each other as well.

You can absolutely make a macro that presses 1-9 one after the other, but it may not yield the results you are looking for, therefore they tell you it would require delays.

For example, if I wanted to make a poison swap macro, I would have to add delays because I would have to wait for my Shadowblade to attack (and poison) before switching to the next keybind. A Champion can cast all debuffs instantly within "one global cooldown", so it doesn't require any delays.

I'm not sure how Skalds perform. You can run speed and Damage Add song at the same time, right? Just one takes over when out of combat? If you can press all 9 abilities with your hands naturally at the same time and you get the desired result, I don't see why you couldn't make a macro.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 3:32 PM by Afuldan
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 3:21 PM
dudis wrote:

I think people believe "Up" and "Down" commands may count as delays, but they don't.

You can absolutely make a macro that presses 1-9 one after the other, but it may not yield the results you are looking for, therefore they tell you it would require delays.

For example, if I wanted to make a poison swap macro, I would have to add delays because I would have to wait for my Shadowblade to attack (and poison) before switching to the next keybind. A Champion can cast all debuffs instantly within "one global cooldown", so it doesn't require any delays.

I'm not sure how Skalds perform. You can run speed and Damage Add song at the same time, right? Just one takes over when out of combat? If you can press all 9 abilities with your hands naturally at the same time and you get the desired result, I don't see why you couldn't make a macro.

Skald can only run one chant at a time.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:35 PM by dudis
DinoTriz wrote:
dudis wrote:

Thats the thing. The gm/mod wrote some examples of allowed macros, using multiple abilities at once with no cooldown wasnt one of them. Others are saying it's not allowed.

I dont know but im not going to risk anything.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:35 PM by dudis
Afuldan wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 3:32 PM
Skald can only run one chant at a time.

Its a bit more tricky than that, skald chants basically work like paladin chants.

Heal song, damage add and resists have a 5 second duration, speed has 6 seconds apparently.
Heal song, damage add and speed has a 8 second cooldown before you can activate it again.

So if you activate all of them at once, they will all be active for 5 seconds, but only the last one you activated will stay up after that.

Resists however do not have a cooldown, so you can keep all of them up permanently by pressing the buttons every 4-5 seconds.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:35 PM by DinoTriz
dudis wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:35 PM
DinoTriz wrote:
dudis wrote:

Thats the thing. The gm/mod wrote some examples of allowed macros, using multiple abilities at once with no cooldown wasnt one of them. Others are saying it's not allowed.

Well just because he didn't happen to listen an example doesn't mean it breaks the rules. If your macro doesn't have delays, conditions or automatically repeats, you're good to go.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:27 PM by for1bak2
You can make a suspend button in the ahk script easily.
(((The button you want to suspend with)))::suspend

Example:
F1::suspend
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:44 PM by dudis
I ended up making a toggle macro instead and bind it to my mousewheel, so i can pop all my chants one by one basically instantly anyways, without breaking the rules.

Only issue is remembering to toggle capslock on and of when i want to use the scroll as a scroll instead xD

<hotkey CapsLockOn WheelBackward>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F6>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F7>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F8>

etc...
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:44 PM by Yokahu
dudis wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:44 PM
I ended up making a toggle macro instead and bind it to my mousewheel, so i can pop all my chants one by one basically instantly anyways, without breaking the rules.

Only issue is remembering to toggle capslock on and of when i want to use the scroll as a scroll instead xD

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F6>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F7>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F8>

etc...
Can you please show how to get that script into the mouse? I have no idea how/where to program that

Maybe a step by step list
Thu 28 Feb 2019 9:09 AM by Sepplord
Yokahu wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:44 PM
Can you please show how to get that script into the mouse? I have no idea how/where to program that

it will be different, depending on the mouse you use.
Goggle a forum for techsupport for your mousemodel/brand will probably get you help or a tutorial faster
Thu 28 Feb 2019 10:34 AM by dudis
Yokahu wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:44 PM

I use hotkeynet. It's relatively easy to get if you fiddle around a bit.

Download latest version here
http://www.hotkeynet.com/p/download.html

Instructions for renaming target window (daoc) here. You need to do this so the program knows where to send the instructions.
http://www.hotkeynet.com/p/renaming.html

Copy the script/code into a text document, save it and press the load button in the hotkeynet client to load it.

You are now good to go (remember capslock on/off to activate the macro).

As you can imagine, Hotkeynet is capable of much more potent scripts than that. It was and to some extent still is the program of choice for multiboxers for example. Got to stick to the rules though
Thu 28 Feb 2019 2:23 PM by Anaethema
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:35 PM
dudis wrote:

Well just because he didn't happen to listen an example doesn't mean it breaks the rules. If your macro doesn't have delays, conditions or automatically repeats, you're good to go.
There has been no definitive answer from the GMs/Admins that I have seen, and with the penalty being deletion of your characters this isn't something I want to risk.

But to each their own. You are probably correct, but that isn't something I personally am comfortable with.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:04 PM by DinoTriz
Anaethema wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 2:23 PM
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:35 PM
dudis wrote:

There has been no definitive answer from the GMs/Admins that I have seen, and with the penalty being deletion of your characters this isn't something I want to risk.

But to each their own. You are probably correct, but that isn't something I personally am comfortable with.

True, if I was making a macro that was more complicated than mine, I'd probably be more cautious.

All my macro does is move 4 self-buffs to one mouse button that I press every 15 seconds, instead of having to press 4 keys every 15 seconds.

It's a tad more complicated than an average QBind, so I wouldn't think a GM would have a problem with it.

It would be nice if a GM could confirm it though.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:20 PM by Ebenezer
For chatting safely, my AHK scripts suspend when I hit semicolon or slash to initiate chat, and restart if I hit Enter or Esc.
They also suspend if DAoC isn't the active window (via WinWaitActive)
Tue 5 Mar 2019 11:50 AM by Ashok
dudis wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:44 PM

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F6>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F7>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F8>

etc...

This is fine. Multiple actions to 1 key (here: MouseWheel) but a different action per trigger.
Another way of doing this would be:

Ashok wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:21 PM
No, something like...

iChant = 1

: WheelDown
Switch iChant
Case = 1
Send X
iChant++
Case = 2
Send Y
iChant++
Case Else
iChant = 1
endSwitch

Whatever that translate into your scripting language you are using.

You can add more actions per Case-section, though depending on your input lag/latency to server not all might trigger.

DinoTriz wrote: All my macro does is move 4 self-buffs to one mouse button that I press every 15 seconds, instead of having to press 4 keys every 15 seconds.

It's a tad more complicated than an average QBind, so I wouldn't think a GM would have a problem with it.

It would be nice if a GM could confirm it though.
Should be fine if those 4 self-buffs are triggered once after another without delays in between, per mouse button press.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics