XP Buff

Started 4 Feb 2019
by DirtyAlb
in Open Community Votes
I think xp needs be faster.
1. As the initial surge of players dies down its getting harder and harder to find groups and support classes, heals, buffers etc.
2. Some classes are not preferred in groups so have a hard time of it.
3. For me this game has always been about RvR, there's much better pve games out with better graphics, content etc.
4. Sucks lfg for rvr forever because your not the needed class someone is looking for, if having some alts weren't so time consuming and brain dead painful grinds it would make it easier to have some different classes that you could get into rvr groups as needed.

5. DAOC RvR is timeless and fun, PVE however is not. Just my 2 cents
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:12 PM by Vlalkor
You should try Uthgard and see how XP used to be and come back and say this is slow.,
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:24 PM by chryso
LOL, good one.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 8:50 PM by DirtyAlb
Yes I know uthgard xp rate was horrid. Hence I made lvl 10 or so and uninstalled. Uthgard is dead could be a hint that most people just want to rvr not grind countless mobs.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 9:44 PM by Magesty
XP here is exceptionally fast. During the two days of work I had off due to the deep freeze (Chicago) I was able to get my Wizard from around 22 to 49.5 almost entirely solo outside of a little bit of grouping during the 40s (my kill tasks were all at an outrageously high level due to having played a fair amount after 6PM the night before, so grouping was prudent, otherwise I wouldn’t recommend it generally).

So, 22-41 completely solo in a day and then 41-49.5 with a little grouping/XP stacks every level on the second day. If you take advantage of tasks and turn in a 10 stack every level after 20 the XP should fly.

This horse has been beaten since beta began so I’m not going to delve into it the reasoning behind why PvE “continues to exist” and is important for server vitality.

Instead, I’m just going to say if you are struggling to level here it is truly a case of you failing to utilize the resources you have been provided. They are ample and extremely, arguably disproportionately, rewarding. Honestly, having difficulty leveling on this server such that you can’t even make alts and feel the need to post about seems to be a case of “git gud”. But not even really because it is so mind-numbingly easy to utilize the resources provided to level it is really more a case of “use brain”.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 7:38 AM by Sepplord
you can in theory go from fresh lvl49 to lvl50 solo by just turning in XP items and then killing 15-25mobs in DF/frontier dungeon each day to get three tasks for 15mobs. Should Ding you on day3 with a total playtime on that level under 45minutes (conservatively calculated).
That's for the ultracasual with not a lot of playtime (lulz 15minutes a day and you still do the longest level in only 3days)

Ofcourse that is highly theoretical, but when playing normally for an hour a day, even the long last levels will not take more than that single hour.

Your friends are:
-XP-Items (consider buying cheap ones, farming them is often not worth it if the mobtype is bad for bonus XP and/or task)
-Killtask: they reset daily and give you huge XP for just 15mobs // some Realm-tasks can also be "leached with about 1-5minutes investment, learn the rotation and try planning ahead to build a short emain/odins/hadrians port into your killtask route
-bonus XP, giants/plants/reptile/magicals give HUGE XP-boni still, do those mobtypes for killtasks first. Doubledipping into the honeypot
-POTs 100charges Endurance cost ~120g in the housingzone, and they will cut down on your regtime and let you permasprint (with LW1 and tireless which you have because of the realmtaskleeching) for faster travelling. 40+ i personally also invested into a 100charge combined buffs potion which made it even easier.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:23 PM by scortyl
my personal opinion is that exp is not fast enough , especially for non desired pve classes (melee in hibernia) .my character is level 40 and is "left behind" (i still not have any level 50) i have switched to another realm due to the fact that soloing all the time is not fun .

if people quit the game it will be because it is still a pain to hit 50 . we should have the possibility to level two level 50 during a 48 hours of /played instead on only one or at least 1 and a half.

solutions :- upgrade the exp of eggs , yes again but soloing is a pain .
- make a new window "lfg" in ui that show every exp groups and/or solo and if they want to group to exp . the lfg command is still not enough because unwanted classes are left over .
-make that blues can count as kill tasks for /task realm
-make that accomplished task personal reward 2 bubbles instead of one
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:17 PM by chryso
If all the Hib melee characters who complain how they can't get a group would make a group themselves this wouldn't be an issue.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:30 PM by scortyl
i have tried making groups but when peoples don't see bombs in group they simply leave the group to be a part of another group with bombs this time .
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:38 PM by Tree
Said it in other threads... which reminds me, why did you feel YOUR opinion was so special you had to make another one?

... XP is plenty fast and there is no need for further buffs.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:24 PM by Truen
I think XP is fine, maybe even too fast currently. Leave it be please.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:51 PM by PingGuy
Even with the recent increase, Phoenix Eggs are still too weak at the higher levels. I can live with it as is, but I wouldn't complain if they gave eggs a boost for level 35+ or 40+.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:01 AM by Tree
PingGuy wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:51 PM
Even with the recent increase, Phoenix Eggs are still too weak at the higher levels. I can live with it as is, but I wouldn't complain if they gave eggs a boost for level 35+ or 40+.

Well thats the one thing where I would buff XP. Give 2/3 the amount of eggs for people playing duo, just because so many people like to play with spouse, brother, father etc. And create some way to be able to turn in eggs on the road, without the need to run back to a trainer every level. Maybe summonable trainer you can buy, just like a vendor?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:34 AM by Durgrim
I do not agree.
XP is more than fine.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:14 AM by Sepplord
the only "problem" i see with XPing currently is that soloing is much more efficient than grouping for a lot of people (outside of classes that get into bomb-grps)

As a solo it is pretty easy to run around, do XP-items and one task mob after another.

To do that as a group you need much more organisation and people to stick around. You can't just get a replacement into the middle of nowhere that will also still need the task that you and the rest of your group does.
People all are at different bubbles/levels so coordinating XP-item turn ins as a group is also not viable.

Grouping casually only works at fixed spots, grinding through mobs...and while that works well with bombgrps it is really really slow with normal groups.

I levelled my main mostly in bombgrps, and i was a bit afraid of leveling my twink, considering the bombgrps were killing 10-15cap XP mobs every 20-30seconds and it still took quite some hours in the 40+ levels.

But then when i levelled my alt, it wasn't really that bad. in the early 40s XP-items still gave 6-7bubbles and because of task i would get 0,7-0,8 bubbles every 15mobs i killed. Doing frontier/dungeon/PvP-taskleeching at the same time meant that i didn't really have to kill more than 50-100mobs per level.

Soloing was very fast, bombgroups were very fast. Organized grouping is very fast, even if the grp-setup sucks.

Casual grouping sucks though. And i don't know how to change that, without making it completely trivial to level.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:29 AM by Rhoedric
Even casual grouping is fastest than solo : you gain 84% of base xp per mob in duo rather than 50% as it was in 1.65

So you need only to kill it 10/20% faster than solo to make a gain (not doing the math with the social xp in bonus)
And kill oj mobs for xp tasks is not that hard in duo with all the stuff we drop.

Unless the other player don’t do any dmg, don’t buff/heal or even don’t gard for reducing dmg, but this is pl not duo 😉
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:42 AM by Halma
Rhoedric wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:29 AM
Even casual grouping is fastest than solo : you gain 84% of base xp per mob in duo rather than 50% as it was in 1.65

So you need only to kill it 10/20% faster than solo to make a gain (not doing the math with the social xp in bonus)
And kill oj mobs for xp tasks is not that hard in duo with all the stuff we drop.

Unless the other player don’t do any dmg, don’t buff/heal or even don’t gard for reducing dmg, but this is pl not duo 😉

If you have enough time at a stretch then grouping is the way to go, but I think the thread opener was talking about a non desirable melee class.

@OP:
If you want to optimize for let's say an hour of play you usually just log in, collect xp items, hand them in, do 5-6 killquests and follow up with eggs. A lot of killquests can be done by just using the porter to the right location with a minimal time to walk. Usually there a multiple types of suitable mobs in the same location as well or you even do multiple quests by killing only one mob.
You can even throw in a rvr task if it's "Fight in OG/Emain/Hadrians" (only do the one you reach via port). Just walk there, die once and go back to leveling. You will get the credit (XP and RP) when the task completes even if you're in your home zone again, just don't log out.

I recommend buying a draught of improved invigoration on a melee character. That's nearly 17 hours with endu 3 buff (+tireless = endu 4). They're pretty cheap for their value (around 100g). Tinderboxes help a lot as well, the damage add for physical attacks is insanely good. With endu3 and an active buff from a tinderbox you mow down 15 yellow mobs in 5-10 minutes (10 minutes if your equipment is really bad). Mind that you don't need to stay near the tinderbox once you have the buff, it gets applied when you activate the box. Only for the regeneration you have to be near the campfire.

That where just some ideas, that can still be optimized.
For reference: my ranger took 31 hours to reach lvl 50 (and 2L6 on top). Only buffs were tinderboxes I found myself and endurance pots. I will admit that a pure melee class will take a bit longer as it will always take some hits from mobs, but not that much if you don't waste too much time for tasks which are not worth the time.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:16 PM by PingGuy
I had a really good night last night in RvR. Went from 39 to 41.5 on a combination of tasks, and a couple sets of XP items. That isn't going to happen every time. I completed 6 realm tasks, got xp for the 5/5, and got exp for 15/15 players killed. That last part never happens, but the HibZerg was on it last night, and things went my way. If I had spent that whole time soloing, doing kill tasks, xp items, and such, I'd barely have hit 40.

Exp is not bad here. It's worse if you are solo, and it's worse if you are a solo melee. Phoenix egg returns drop off too much in the higher levels, they do almost nothing. I'm getting around 30-40 per yellow/orange kill, and a full level takes like 45,000 of them. In 41, it wanted almost 9k eggs to go the last bit of the last bubble, the distance about 3 bubbles take up on that line. It's gotten to the point where I'm not going to stop RvR tasks at 2L9 to keep the free respecs, I'm going to run any task I can to level. Just have to get my final spec worked out before then so I'm not pinched.

Soloing is the slowest way to level in this game, hands down. Eggs are the way to adjust that, if they feel it still needs to be adjusted. I think it wouldn't hurt to do that, but it's also not imperative.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:56 PM by rubaduck
I completely disagree.

Just this morning I made a new toon which dinged to 24 in a few hours just by grouping up small and expanding the group.

If you pick unfavorable classes, it will always be slow and hard regardless of how much you boost xp. It's what the eggs are for and they were bumped 50% just a few weeks ago.

XP spots right now are so diverse and challenging that you can find a spot that fits you perfect as solo, small man or full XP groups.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:13 PM by Jacks
Huh, it is fascinating that people actually want to grind levels on this server. The point of this game is RvR there is no argument to be had about that. The PvE in this game is a means to augment your performance in RvR and that is only the max level PvE. Those who have created this server are barred from making one red cent on it so what is the motivation to even require leveling? To learn a character? come on now, we all know that the way you play when you level has little to do with the way you play when you are in high level RvR. Is it to keep you in the game longer? Why? we have already established that no money can be made so why prolong an aspect that exists to help facilitate profit?

If some would like to level that seems okay though I do not get it at all but to each their own. It seems a /level command would be appropriate. Those that want to level can and those that do not won't. But I think we all know that won't work don't we? and it is not for any justifiable reason. It will not work because those of you who want to level are trying to force the rest of us in to your way of playing because if you don't force us you will have to level solo and you do not want that do you?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:30 PM by chryso
Jacks wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:13 PM
Huh, it is fascinating that people actually want to grind levels on this server. The point of this game is RvR there is no argument to be had about that. The PvE in this game is a means to augment your performance in RvR and that is only the max level PvE. Those who have created this server are barred from making one red cent on it so what is the motivation to even require leveling? To learn a character? come on now, we all know that the way you play when you level has little to do with the way you play when you are in high level RvR. Is it to keep you in the game longer? Why? we have already established that no money can be made so why prolong an aspect that exists to help facilitate profit?

I have said this in several thread. There are instant 50 shards out there. If you want instant 50 go play them.
Now you are going to complain that those shards don't have many people playing on them. Guess why. Because most people do not want instant 50. If you want to play on a server with people then you have to put up with what the other people want.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:36 PM by Jacks
chryso wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:30 PM
Jacks wrote:

I have said this in several thread. There are instant 50 shards out there. If you want instant 50 go play them.
Now you are going to complain that those shards don't have many people playing on them. Guess why. Because most people do not want instant 50. If you want to play on a server with people then you have to put up with what the other people want.

Do you have a rebuttal for my points or is your "play my way or leave" all you have to offer?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:39 PM by chryso
Jacks wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:36 PM
chryso wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:30 PM
Jacks wrote:

Do you have a rebuttal for my points or is your "play my way or leave" all you have to offer?

I will type more slowly so you can understand. There are other servers with instant level 50. Those servers are mostly empty.
Why do you think that is?
I think it is because most people really don't want to play that way. If most people did want to play that way then those servers would not be so empty.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:44 PM by chryso
Sorry dude. People keep asking for the same crap over and over and over and over that sometimes I get a little short with people.
I think the reason we need xp is that it keeps more people interested in the game. Other methods have been tried and people don't stick around.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:16 PM by Victos
PingGuy wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:16 PM
I had a really good night last night in RvR. Went from 39 to 41.5 on a combination of tasks, and a couple sets of XP items. That isn't going to happen every time. I completed 6 realm tasks, got xp for the 5/5, and got exp for 15/15 players killed. That last part never happens, but the HibZerg was on it last night, and things went my way. If I had spent that whole time soloing, doing kill tasks, xp items, and such, I'd barely have hit 40.

Exp is not bad here. It's worse if you are solo, and it's worse if you are a solo melee. Phoenix egg returns drop off too much in the higher levels, they do almost nothing. I'm getting around 30-40 per yellow/orange kill, and a full level takes like 45,000 of them. In 41, it wanted almost 9k eggs to go the last bit of the last bubble, the distance about 3 bubbles take up on that line. It's gotten to the point where I'm not going to stop RvR tasks at 2L9 to keep the free respecs, I'm going to run any task I can to level. Just have to get my final spec worked out before then so I'm not pinched.

Soloing is the slowest way to level in this game, hands down. Eggs are the way to adjust that, if they feel it still needs to be adjusted. I think it wouldn't hurt to do that, but it's also not imperative.

Sorry but if going from 39 to 41.5 is "a really good night" you either have very little time or you're doing something fundamentally wrong.

Going from 39 to 41.5 is what? 6-7 bubs worth of xp you actually have to farm? If that's a good night then I don't want to know what a bad night is.

Soloing is far from slow even if it was the slowest. I leveled multiple chars to 40+ with the highest group being a trio, duoing for the most part and soloing even at 45+, two of those before the egg buff and mob type bonuses were even added.

Even 49-50 was quick as hell, turn in xp items, turn in eggs and get some tasks to levek 2.

If your realm has df then you can easily grab humanoid, demon, dungeon and fz task level 2 or 3 within a short amount of time, doing 2 of each nets you 4 bubs of xp even in the high 40s.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:49 PM by PingGuy
Victos wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:16 PM
Sorry but if going from 39 to 41.5 is "a really good night" you either have very little time or you're doing something fundamentally wrong.

Going from 39 to 41.5 is what? 6-7 bubs worth of xp you actually have to farm? If that's a good night then I don't want to know what a bad night is.

Soloing is far from slow even if it was the slowest. I leveled multiple chars to 40+ with the highest group being a trio, duoing for the most part and soloing even at 45+, two of those before the egg buff and mob type bonuses were even added.

Even 49-50 was quick as hell, turn in xp items, turn in eggs and get some tasks to levek 2.

If your realm has df then you can easily grab humanoid, demon, dungeon and fz task level 2 or 3 within a short amount of time, doing 2 of each nets you 4 bubs of xp even in the high 40s.

I was on for several hours, don't remember exactly how long. I farmed two sets of XP items and turned them in. I completed six realm tasks, one 5/5 realm task, and one 15/15 players killed task. Most likely completed a few 15/15 and 31/31 kill tasks. Anything I killed that wasn't an XP item mob had some kind of mob type bonus. I only turned in Phoenix Eggs to finish off a level here and there.

The funny part is that I wasn't even trying to level during this time, I was just trying to get RP's to raise my rank, and did some XP items in between to pass the time. Now I don't know what XP items you are turning in, but the toughest ones I could solo at those levels were giving less than half a bubble per item. I haven't been playing DAoC for many years, I have to find level appropriate mobs myself, I have to spam /loc to find the ones on the XP item lists. It takes time, and yes I afk some too.

I've ventured into DF at some points, but solo it's a mess and i just die. In other locations, sometimes the mobs I need are just a level or two above what I can handle. I can't just go do 15/15 of this mob and 15/15 of that mob in no time flat. I can't always find yellow or higher mobs that I can take reliably that fit a task.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but people act like solo in this game at 40+ is the same as 20+ and it's not, nowhere close. I've reached the point where killing yellows and oranges barely moves the bar. So if i want to move that bar i have to find tasks, and that takes time. Even realm tasks can take a while to complete, depending on the type. Sometimes you spend time on a realm task and fail to get credit (keep attack/defend, or when in a zone your enemies are cutting you off from).

I get it, there are people out there that know everything about DAoC, and can go 1-50 in 24 hours or less. That's great, but that's not everybody, and definitely not solo. My first toon here is 32, he has close to 48 hours played. Phoenix Eggs were changed when he was in his mid 20's. My second toon is 42, has 52 hours played, but is 2L6 from a lot of realm tasks. He has speed and benefited from my experience on the first toon also.

So while I can appreciate that some people will level fast, it's silly to assume everybody will. Now, at 42, I have no clue what mobs I'll be fighting next. I'll use the XP item list as a guide, but I'll have to do some exploring, and that will take time. Luckily I'm having fun in RvR so i can just keep doing that and level when I can.

Finally, one thing I stand by is how slow the Phoenix Eggs are at high level, even after the increase. They do almost nothing. Anybody who disagrees with that can't be soloing, there's no way they can delve the eggs and see the number required to level and think "oh, that's good."
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:20 PM by Victos
PingGuy wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:49 PM
Victos wrote:

I was on for several hours, don't remember exactly how long. I farmed two sets of XP items and turned them in. I completed six realm tasks, one 5/5 realm task, and one 15/15 players killed task. Most likely completed a few 15/15 and 31/31 kill tasks. Anything I killed that wasn't an XP item mob had some kind of mob type bonus. I only turned in Phoenix Eggs to finish off a level here and there.

The funny part is that I wasn't even trying to level during this time, I was just trying to get RP's to raise my rank, and did some XP items in between to pass the time. Now I don't know what XP items you are turning in, but the toughest ones I could solo at those levels were giving less than half a bubble per item. I haven't been playing DAoC for many years, I have to find level appropriate mobs myself, I have to spam /loc to find the ones on the XP item lists. It takes time, and yes I afk some too.

I've ventured into DF at some points, but solo it's a mess and i just die. In other locations, sometimes the mobs I need are just a level or two above what I can handle. I can't just go do 15/15 of this mob and 15/15 of that mob in no time flat. I can't always find yellow or higher mobs that I can take reliably that fit a task.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but people act like solo in this game at 40+ is the same as 20+ and it's not, nowhere close. I've reached the point where killing yellows and oranges barely moves the bar. So if i want to move that bar i have to find tasks, and that takes time. Even realm tasks can take a while to complete, depending on the type. Sometimes you spend time on a realm task and fail to get credit (keep attack/defend, or when in a zone your enemies are cutting you off from).

I get it, there are people out there that know everything about DAoC, and can go 1-50 in 24 hours or less. That's great, but that's not everybody, and definitely not solo. My first toon here is 32, he has close to 48 hours played. Phoenix Eggs were changed when he was in his mid 20's. My second toon is 42, has 52 hours played, but is 2L6 from a lot of realm tasks. He has speed and benefited from my experience on the first toon also.

So while I can appreciate that some people will level fast, it's silly to assume everybody will. Now, at 42, I have no clue what mobs I'll be fighting next. I'll use the XP item list as a guide, but I'll have to do some exploring, and that will take time. Luckily I'm having fun in RvR so i can just keep doing that and level when I can.

Finally, one thing I stand by is how slow the Phoenix Eggs are at high level, even after the increase. They do almost nothing. Anybody who disagrees with that can't be soloing, there's no way they can delve the eggs and see the number required to level and think "oh, that's good."

Being 38 after 48h really does sound like there is a fundamental problem to me, after that amount of time you could be 50 AND have a char at 38.

For reference I created a runemaster on sunday, spent several hours in Thidranki and Caledonia, was afk for several hours and still was 45 by wednesday. I even managed to squeeze out 46.5 on thursday morning before my phone was done charging with a fast charger. But even with all that afk/thid/cale my RM sits at 32h played.

I always do lvl appropriate xp items, meaning at 42 I'm turning in the 42-x item, at 45 the 45-x and so on.

My thane who's lvl 50, legendary alchemist, legendary salvager, did TG raid, afk and multiple crafting sessions for twinks sits at 64h played. And I had to do the last levels (47-50) on the side while taking care of a 6 month old child.

Being hardcore about it I'm sure one could hit 50 in a day played no matter the group size.

And well, yes the number of required eggs seems ridiculous at higher levels, but at the same time I think it would be too much if they were buffed again. I was able to get the last bub on 49 turning in a bit over 8k eggs. This means by keeping 20k eggs around one could get 2.5 bubs from eggs, 4 bubs from xp items and sit at 6.5bubs. Thats 3.5 needed which is what? 8 pve tasks? To me this sounds almost too fast considering this is the last level one ever has to level.

Sure DAoC isn't about PvE, we're all here for that fine RvR. But I think 24h or even your 48h played (if you hit 50 by that time) is completely fine. If anyone ever tried to level on uthgard before they would think leveling here is nonexistent by comparison.

Sure we shouldn't compare this server to any other server but this is still an MMO and a good group here blasts through levels even without xp items.

Make a single friend and I doubt you need longer than half the time it took you to 38 to reach that level again even if you do thidranki and Caledonia for hours. The only way without intentionally going slower would be by rolling two support classes.

Edit: Seeing as you're hib, what just jumped to my mind was: maybe some xp-items are harder than the ones in mid forcing you to use some that give less xp, I don't know. Even though I don't think that should be that much of an issue.

I have leveled 2 chars to 40+ on alb prior to the egg buffs and mob type bonis and I've leveled 2 chars to 45+ on mid now, but I have no char above lvl 3 on hib I think. I don't know if hib is that much harder solo compared to the other the other two realms, my lvling route is usually just sticking to xp items and filling mob type bonus spots in between. If that isn't possible in hib then maybe that has to be adjusted but as said before I'm the wrong person to say anything about hib.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:38 PM by scortyl
PingGuy wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:49 PM
Victos wrote:

i am in the same actual situation , i have two levels 40 and struggle to get the to 50 , the xp items give a lot less bubbles than before 40 and eggs don't give a lot too , i am constantly online i have 1 day and 22 hours played and level 40 , by doing only efficient exp , exp tasks andd mobs types .
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:47 PM by PingGuy
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It may be possible with the right classes and player experiences to really race through the levels here, but that doesn't mean everybody will.

I think it's important to note that I'm not unhappy with the leveling speed here, which I've mentioned before. I'm having fun, and able to participate in rvr without being 50 yet. I'm just pointing out that Phoenix Eggs go from useful to pointless sometime in the late 30's, and that contributed to the leveling slowdown at the higher levels.

Both of my toons so far were Hib Melee's and that could be part of it too. I'm working on a Theurgist in Albion now also, so we'll see how that experience differs.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 11:43 AM by Victos
Had another longer post but it somehow got lost in the void, so here is the shortened version:

- logged in on RM (still 46.5)
- autowalked rvr tasks while feeding/singing/cuddling baby to sleep
- sticked a buddy for another 3 rvr tasks while being mostly afk unless he said something in discord
- went to DF for a few minutes and picked up another 6 tasks
- autowalked 2 tasks again
- threw in xp items
- got to 47.73 doing basically nothing but spamming aoe nuke on inc and single nukes on mobs

I can not understand how anyone could complain about chars basically leveling themselves via tasks. Just use the several sites available to find spots where you can do multiple tasks at once and you're set. Get a friend and you blast through levels.

After all this is a MMO, not a single player rpg and everyone is able to find a single person on a server boasting 2-4k concurrent players.

I've heard hibernia has problems with their melees getting higher and is considerably stricter (elitism) when it comes to group forming, maybe that's the bigger issue here.

Your theurg should be way faster than your melees though, casters are insane, especially in lower levels.

I hope you can find the right pace with that char and if that's the case then maybe melees need some buff for PvE/leveling content. As of now I've only leveled casters (and multiple 2h paladins, but these are easy in PvE) solo so maybe that's where our experiences diverge.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:45 PM by Stryves
For those that say it's too fast, you need to walk a mile in someone elses shoes. I don't see how speeding up XP hurts those that find it too fast as it is. I personally would love to see it faster, as I normally play support roles and when I can't get a group, it takes forever to get any xp. I admit that's partially a problem with the group availability, but how can it possible hurt the game to have XP go faster?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:47 AM by Victos
Stryves wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:45 PM
For those that say it's too fast, you need to walk a mile in someone elses shoes. I don't see how speeding up XP hurts those that find it too fast as it is. I personally would love to see it faster, as I normally play support roles and when I can't get a group, it takes forever to get any xp. I admit that's partially a problem with the group availability, but how can it possible hurt the game to have XP go faster?

Why would those that think it's too fast have to walk in someone else's shoes while the ones who think it's too slow are free to complain?

If it wasn't possible to hurt the server if xping was faster then this server would be instant 50. But as it is not instant 50 there thereby exists a point at which increasing xp is indeed hurting the game, at least from the developer's point of view.

Whether that point is reached is a different story but that statement is way too generalised.

So you play support on a server that has 1k people on it even in the very early morning in EU and boasts 3-4k prime time and not only aren't you able to "find a group" you also aren't able to adapt.

Supports were never known for their fast solo xp in DAoC, because they're simply not supposed to play solo. How about you start a group yourself by inviting all those melee chars that complain about groups? Not only would you level faster yourself (like who the hell levels solo on support?) but you would also help out the community.

No matter how much xp is increased overall it will always be slow compared to proper grouping unless soloing is intentionally made faster, which in my opinion would be one of the worst things ever in a MMO.

Seriously just invite a single dps and you're good to go.

I do level in duos almost exclusively and it's ridiculously fast if done even remotely efficient. And in fact my last duo (rm/healer) was even - slowing me down - because the healer can't contribute anything worth talking about besides stun while I have to kill oranges and don't get eggs. And we still blasted through levels and pf course it was more fun together than it would've been alone.

All I see so far in this thread are problems made by players not by the rate of xp. If you're soloing as a support - on a server packed through the roof with players - you're clearly doing something wrong, namely you're not inviting others which makes you part of the grouping problem.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:29 PM by PingGuy
So something is weird. I had a bitch of a time getting through level 40 or 41 (I can't remember which one), it was a grind. XP items didn't give much exp, Phoenix Eggs did barely anything, even tasks felt like they gave less exp. Getting through 42 and 43 was not the same, it was much easier. And I wasn't doing anything different in general. I did turn in better XP items, but that shouldn't affect anything else.

I don't know if there is some kind of XP curve by level range or something, but that's what it feels like in hindsight. I lived through hell levels in EQ, and this felt similar. I remember hitting some slow points on both toons around 30 also, so maybe it's not linear. I can't explain it, but Phoenix Eggs are useful again, they move the bar without requiring an insane amount. During that slow level, I had been banking eggs for multiple levels, and turning them in did barely anything. These last two levels, I turned them in anytime I passed by my trainer, and they made a difference.

I'll keep an eye on it as I continue leveling, but maybe I was just hitting some humps.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:07 PM by MacPrior
I agree, the server needs XP Buff. Its too much grind, xp loot worked each two levels and not 1 time a level. if I give them at 35,7 and get up, I am not able to use XP item on Level 36. Why? Phoenix eggs gives also not enough XP, especially on middle or high levels.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:14 PM by Sepplord
MacPrior wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:07 PM
I agree, the server needs XP Buff. Its too much grind, xp loot worked each two levels and not 1 time a level. if I give them at 35,7 and get up, I am not able to use XP item on Level 36. Why? Phoenix eggs gives also not enough XP, especially on middle or high levels.

Turning in a stack of XP items, still calculates them as individual turn ins
so the first few turn ins were counted in lvl35, until you leveled and then the rest were counted for the new level

plan ahead, for double turn-ins or simply do the turn-ins at the start of every level

Maybe instead of stating that XP needs to change for sure, inform yourself and use the huge XP-benefits available to level fast. If you haven't grasped the concept of XP-Items, do you know about tasks in general/task-stacking and mobtype-boni?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:21 PM by MacPrior
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:14 PM
MacPrior wrote:

so the first few turn ins were counted in lvl35, until you leveled and then the rest were counted for the new level

plan ahead, for double turn-ins or simply do the turn-ins at the start of every level

Maybe instead of stating that XP needs to change for sure, inform yourself and use the huge XP-benefits available to level fast. If you haven't grasped the concept of XP-Items, do you know about tasks in general/task-stacking and mobtype-boni?

As long the NPC takes 10 items only at at once, nor 3 or 6, but 10! it should be counted 10 items were given on lvl 35, without any continuing. So, the next turn should be lvl 36.
And what is double turn-ins please?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:52 PM by Sepplord
MacPrior wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:21 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:14 PM
MacPrior wrote:

As long the NPC takes 10 items only at at once, nor 3 or 6, but 10! it should be counted 10 items were given on lvl 35, without any continuing. So, the next turn should be lvl 36.
And what is double turn-ins please?

Regarding your first point: why should it be like that? Would you think it would be better if they only accepted single turn ins, and we would have to split the stack into singles before turning them in? They don't want you to lvl to 99% in one level and then turn in a Stack of items, level up and turn in another stack. That would effectively allow you to use almost 20turn ins in a single level (while skipping turn ins in an earlier level ofcourse)

Regarding double turnins:
That's just what i call it when i was levelling. Instead of having to break of levelling every level, i planned to make "double turn ins". Aka i did my levelling thing until i was at a point in my level where i knew that turning in 10 items would almost level me, or level me on the last item. BUT NOT AFTER 9 ITEMS!!! (important, otherwise the last will already count for the next level and one item turn-in would be lost). Then i go and turn in XP items, finish missing XP with Phoenix-Eggs (really easy now since you can delve them to see the exact amount you need to turn in) and then go and turn in another XP item.

So instead of:
Turn in XP item for 6/7bubbs, lvl for 3/4bubbs, turn in XP items for 6/7, lvl for 3/4bubbs -->loop
i would:
lvl for 3/4bubbs, turn in XP items, turn in XP items, lvl for 3/4bubbs -->loop
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:53 PM by ibeturgood
XP being slow adds nothing to the game. We don't play DAoC for the pve experience. If you are the 1% that do, you aren't relevant to the health of the game anyways.
Being able to level 1-50 in the battlegrounds in a day was one of the best things live did, though it probably wouldn't work here with there being way too many people.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:19 PM by Quik
ibeturgood wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:53 PM
XP being slow adds nothing to the game. We don't play DAoC for the pve experience. If you are the 1% that do, you aren't relevant to the health of the game anyways.
Being able to level 1-50 in the battlegrounds in a day was one of the best things live did, though it probably wouldn't work here with there being way too many people.

The only problem with your 1% estimate is that I see a TON of people playing PvE because they WANT to. Feathers or Seals or just for RoG's for another toon.

Before acting like it is a vast minority try to get some of your facts straight without making jup numbers.

Lots of people like the PvE here, including myself.

The dev's have everything at a very good rate. The server population shows that so lets leave XP where its at please =)
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:39 PM by chryso
I keep having to say this in thread after thread. If that many people wanted instant 50 then one of the instant 50 shards would be booming.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:47 PM by Bustermann25
I had the similar issues when I started as well. I had well over 2 days played to reach lvl 34 on a minstrel. After running solo and dropping my stealth group I managed to reach lvl 50 relatively quickly. I've since leveled an infiltrator to lvl 48 100% solo and have logger less than 20 hours on him. Tasks, eggs, rvr tasks, xp items. Over and over and over. I rely heavily on rvr tasks post 45 as they give about .5 for each completion. Hope that helps.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:50 PM by chryso
I think the rvr task changes are going to really slow down the rvr task leveling.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:21 AM by Victos
So I just decided to delete my lvl 50 Thane in order to use the name for my RM (even though my first RM is already lvl 49, but I wanted a different hair color anyways) because the XP is so fast. 8.5 hours /played and he's 34, not a single second in a group and I was far from playing optimally.

So yeah, I still don't see where it's slow.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:05 AM by Stryves
Victos wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:21 AM
So I just decided to delete my lvl 50 Thane in order to use the name for my RM (even though my first RM is already lvl 49, but I wanted a different hair color anyways) because the XP is so fast. 8.5 hours /played and he's 34, not a single second in a group and I was far from playing optimally.

Just because it's fast for you, doesn't mean it's fast for everyone.

Oh, you're in Midgard? I'm in Hibernia, and I see no reason to change. Again, how does it hurt the server if we bump it up a little?
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:18 AM by Stryves
Victos wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:47 AM
Stryves wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:45 PM

Why would those that think it's too fast have to walk in someone else's shoes while the ones who think it's too slow are free to complain?

If it wasn't possible to hurt the server if xping was faster then this server would be instant 50. But as it is not instant 50 there thereby exists a point at which increasing xp is indeed hurting the game, at least from the developer's point of view.

Whether that point is reached is a different story but that statement is way too generalised.

So you play support on a server that has 1k people on it even in the very early morning in EU and boasts 3-4k prime time and not only aren't you able to "find a group" you also aren't able to adapt.

Supports were never known for their fast solo xp in DAoC, because they're simply not supposed to play solo. How about you start a group yourself by inviting all those melee chars that complain about groups? Not only would you level faster yourself (like who the hell levels solo on support?) but you would also help out the community.

No matter how much xp is increased overall it will always be slow compared to proper grouping unless soloing is intentionally made faster, which in my opinion would be one of the worst things ever in a MMO.

Seriously just invite a single dps and you're good to go.

I do level in duos almost exclusively and it's ridiculously fast if done even remotely efficient. And in fact my last duo (rm/healer) was even - slowing me down - because the healer can't contribute anything worth talking about besides stun while I have to kill oranges and don't get eggs. And we still blasted through levels and pf course it was more fun together than it would've been alone.

All I see so far in this thread are problems made by players not by the rate of xp. If you're soloing as a support - on a server packed through the roof with players - you're clearly doing something wrong, namely you're not inviting others which makes you part of the grouping problem.

There are many times where as a support class, no dps is interested. Happens frequently in Hibernia so I admit that it's partially a grouping issue, but it's not the always the fault of the support class. Frequently naturalists are looking for groups for hours in Hibernia...
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:19 PM by Victos
Stryves wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:05 AM
Victos wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:21 AM

Just because it's fast for you, doesn't mean it's fast for everyone.

Oh, you're in Midgard? I'm in Hibernia, and I see no reason to change. Again, how does it hurt the server if we bump it up a little?

If I'm able to level fast not playing optimally with the given system, then everyone not leveling as fast as me is simply playing even less optimal.

I've leveled Alb, I've leveled Mid, I even now added some of the chars I - deleted - because I level so fast I don't give a fuck to my signature. My RM is already 1.2 bubs before 42 and I'm still blasting through levels.

As stated before - maybe - Hibernia has several issues that don't apply do other realms, in that case that should be handled locally not globally. Maybe some things could be added to incentivize people to group no matter what and level faster, maybe promote smaller groups - I don't know. But a global XP increase? I simply doubt that's going to fix anything.

Just imagine halving the xp needed - this would put PingGuys char at 24h to lvl 38, which would STILL be ridicilously high, hell my new char is not even at 16h and I'm close to being 42 - given the current system and afking and even rvring. So he would - still - be slower with - halved xp needed - than I'm without. This alone should be enough of an indicator that it's - NOT - the base xp or the needed xp that's the problem. It's how efficiently time got used.

At 48h played you would be 49 even if you needed - one hour - per level, that includes lvl 1 to 2.

So again, it's either unefficient gameplay or grouping issues - most likely both at the same time.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:01 PM by PingGuy
It's probably a combination of factors then. Hibernia issues, plus melee characters, plus a lack of DAoC world knowledge. I mean I hit level 9 on a Theurgist with 2 hours played today, and maybe that's slow too. I changed my bind and had to run back to another town once when I wanted to turn in Phoenix Eggs. Then at level 7 or so I had to run around to figure out where the mobs that weren't grey or red or purple were, that burned like 10 minutes.

I compare stats on gear when I get a drop, to try and maintain the best set at any given time. That's fun for me, but it probably slows things down. With melee toons I find I can really only kill 2 mobs before the first one is respawning again. With the Theurgist that can be 3 or 4, but then I eventually have to sit to get mana.

I didn't take Tireless on my Blademaster until level 30 or so, had no idea I could buy it before 50, or even realize I had a point to spend. I didn't start using a bow until level 20ish, that did speed things up. As a person coming back to DAoC, who didn't have a lot of exposure the first time around, I have to learn all the things other people can do in their sleep.

My Warden was on pace to level faster than my BM until i started hitting the RvR tasks. So while I wasn't being as efficient as possible to start with, that only got worse once I stopped caring about maximizing tasks, and just spent hours running around getting a feel for RvR. He's 45.5 now, and moving along at a reasonable pace. I have to look around to find the appropriate mob types to do kill tasks, but with 153% speed and nearly perma-end that doesn't take long anymore.

In the end, I'm playing in a way that is fun for me, and that may not always be the most efficient way, even if I eventually know what that way is. If they hadn't done the egg exp increase I might be complaining a little, but this is fine as is. I wouldn't complain if they increased the egg exp again, but i don't think the exp rate is out of whack here by any means.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:57 PM by Victos
PingGuy wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:01 PM
It's probably a combination of factors then. Hibernia issues, plus melee characters, plus a lack of DAoC world knowledge. I mean I hit level 9 on a Theurgist with 2 hours played today, and maybe that's slow too. I changed my bind and had to run back to another town once when I wanted to turn in Phoenix Eggs. Then at level 7 or so I had to run around to figure out where the mobs that weren't grey or red or purple were, that burned like 10 minutes.

I compare stats on gear when I get a drop, to try and maintain the best set at any given time. That's fun for me, but it probably slows things down. With melee toons I find I can really only kill 2 mobs before the first one is respawning again. With the Theurgist that can be 3 or 4, but then I eventually have to sit to get mana.

I didn't take Tireless on my Blademaster until level 30 or so, had no idea I could buy it before 50, or even realize I had a point to spend. I didn't start using a bow until level 20ish, that did speed things up. As a person coming back to DAoC, who didn't have a lot of exposure the first time around, I have to learn all the things other people can do in their sleep.

My Warden was on pace to level faster than my BM until i started hitting the RvR tasks. So while I wasn't being as efficient as possible to start with, that only got worse once I stopped caring about maximizing tasks, and just spent hours running around getting a feel for RvR. He's 45.5 now, and moving along at a reasonable pace. I have to look around to find the appropriate mob types to do kill tasks, but with 153% speed and nearly perma-end that doesn't take long anymore.

In the end, I'm playing in a way that is fun for me, and that may not always be the most efficient way, even if I eventually know what that way is. If they hadn't done the egg exp increase I might be complaining a little, but this is fine as is. I wouldn't complain if they increased the egg exp again, but i don't think the exp rate is out of whack here by any means.

I don't know how long it took me in alb, but I had quite the lvling route in the beginning of the server for my "solo 2h paladin challenge" (someone told me 2h pala takes too much damage, which is nonsense if you know what you're doing, so I had to challenge him).

maybe I have a list of the early spots lying around still, let me see, found it, here we go:
1-4 Camelot hills
5 avalon marsh
6 quest (there is a quest in avalon marsh that gives a full level and you only need to kill 3 mobs)
7 just drop all eggs
8-9 camelot hills fading spirits
10-11 spiders in front of sauvage
12-13 ettins sauvage
14-15 grove nymph salisbury
16 eggs
17 45% from eggs, kill oeken fellwoods til 19,x and throw in eggs
you're now 20.

mind you - this list was before the buffs to eggs and mob type bonuses, so this path is not optimal by any means anymore.

Now if playing is fun for you, just take your time, there is no need to rush anything, I'm rerolling chars because of the names so yeah, who knows what rank I could've been by now but who cares, just play as you like.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 4:47 PM by PingGuy
I just hit 12 on the Theurgist and I'm still in the starting area, but stuff is going blue so I'll check the next area on your list.

One thing that is really different is that I could solo oranges by level 9, using maybe a quarter of my mana pool per fight. My BM couldn't even take oranges until the mid 20's, and had some downtime between each fight. Where as now I can do 3 or 4 oranges in a row before I see any downtime. That makes it much easier to complete kill tasks. My BM had a heck of a time when he hit 20 and blues no longer cut it for kill tasks. Adding a bow for pulling helped, but the killing and downtime were still much slower. My Warden could kill yellows easier than the BM, but oranges weren't an option until the 30's with a decent PBT.

But yeah, I'm having fun and not worried about how long it's taking to level. Thanks for the tips though, learning more about the game and the realms is part of the fun.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:31 AM by dudis
I'd say XP is pretty much where it needs to be

My skald (3rd char on mid) that i rolled monday is just about to hit 50 after about 16 hours of soloing. Any faster and it might aswell just be instant 50 tbh.

My leveling strat?

1-20 - grind
Just kill stuff with a high XP bonus. Plants, insects and that sort of mobs are pretty common on low levels.

20-40 - Start hunting quest items.
Lets say im level 24. I would then look up the next best quest-item AT MY LEVEL and hunt those until i have just enough to level up.
3 bubs + 7 tems = ding
6 bubs+4 items = ding

The ammount of quest items you need go up as you get higher level, so start to sprinkle in some tasks for the free bubs. If you are close to level and got no nearby task at the moment, turn in just enough eggs to level up. Save as many as possible for later.

I leveled 22-41 in a single evening doing this.

40-50 - More of the same but more tasks
Gather 10 quest items, then to tasks until you have enough to ding
It's a good idea to start running RvR tasks now, as you can repeat those without them requiring anything more for the next one.

When i hit level 49, I already had 10 level 49 quest-items aswell as nearly 60k eggs, so that was an instant level
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:51 AM by Victos
dudis wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:31 AM

My skald (3rd char on mid) that i rolled monday is just about to hit 50 after about 16 hours of soloing. Any faster and it might aswell just be instant 50 tbh.

My leveling strat?

1-20 - grind
Just kill stuff with a high XP bonus. Plants, insects and that sort of mobs are pretty common on low levels.

Lets say im level 24. I would then look up the next best quest-item AT MY LEVEL and hunt those until i have just enough to level up.
3 bubs + 7 tems = ding
6 bubs+4 items = ding

The ammount of quest items you need go up as you get higher level, so start to sprinkle in some tasks for the free bubs. If you are close to level and got no nearby task at the moment, turn in just enough eggs to level up. Save as many as possible for later.

It's a good idea to start running RvR tasks now, as you can repeat those without them requiring anything more for the next one.

When i hit level 49, I already had 10 level 49 quest-items aswell as nearly 60k eggs, so that was an instant level

Thanks, that's almost the strategy I do, except for one thing: Did they seriously change the need for 10 xp items to turn in? Because in the beginning it wasn't possible to turn in 7, you needed 10 and what ever was "too much" turned over to the next level.

If this is the case, as you stated, then that would make leveling for me even faster. So far I was farming 10 items for the - next - level, which meant killing oranges solo almost always.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:56 AM by dudis
Yeah you can turn in however many you please, still maximum 10 though
Fri 22 Feb 2019 11:03 AM by Sepplord
dudis wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:31 AM

My leveling strat?

1-20 - grind

3 bubs + 7 tems = ding
6 bubs+4 items = ding

completely agree with your post, but still need to say: holy cow, 16hours solo , that's crazy fast
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:12 PM by dudis
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 11:03 AM
completely agree with your post, but still need to say: holy cow, 16hours solo , that's crazy fast

It was indeed, although i have to admit i invested quite a bit in potions, being buffed all the time, sprinting everywhere and using heal-pots basically on cooldown to keep downtime to a minimum while also not worrying about my inventory being full or selling stuff.

Being my third 50, I didn't have to spend much time looking for mobs for task credit either.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 3:41 PM by PingGuy
I managed to get the Theurgist to level 25 in 8 hours and 17 minutes. That included some deaths while learning to use the pets properly. It included one PvP death in the frontiers while hunting XP items. It also included one quick stop in Emain for a realm task, to get Serenity 2, which helped a lot with leveling. There was a little time wasted running around and exploring also. This is with no memory of anything in Albion, and only ever having been in the high teens in that realm originally. I started XP items at level 13. Only did 15/15 or 31/31 kill tasks, plus one 25/25 kill in the frontiers task.

I can't complain about that. If I had started off as a caster I'd probably have a different view of the XP rate here. But after leveling the BM to 32 and then the Warden to 45.5, it had begun to feel like a slog. It's definitely easier now to see why there are such differing opinions on the XP rate here.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 4:54 PM by boom-mug
My first 50 was the slowest, it didn't really take all that long, but we didn't know about every xp item (the 10 turn ins etc) and the mob type bonus wasn't there, we also didn't quite understand the tasks.

The second one we had the xp item turn in down pat, so every level we basically did a turn in, and we also ran around and did the tasks.

The third one we had the xp item down pat, same with the tasks, and they had the mob type bonus so it was pretty laughable. I have a level 48 that I feel like I haven't XP'd at all (A level 48 paladin that has never specced shield), we'd just do a turn in each level, and farm the next turn in (which triggers the tasks), then go do some high mob type bonus mobs (which also trigger the tasks), so you get a ton of xp, probably a bubble every 30 mins ( really probably less than that) or less. If we finished the tasks we 'd be done for the day or go do rvr.

You should do the third one, because it's like 10x easier than live, maybe 15x.
Sat 23 Feb 2019 10:07 AM by Victos
dudis wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 10:56 AM
Yeah you can turn in however many you please, still maximum 10 though

Yeah, as expected that now decreased my already ridiculous playtime even further, just yesterday my brother leveled a savage (was lvl 9), so I got my RM to 49.98 so a friend of mine has "the honor of helping me to 50" (everything else except a TG raid was solo) with the next task.

So now having nothing to do I thought "hey, I'm fast enough to catch up to my brother (he was round 12-14 by now) and started a fresh skald, caught up to him by 22 and we went to kill stuff in thid at 24. After having a good time 2vx-ing in thid we got 1440rp from the new task system (don't know if that's intended or not) and were out of thid by the next death. We then continued to lvl 34 and went offline.

So yeah, casually did 1-34 yesterday by soloing 1-22 and duoing 23-34.
Sat 23 Feb 2019 10:22 PM by Tritri
scortyl wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:30 PM
i have tried making groups but when peoples don't see bombs in group they simply leave the group to be a part of another group with bombs this time .

Talking from personal experience : not true for the vast majority. Although it's happened to me twice in 50 levels
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:39 AM by scortyl
i finally hit 50 with 4 days and 8 hours of /played .
so it is not the 48 hours annonced i think , so i am still for an exp buff because i want to reroll but was so bored that i made a cleric just "to be grouped" and level up faster .
see how it feel .
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:58 AM by Afuldan
scortyl wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:39 AM
so it is not the 48 hours annonced i think , so i am still for an exp buff because i want to reroll but was so bored that i made a cleric just "to be grouped" and level up faster .
see how it feel .

What class? I leveled a Warrior in just over 48 hours /played, with a break in there to LGM salvaging. Did you go out and collect exp items when you couldn’t group, or did you sit in a PK spamming /lfg?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:11 PM by scortyl
theurgist , i was mostly solo , doing all exp items and mobs bonuses types all the time .
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:22 PM by Cwtch
DirtyAlb wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 5:12 PM
I think xp needs be faster.
1. As the initial surge of players dies down its getting harder and harder to find groups and support classes, heals, buffers etc.
2. Some classes are not preferred in groups so have a hard time of it.
3. For me this game has always been about RvR, there's much better pve games out with better graphics, content etc.
4. Sucks lfg for rvr forever because your not the needed class someone is looking for, if having some alts weren't so time consuming and brain dead painful grinds it would make it easier to have some different classes that you could get into rvr groups as needed.

5. DAOC RvR is timeless and fun, PVE however is not. Just my 2 cents

1. Xp Bff wont help this.. just means people to 50 sooner and even less xp'ing
2. that will NEVER change.. same as some aint too mfancied for rvr groups (i playt a friar )
3. each to their own you can still RVR yopu just have to pve ya way to it.. if ya want instant rvr goto the Insta 50 freeshard
4. ALL classes are viable in rvr.. if this game has ALWAYS been about the RVR for you.. then you already knew which classes are most wanted and/or better suited to RVR groups or 8 Mans. no dis-respect but if you rolled a class that isnt ussually wanted in rvr,.. then thats down to you
Thu 28 Feb 2019 12:53 AM by Victos
scortyl wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:39 AM
see how it feel .

4 days and 8 hours /played to 50 on a caster is - again - not an XP issue, it's a learn to play issue, if you're not 50 after MAX 48h (and that's already high) then you're not leveling even remotely efficient.

Leveling here is so damn easy that I just deleted a lvl 38 SB because I wanted a different race, just to reroll that SB because I didn't like my initial decision.

If I can reroll a SB because of some absolutely irrelevant stuff then it's clearly not too slow. Like damn, I'm deleting chars left and right and bring them back up in no time while you're sitting here wanting to even further increase that speed.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 12:27 AM by GXDBioHazard
i50 and call it a day. Raids a joke atm and with no sensible pve and mobs arent social, why even have boosted exp items
Sun 3 Mar 2019 12:31 AM by jhaerik
If it was any easier to level might as well make it i50.

I already 1-50 a new alt every weekend.

Already starting to worry about the 10 character cap. Waaaaaay too low.
Sun 10 Mar 2019 8:07 PM by Stryves
I'm still noticing that while this server is utterly awesome, we still could use slightly better xp as a whole. Hardcore players, sure it's "ezpz", but for others, just a bit more could change a lot.

We had a group that again refused several members, and at one point kicked a low dps member for better efficiency. Now, there's always max efficiency, but if people are getting discouraged from playing the classes they want to, then it just sucks.

I'm hardcore, I have multiple 50's, LGMs etc... This server is amazing compared to what started this game... My concern isn't today but tomorrow and I think we can do better.

When I weigh any argument it comes down to "Will this help or hinder the product". Better xp has no negative impact within reason (A level every 5 seconds would hinder).
Sun 10 Mar 2019 10:04 PM by Victos
Stryves wrote:
Sun 10 Mar 2019 8:07 PM
We had a group that again refused several members, and at one point kicked a low dps member for better efficiency. Now, there's always max efficiency, but if people are getting discouraged from playing the classes they want to, then it just sucks.

This to me sounds like a playerbase/elitism problem rather than a exp problem. If we increased xp by another 50% then this problem wouldn't disappear as using optimal classes would still be faster.

So the exp increase has to be somewhat coupled with classes that aren't desired in level groups. For example, increase the unique class bonus per unique class. Like instead of giving 5% per unique class, make the first give 5%, the second one 7%, the next one 9% or something like that. This of course is just an example with which I try to illustrate how one could go about inviting a melee rather than a second bomb. Why would anyone do it for 5% of base xp? No one would do that if mobs already give 300%, even 5% multiplicative wouldn't be enough of an incentive I guess, that's why either each unique class should give more or each class should have a specific bonus xp based on groupability.

Like some kind of "underpopulation" bonus but for classes that aren't grouped that often, so "undergrouped bonus" if you will. This bonus of course should then apply to the whole group to encourage the group to invite said classes. This bonus should - not - be active in solo play however and maybe should even be based on the number of group members.

But then again, one actually doesn't need to group. I've leveled all my chars so far with no group bigger than 3 except for a single time back when I was on albion (made like 2 lvls in the 30s with my cleric).

But I can see where newer players, especially the ones completely new to daoc, might be more hooked if they actually experienced group play and a sense of community.

But as mentioned before I doubt that's a problem of - overall - exp gain.
Sat 16 Mar 2019 8:41 AM by Dindelion
I still don't see the problem with bumping up a bit the xp rate, everyone agrees the main interest of the game is RvR, but leveling up faster is not good ? Come on.

"But I leveled so fast solo !" is another -big- problem in my opinion, right now it's utterly useless to group, atleast until lvl 30+, except for a perfect pbae setup (which is rare and doesn't last long anyway).
When you're on a xp spot to complete a collection task for exemple, it's actually better to do it solo because you get Phoenix eggs, which allows to complete the current level most of the time with a collection task. Basically there is no reason to duo with a dude already there, because even if you kill the mobs twice faster (very unlikely with half the classes utter shit in PvE), you don't get Phoenix eggs. When people will figure this out, they won't group : it has already started in my opinion, and people here have already noticed it. e.g this post : https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=29253#p29253. That's alarming if you can't play with your friends efficiently.

Making Phoenix eggs drop in a group would solve this issue and make grouping great again, and at the same time bump a bit the leveling : that would be a good first step imo.
Sat 16 Mar 2019 9:31 AM by joga
"everyone agrees"
Server stats show otherwise, with more than a quater of characters never getting above rr3. Some people do seem to enjoy leveling up and the fact that you actually had to accomplish something except clicking on a NPC to become 50 is necessary for longtime interest imo.

"Useless to group"
It's not useless. You get benefits from every other groupmember. Maybe you should start to invite different classes, than what you seem to be used to. Scouts, Nightshades, which ever not only give the whole group more exp, but also contribute to killing mobs faster.

"which is rare and doesn't last long anyway"
That's sad, if your only group experience have been that way. I do agree that oftentimes one or two people leave after sometime, especially after a wipe, but I also had twice groups that went from level 5 to 35 in one go.

"very unlikely with half the classes utter shit in PvE"
In all three realms, I can't think of any class besides Minstrel who are not performing well in PvE. Indeed compared to the SI caster classes, every class is "utter shit" as you put it and some are more suited than others for solo or group play, but your statement is simply not true.

"That's alarming if you can't play with your friends efficiently."
Efficiency doesn't mean the fastest way possible. Efficiency is not having to stop for endu reg as a fighter or getting healed up after a pull. I'd say solo play isn't even the most efficient way to level, if that's what you meant. You need exactly that, one or a few friends to group with and then filling up the remaining spots with a few of the gazillion leveling players.
Eggs don't give that much experience anyway. A bigger problem about groupplay and efficiency is not being able to hand in xp-loot at the lowest possible level, every level. That's what makes solo really fast, if you know what you're doing.

"that would be a good first step imo."
It would be the first step and it wouldn't end anywhere. Compared to Uthgard the exprate is amazing. It still feels like an accomplishment, but at the same time it's not live or Eden where PvE is practically dead.

btw, the above statements I quoted from you remind me of a certain north american politican...

just my €0,02.
Sat 16 Mar 2019 3:51 PM by Dindelion
"Server stats show otherwise, with more than a quater of characters never getting above rr3."
Maybe because those people are trying to level up lol.

"Efficiency doesn't mean the fastest way possible."
I advice you look up the definition of efficiency then.

"It's not useless. You get benefits from every other groupmember."
0 proof, simply untrue for most of the classes in PvE, it's simple maths. If you don't overcome the xp difference brought by Phoenix Eggs you would have in solo, it's useless to group.

"It would be the first step and it wouldn't end anywhere. Compared to Uthgard the exprate is amazing."
Yeah compared to 2001 too, you know Uthgard failed hard right ?

See, it's easy to quote statements, but I'm nice I actually gave you fair answers instead of pulling them out of my ass.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics