new patcher detected as virus

Started 16 Feb 2019
by pinhead65
in Support Center
Started phoenix, was quickpatcher and avast went bananas.
https://imgur.com/a/bZMxWFX

IIts just blocks phoenix.exe...

Update:
And now the game does not start at all... not even user/pass screen...

Update. Ive downloaded again launcher now i can start, but dunno what will happen if patcher start again
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:08 AM by Vallyn
I'm having the same issue. Have updated and run virus scan, maleware bytes and CC cleaner and everything has come back clean. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:18 AM by Nuggl
the same here. After starting Phoenix.exe "checking files" isn´t loading. It starts again and again, but isn´t loading until the end.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:24 AM by Lothemdrean
same problem here. download the launcher again and avast stop cry but game.dll stuck in task manager also needs more and more RAM each try to start the game.

AVG also said virus detected
Sat 16 Feb 2019 1:36 PM by Brymmi
ok so this has apparently been going on for hours now.. anybody going to respond eventually?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:45 PM by Quik
It has been mentioned in a few threads but Avast and Mcafee are 2 of the worst things you can put on your computer. I know multiple people in this game that can't run it because of one of those.

Once they deleted them (FYI both those virus protections are worthless and actually infest your computer with adware garbage), they ran everything fine.

Get rid of them and let windows Defender run in the background, not only is it faster and runs with windows better, it is a lot better at virus protection then both the others combined.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:11 PM by loki3050
My AVG just did the same thing
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:16 PM by Quik
Free antivirus protection of all kind make their money by dumping adware onto your computer when you install it.

Defender is part of Windows and has zero issues with what everyone trying to use free antivirus programs from what I have seen.

Defender is free in that you just need windows to have it.

Microsoft spends more on Defender then what Avast/Avg/every other free virus protection combined are worth.

I am not a Microsoft employee and I understand a lot of people hate Microsoft...but seriously, get rid of the free garbage and just use Defender w/ firewall it is SO much better.

The reason I am saying this is because I had these EXACT issues a few years ago before a tech friend came over and cleaned my computer and showed me all the garbage that avast and mcafee had dumped on my system.

Then he explained Defender and why it works better then any of these especially if you use a good adware product (defender does NOT help with adware) and my computer has run flawless since.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics