Please Add Speed of the Hunt for BPs

Started 13 Feb 2019
by secrain
in Suggestions
Add Speed of Hunt item from BP merchant like it was on official classic server back in the days.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:47 AM by Sepplord
there is literally another thread with that itemname as title, just a few post below yours...

0/10, you didn't even get the "1 for effort"
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:10 PM by Quik
secrain wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:46 PM
Add Speed of Hunt item from BP merchant like it was on official classic server back in the days.

So I have stated this many times in the past, and I could easily let this go but I want to make sure my voice is heard also...

Thank goodness the GM's ALREADY stated numerous times they will NEVER add speed pots or charges or horses to RvR in ANY form.

If you want speed, then play with a duo friend with speed or play a speed class.

Stop trying to water the classes down to one class with all the benefits...
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:18 PM by relvinian
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:10 PM
secrain wrote:

So I have stated this many times in the past, and I could easily let this go but I want to make sure my voice is heard also...

Thank goodness the GM's ALREADY stated numerous times they will NEVER add speed pots or charges or horses to RvR in ANY form.

If you want speed, then play with a duo friend with speed or play a speed class.

Well this won't do any harm then. Suggestions = bad? That might be harmful.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:51 PM by Quik
relvinian wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:18 PM
Quik wrote:
secrain wrote:

Well this won't do any harm then. Suggestions = bad? That might be harmful.

Suggestions themselves aren't bad...asking for the same thing over and over when they have been so crystal clear that they won't do it...that starts to get old and I would bet the dev's get tired of hearing people asking for something they already said no too. (Game streaming comes to mind)
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:27 PM by defiasbandit
Why not have this item in the game? Make it cost BPs and it can have a recharge cost.

Who does this negatively effect if this item is added? How does it mess with the balance of RvR? This item makes the game way more playable for many classes.

Why are we using speed mechanics from 2001, when that was always one of the biggest and most imbalanced aspects of the game.

We are asking for small QoL. An item you can charge up and use for when you are in the middle of the frontiers moving like a snail. Its about catering to more players and playstyles. That is how you keep your population.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:40 PM by Quik
defiasbandit wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:27 PM
Why not have this item in the game? Make it cost BPs and it can have a recharge cost.

Who does this negatively effect if this item is added? How does it mess with the balance of RvR? This item makes the game way more playable for many classes.

Why are we using speed mechanics from 2001, when that was always one of the biggest and most imbalanced aspects of the game.

We are asking for small QoL. An item you can charge up and use for when you are in the middle of the frontiers moving like a snail. Its about catering to more players and playstyles. That is how you keep your population.

I understand QoL to help people, but I am VERY MUCH against adding things to classes that didn't have them.

Yes I know it may not be much of a speed boost, but is still a speed boost. Stealthers weren't meant to have speed boosts and I personally don't want to have to worry about them having more speed with all the tools they already have.

Get a speed class friend to help you out but please, do not take from one class to help another class that DOESN'T need it.

Also your point of population is not a good one considering the population here is growing. I have a feeling most people may find it a nuisance but aren't worried about it considering the amount of stealthers in the game now.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 7:44 PM by defiasbandit
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:40 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:27 PM

I understand QoL to help people, but I am VERY MUCH against adding things to classes that didn't have them.

Yes I know it may not be much of a speed boost, but is still a speed boost. Stealthers weren't meant to have speed boosts and I personally don't want to have to worry about them having more speed with all the tools they already have.

Get a speed class friend to help you out but please, do not take from one class to help another class that DOESN'T need it.

Also your point of population is not a good one considering the population here is growing. I have a feeling most people may find it a nuisance but aren't worried about it considering the amount of stealthers in the game now.

Your attitude is why these servers die and why DAOC died. But ok. What negatives are there to adding this item? What is the point of making players walk around the frontiers without any form of speed? Makes no sense. Moving around the frontiers without speed is a flawed concept. This is about making the server population as big as possible.

This server is not Classic DAOC. The leveling, raiding, traveling etc.. was all redone and more.. Why? Because they were slow and tedious. Walking around the frontiers without speed is just as ridiculous.

Using the speed mechanics from 2001? It's laughable. It's wrong. Mythic even admitted how stupid it is. It's like if in World of Warcraft onlycertain classes got mounts, and then others got nothing and had to walk.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:01 PM by Quik
Yep I take full responsibility for the game dying =).

I love that since I have a different opinion I am the one that is wrong and the server will fail because of it.

Or, if you want to go to the extreme, maybe NOT having these speed items and everything else that I have been so vehement in fighting, maybe that is what is making the server thrive and actually GAIN population. You won't accept the possibility because you already have it in your mind that every class needs the same buffs and every class needs speed and after you get that then every class will need a root and base dd...then a stun/mez...

Sorry but it is never ending with players like you. As soon as you get what you want then you want more.

Player: I want buff pots!
Pheonix: Ok here ya go

Player: 10 charges wont work for me since I solo, I need more charges!
Pheonix: Ok here is a draught with 100 charges.

Player: Thanks! Wait I solo so 10 minute charge isn't enough! I need 20 minutes since that is what the buffs last for in game!
Pheonix: Umm no, 10 minutes is all you get
Player: !!!! Soloers can't compete!

Player: I feel to slow, now I need speed pots or items
Pheonix: Look, we already said no to this, no means no.
Player: But...but...I solo! I should be able to do what groups do! It isn't fair and the server will die.
Pheonix server gains 1000 people in first month.
Player: Well...it'll die eventually! And the lack of speed for soloers will be the cause! And Quik!!! That damn Quik is to blame for everything!

Thanks Pheonix for drawing a line somewhere on this.

Groups get more bonuses then soloers because they have more classes to fill in the gaps. Soloers CHOOSE to solo and give up these bonuses so stop acting like the game is against you when it was never designed FOR you in the first place.

I am all for helping soloers with areas to fight other soloers and small groups but I will NEVER be for giving soloers special abilities just because you solo.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:04 PM by defiasbandit
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:01 PM

I love that since I have a different opinion I am the one that is wrong and the server will fail because of it.

Or, if you want to go to the extreme, maybe NOT having these speed items and everything else that I have been so vehement in fighting, maybe that is what is making the server thrive and actually GAIN population. You won't accept the possibility because you already have it in your mind that every class needs the same buffs and every class needs speed and after you get that then every class will need a root and base dd...then a stun/mez...

Sorry but it is never ending with players like you. As soon as you get what you want then you want more.

Player: Thanks! Wait I solo so 10 minute charge isn't enough! I need 20 minutes since that is what the buffs last for in game!

Player: But...but...I solo! I should be able to do what groups do! It isn't fair and the server will die.
Player: Well...it'll die eventually! And the lack of speed for soloers will be the cause! And Quik!!! That damn Quik is to blame for everything!

Groups get more bonuses then soloers because they have more classes to fill in the gaps. Soloers CHOOSE to solo and give up these bonuses so stop acting like the game is against you when it was never designed FOR you in the first place.

I am all for helping soloers with areas to fight other soloers and small groups but I will NEVER be for giving soloers special abilities just because you solo.

These changes don't affect group play. That is why they are good. Trying to defend the speed mechanics from 2001 DAOC is pathetic. Groups have tons of advantages solos never have. Try 7 teammates for starters.

Not adding more QoL to speed is an oversight. Giving huge advantages to groups and 1-2 classes is terrible design. Nobody makes games like this nowadays for a reason.

Imagine in World of Warcaft if only 3 classes got Mounts and 1 class got an Epic mount and the other 9 classes had to walk on foot. That's literally dark age of camelot.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:42 PM by cuuchulain79
I'll chime in here....

I was really excited when i heard about a new freeshard...and over the past couple days I've been reading through specifics of changes...and i have to say, Phoenix (which I truly am grateful for and want to see be a success for a long time) has some pretty gosh darn conservative settings.

First of all, I'll just say, yes...please add Speed of the Hunt! All it does is make solo'ing feel more viable...95% of the time soloing is just roaming, waiting for buffs to expire, and reclicking the 10 min pots (ok, I was a bit surprised it's still 10 min pots here)...all a bit more speed does is let you cover more ground in that time...plus most classes that need range to kill, can insta drop speed (is that right? even a basic dex debuff will drop speed immediately here)

On Uthgard, it was really painful to solo unless you rolled skald/minst/stealther...even battlebard was more viable than anything else...ok, and maybe sorc if you were over rr5. As new and interesting as Phoenix is...those are really the only classes to play solo here too.

If I'm completely honest, it's easier to solo on a tank on Uthgard atm (obviously a solo tank will make more RP here though lol)...10 min buff pots, no source of any speed increase, but no cap to Longwind, and endo 4 pots. A solo tank here is absolutely stuck with 4 end regen, and LW1...I really don't get that...soloing on a melee requires you to sprint and regain enough endo for styles...and that is impossible here.

There's more things I'm a bit perplexed by...but I'm guessing these things just take time to iron out.

I'm a bit worried if there are already issues that are "not up for reevaluation."

PS Also...why no charge? And why this 3 second style window in melee? Ok...I'm rambling!

TLDR +1 for speed of hunt!
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:44 PM by cuuchulain79
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:01 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk here...but you could basically copy paste this post into a player defending Uthgards 1 charge pots of 2017.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:48 PM by Quik
The difference is, Pheonix has changed a lot and added a ton of QoL improvements that Uth refused to even consider.

Most of the QoL features here are not going to affect or take away from certain classes. Buff pots IMHO do still reduce certain self buffing classes and hurts them, but I don't play them much so they can fight there own battles on those, but speed pots are game effecting in a bad way and this will be debated for years. If Pheonix continues to do well, people who want speed items will just keep saying it is doom and gloom, and if it fails then these same people will blame it on not having speed items.

Personally, I look at Pheonix and se a server that even with all the bans and all the people whining in game when they get muted in /advice because they don't understand religion/politics aren't allowed, the game continues to grow and has tons of activity.

I happen to be lucky that most of the QoL things here are things I love and I am very lucky the dev's have taken a line on things like speed pots/charges and said they will never happen. I think they are bad for the game just like buffbots/buff merchants.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:45 PM by cuuchulain79
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:48 PM
The difference is, Pheonix has changed a lot and added a ton of QoL improvements that Uth refused to even consider.

<snip>

Obviously that's true on a large scale...but when it comes to wanting to have a bit of fun solo...the two servers are remarkably similar....no speed...juggling lots of 10 min charges and pots, etc. Given that, I wouldn't anticipate any different solo game here...that is...there won't be any...unless you're happy ganking xp'ers as a skald/minst...or playing a stealther.

Even just the placebo affect of having a 25% run bonus would probably help to get more people out roaming around late at night.

Anyway...is this really that locked out here? It feels so obvious what will happen if nothing changes...
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:04 PM by Quik
Well Uthred is one of the GM's that answers most of the questions about the game and he has come out and said that horses might be put in the game for PvE only but that they would never be allowed in RvR, and he also said in previous posts in beta that speed charges/pots would never be allowed here.

For me that is great news but I know I might be in the minority, I just hate the idea of it and it ruined the game for me in live and other servers...

Having said that, who knows what they might do in the future or if they might change their minds. I certainly hope not, but for those who want this my only piece of advice is, be careful how much you push it.

I like Uthred a lot from what I have read of his posts and how he explains things and I find myself agreeing with almost all of his ideas, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person that takes well to people constantly begging for something they said no too. Threads tend to get locked.

The only way I personally would ever vote for speed charges/pots is if stealthers get nerfed dramatically. Right now Envenom is way OP and stupidly powerful. Being able to /switch weapons and hit with 8 weapon poison procs in what...12 seconds? Sorry but that is just stupid.

Bring stealthers back to how they were meant to be, meaning killing clothies or healer classes 1v1 and I am more open, but the fact they can 1v1 almost any class in the game? No thanks, that wasn't how they were meant to work and on live I never had to worry about stealthers on ANY of my light tanks or tanks. Here, they can pop out, hit with multiple poison procs and vanish before most people can even react. I don't consider that a fun aspect of RvR.

Until then, plz, no speed charges or pots.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:11 PM by relvinian
Quik you are still just one player in a discussion forum.

You get your opinion and so do other people.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:35 PM by Quik
relvinian wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:11 PM
Quik you are still just one player in a discussion forum.

You get your opinion and so do other people.

Of course I am, unfortunately for you they are quite clear about never adding items like this. You were here in beta as well as I was, I remember them saying numerous times they would never add speed boosts of any kind in RvR.

I have NEVER once told people they don't have a right to post here, but at the same time, I have a right to post my own opinion on it.

I agree with you on a lot of things, we just happen to be at opposite ends of the spectrum on this.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:43 AM by cuuchulain79
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:35 PM
I remember them saying numerous times they would never add speed boosts of any kind in RvR.

I totally get that they have their vision of what they want Phoenix to be...and I respect that.

I just find it bizarre that at the end of the day, for somebody who wants to go have some fun goofing off solo...it's basically the same QoL as Uthgard...if not less in the case of tanks who cannot sprint and regain endo to style. Literally in 2 years of roaming Uthgard I can remember maybe two dozen fights against a class other than skald/stealther....there was basically no solo game....even after the RP bonus for solo/duo/trio zone...

I really find it hard to expect giving the same player base the same setting and expecting a different outcome.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 2:03 AM by defiasbandit
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:42 PM
I'll chime in here....

I was really excited when i heard about a new freeshard...and over the past couple days I've been reading through specifics of changes...and i have to say, Phoenix (which I truly am grateful for and want to see be a success for a long time) has some pretty gosh darn conservative settings.

First of all, I'll just say, yes...please add Speed of the Hunt! All it does is make solo'ing feel more viable...95% of the time soloing is just roaming, waiting for buffs to expire, and reclicking the 10 min pots (ok, I was a bit surprised it's still 10 min pots here)...all a bit more speed does is let you cover more ground in that time...plus most classes that need range to kill, can insta drop speed (is that right? even a basic dex debuff will drop speed immediately here)

On Uthgard, it was really painful to solo unless you rolled skald/minst/stealther...even battlebard was more viable than anything else...ok, and maybe sorc if you were over rr5. As new and interesting as Phoenix is...those are really the only classes to play solo here too.

If I'm completely honest, it's easier to solo on a tank on Uthgard atm (obviously a solo tank will make more RP here though lol)...10 min buff pots, no source of any speed increase, but no cap to Longwind, and endo 4 pots. A solo tank here is absolutely stuck with 4 end regen, and LW1...I really don't get that...soloing on a melee requires you to sprint and regain enough endo for styles...and that is impossible here.

There's more things I'm a bit perplexed by...but I'm guessing these things just take time to iron out.

I'm a bit worried if there are already issues that are "not up for reevaluation."

PS Also...why no charge? And why this 3 second style window in melee? Ok...I'm rambling!

TLDR +1 for speed of hunt!

The way speed works on this server is a mistake. Speed of the Hunt should be in teh game at the very least. We are not asking for much. I am just as shocked as you are that this sever does away with so much of Classic DAOC, by replacing it with tons of QoL, yet leaves speed the way it was.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 2:11 AM by defiasbandit
Quik wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:04 PM
Well Uthred is one of the GM's that answers most of the questions about the game and he has come out and said that horses might be put in the game for PvE only but that they would never be allowed in RvR, and he also said in previous posts in beta that speed charges/pots would never be allowed here.

For me that is great news but I know I might be in the minority, I just hate the idea of it and it ruined the game for me in live and other servers...

Having said that, who knows what they might do in the future or if they might change their minds. I certainly hope not, but for those who want this my only piece of advice is, be careful how much you push it.

I like Uthred a lot from what I have read of his posts and how he explains things and I find myself agreeing with almost all of his ideas, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person that takes well to people constantly begging for something they said no too. Threads tend to get locked.

The only way I personally would ever vote for speed charges/pots is if stealthers get nerfed dramatically. Right now Envenom is way OP and stupidly powerful. Being able to /switch weapons and hit with 8 weapon poison procs in what...12 seconds? Sorry but that is just stupid.

Bring stealthers back to how they were meant to be, meaning killing clothies or healer classes 1v1 and I am more open, but the fact they can 1v1 almost any class in the game? No thanks, that wasn't how they were meant to work and on live I never had to worry about stealthers on ANY of my light tanks or tanks. Here, they can pop out, hit with multiple poison procs and vanish before most people can even react. I don't consider that a fun aspect of RvR.

Until then, plz, no speed charges or pots.

How does adding Speed of the Hunt for bounty points ruin the game for you and others? please enlighten me. Assassins should be toned down here I agree. Obviously, speed of the hunt wouldnt work in stealth. They are obviously a bit too strong here.

30 classes in this game do not have speed. Why is that a good thing? Speed is so important for RvR. Why does this server use speed mechanics from 2001? What is the point of limiting and hurting so many playstyles.

The more group forced this server is, the less players will stick around. That is reality.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:06 AM by mhenfhis
yeah i already posted it here... https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4937&p=31489#p31489

But ppl seems to dont like it :/
Sun 17 Feb 2019 1:40 PM by secrain
Quik wrote:
secrain wrote:

Why are they so against a speed consumable? I thought this server was all about some QoL?

O_o Weird. Whatever.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:53 PM by relvinian
I make that run to hadriens quite a few times. Speed would help some. All the realms need a little help to get to certain areas where there is no portal.

It can be done as is. It isn't that bad. Perma sprint and hastener helps.

I think a discussion is fine for alternatives for solos but i don't think it is the end of the world if we don't get any change.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics