Skalds can destroy minstrels. How to win??

Started 13 Feb 2019
by joeyrobots
in RvR
Phew! LOL. I'm a 50 minstrel, near tempd gear. I've not been able to successfully solo a skald @ 50 yet, irrespective of RvR Rank. IE, the other day: I get shouted for over 300, hit for over 300, mezzed, shouted for over 300 then hit for 300 again. One time I got shouted/hit/mezzed - so I purged and SOS'd, then I got SoS'd chased down - got shouted - and by then I couldn't move any further. (Both cases I didn't have a pet - and thats on me.)

I'm not all-knowing but the only strategy I could think of to beat an incompetent skald (emphasis on incompetent but the class is so simple I'm not sure if they exist) obviously has to include a situation where I get the jump and I have a pet. But it just seems like I'm having to do so much more thinking than a skald would ever have to do. I imagine I'd have to pet kite, hope my stun and mez don't get resisted, hope that purge is up or that I have some movement speed pots available to stay out of shout distance. Anyone got any advice or wisdom?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:53 PM by Bustermann25
I'm in the same boat, I ran into a skald in pennine a couple days ago and had a lvl 58 barguest pet. I got the jump hit the skald for 189(-67) lvl 50 DD resisted he mezzed my pet I stunned the skald, stun lasted like 3 seconds, mez was interrupted and he hit me with snare and proceeded to crush me for 250+ a swing from his hammer and his DDs hit for close to 600 combined and I was dead. I think the combination of det and quick access to purge has really hurt the minstrel in terms of soloability but it may just be me. I'm not a great player by any stretch.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:05 PM by Isavyr
Why is a warrior-minstrel (Skald) beating a rogue-minstrel (Minstrel) a problem?

Why should the minstrel have the upperhand? This premise isn't clear to me.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:15 PM by Kampfar
Get oj pet , Win and stop QQ
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:32 PM by joshisanonymous
Your advantages against a skald are greater range on your mez, a ranged stun, and pets. Use the first two to keep the skald at a distance. Use the last one to kill the skald. If the skald mezzes your pet, try to CC and then demez. And try not to use just any old mob as your pet; some mobs make really good pets and others don't (e.g., frost stallions do great damage, ellyl sages have heals and do good ranged damage, at least they always have on live, not sure here). You certainly won't win all the time, but you should have a decent chance when you have a pet.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:18 AM by Sepplord
Bustermann25 wrote: he mezzed my pet

joshisanonymous wrote: If the skald mezzes your pet, try to CC and then demez

Afaik Minstrel's and their pet's are basically immune to roots/mezzes because releasing the pet removes all those CC'S from the pet and makes the pet hit the minstrel (which in turn removes CC from minstrel)

So don't ever demezz your pet, release and recharm it.

And if you get mezzed yourself, release the pet, it breaks CC on you and recharm it
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:32 AM by razzim
releasing the pet is possible while mezzed? if so, this should be changed to being impossible.
i don’t see why minstrels should be immune to mezz (and root).
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:53 AM by Sepplord
i hope i am not spreading misinformation, i haven't tested it myself

just heard many QQ complaints about "Mezz-immune" minstrels
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:02 AM by thurisaz
joeyrobots wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:37 PM
Phew! LOL. I'm a 50 minstrel, near tempd gear. I've not been able to successfully solo a skald @ 50 yet, irrespective of RvR Rank. IE, the other day: I get shouted for over 300, hit for over 300, mezzed, shouted for over 300 then hit for 300 again. One time I got shouted/hit/mezzed - so I purged and SOS'd, then I got SoS'd chased down - got shouted - and by then I couldn't move any further. (Both cases I didn't have a pet - and thats on me.)

I'm not all-knowing but the only strategy I could think of to beat an incompetent skald (emphasis on incompetent but the class is so simple I'm not sure if they exist) obviously has to include a situation where I get the jump and I have a pet. But it just seems like I'm having to do so much more thinking than a skald would ever have to do. I imagine I'd have to pet kite, hope my stun and mez don't get resisted, hope that purge is up or that I have some movement speed pots available to stay out of shout distance. Anyone got any advice or wisdom?

uh yeah....minst with no pet why would you even post this[love]? without a pet a minst is the same as a skald aka tankstrel, with 1h weapon - your Insta stun is better tho + your dds . petstrel ftw! , not hard to beat skalds, you can cast mez while being hit so its not like you need Insta mez with stun, minst 10x better.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:15 PM by Zansobar
thurisaz wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:02 AM
joeyrobots wrote:

uh yeah....minst with no pet why would you even post this shit? without a pet a minst is the same as a skald aka tankstrel, with 1h weapon - your Insta stun is better tho + your dds . petstrel ftw! , not hard to beat skalds, you can cast mez while being hit so its not like you need Insta mez with stun, minst 10x better.

So a Minstrel finally found a class they can't beat 100% of the time in 1v1?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:29 PM by Dimir
razzim wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:32 AM
releasing the pet is possible while mezzed? if so, this should be changed to being impossible.

It has always worked this way.

My advice to OP: Get fully temped and use a pet you can handle at your RR.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:31 PM by Tritri
razzim wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:32 AM

lol at the "this should be changed !"

To be more precise, when you are mezzed, you can't maintain your charm song (like any other pulse effect), so your pet will be released whether you want it or not
Then it hits you
And you instant recharm it

Is it strong ? Yes, very strong indeed

Should it be changed ?
No, why would it ?

Anyway, we shouldn't balance class around 1v1 and we shouldn't NOT balance class around a random encounter by someone playing half his class. Seriously, a minstrel without pet ? You should only kill the skald by throwing pets at him and recharming new ones xD
Yes, you died, and if you won without pet maybe the mins would have needed a nerf ^^
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:59 PM by opossum12
joeyrobots wrote:

step 1 : get a temp
step 2 : you are a minstrel, without a pet you are worthless. This is very important you understand that. You are not 50% of a minstrel without a pet, you are 0% of a minstrel. Never ever ever go out without a pet.
step 3 : If the skald reaches you you lost. The whole purpose of a minstrel with flute mezz, insta stun, pet, cc immunity, sos, etc. is for you to never get touched.

Simple mechanics:
- pet charm : Use it to break cc on your pet and on you. If your pet is mezzed/rooted, release it and it clears the cc on the pet. If you are mezzed/rooted, release your pet and it will come smack you, release you from your cc.
- Flute mezz : When doing flute mezz, you only need LoS at the beginning and at the end of the song. So you start your flute mezz when the skald is in LoS, then you run away, and when the song is about to end you mouse-turn quickly to land your mezz.

The minstrel has all the tools to never get touched. If they finally reach you? insta stun and run away.

You keep distance and cycle your DD to do damage with your pet beating on the skald, if he gets too close you flute mezz/insta stun, get distance, rinse and repeat.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:27 PM by chryso
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:59 PM
If your pet is mezzed/rooted, release it and it clears the cc on the pet.

Wait, this is a thing? That hardly seems fair.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:29 PM by opossum12
chryso wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:27 PM
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:59 PM
If your pet is mezzed/rooted, release it and it clears the cc on the pet.

Wait, this is a thing? That hardly seems fair.

Game was release in 2001, so it's been like this for 18 years.... the mentalist has the same charm mechanic.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:37 PM by chryso
I never played either class at a RVR level. However long it has been, it seems a bit OP.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:39 PM by opossum12
It is very strong. This is what makes the minstrel the toughest 1v1 class. Honesly you shouldn't be losing a lot of 1v1 fights on a Minstrel once you understand and really control the different mechanics of the class. That is where most people fail, is getting all the tools in the package right.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:58 PM by Luluko
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:39 PM
It is very strong. This is what makes the minstrel the toughest 1v1 class. Honesly you shouldn't be losing a lot of 1v1 fights on a Minstrel once you understand and really control the different mechanics of the class. That is where most people fail, is getting all the tools in the package right.

the thing with minstrel is here and I played one a lot on ywain, that you dont have 2 active chants here, you cant run speed and charm the pet without switching all the time so a minstrel which does that will sooner or later drop speed or has to use hastener/sprint only to keep the pet or use some kind of macro which is allowed here but I am too dumb for that. And thats the whole reason why I didnt make one here. Skald is just more convenient even tho the pet demezz is pretty much a free cc purge against anything which isnt a stun. Also skald got 20%body resist chant which he hopefully uses vs a minstrel to weaken the dds/stun duration also skald got parry and minstrel not. So without a pet you can pretty much sit down 1vs1 if the skald is on an even playingfield. I am kinda surprised they didnt make a custom change here to get the perma charm for minstrel which is on live that one cant break and demezz/deroot you but it would be more convenient for sure even tho you can only use yellow con pets with that but guess some elylls would still be very strong and prlly thats the reason why and you could also stealth with that charm, whats not possible with the chant.

And the advice I give to the threadmaker use your stun and mezz and snare styles and time it right to get as many dds out as possible and use your range on mezz and use a pet if you want to fight something 1vs1, minstrel is a pain in the ass to play if you want to be more than a stunbot. I think if I would play alb I would rather play sorc than minstrel at least the pet/speed isnt such a pain in the ass there, as minstrel you prlly always need someone to duo with or you have to go stealth and only kill solo casters and xpers.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:58 PM by joeyrobots
[/quote]
uh yeah....minst with no pet why would you even post this shit?
[/quote]

(Weird flex but ok.)
A lot of dope insight here. I was fishing for information and I got it. Peace to ya'll and specifically those who offered their insight. I would be limited to my own knowledge and wouldn't know others perspectives on the class or strategies unless I asked.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:17 AM by Eckso
Unfortunately, even with a Oj, Red, or Purple con pet, the Skald still has the upper hand, especially now with new frontiers RAs. You don't have 60 secs SoS that doesn't break with damage. You don't have 100% IP. You don't have Avoid Pain, and all those old RAs that made high rank Minstrels the Monsters they were.

The Skald has access to instant Body resist, which will decrease your Minstrels Shout damage. They have access to Two Hand hammer, arguably the best style line in the entire game, with an amazing anytime style, and side and back snares, parry stun, all of which complement the Skalds kit.

As a Minstrel your only option versus a Skald is to keep him at range, and let your pet do 90% of the work. Get off as many DDs as you can, and kite kite kite. Once the Skald gets in close, it will be nigh impossible to kite him again, and the Skald DPS is greater than Minstrel.

In the end, both classes are very close, and the player will make or break the fight, but on paper the Skald is superior in my opinion.

Good luck!
-Eckso
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:24 PM by Dariussdars
Eckso wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:17 AM
Unfortunately, even with a Oj, Red, or Purple con pet, the Skald still has the upper hand, especially now with new frontiers RAs. You don't have 60 secs SoS that doesn't break with damage. You don't have 100% IP. You don't have Avoid Pain, and all those old RAs that made high rank Minstrels the Monsters they were.

The Skald has access to instant Body resist, which will decrease your Minstrels Shout damage. They have access to Two Hand hammer, arguably the best style line in the entire game, with an amazing anytime style, and side and back snares, parry stun, all of which complement the Skalds kit.

As a Minstrel your only option versus a Skald is to keep him at range, and let your pet do 90% of the work. Get off as many DDs as you can, and kite kite kite. Once the Skald gets in close, it will be nigh impossible to kite him again, and the Skald DPS is greater than Minstrel.

In the end, both classes are very close, and the player will make or break the fight, but on paper the Skald is superior in my opinion.

Good luck!
-Eckso
Minstrel DPS is a lot higher with a red or orange pet wailing on the Skald at the same time.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 5:30 PM by lefo
Well, im my humble opinion, minstrel has nothing on skald, because minstel does no real dmg. Minstell has all the tools possible but cant fight properly. But that insta stun is nasty tho.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:06 PM by Cen
Skald is a class that kills
Minstrel isnt a killing class

So skald kills minstrel. Duh.

Bards heal better then both of them :p
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:47 AM by tsteken
So there is 2 classes now that can beat minstrel, other being BD. A sad that that the minstrel jerks cannot kill everyone on sight.
I guess thats why Bit is still roaming yggdra and uppland at rr6 killing lowbies.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:22 PM by Druth
It would be terribly wrong if skalds didn't destroy minstrels.

Minstrel is a very high utility class, skald has speed as only real utility, rest is damage related.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:07 PM by Ajvar
Just a heads up,frost stallions were bugged,dunno if they changed it in last week or so.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:29 PM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:24 PM
Minstrel DPS is a lot higher with a red or orange pet wailing on the Skald at the same time.

They don't move faster than normal walking speed.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:44 PM by Quik
teiloh wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:29 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:24 PM

They don't move faster than normal walking speed.

Good, and as it should be.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:59 PM by Brokenstring
It seems like on paper, the Skald is the easiest class to solo with, and also probably the strongest just simply due to the massive 2H damage + shouts they can dish out. They have huge initial burst damage, and good consistent melee damage.

CC is much weaker on Phoenix than Uthgard it seems like with Purge 35 and Determination 20, etc. This hurts the Minstrel and Sorcerer more so than the Skald.

The Sorcerer is probably an easier class to play than the Minstrel if you want to play a visible solo on Phoenix. No twisting and charm/song management for a sorcerer, and instantly makes them less of a pain due to that. Slower speed, but 154% + perma-sprint is good enough to get away from anything but Skald or Bard.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:27 PM by teiloh
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:44 PM

The point is, they don't do "massive DPS" unless the Skald is standing still. This is why you should read messages before interjecting.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:33 PM by Quik
teiloh wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:27 PM
Quik wrote:

The point is, they don't do "massive DPS" unless the Skald is standing still. This is why you should read messages before interjecting.

???

I never said anything to any of the messages other than "Good" because I don't think a Minstrel pet SHOULD move faster than walk speed so I'm not sure about how I should read msgs before interjecting? And I certainly never said Minnies can do massive DPS.

If you want my opinion I personally think a Skald should demolish a Minstrel most of the time.

Your talking light tank type class with speed and some utility compared to a stealthier class that can wear chain.

Minnies can destroy most classes in the game 1v1 so I'm not sure why people are upset that the Skald is one of the few that can destroy them.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:41 PM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:27 PM
Quik wrote:

So is the Skald sprinting while fighting the Minstrel? WTH does pet not moving faster than walking speed have to do with Minstrel DPS?
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:43 PM by Dariussdars
tsteken wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:47 AM
So there is 2 classes now that can beat minstrel, other being BD. A sad that that the minstrel jerks cannot kill everyone on sight.
I guess thats why Bit is still roaming yggdra and uppland at rr6 killing lowbies.

I actively search for that coward when I see his kill spam. He will literally run from every single 1 on 1 fight that he knows isn't a lower level xping.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:56 AM by teiloh
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:33 PM
I never said anything to any of the messages other than "Good" because I don't think a Minstrel pet SHOULD move faster than walk speed so I'm not sure about how I should read msgs before interjecting? And I certainly never said Minnies can do massive DPS.

If you want my opinion I personally think a Skald should demolish a Minstrel most of the time.

Your talking light tank type class with speed and some utility compared to a stealthier class that can wear chain.

Minnies can destroy most classes in the game 1v1 so I'm not sure why people are upset that the Skald is one of the few that can destroy them.

One of the lowest skill classes in the game should always lose to a well-played Minstrel and win against average ones, perhaps.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:03 AM by Quik
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:56 AM
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:33 PM

One of the lowest skill classes in the game should always lose to a well-played Minstrel and win against average ones, perhaps.

A well skilled minstrel will beat an average skald most of the time...but a well played skald should almost always beat a well played minstrel.

The "skill" argument is just dumb. ANY well played class has a chance to beat an average played class.

Just because a Skald takes less skill does not mean a Minstrel should automatically beat it because it happens to take more skill.

A savage takes a lot more skill to play than a hero but I am still taking the hero to win that fight most of the time because it is designed to.

A skald just has the right tools against a minstrel. Not many other classes do, so a Skald just happens to stand out in this situation.

Are you seriously saying a Minstrel should beat every class in the game just because it is well played? If that's the case then everyone might as well give up and move to alb.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:07 AM by teiloh
Quik wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:03 AM

A well skilled minstrel will beat an average skald most of the time...but a well played skald should almost always beat a well played minstrel.

The "skill" argument is just dumb. ANY well played class has a chance to beat an average played class.

Just because a Skald takes less skill does not mean a Minstrel should automatically beat it because it happens to take more skill.

A savage takes a lot more skill to play than a hero but I am still taking the hero to win that fight most of the time because it is designed to.

A skald just has the right tools against a minstrel. Not many other classes do, so a Skald just happens to stand out in this situation.

Are you seriously saying a Minstrel should beat every class in the game just because it is well played? If that's the case then everyone might as well give up and move to alb.
[/quote]

Minstrel has infinitely higher skill cap than Skald. It would just be dumb for a "skilled" Skald (press buttons harder?) to beat a decent Minstrel.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:12 AM by Quik
The skill lvl of a class has nothing to do with it. Some classes just have the right tools against another class.

Are you saying that with my savage vs hero question...that a well played savage will beat a hero?

I don't care how well skilled a savage is, he will NOT win 1v1 against a warrior in most situations and the hero is a MUCH lower skill class than a savage.

Skalds are just set up well against minstrels and tend to win, skill cap or not. I am certainly not the most skilled even with a skald, but I am incredibly happy when I am playing my skald and a minstrel jumps me, and it happens quite a lot. I don't often lose to them, nor should I.

Opposite that, a minstrel should almost always beat most casters and they do, and they should win against most tanks/light tanks and they do.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:44 AM by teiloh
Quik wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:12 AM
The skill lvl of a class has nothing to do with it. Some classes just have the right tools against another class.

Skalds were granted Extra HP and Det. Who knows why. Before, they were a bit more balanced for their skill level (which is almost 0, close to BDs)
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:49 AM by Quik
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:44 AM
Quik wrote:

Skalds were granted Extra HP and Det. Who knows why. Before, they were a bit more balanced for their skill level (which is almost 0, close to BDs)

Oh I'm not saying they weren't beefed up here...I'm just saying that on this server Skalds will generally win.

I am always referring to this server when I talk about the game because I lost all interest in live years ago.

I have no pity though because I always felt minstrels were OP on live to a ridiculous amount and now I see Skalds at the top of the food chain I just kind of chuckle.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:50 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Quik wrote:

Yeah, because charming a red or oj pet and watching it kill for you takes a ton of skill.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:54 AM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:50 AM
teiloh wrote:
Quik wrote:

Yeah, because charming a red or oj pet and watching it kill for you takes a ton of skill.

Holding a red pet takes more skill than the entire Skald class, so yes, it is balanced.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:58 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:54 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
teiloh wrote:

Holding a red pet takes more skill than the entire Skald class, so yes, it is balanced.

LOL. What skill would that be? Having +11 instruments SCed into your template? If holding a red pet took any skill, every single Minstrel out there wouldn't be running with one.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:00 AM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:58 AM
LOL. What skill would that be? Having +11 instruments SCed into your template? If holding a red pet took any skill, every single Minstrel out there wouldn't be running with one.

Uh, pet commands, needing to twist, targeting your pet.

More skill than the Skald class. I've played both.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:02 AM by Quik
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:54 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
teiloh wrote:

The game is about fun...EVERYONE having fun, not just those super skilled at doing something with a certain class.

The game is designed for some classes to do well against other classes.

If you want to make the game only for those super skilled then congratulations, you're going to kill the server.

Everyone should be able to compete and do well, and they can. Again, if I am playing my Hero I know I will do well against certain classes regardless of skill, on the other hand some classes I might normally beat will now beat me if they are super skilled. Not always, sometimes I can still take them.

I don't care how skilled a minstrel is, it would not be fair for him to win every fight and I am glad the GM's took care of that issue to a certain extent.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:03 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:00 AM
Dariussdars wrote:

Yeah, those pet commands take a ton of skill to use. So now twisting is hard? Wow. Class is EZ mode, that's why there are so many Minstrels running around out there.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:11 AM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:03 AM
teiloh wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

Yeah, those pet commands take a ton of skill to use. So now twisting is hard? Wow. Class is EZ mode, that's why there are so many Minstrels running around out there.

Yeah, they kinda do. More than pressing W and 1 2. Handling a Minstrel pet takes several keystrokes per second.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:14 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:11 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:03 AM
teiloh wrote:

Yeah, they kinda do. More than pressing W and 1 2. Handling a Minstrel pet takes several keystrokes per second.

Yet it is probably the #1 played class in Alb. So Albion obviously has the most skilled players. You should do stand up.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:20 AM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:14 AM
Yet it is probably the #1 played class in Alb. So Albion obviously has the most skilled players. You should do stand up.

And all of them have purple pets and dual wield polearms rite
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:02 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:20 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:14 AM

And all of them have purple pets and dual wield polearms rite

99% of them have oj or red pets. So yeah, it is obviously a highly skilled class to play. I get you play a Minstrel, and think it takes skill to push multiple buttons in a row.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 6:06 AM by teiloh
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:02 AM
99% of them have oj or red pets. So yeah, it is obviously a highly skilled class to play. I get you play a Minstrel, and think it takes skill to push multiple buttons in a row.

lol no.

You can't even begin to comprehend how the class works - that's how most "muh OP Minstrel" whiners are.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 7:52 AM by Sepplord
it doesn't matter though...

if you balance everyone at jimmy-mouthbreather-level and allow complicated classes higher powerceilings because of higher skill involvement, then you can simply delete all simple classes from the game, as there is no point playing them at all

DAoC has never been a game where skill trumps all, and where singular classes can beat everyone else just by being skilled. It's not balanced around 1vs1 at all.

Minstrels complaining about losing to another class is like BDs complaining about being interuppted
Wed 20 Feb 2019 10:21 AM by Dariussdars
teiloh wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 6:06 AM
Dariussdars wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:02 AM

lol no.

You can't even begin to comprehend how the class works - that's how most "muh OP Minstrel" whiners are.

I played a Minstrel on live the first 5 years starting from beta, [love]. [removed]
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:46 PM by yasow
I think we are done here with discussion.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics