Wizard spec - your thoughts

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Harlequin
in Albion
I am a returning casual player that players in the Asia time zone, so spend time soloing and in casual groups.

Planning to spec my Wizard to allow me to have fun in casual groups, zerg and keep defense which I enjoy a lot.

Earth 39
- 2nd highest Earth bolt, dot, gtaoe, nearsight and resists

Fire 33
- 2nd highest fire DD (dovetail with fire resist from earth line), improves consistency of fire damage variation with +skill level, and gives a third bolt to fire off in zergs/keep defense etc

I would plan to get MoF 4 or 5 to raise resist levels.

What do you think? Could this work? Or would the damage variance be too low and am I better off going full earth or fire?

Thanks so much!
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:42 AM by dudis
Honestly, if you like Sieges just go for the AoE DoT. You get the red Fire Debuff for your fire baseline nuke and all the other goodies that earth provides.

49 Earth
22 Fire

If you dont go for the DoT, drop a few points in earth and go higher Fire for less variance on nukes. I assume this is the standard spec for wizards in this patch.

46 Earth (keeps the best bolt and heat debuff)
28 Fire
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:12 AM by Gatlgard
I agree with dudis. You also get the best GTAOE nuke, which is a long-forgotten method of clearing out animist's mushroom forests. GTAOE's don't require line of sight and the ground target can be pushed through walls and up and down keep floors. You can hit groups and they can't hit back.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:28 AM by De Kus
I want to point out there is no GTAOE on this server.

I personally have specced 31/4/44 on my wizzard, giving me the purple AOE nuke and still the yellow nearsight and blue heat debuff. Haven't gotten much time to test (just 2L9), but I had a good impression from it. Since I am tempting another toon right know, I can't say for sure.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:46 PM by Gatlgard
What are you talking about, De Kus? I have an earth wizard on Phoenix, and he most definitely has GTAOE, and it works exactly as I've described.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics